• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I've been running Threat Level and Acrius while grinding these guns. Big Dick Energy

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
No. Kinetic weapons do more damage than energy weapons. Threat Level can also have a major mod or boss mod.

According to this thread, Acrius is king.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...end_of_acrius_is_now_the_king_of_shotgun_dps/

That's good since I have Acrius but not threat level LOL.

Anyways Ehroar had slightly different result with threat level getting more DPS IIRC.

Again it's all balanced DPS vs total vs burst. Extremely high burst (Izanagi) will have lower total and so on.

Edit: Reddit test did not use surrounded+trench barrel on threat level, only trench barrel. Ehroar did use both thus the results.

I wish ehroar had included merciless, telesto and thunderlord in his most recent DPS test...

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
what are the chances of the TLW ornament dropping or should I just pony up the 200 silver now.

Please someone stop me, I only have 400 silver in my credit

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've been running Threat Level and Acrius while grinding these guns. Big Dick Energy
#bestlife

what are the chances of the TLW ornament dropping or should I just pony up the 200 silver now.

Please someone stop me, I only have 400 silver in my credit
Uh, did you already spend your FREE PRISMATIC FASCET on something else, good sir? If not, just do that! No reason at all to spend silver. It's the last purchasable Eververse bounty on her second page.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
If I may interject - I'm not sure there is a point to owning or debating the virtues of a kinetic slot "PvE rolled" shotgun that isn't a Threat Detector w/ Trench Barrel or Surrounded. Like, seriously. There is no shotgun that you can put in that slot that is worth equipping for PvE content other than that one.

PvP is a different matter, but PvE is very clear at this point: Threat Detector (Kinetic) and IKELOS_SG (Energy) are the only special ammo shotguns that matter in Destiny 2, by design. Using anything else means (a) you haven't run the raid to get something better or (b) are bored and just want to put yourself at a disadvantage because reasons. If you have them and are still stressing about a DRB for PvE content, you're just doing it wrong.

You confused me so much with this.

I thought you were dying on the hill for a decent-but-unexceptional perk for a second... then I realized you meant the Threat Level shotgun.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that hunters still have horrible cloaks and bungie is seemingly afraid to give them a good one. Or one without a hood. Also hunters look like they ask for money a lot. Hunters suck

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Decided to log back in to see if the steps once obtaining the basic sniper frame were fixed...well...nope. Now my frame is actually gone for my inventory and I have no way of acquiring a new one that I know of so I am essentially stuck and cant progress the black armory at all...yay.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Decided to log back in to see if the steps once obtaining the basic sniper frame were fixed...well...nope. Now my frame is actually gone for my inventory and I have no way of acquiring a new one that I know of so I am essentially stuck and cant progress the black armory at all...yay.
It should be a ballistic log or something
.. Unless you have the bug

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It should be a ballistic log or something
.. Unless you have the bug

I have the bug unfortunately. This is the first time that I have had a bug in Destiny that has stopped me from progressing 100%. It really sucks cause I motivated myself since I have the next two days off to to push through all the forges but I guess not =(

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have the bug unfortunately. This is the first time that I have had a bug in Destiny that has stopped me from progressing 100%. It really sucks cause I motivated myself since I have the next two days off to to push through all the forges but I guess not =(
That sucks, man.

Reset is today, see what you can get done.

We believe in you, Guardian.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that hunters still have horrible cloaks and bungie is seemingly afraid to give them a good one. Or one without a hood. Also hunters look like they ask for money a lot. Hunters suck
I thought I saw a hunter cloak without a hood in some promotional stuff building up to forsaken. Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see. Hunter cloaks are pretty boring in D2, we haven't had anything that looks nearly as cool as D1 vanilla cloaks.

Just look at these glorious bastards
LVw8zi7.jpg

8BtgfaK.jpg

ll82Yx7.jpg

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really liked the strength of the pack cloak in D1. They really dropped the ball on these, though the Forsaken set are pretty cool and in keeping with the aesthetics of the expansion.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? Can't u just finish the weekly bounties and buy one of those gold hand cannon frames from Ada? That's what I did after my sniper frame got bugged. The bow frame is bugged too and on my second character one of the golden frame was also bugged, which meant I lost out on 3 of those powerful gear items. -_-
But yeah, u can just ditch the sniper frame and continue with the last forge's quest line.

Also, Hunters can't complain about their looks. At least the capes are cool looking. Us Warlocks are stuck walking in dresses. 😒

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dreaming City armour set variety was a let down. Expected more regal looking stuff to match the fantasy setting - Petra and Mara loking fly af but us doing the grunt work don't get shit.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

To be fair almost all the armor sets in this game fall under the space hobo catagory. At this point my hunter is wearing all the gambit armor with the lucky pants. Kinda looks like a space cowboy instead of a space hobo.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
My Bow frame for Izanami got bugged but turned into a Ballistics Log once I logged out overnight. Even so I was still able to do Izanami and complete a couple of other frames for Ada that I purchased with Modulus reports. It's ok to delete those bugged frames so that you can go and purchase another frame and continue to progress.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Dreaming City hunter boots give them THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC thighs mmm yeah daddy likes

Oh that hunter is a guy? Screw it, it's 2019 gimme gimme

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dreaming City/Last Wish Armory was good for everyone except Warlocks. I don't know they Bungo feels the need to put those ugly ass patterns on the robes.

Best looking armor is still the baron armor.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dreaming City hunter boots give them THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC thighs mmm yeah daddy likes

Oh that hunter is a guy? Screw it, it's 2019 gimme gimme
Best curves for hunter armour was the starting set for Vanilla D2. Curves for days, lad.

Yes, Van, Baron robes for Warlocks is tops, and the capes for hunters is dope.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bad at Rumble. I can consistently get top 3, but it feels like I'm struggling to even do that. My issue is that I'm playing it like QP or Comp which leads to me getting pinched on a regular basis. Eh. I'm only playing to finish off this Redrix quest that I've been putting off for a long time, so whatevs.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So now that I have all of the Forges unlocked is there any reason NOT to run Bergusia for basically everything? I mean Volundr is easy but you can forge anything in Bergusia, right? And only Bergusia has a chance of forging the Jotunn?

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
So now that I have all of the Forges unlocked is there any reason NOT to run Bergusia for basically everything? I mean Volundr is easy but you can forge anything in Bergusia, right? And only Bergusia has a chance of forging the Jotunn?
Besides doing bounties/triumphs, just run Bergusia for everything. You have a chance at curated rolls for gold frames and also Jotunn as you mentioned. Bring Riskrunner and enjoy.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Bergusia can forge anything, and with a radiant frame, chance to drop Jotunn.

I personally prefer just about any other forge because I find Bergusia's enemies annoying. Izanami is my preferred.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wait what? Can't u just finish the weekly bounties and buy one of those gold hand cannon frames from Ada? That's what I did after my sniper frame got bugged. The bow frame is bugged too and on my second character one of the golden frame was also bugged, which meant I lost out on 3 of those powerful gear items. -_-
But yeah, u can just ditch the sniper frame and continue with the last forge's quest line.

Also, Hunters can't complain about their looks. At least the capes are cool looking. Us Warlocks are stuck walking in dresses. 😒

I completed a small portion of the quest to unlock the second forge whichthen required me to return to Ada. Upon doing so she gave me a basic sniper frame and ththe quest was to collect one item but then kill fallen to get compound ether.

I noticed that no ether was dropping and took to Google to find a solution. Found out it's a glitch and shut the game off. Next morning I think to myself to give it another shot but now the basic sniper frame is gone and I dont have a way to buy a new one to push the unlocking of the second forge forward.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
I completed a small portion of the quest to unlock the second forge whichthen required me to return to Ada. Upon doing so she gave me a basic sniper frame and ththe quest was to collect one item but then kill fallen to get compound ether.

I noticed that no ether was dropping and took to Google to find a solution. Found out it's a glitch and shut the game off. Next morning I think to myself to give it another shot but now the basic sniper frame is gone and I dont have a way to buy a new one to push the unlocking of the second forge forward.

At that point you've already unlocked the second forge, Gofannon. I did the same thing yesterday and had the sniper frame disappear from my inventory today as well. You can go run the Gofannon forge and than proceed to unlocking the third one.

Oct 27, 2017
This is one boring ass game currently. Thank god for The Division 2 beta over the next handful of days, and then Crims...err...Gambit Evolv....errr...make that The Division 2's release.

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the Bow, Sword, and Auto frames on PC was beyond disappointing/depressing so I said screw it I'll turn on the Xbox One X and start leveling my characters from 600-650 for at least something to do which felt somewhat meaningful...tried to matchmake for Volundr which was basically a dumpster fire as I couldn't even find a match. Back to the drawing board Bungie, this version of DLC sucked. I need something more than boring ass Forges, rehashed/remixed content, RNG-based titles, and the shortest and easiest raid ever created for my money.

Last edited:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Back to the drawing board Bungie, this version of DLC sucked.

I agree. I really liked the forge activities, but it's basically just the equivalent of EP. We lost so much else. I wouldn't have minded the "cinematic story" they warned us about, but it feels like in addition to that there's a bunch more missing. No strikes, maps, or story. No adventures or patrol spaces. Less guns and armor. No vendor refreshes.

I am someone this DLC was supposed "aimed" at too. That's not good.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the disgruntlement is mostly down to Faction rallies being gone for me. It added something extra, hopefully, its back better than before Joker's wild. I have my Last Word back, so I'm happy especially when you consider we got more guns and armour, the forges, a raid and some cool exotics and quests for what adds up to 10 dollars of the 30 for the annual pass.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
After a lot of work (some 807 hours since I started the game - a lifetime record for me), I was finally able to get my Wayfarer badge, and ultimately every Destiny 2 achievement. I only needed one last Nessus heroic adventure and, most importantly, the BrayTech Osprey.

I got lucky with this week´s flashpoint and Nightfall rotation. For the first time in many months I used Looking For Group, a great Xbox feature. I was invited into a powerful team which completed Strange Terrain with a 6.x multiplier and achieved 262 thousand points: for some reason, I got the fabled rocket launcher at that first attempt.

There´s a lot of content I haven´t yet played (mainly the Forges and the latest Raid) but I will wait until the next big update drops. My loyal Warlock can now rest for a few months.

IMG_20190205_150910.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does Jotunn Only drop while i forge a New powerful weapon ? or Will it drop randomly after a boss kill while i farm my 35th tatara gaze?

A frame from a ballistic log (the weekly bounty). You can get two ballistic logs per character a week, for a total of six tries to get Jotunn per week. If you have three characters, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.