• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
We need solar bows and ice bows

A solar bow (The Vow) literally just released today as part of the Crimson Days event, so there ya go!

Unfortunately it can only be purchased using the "confectionery heart" currency available during this event, some of which require doing activities and a fireteam of two. I typically play solo so there's going to be some grind in it for me, but I have a feeling that the LFG Discord might become a bit more active with people looking for a second to complete some of these bounties.

Edit: eh, not nearly as bad as I thought, grind-wise. You've got bounties that don't require you to have a fireteam, and you get +5 of the hearts for every Crimson Days match completed (and they go by fast). I already have 60 hearts so I should be able to get that bow soon enough. The wardcliff coil ornament looks cool too.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
OK, The IKELOS Shotgun is available from Escalation Protocol. What do I need to do to get the keys to open the chest at the very end of the last wave? Is the Shotgun a drop, or does it usually come from the chest after the final wave??

Ive got an exam in a bit, but when I get back home im totally going to be working on trying to get it if anyone wants to help lol. Ill make a LFG post on the Discord when im ready!

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
OK, The IKELOS Shotgun is available from Escalation Protocol. What do I need to do to get the keys to open the chest at the very end of the last wave? Is the Shotgun a drop, or does it usually come from the chest after the final wave??

Ive got an exam in a bit, but when I get back home im totally going to be working on trying to get it if anyone wants to help lol. Ill make a LFG post on the Discord when im ready!

The shotgun is a drop, the chest isn't relevant.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

The key opens the chest at the end of Level 7 - it only drops armor (Year 1 armor so its really useless now). The gun is a drop from the boss. You can keep farming the boss for the drop.

To get the key, you need 7 fragments (usually earned from public events and such) - you can then buy an Encrypted Key from Ana. Play Escalation Protocol and eventually you will get a Decrypted Key.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
The key opens the chest at the end of Level 7 - it only drops armor (Year 1 armor so its really useless now). The gun is a drop from the boss. You can keep farming the boss for the drop.

To get the key, you need 7 fragments (usually earned from public events and such) - you can then buy an Encrypted Key from Ana. Play Escalation Protocol and eventually you will get a Decrypted Key.

Lol I had no idea I could farm it, I didn't know it was a boss drop.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Oracle Offering:

Turns out what our Ghost said is true - no more updates to Mara. Instead there's an Awoken standing there now who just straight up gives you the chest

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
You need a fireteam to get Lunas. Period. THATS the real barrier...

Desperado sucks and noone uses it.

They need to give other archetypes perks on the level of hand cannons. Mida should hit 132 on it's 3rd shot. Pulses should get some kind of absurdly strong damage perk like Ace's. Etc.

And yeah, 3- tapping is unbelievably easy with Lunas. You really only need two crit. With a laser stability weapon,. Hell you can finish one guy with two and then two tap the next guy.

Stop with that.

The people pumping hand cannons were the main ones screaming "nerf mida" back in the day. Such hypocrites.

I really dont know how Bungie will deal with the Luna problem. THey're terrified of the never nerf bullies.

I assume they'll eventually give it to everybody (like Vendor palindrome). Wont solve the problem of how OP it is though and how it eradicates balance...

Low skill weapons will always predominate. Hence Lunas and shotguns run amok.

So hit the LFG sites and make some new friends. That's what I did. None of my D2 friends wanted to play comp, they're all PVE players. So I put myself out there, with my little 1.2 Kd, on the platform with the lowest population (XBone) and still managed to not only get a team, but make friends to play with again and again. Like, I'm sorry the game won't reward you for being an introvert? Meet people. Talk to people. Group up. It's not like you're lacking for conversation starters or mutual interests, you have a common interest in Destiny 2.

I just don't find Luna's Howl to be much of a problem due to the low range.

MIDA on the other hand, could map you while flinching the shit out of you.

I love the way MIDA feels, still do, but it was a bigger problem in sandbox 1.0 than LH is now.

As far as Redrix, I use it and love it. I don't use it once I reach mythic or legend in comp, obviously, at that point everybody is a meta-whore and uses the absolute best guns in the game (DRB, NF, Wardcliff, in my case). But not being the best gun doesn't mean a gun sucks. You have to play a bit passive til you proc Desperado, granted, but once it procs, you can waste an entire team of Luna's in seconds.

Most of my 'We Ran Out of Medals' medals came when using Redrix and just clear-cutting teams over and over with it.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Ever since that Black Armory I can't go to the tower if playing with someone on my same network. We can play the game fine but the fire team leader always beavers out when trying to go to tower. It was bad enough when trying to do the forge quest now with crimson days it just kills my mood to keep playing.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Only need 122 points to hit 2040 and wait out reset, should I risk it during Crimson Dubs or nah : O

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Oracle Offering:

Turns out what our Ghost said is true - no more updates to Mara. Instead there's an Awoken standing there now who just straight up gives you the chest
Oh, wow. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss queenie. She's certainly one of the most interesting characters in the Destiny universe. I wonder if they will bringing her back from wherever she is for real at some point?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are you telling me Shaxx was never into me. My Crimson day or what the fuck ever is ruined.

Made all of those Vanilla Blades for FUCKING NOTHING.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Nah, you don't now with this new matchmaking - it helps considerably but it's not required.

Well, yes I should have spelled it out but you have two options, good fireteam or be a absolute solo beast 2.0+ k/d (only a very small minority can do this). I got neither.

I lfg everything and looking at pvp xbox lfg, I just see a lot of "1.5+ k/d required" "be good" "have 427 flawless" etc caveats. I'm average...1 k/d

I'm not really sweating it that much as I'm not a hand cannon guy. I doubt I'd use Lunas much if I had it, I dont like no paltry 28 meter range. I guess if I was a HC main though, it'd probably be like water torture not having it. Sure, I would like it to try, I try everything, and I even used Trust and Ace a little bit. I eagerly await when we are inevitably given it from a vendor free (or with a PVE quest) to even out the playing field.

Ran Warden of Nothing Nightfall a couple of times last night and ended up getting 2 Warden's Law out of the same chest. The first was fully Masterwork'ed with Ricochet rounds, Rampage and Zen Moment and the second was drop mag, Outlaw and Hipfire grip so neither are fantastic. Had a random yellow bar Cabal drop Heart of Innmost Light (which I did not have) so overall it was a good series of runs.

Those suckers give like 7 MW cores on dismantling LOL. They're great. I got two on one NF once too.

Dec 2, 2017
I did like 8 lost sectors, 4 public events & a heroic adventure...not one bit of Variks lore dropped. If you can finish the entire flashpoint and then some without a single drop, that drop rate's pretty silly.

At least I finally encountered the Tortured Abomination after all these months.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I did like 8 lost sectors, 4 public events & a heroic adventure...not one bit of Variks lore dropped. If you can finish the entire flashpoint and then some without a single drop, that drop rate's pretty silly.

At least I finally encountered the Tortured Abomination after all these months.

Keep on doing the heroic adventures, highest drop rate. Not worth wasting time on the other activities.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So, I've been kind of out of Destiny for all of 2019 so far. Longest gap I've had in the game since Destiny 1.

But hey, let's jump into Crimson Days. I missed Dieselpunk last year and now it's easier to get.

Alright, let me just start up a match an--WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS JOTUN SHIT JESUS CHRIST

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been kind of out of Destiny for all of 2019 so far. Longest gap I've had in the game since Destiny 1.

But hey, let's jump into Crimson Days. I missed Dieselpunk last year and now it's easier to get.

Alright, let me just start up a match an--WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS JOTUN SHIT JESUS CHRIST

54dad19e999c70e0a583573f776646922304883377381f4f947127fa7b55e7a8.jpg

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

tenor.gif

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

Just dodge it /s

Shit's a braindead weapon. Even worse than shotguns lol.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Crimson Days has secret Triumphs for kills using certain weapons.

Crimson, Two Tailed Fox and Vigilance Wing that we know of.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Jotuun will never be nerfed.

The way to beat it is to ape who uses it, not unlike an archer. Terrible close range tracking against a moving target. It's a peek weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.