• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
People always say this like it's some high-skill accomplishment as opposed to the basic thing every rando in the Crucible can do. Like, if you can't hit headshots consistently you're either a mediocre shotgun ape or you already quit. Dudes aren't missing in there.

Well the way people bitch about Luna instead of getting one themselves, you'd think it is some impossibly high skill quest to get one. I had a 1.1 KD and I not only got Luna but also went all the way to NF, and I don't even like PvP that much. But I guess it is easier to bitch about it than try to get one for yourself.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I don't even want your dumb Luna's. Any schmuck can roll with that.

If you're really hardcore you run Redrix as your pinnacle.

People always say this like it's some high-skill accomplishment as opposed to the basic thing every rando in the Crucible can do. Like, if you can't hit headshots consistently you're either a mediocre shotgun ape or you already quit. Dudes aren't missing in there.

It's funny how easy it supposedly is to 3-tap people... yet if the people who say so could only do so, they'd probably have a Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten by now.

That said, I do love my Redrix too.

Every time Desperado procs I hear a voice like 'It's part time' in my head.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Oh, and shoutout to BroodShadow & Ninja Kn1ght from the ERA D2 Discord. We ran the Strange Terrain NF a half dozen times this afternoon and I had a really good time. First time using discord for LFG. I almost never ran NFs because the other 3 people in my clan (lol I need to just bail from it) never really play and the loadouts I'm super comfortable with on my Hunter (my only 650 character) aren't very viable for running them solo-- at least I haven't had much luck when I try, so their patience was super appreciated. Looking forward to seeing what's in rotation this week!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Love Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

It's great to see skilled players rewarded with weapons that reward skill. In order to proc the perk that makes gun awesome instead of just very good, you need to be good at aiming to begin with. If you're not, you're probably better off with Ace of Spades or Trust anyway, since they're more forgiving (but with a lower ceiling as far as optimal TTK).

HC meta over AR meta, any day of the week.

Ace of Spades and Trust both have longer range with a lower skill gap. It's not that hard to earn LH with either of those two.

Except anything that the vast vast majority use (hand cannons) is pretty by definition not skilled. If you gave every scrub a Luna's, that is all anyone would use. Because it is the easiest thing to use. It is the easiest to get kills with. It has laser stability and FREAKING DOES 132 DAMAGE IN ONE SHOT REGULARLY.

Bungie really had to cheat to make hand cannons good...to compensate for the low skill of that archetype's user (tee hee).

I agree AR meta was boring as fuck...but then again the meta is supposed to shift to not get stale. Except it never really shifts away from hand cannons for going on 5 years....except for a few moths here and there.

Pulse meta was fun.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's funny how easy it supposedly is to 3-tap people... yet if the people who say so could only do so, they'd probably have a Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten by now.

You need a fireteam to get Lunas. Period. THATS the real barrier...

Desperado sucks and noone uses it.

They need to give other archetypes perks on the level of hand cannons. Mida should hit 132 on it's 3rd shot. Pulses should get some kind of absurdly strong damage perk like Ace's. Etc.

And yeah, 3- tapping is unbelievably easy with Lunas. You really only need two crit. With a laser stability weapon,. Hell you can finish one guy with two and then two tap the next guy.

Stop with that.

The people pumping hand cannons were the main ones screaming "nerf mida" back in the day. Such hypocrites.

I really dont know how Bungie will deal with the Luna problem. THey're terrified of the never nerf bullies.

I assume they'll eventually give it to everybody (like Vendor palindrome). Wont solve the problem of how OP it is though and how it eradicates balance...

Low skill weapons will always predominate. Hence Lunas and shotguns run amok.

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Love Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

It's great to see skilled players rewarded with weapons that reward skill. In order to proc the perk that makes gun awesome instead of just very good, you need to be good at aiming to begin with. If you're not, you're probably better off with Ace of Spades or Trust anyway, since they're more forgiving (but with a lower ceiling as far as optimal TTK).

HC meta over AR meta, any day of the week.

Ace of Spades and Trust both have longer range with a lower skill gap. It's not that hard to earn LH with either of those two.
On console with all that bloom? Nah, trust is crispy but you're overstating it's range.
How about you all stop bitching about Luna and get Luna yourself in comp together with clanmates? Isn't that the point of D Era clans? If you can spent a shitload of time doing 3 to 6 raids a week so why can't you do the same for comp?

You can 4 stack in comp to reach fabled for a easier time but in the end you didn't but bitch about it.

Any Luna user will tell you the range is piss poor and get outgunned by a pulse/scout/telesto/wavesplitter anytime. NF is a different story because that gun range is ridiculous.

"But but only the super sweaty pro players can get that comp exclusive gun!" Bullshit, then about those weapons like 1KV or Anarchy which are raid exclusive PvE guns? How many tries,time and effort in doing 3 to 6 times a week for a chance at it?

Look at LiK, his KD is 0.7 but he got his Luna by duo/4 stacking not to mention the time and effort he put in comp over the season which is 3 months. Reaching fabled is all about the time you put in. I got Luna or mountaintop 2 months after the start each season but what have you been doing in those 2 months besides just raiding and bounties?

I can agree that pvp matchmaking is dumpster fire garbage and comp needs a rework because it's a piece of shit but bitching about something that you yourself can get but did not think of putting in time is stupid.
Lol, C'mon dude that is reductive, you don't know how much time people put in, you're talking like getting these weapons is a simple exchange of time like it's a Raid.

I work crazy hours, but ignored all the aspects of the game I actually enjoyed in the first season to chase Lunas, everyone on this board can attest to my obsession, I was putting in work every night, never got past 1000 glory before being clapped back down repeatedly. Heck , you and I even teamed up in crucible and had a torrid time in comp.

So don't blame people for not wanting to be held hostage by shit game modes like countdown or having their streaks taken away by leavers mid match or the countless ohk bs and dust rocks that can snipe you from across the map. There are just too many small things that make dedicating time to comp a horrible, soul-crushing experience and I won't willingly submit myself to it. What compounds the issue is that the tools that paid for account recoveries and there are many now take these guns into qp to make that a intolerable experience.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I would just like to say that Bows are better than Fusions and TLW + Bow will be the new meta.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Any type of bow in particular? I'm still getting used to TLW and haven't settled on what to use as an energy weapon.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats mate! I'm about to reset my Infamy for the second time and will be grinding Gambit matches till the new season hits in a couple weeks to push me over the third reset finish line. Never thought I'd be going for that particular seal, but grinding out Escalation Protocols for the rest of the Warmind Destinations-related gear is not fun for me at all.
Thanks and good luck with ur grind! I read on Reddit there would be an increased infamy week incoming before the season ends, so that might help with ur grind to the third reset. I enjoy Gambit a lot, so it didn't really feel like a grind to me. Of course winning surely helps lol. I'm tryharding in every mode (except maybe during raids, because those take a long time).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man if anybody needs a really good pulse rifle, get the vendor gambit bygones. Put on Arrowhead Brake AND apply a CB mod.

This is gonna give you 99 recoil direction and thing is a laser in the mid-mid range. Although I'm pretty sure range will give it issues on long maps.

Max the stability MW for extra gravy. Put on hi cal since extended rounds slows the reload (bad for KC) and the mag is big enough.

Plus of course it has kill clip, which you very much need some type of damage increase, either rampage or KC, in this era of hopped up hand cannon perks Magnificent Howl/Memento Mori.

Since I learned how the recoil direction stat actually works it's really helped my pulse understanding.

Last edited:

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
On console with all that bloom? Nah, trust is crispy but you're overstating it's range.

Lol, C'mon dude that is reductive, you don't know how much time people put in, you're talking like getting these weapons is a simple exchange of time like it's a Raid.

I work crazy hours, but ignored all the aspects of the game I actually enjoyed in the first season to chase Lunas, everyone on this board can attest to my obsession, I was putting in work every night, never got past 1000 glory before being clapped back down repeatedly. Heck , you and I even teamed up in crucible and had a torrid time in comp.

So don't blame people for not wanting to be held hostage by shit game modes like countdown or having their streaks taken away by leavers mid match or the countless ohk bs and dust rocks that can snipe you from across the map. There are just too many small things that make dedicating time to comp a horrible, soul-crushing experience and I won't willingly submit myself to it. What compounds the issue is that the tools that paid for account recoveries and there are many now take these guns into qp to make that a intolerable experience.
That one time you and I team up it was a 50/50 match win loss until that two losses which is a standard for anybody to stop after that. Always stop after 2 loss in a row.

Bold one, for the past few months I always honestly feel that if you had continued to persist in getting a duo/stack in the Era Clan LFG discords to help you out especially late season 4 where matchups gets easier because all the tryhard bullshit and account recoveries are getting lesser and lesser, you would have gotten a few win streaks and you would have gotten your Luna already instead of continuing playing solo in comp. I seen plenty and plenty of players like yourself reaching fabled near season end and I'm the kind that checks destiny tracker compulsively on my opponents for every match wondering how the hell they beat me only to be surprised by their stats. It is possible if you put time in it despite the bullshit.

I continued and persisted in putting time in season 4 despite leavers and against dust rock/telesto/wavesplitter/Luna/stacks/One Eye Bastards, I went beyond and hang out on LFG discord groups because I wanted Luna that badly after hitting heroic 2/3.

Season 5 was a even worst experience for me than last season. Beginning of season 5 I lost 10 matches in a row and couldn't even break 200 glory. Throughout the whole season 5 I keep having 3 to 4 losses in the row on multiple occasions, then recently I lost 8 to 9 matches in a row which resulted 200 glory loss and boy did it put me into frustration and sadness for the whole night sleep and it bothered me during the day but I knew if I continued everyday putting in time trying to win at least 30 - 40 points a day plus taking account of the bonus reset, I'll bound to hit a winstreak which will recover all of my glory losses and put me further than I was. Again my efforts paid off as I reached fabled again and got the MountainTop.

I suggest in season 6, don't do comp immediately at the start, start around 3 weeks later and constantly try to get a duo or stack to help you, NEVER do solo. I really believe you can get your Luna especially now Bungle have changed the matchmaking algorithms which benefits below fabled players because those players in mythic and legend especially those in stacks have no chance of matching against low ranks for easy stomps.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Vendor Bygone has always been God-tier in PvP on console, even in post Blast Furnace meta.

the 99 recoil direction thing really helps though. Counterbalance+ Arrowhead Brake.

Wish it could roll rangefinder but it's in the same slot as kill clip. Best you could do for a range boost would be ricochet rounds. Of course none of these guns are very farmable anyway.

Chain of woe six shot hunter gives you great value outlaw I guess. other than that pulse rifle loader doesn't help much.

if this had the range of blast furnace it'd be pretty stupid. but damage dropoff is a constant with it, yet it's still fantastic.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need a fireteam to get Lunas. Period. THATS the real barrier...

Desperado sucks and noone uses it.

They need to give other archetypes perks on the level of hand cannons. Mida should hit 132 on it's 3rd shot. Pulses should get some kind of absurdly strong damage perk like Ace's. Etc.

And yeah, 3- tapping is unbelievably easy with Lunas. You really only need two crit. With a laser stability weapon,. Hell you can finish one guy with two and then two tap the next guy.

Stop with that.

The people pumping hand cannons were the main ones screaming "nerf mida" back in the day. Such hypocrites.

I really dont know how Bungie will deal with the Luna problem. THey're terrified of the never nerf bullies.

I assume they'll eventually give it to everybody (like Vendor palindrome). Wont solve the problem of how OP it is though and how it eradicates balance...

Low skill weapons will always predominate. Hence Lunas and shotguns run amok.

I got Luna solo within 3 weeks of Forsaken launching.

People will either cry, make excuses, and stomp their feet like a baby or actually try. Hopefully, Bungie doesn't cater to the former no more.

By the way, it's not the weapon but the player

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That one time you and I team up it was a 50/50 match win loss until that two losses which is a standard for anybody to stop after that. Always stop after 2 loss in a row.

Bold one, for the past few months I always honestly feel that if you had continued to persist in getting a duo/stack in the Era Clan LFG discords to help you out especially late season 4 where matchups gets easier because all the tryhard bullshit and account recoveries are getting lesser and lesser, you would have gotten a few win streaks and you would have gotten your Luna already instead of continuing playing solo in comp. I seen plenty and plenty of players like yourself reaching fabled near season end and I'm the kind that checks destiny tracker compulsively on my opponents for every match wondering how the hell they beat me only to be surprised by their stats. It is possible if you put time in it despite the bullshit.

I continued and persisted in putting time in season 4 despite leavers and against dust rock/telesto/wavesplitter/Luna/stacks/One Eye Bastards, I went beyond and hang out on LFG discord groups because I wanted Luna that badly after hitting heroic 2/3.

Season 5 was a even worst experience for me than last season. Beginning of season 5 I lost 10 matches in a row and couldn't even break 200 glory. Throughout the whole season 5 I keep having 3 to 4 losses in the row on multiple occasions, then recently I lost 8 to 9 matches in a row which resulted 200 glory loss and boy did it put me into frustration and sadness for the whole night sleep and it bothered me during the day but I knew if I continued everyday putting in time trying to win at least 30 - 40 points a day plus taking account of the bonus reset, I'll bound to hit a winstreak which will recover all of my glory losses and put me further than I was. Again my efforts paid off as I reached fabled again and got the MountainTop.

I suggest in season 6, don't do comp immediately at the start, start around 3 weeks later and constantly try to get a duo or stack to help you, NEVER do solo. I really believe you can get your Luna especially now Bungle have changed the matchmaking algorithms which benefits below fabled players because those players in mythic and legend especially those in stacks have no chance of matching against low ranks for easy stomps.
First of all, congratulations on the mountain top, I hear its a good skill weapon.

Look, I see it this way, I can either spend the little time I have with the game playing strikes and doing missions and quests I enjoy like TLW, or I can spend it being miserable, I decided it wasn't worth it it in the long run otherwise I would be here shitting on the game 24/7 getting toxic af.

No I'm not a pvp god, no, I don't have time to sink into it, I simply don't. I could be chasing titles, exotics and lore than being frustrated constantly, I don't want to have that kind of relationship with the game.

And for the people who got their lunas early, congrats, but understand that with every recipient of that gun a new gatekeeper is created for those chasing it, so this will get worse.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
How about you all stop bitching about Luna and get Luna yourself in comp together with clanmates? Isn't that the point of D Era clans? If you can spent a shitload of time doing 3 to 6 raids a week so why can't you do the same for comp?

You can 4 stack in comp to reach fabled for a easier time but in the end you didn't but bitch about it.

Any Luna user will tell you the range is piss poor and get outgunned by a pulse/scout/telesto/wavesplitter anytime. NF is a different story because that gun range is ridiculous.

"But but only the super sweaty pro players can get that comp exclusive gun!" Bullshit, then about those weapons like 1KV or Anarchy which are raid exclusive PvE guns? How many tries,time and effort in doing 3 to 6 times a week for a chance at it?

Look at LiK, his KD is 0.7 but he got his Luna by duo/4 stacking not to mention the time and effort he put in comp over the season which is 3 months. Reaching fabled is all about the time you put in. I got Luna or mountaintop 2 months after the start each season but what have you been doing in those 2 months besides just raiding and bounties?

I can agree that pvp matchmaking is dumpster fire garbage and comp needs a rework because it's a piece of shit but bitching about something that you yourself can get but did not think of putting in time is stupid.
jesus dude you sure he's okay with being fucking called out like that

KD doesn't matter. I have a Luna's and most don't. Gonna go for NF next.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If you hate PVP don't touch Crimson Dubs this week, its prob gonna be sweaty as shit for a bit, until they finish their triumphs and slither off back to comp or QP.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017

I've tried to get Luna's as the only step I have left is to hit Fabled. I had a few people tell me they would group up with me yet it never happened. I got to a point where I quit asking. I still want the gun for sure but I don't have the skills to get it playing solo.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to get Luna's as the only step I have left is to hit Fabled. I had a few people tell me they would group up with me yet it never happened. I got to a point where I quit asking. I still want the gun for sure but I don't have the skills to get it playing solo.
I was in the same situation as you.

Thats why I went to other LFG Discords such as CoolGuy or Crucible Radio.etc or any destiny youtuber/streamer discords. There's always somebody in those that wants to comp.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I tried asking on Aztecross's Discord a couple times with no interest except one guy that was unfortunately on Xbox.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Ran Warden of Nothing Nightfall a couple of times last night and ended up getting 2 Warden's Law out of the same chest. The first was fully Masterwork'ed with Ricochet rounds, Rampage and Zen Moment and the second was drop mag, Outlaw and Hipfire grip so neither are fantastic. Had a random yellow bar Cabal drop Heart of Innmost Light (which I did not have) so overall it was a good series of runs.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
lol, I cant believe they swapped Fourth Time's The Charm with Zen Moment. Instantly killed my interest in farming that gun

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
lol, I cant believe they swapped Fourth Time's The Charm with Zen Moment. Instantly killed my interest in farming that gun
At least Fourth Times the Charm works well on the Long Goodbye. Goddamn, it's like a mini black spindle, with extended mag and backup mag I could dump 11 rounds into the target before I can reload.

Dec 2, 2017
Well the way people bitch about Luna instead of getting one themselves, you'd think it is some impossibly high skill quest to get one. I had a 1.1 KD and I not only got Luna but also went all the way to NF, and I don't even like PvP that much. But I guess it is easier to bitch about it than try to get one for yourself.

You must have had some solid teammates, because upper tier comp is hell. There is nothing easy about getting there.

I'm being half serious about the Redrix. I've grown to like it, and I'm doing alright with it as a long range secondary in my main loadout right now. But it's pretty uncompetitive on console in a straight up 1v1 at anything but long range.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got one Long Goodbye, and I know this gun got a rise in popularity recently - came with snapshot so it's good for PVP at least.

0INcFki.png

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
"HUH DUH, GRENADE LAUNCHER SUCK, NO REASON TO GRIND COMP S5!" - By people who just refused to straight out learn Grenade Launcher and rather ape with a shotgun instead.

Lets see what season 6 pinnacle weapon would be. Hopefully it's something that will make people want to participate.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I have 10 plus on my list who have luna and some arent what I call pvp players. Top level players are beyond that at this point so the chances of running into them is much smaller. The gun is much easier to get.
If you barely play pvp why does it matter to you anyway. Same with last word which is the luna ass whupper and is easier to get.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Going for the triumph required for Mountaintop would kill anyone's interest in Mountaintop alone... comp has nothing to do with it

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I shouldn't bother with Luna if I'm not good enough to get it on my own.

The short answer is no - if you feel you can't carry your own when playing solo then you will have trouble reaching Fabled.
There will be bad games and there will be games that inflate your ego to the stratosphere.
Happens to the best of us.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
"HUH DUH, GRENADE LAUNCHER SUCK, NO REASON TO GRIND COMP S5!" - By people who just refused to straight out learn Grenade Launcher and rather ape with a shotgun instead.

Lets see what season 6 pinnacle weapon would be. Hopefully it's something that will make people want to participate.

Lol, you can make jokes but it's true.

The grenade launcher is not a pinnacle weapon on the level of Luna's. It's common sense that less people will want to go after it. Comp is shit tier, so even if the reward is worth it, that's how it will always go. People will get the reward and be done with the playlist.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I know, right? I did some reading on this one and the perk change is baffling to me. Like Feeding Frenzy or even Outlaw would have made this gun pretty amazing but Zen Moment is beyond useless with an 8 round clip. Even drop mag would have been something to help the terrible reload but Zen Moment is just useless.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I would just like to say that Bows are better than Fusions and TLW + Bow will be the new meta.

I didn't think I would like bows a ton but then I got a Subtle Calamity with Dragonfly & Explosive Head, boosted draw time to a masterwork, and I even added a Minor Spec mod. It's a lifesaver to be able to headshot rank and file enemies, melt their nearby friends with Dragonfly's AOE, and get orbs for that. I typically play solo so it makes the game 1000x more fun for me. It never comes off my Energy Slot unless I have a specific bounty I'm fulfilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.