Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT2| How's your sister?

Nov 20, 2017
I got the first PVP step of The Last Word done in 4 games and 3 of those were losses. You get the same amount of points towards the quest with an assist as you do with a kill and you lose an even amount for deaths. So the number one rule is don't die! Just stay near team mates and try to get even 1 bullet in on enemies before they die and the quest is very doable.

But yes, as others have said game sense is really important. Look at your radar and don't run into trouble. Stay close to team mates and make it a team fight instead of being caught out solo. Pulse rifles are the best for this as its easy to land some hits even at range and they are pretty forgiving overall.

Oct 27, 2017
Play. Rumble.

You only need to come in top 3 out of 6 for it to count as a win, and you're not going to get snowballed.
Do wins actually count or is it just kills? I'm making slow but decent progress playing rumble with blast furnace (zen moment, rampage) and Jotunn. Usually I play the round til I get my super, pop it and rack as many kills as I can, and then peace out to the next match cuz I figured it was more efficient but if "wins" actually count maybe I should just play the round to the end. Also if you find yourself very outmatched early on and you're losing a lot of 1v1s just leave and move on to the next game it's just not worth the frustration

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Do wins actually count or is it just kills? I'm making slow but decent progress playing rumble with blast furnace (zen moment, rampage) and Jotunn. Usually I play the round til I get my super, pop it and rack as many kills as I can, and then peace out to the next match cuz I figured it was more efficient but if "wins" actually count maybe I should just play the round to the end. Also if you find yourself very outmatched early on and you're losing a lot of 1v1s just leave and move on to the next game it's just not worth the frustration
wins or loses don't matter as long you maintain a positive K/D

but naturally, if your team is winning, you will have better assists

Nov 20, 2017
Just finished the 25 Crucible medals part. That one took maybe 6 games. I just played normally and they seemed to come without too much fuss. Lots of Jotunn's out there today. I want one! =(

Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK OFF QUEST STEP, GOD

Like I said, it's all about gamesense. Your main priority is to stay alive and retreat from fights if you know you gonna lose. You focus on those two aspects, you can finished the quest. Let your teammate clean up and you reap the assists kill that contributes to your progress further.

Basically went 100% with this mindset and while it took a bit i finally did it.

Thanks

To get progress on the step, you only need to maintain a KD of 0.5, in game efficiency of ~0.7-0.9, which can be EASILY done by simply hanging around teammates and disengage as soon as getting shot at first.

You have not seen me play then.

will be in the .5 -.7 range more times than i should admit :(

Play. Rumble.

You only need to come in top 3 out of 6 for it to count as a win, and you're not going to get snowballed.

Was thinking about this but i'm usually fucking terrible at a 1 to 1 engagement (especially when its some shotgun) so i didn't bother with it.

Now i can get to complain about that final part once i'm there :P

Oct 27, 2017
Just managed to get that hidden Gambit triumph where all four players had to deposite 15 motes at the same time. Was really close too and we lost a guy who was carrying 15 motes in the first invade, but we managed to defeat a HVT quickly and farm back up to 15 in no time. Went 10-1 today.

Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK OFF QUEST STEP, GOD

Basically went 100% with this mindset and while it took a bit i finally did it.

Thanks

You have not seen me play then.

will be in the .5 -.7 range more times than i should admit :(

Was thinking about this but i'm usually fucking terrible at a 1 to 1 engagement (especially when its some shotgun) so i didn't bother with it.

Now i can get to complain about that final part once i'm there :P
Continue to focus on this aspects and you will see your PvP game dramatically improved even if you had already completed the last word steps, applied that whenever you do your 5 games pvp weekly or Iron banner.

Even streamers always retreat when know they will die if they continue to persist.

Don't care about winning or losing a QP match, focus on staying alive/retreat and getting a positive KD is what matters. Because of this mindset is why I enjoy PvP alot more.

Oct 30, 2017
For TLW crucible steps,

Get a rapid fire or high impact Scout

Hug the back of the map and just land shots, you dont have to get kills. Assists count as well.

keep an eye on your radar

have a shotgun or sidearm for close encounters,

for heavy, if you have a Colony, those are guaranteed kills, sweet! no judgements here

Oct 27, 2017
How many powerful frames did you forge? I didn’t think Jotunn drops are rare?!
Took me 23 powerful frames personally, spread out over 4 weeks. Could've easily gone into week 5 if I didn't get it on the last frame of this week. And I've only ever seen it drop once for teammates while doing Bergusia. Jotunn drop isn't as common as people make it out to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Okay since you intentionally put it out there, I have to ask: why would mentioning your clanmates being unlucky potentially to the point of discouragement make you more satisfied? So much so that you would go out of your way to mention it?

People are reallllllly fucking weird. If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Okay since you intentionally put it out there, I have to ask: why would mentioning your clanmates being unlucky potentially to the point of discouragement make you more satisfied? So much so that you would go out of your way to mention it?

People are reallllllly fucking weird. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.
It's a joke.. They kicked me at the end as you can see in the clip and when it dropped everyone was laughing hard in disbelief. It ties into the fact that my struggle for the SoS emote is well documented and every Spire run someone gets to rub it in when they inevitably get it dropped for them, sometimes back to back. So it's funny that after months of taunting and being very late to doing Scourge that of anyone, I get it off the bat. Through EP guns to Wayfarer I've not exactly been known for my RNG luck lol.

I don't really see what's 'reallllllly fucking weird' about a bit of banter and mock rivalry among friends, honestly. Chill.

If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

People are reallllllly fucking weird. If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.
I find this response pretty fucking weird.

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
thanks to Cornbread and the gang, I did completed my first full D2 raid last night, Scourge.

thanks allot guys! I had no idea what was going on.

i got a decent Threat Level and a really poopy roll Tempered Dynamo

Nov 14, 2017

The first 10 VoG HM clears I did, I got a Vex every other try. After the first, I used to clip me getting and then sharding it and then share it with friends who I knew were super salty about not getting it yet. Good times.

Oct 26, 2017
A few things that needs to happen in D2.

1: Reverie dawn gear needs to be able to drop in the wild from various activities in Dreaming City. Like Blind well or just doing shit in dreaming city, not only from the weekly and daily bounties. How this is not a thing yet is beyond me. There is nothing to do but the dailies and weeklies. Why would i run Blind well after i have done those? Very very strange from Bungie.

2: All armours need to be able to drop with Enhanced perks.

3: Solo player Match Making in Comp.

4: All nightfalls to be offered so we can farm whatever we like.

5: Being able to reroll Exotics" Think glass needle from D1" they are so uncommon that getting the roll you want is nearly impossible.

Nov 20, 2017
Man Curse of Osiris campaign is hell of a slog, manages the rare feat of making time go slower while playing a game.
Haha yeah, pretty much although I gained some kind of weird enjoyment from completing all of it. Don't worry, Warmind is better and Forsaken is much, much better so things are only looking up for you.

I don't ever play with anyone but this game is just way too thankless for me. I don't see how people muster up the strength doing countless raid runs for 1k Voices. As much as I want it - I'm just too numb to grinding anymore. This is probably whats turning me away from Anthem and TD2.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't ever play with anyone but this game is just way too thankless for me. I don't see how people muster up the strength doing countless raid runs for 1k Voices. As much as I want it - I'm just too numb to grinding anymore. This is probably whats turning me away from Anthem and TD2.
Destiny has been a thankless job since the Vault of Glass. It’s the nature of the game.

Destiny has been a thankless job since the Vault of Glass. It’s the nature of the game.
Indeed. Hence why I said I think I'm getting burned out by it. I know it won't change, so it's hard for me to stay motivated.

I think I enjoyed just being in peoples company back then since I used to have a dedicated group that I had known for years, so thats what got me through. I know thats not Bungies fault but it is what it is.

A few things that needs to happen in D2.

1: Reverie dawn gear needs to be able to drop in the wild from various activities in Dreaming City. Like Blind well or just doing shit in dreaming city, not only from the weekly and daily bounties. How this is not a thing yet is beyond me. There is nothing to do but the dailies and weeklies. Why would i run Blind well after i have done those? Very very strange from Bungie.

2: All armours need to be able to drop with Enhanced perks.

3: Solo player Match Making in Comp.

4: All nightfalls to be offered so we can farm whatever we like.

5: Being able to reroll Exotics" Think glass needle from D1" they are so uncommon that getting the roll you want is nearly impossible.
1. By Destiny standards the armor is still a very high drop rate. 7 daily, 1 weekly, AC bounty, AC chest, Blind well T4 chest, Petra's weekly challenge(2), Story mission, Oracle chest...that's 15 potential armor drops a week. I think it's a good number and enough motivation to make players keep on doing the DC stuff every week for a chance at recovery armor with enhanced perks. But then again, you can end up with 15 tigerspites :P

They should add it to the loot pool of Heroic PE's and Lost Sector chest, but I don't see that happening.

2. Not all, but more armor for sure. Boggles the mind why the Forge armor does not have enhanced perks, especially since you can only get 1 piece per char per week outside of the forge polymers. I think next season the gambit armor will have a chance to roll enhanced perks, and quite possibly also the IB armor.

3. Solo mm in comp isn't likely - it would mean longer times to find a match and laggy connections. A solo mode for QP should definitely exist, even D1 had it.

4. They just need to add a small chance at the NF loot to heroic strikes, solves that issue. Also a better algorithm to rotate the NF's, so we don't get Fanatic strike for 2 months straight.

5. Xur or his bounties next season might have something like that, but not getting my hopes up.

Prime engram does not drop Reverie dawn gear right?
I cant remember seeing that happen...
Prime engrams are useless once you reach the PL cap, and no, they don't drop anything worthwhile.

Oct 26, 2017
1. By Destiny standards the armor is still a very high drop rate. 7 daily, 1 weekly, AC bounty, AC chest, Blind well T4 chest, Petra's weekly challenge(2), Story mission, Oracle chest...that's 15 potential armor drops a week. I think it's a good number and enough motivation to make players keep on doing the DC stuff every week for a chance at recovery armor with enhanced perks. But then again, you can end up with 15 tigerspites :P

They should add it to the loot pool of Heroic PE's and Lost Sector chest, but I don't see that happening.

Yes 15 potential drops per week.. that I will finish in 1 day.... the rest of the week? There is nothing to farm for and thats a big issue. blind well has 1 drop at tier 4 per week. there is no point in doing that event again. Its a huge waste. Having prime engrams not drop reverie dawn gear just feels very strange and this is something they need to add.
Public events does not drop anything.. Bungie mentioned that this new DLC would be for Hardcore end game content but I cant see it yet.

Bungie needs to adress this fast, as its a big flaw in the game IMO. They have however turned D2 around. Made small improvements since launch and i am liking it. hopefully they continue improving and adding less restrictions to farming and add more gear to farm for cause its lacking in its current form.

RNG is horrible in this game so they can update the old loot with enhanced perks and reverie dawn sources without it breaking the game.. its just not made to farm in and thats the whole damn point with a loot game..

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018
Yes 15 potential drops per week.. that I will finish in 1 day.... the rest of the week? There is nothing to farm for and thats a big issue. blind well has 1 drop at tier 4 per week. there is no point in doing that event again. Its a huge waste. Having prime engrams not drop reverie dawn gear just feels very strange and this is something they need to add.
Public events does not drop anything.. Bungie mentioned that this new DLC would be for Hardcore end game content but I cant see it yet.

Bungie needs to adress this fast, as its a big flaw in the game IMO. They have however turned D2 around. Made small improvements since launch and i am liking it. hopefully they continue improving and adding less restrictions to farming and add more gear to farm for cause its lacking in its current form.

RNG is horrible in this game so they can update the old loot with enhanced perks and reverie dawn sources without it breaking the game.. its just not made to farm in and thats the whole damn point with a loot game..
You also get 3 more powerfuls per character every three weeks from Shattered Throne. Then there are 40 eggs that each gove you one DC item.
I dunno, I kinda agree that all DC activities should drop a DC item, but also I’m swimming in DC gear right now so I don’t really think it’s that much of an issue.

Oct 26, 2017
I am swimming reverie gear too but not reverie dawn gear with enhanced perks.

it´s fine that enhanced perks are rare, I do not mind that at all, infact its great. but I dont like that there is limitations on how much we can play to progress and earn gear, min/max characters. D1 year 3 was great like that but still had issues.

End game content needs to improve, thats all i am saying.

People who buy the DLC should have all planets gear updated with new perks etc. its just crazy why they haven not done that, there is nothing to do on all those planets they created.. waste.

Also why is Bloom still a thing on console? Get rid of ghost bullets please. lol rant over.

Last edited: