Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT2| How's your sister?

Nov 20, 2017
Alright, thanks one more question, is the Quick leveling thing worth using if I'm gonna do the first dlcs?
I didn't do the skip leveling thing. Leveling is pretty fast anyway so I actually hit level 50 while I was still doing Warmind stuff before I had even started Forsaken content. Warmind has some good gear available and a couple of exotics that are highly useful so I would say play it like normal and enjoy the ride.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't do the skip leveling thing. Leveling is pretty fast anyway so I actually hit level 50 while I was still doing Warmind stuff before I had even started Forsaken content. Warmind has some good gear available and a couple of exotics that are highly useful so I would say play it like normal and enjoy the ride.
Great, thanks man

Nov 20, 2017
Getting pretty comfortable with Bergusia Forge now. Riskrunner is definitely the way to go although I wish I had the catalyst for it. Riskrunner + Titan code of the juggernaut means I very rarely have to stop to reload or regen health (melee kills restore health) and with the newly improved trample perk I can just about clear wave 2 by myself with my super meaning all my team mates have to do is chuck batteries into the forge.

I don't have Whisper yet but I do have a Long Shadow sniper with Triple Tap that works well. 21 rounds with Sniper Reserves + 7 more bullets from Triple Tap means 28 total rounds and a whole lot of damage to the spider boss. I brought Hammerhead a long but didn't end up touching it at all through 2 ignitions last night with this loadout. Me like.

Oct 30, 2017
I picked this game up with forsaken and the annual pass the other day and I was wondering if Era has a guild/clan on PC that I could join up in?

Nov 20, 2017
Also saw this from yesterday's Hotfix -
  • Fixed an issue where players could not properly complete the Sniper Rifle or Bow Frames when advancing Black Armory quests
Thank you, Bungie!

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Bold Corn . Join and get your any pvp bounties done. Guaranteed wins.
Lol.

I'm on PS4, sooo.....

In other news, I'm 2/135 after 7 pvp rounds in my TLW quest..

I am the epitome of shit at this games pvp

No I'm not, is that a requirement? I was more curious about the in-game guild.
I'll forward a link to your post here to the guy that manages the roster in discord

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, first loading up after not playing since 17 is overwhelming, tons of shit has changed. Is there a good returning player guide anywhere? Bungies is lacking.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Last Word PvP steps that bad? People need to learn to how to play passive, learn to retreat from a losing fight, don't mindlessly shotgun ape,learn to stick near walls/objects for cover , get the points for assisting kills and not dying. I got my second step done in 4 games and another 3 - 4 games for the medals.

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey folks!

I’m looking to get back into Destiny after a full year of not playing (I left before the first DLC hit). From everything I’ve heard, it seems like Bungie addressed a lot of the issues I had (not enough to do in the endgame, no loot to grind for, pvp not being fun).

Anyway, since it’s been so long, I’m thinking about starting a new character from scratch. I’ve tried looking for some YouTube videos to help bring me up to speed, but I’m still a little bit confused. Are there any tips or a general guideline for me to follow for someone returning since vanilla like me?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I’ve never raided before I would really like to! Are there any active resetera clans on PS4 these days?

Feb 13, 2018
Hey folks!

I’m looking to get back into Destiny after a full year of not playing (I left before the first DLC hit). From everything I’ve heard, it seems like Bungie addressed a lot of the issues I had (not enough to do in the endgame, no loot to grind for, pvp not being fun).

Anyway, since it’s been so long, I’m thinking about starting a new character from scratch. I’ve tried looking for some YouTube videos to help bring me up to speed, but I’m still a little bit confused. Are there any tips or a general guideline for me to follow for someone returning since vanilla like me?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I’ve never raided before I would really like to! Are there any active resetera clans on PS4 these days?
For PS4 clans, I think Cornbread78 is the one to contact.
As far as lvling goes, here are two vids that explain it well, I think.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Last Word PvP steps that bad? People need to learn to how to play passive, learn to retreat from a losing fight, don't mindlessly shotgun ape,learn to stick near walls/objects for cover , get the points for assisting kills and not dying. I got my second step done in 4 games and another 3 - 4 games for the medals.
I think most people have problem with last step than PvP step lol. And that is if it isn't glitched like it was for me.

Feb 9, 2019
Really struggling to get a win streak in comp... I spent so much time with this, I just want to get fabled before the season ends...

Is the discord channel the best bet for finding a solid team to do it?

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the help! So before I start Forsaken story content, should I first complete prior vanilla and dlc sorry content?
Yes, do all the story stuff first, then do Public Events to reach lvl 50, if you don't get to 50 by the time you finish Forsaken and then focus on daily and weekly milestones.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
I started playing just before news year, and the only exotic I had were either from Xur, the ones you get from leveling, and Ace of Spades.
Last night, got 3 exotic weapons in a 2 hour span lol

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, Oathkeepers finally dropped for me. It's the last Hunter Exotic that I needed.

Oathkeepers + Le Monarque = Very disgusting in Survival + Countdown.

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Hey folks!

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Oct 25, 2017
talking the crucible step :(

Cant even complaint about yours because i cant fucking reach it
You just need to play passive and focus on staying alive. Stay close to walls and corners so you can retreat if you know very well you will lose the fight. Apart from getting kills, getting assist kills also helps with the streak.

Destiny PvP is all about game sense. If you know that looking at your radar there's a guy waiting to shotgun you at the corner, you create a distance so you can kill him before his shotgun can even reach you or avoid that corner. If you see your radar pings at 2 different areas means you get the fuck out and rejoin your teammates.

If you got hit first before you fire the first shot...retreat, instead of hoping you will outplay him. Always play according to the distance your weapons excel in. Crouching also helps because it takes you off the radar so you surprise shoot them.

The Last Word is primarily a PvP weapon so of course PvP steps are part of the quest. If you can't even climb over those PvP steps then The Last Word is not even worth pursuing.

Nov 14, 2017
Hey folks!

Thanks in advance!

PM Ruthless for a link to the Discord. The PS4 LFG is pretty good about getting newbies into raids I think. I'd bring you along for sure!

Oct 25, 2017
You just need to play passive and focus on staying alive. Stay close to walls and corners so you can retreat if you know very well you will lose the fight. Apart from getting kills, getting assist kills also helps with the streak.

Destiny PvP is all about game sense. If you know that looking at your radar there's a guy waiting to shotgun you at the corner, you create a distance so you can kill him before his shotgun can even reach you or avoid that corner. If you see your radar pings at 2 different areas means you get the fuck out and rejoin your teammates.

If you got hit first before you fire the first shot...retreat, instead of hoping you will outplay him. Always play according to the distance your weapons excel in. Crouching also helps because it takes you off the radar so you surprise shoot them.

The Last Word is primarily a PvP weapon so of course PvP steps are part of the quest. If you can't even climb over those PvP steps then The Last Word is not even worth pursuing.
I don't mind too much that it has PvP steps but its just the losing progress thing is fucking trash because it requires a type of consistency this mode has a tendency to not afford unless you are super sweaty (which i'm not nor ever will be) and it can punish you even if you actually WIN. That's a terrible way for a step to be implemented tbh

So my beef is not with it being PvP steps in general its just that particular one that punishes you severely when there are plenty of opportunities to have shit games.

Ill still try because i'm a stubborn idiot but this is no fun at all due to how soul crushing it can be:(

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind too much that it has PvP steps but its just the losing progress thing is fucking trash because it requires a type of consistency this mode has a tendency to not afford unless you are super sweaty (which i'm not nor ever will be) and it can punish you even if you actually WIN. That's a terrible way for a step to be implemented tbh

So my beef is not with it being PvP steps in general its just that particular one that punishes you severely when there are plenty of opportunities to have shit games.

Ill still try because i'm a stubborn idiot but this is no fun at all due to how soul crushing it can be:(
Like I said, it's all about gamesense. Your main priority is to stay alive and retreat from fights if you know you gonna lose. You focus on those two aspects, you can finished the quest. Let your teammate clean up and you reap the assists kill that contributes to your progress further.

Nov 15, 2017

To get progress on the step, you only need to maintain a KD of 0.5, in game efficiency of ~0.7-0.9, which can be EASILY done by simply hanging around teammates and disengage as soon as getting shot at first.

Play. Rumble.

You only need to come in top 3 out of 6 for it to count as a win, and you're not going to get snowballed.