• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Forsaken was 6 months ago, let that sink in.

I think a lul is healthy, it prevents burn out, because in the cold light of day, they can never pump out enough content to satiate players. Especially now with a future without VV or HM.

I actually think the lul last year pre-forsaken was worse than it is now.....

But hey, clan wise, all four engrams are already done for the week and 3/4 raid groups went out yesterday, so it's not completely dead.......

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I know that all of our "work" will be thrown away with D3 so stopped worry about the little stuff. For instance, I won't do dumb triumphs that have me going out my way because that game time can be better spent doing something.

That said, filling the collection is one of the best parts of Destiny now. I am missing under 100 items at this point.

DqczgZM.png

Eh, the problem with this page is that it doesn't total -everything-

I didnt play Trials at all so I have none of that shit, so even if mine was filled I would not have -everything-

Nevermind all those rare hard to get emblems that you can't get anymore

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I actually think the lul last year pre-forsaken was worse than it is now.....

But hey, clan wise, all four engrams are already done for the week and 3/4 raid groups went out yesterday, so it's not completely dead.......
I think the lul after curse was the worst state the game had ever been in, and then we started to hear grumblings about the summit. The turn around began around Warmind.

Over all though, as Destiny players who've been at this for 5 years we need to understand the importance of taking breaks, there are lots of great games coming out. I say go play them and come back to Destiny with a fresher perspective. Playing the Anthem 'demo' gave me a greater appreciation of Destiny and its systems.

Seriously though, the next season best have a world loot refresh.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I think the lul after curse was the worst state the game had ever been in, and then we started to hear grumblings about the summit. The turn around began around Warmind.

Over all though, as Destiny players who've been at this for 5 years we need to understand the importance of taking breaks, there are lots of great games coming out. I say go play them and come back to Destiny with a fresher perspective. Playing the Anthem 'demo' gave me a greater appreciation of Destiny and its systems.

Yeah no joke

Full loot refresh, catalysts, quests etc

Give us just a littpe more meat

Maybe a dungeon too

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the problem with this page is that it doesn't total -everything-

I didnt play Trials at all so I have none of that shit, so even if mine was filled I would not have -everything-

Nevermind all those rare hard to get emblems that you can't get anymore

Yes, because those are impossible to get anymore. That said, I have all of that stuff except for season 1 eververse items. Didn't get too much of those because they weren't generous back then.

Everyone has their own collections goal which is good. And from Warmind on, there is some form of parity. Personally, I love absolutely love that they added a whole collections interface - adds a ton to my enjoyment. Only thing I want now is to be able to retrieve items.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yeah no joke
Full loot refresh, catalysts, quests etc
Give us just a littpe more meat
Maybe a dungeon too

Seriously, lots of "exotic quests" and mini raids would be great. Also, something to make public events worth it again with bosses that take more tan 1 super to kill and a way to ensure more than 1 person is there for it.....

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Whisper in a 2v2?

Breh...

hahaha yeah I got paired a couple times with someone whose heavy was Whisper. Not so good times. I've been using The Colony and it's been great at sniffing out players (usually huddled up because it's 2v2) around corners.

Also the matches haven't been super long for me like some others have been complaining about. I've been fortunate that the people I've been paired with just want to get things over and done with so everyone is playing pretty aggressively.

LunaticPuma

Oct 27, 2017
Remember, posts like this are what got us D2 Vanilla. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm missing two exotics on my Warlock as well, but I'll get them eventually. This is way better than what it used to be.

D2 Vanilla wasn't trash because people got loot too quickly. D2 Vanilla was trash because there was nothing to do end game. No dungeons, no heroic strikes, nothing that was a test of gun skill or strategy around loadouts. Now Bungie has slowed down the loot grind to a crawl but they have failed to add much meaningful endgame. The forges are not end game and heroic strikes are the closest we have to loadout playgrounds. There is no end game for anyone who plays Destiny as a shooter which is the biggest problem. I spend 90% (Riven cheese and forges for curated rolls) of my time doing activities in Destiny I don't want to do to acquire loot. I rarely get to just play around with loadouts and guns because I don't have certain ones. Destiny has turned into much more of a looter with little compelling end game shooting.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
D2 Vanilla wasn't trash because people got loot too quickly. D2 Vanilla was trash because there was nothing to do end game. No dungeons, no heroic strikes, nothing that was a test of gun skill or strategy around loadouts. Now Bungie has slowed down the loot grind to a crawl but they have failed to add much meaningful endgame. The forges are not end game and heroic strikes are the closest we have to loadout playgrounds. There is no end game for anyone who plays Destiny as a shooter which is the biggest problem. I spend 90% (Riven cheese and forges for curated rolls) of my time doing activities in Destiny I don't want to do to acquire loot. I rarely get to just play around with loadouts and guns because I don't have certain ones. Destiny has turned into much more of a looter with little compelling end game shooting.

It was absolutely trash because you got loot too quickly. Getting everything the game has to offer immediately is not fun to me. I enjoy chasing random rolls on loot.

I'd be fine with Xur never selling the Forsaken exotics.

If you don't want to chase loot in a loot game, play something else.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
It was absolutely trash because you got loot too quickly. Getting everything the game has to offer immediately is not fun to me. I enjoy chasing random rolls on loot.

But Destiny isn't a loot game ;)

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017

I respectfully disagree, then take him out of the game completely. He serves no purpose now.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I respectfully disagree, then take him out of the game completely. He serves no purpose now.

He serves no purpose to you right now if you have all Y1 exotics. A lot of people don't have everything yet.

Next season they are adding more to him with exotic bounties and could always sell glass needles again to be useful.

But sure, I'd be fine with him being removed from the game too. I never thought he should exist.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I use Xur to buy the Fated Engram to try and get a better roll on armor piece beyond the terrible stock one from collections.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Forsaken was 6 months ago, let that sink in.

I think a lul is healthy, it prevents burn out, because in the cold light of day, they can never pump out enough content to satiate players. Especially now with a future without VV or HM.

Bungie just laid of 770 devs or whatever, and I havent been following super closely but a lot of them were possibly tied to Destiny support when combined with kotick's comments.

Basically I wonder if much less content is in our future now with only Bungie delivering.

hahaha yeah I got paired a couple times with someone whose heavy was Whisper. Not so good times. I've been using The Colony and it's been great at sniffing out players (usually huddled up because it's 2v2) around corners.

Also the matches haven't been super long for me like some others have been complaining about. I've been fortunate that the people I've been paired with just want to get things over and done with so everyone is playing pretty aggressively.

Hmm, I think by nature the mode is pretty campy. Everybody uses snipers and bows because if you can get a bow shot or sniper body in your partner can clean up with primary. picks are paramount.

I pulled out my black scorpion the last match yday, to combat the snipes in a better fashion, when I really needed the win and it was clutch. Scout and pulse, which is a really campy loadout. i'm not good with either bows or snipers.

i'm thinking polaris lance might be an even better option to pair with blast furnace though. since i'm running blast/hammerhead i have room for an exotic. wardcliff coil doesnt seem particularly effective in this mode again because of the distance. but i could be wrong. colony might be a good idea too although it precludes polaris. and then if i run into ape teams, well it'll be back to shotgun secondary i suppose, but yesterday i wasn't seeing apes.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

easy loot wasn't th reason why D2 Vanilla was trash.

Watered down abilities, long cool downs, dual Primaries and 4v4 PvP was why D2 Vanilla sucked.
Placing Shotties, Fusion and Sniper to Power Weapon slot ??????????????

Rise of Iron was loot happy but was fun.

If we could get back to 3s of Coins abuse from D1 and the Exotic drop rate from Rise of Iron, I would be happy to complete my Exotic Armor collection.

I don't have One Eyed Mask, so I am happy they are nerfing it because it never dropped for my Titan.

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Complete random at this point but for anyone who is wondering I asked the question a couple of pages back if it isn't worth always aiming down the sights with The Last Word and always trying to land precision hits regardless of the intrinsic perk. So I did some testing last night. Yes, it is an efficient way to kill to always aim down the sights with TLW but, in my opinion, it completely sucks the soul out of the gun and kills all the fun. Like, if you are going to be doing that you could be using quite a few other hand cannons with larger magazines, better range or better perks.

So while it may be efficient (to always ADS) it is far more fun to hip fire 100% of the time and stack those fan-fire bonuses to get a reload that is nearly Outlaw fast. It feels reckless and a little bit wild and I like that about it.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
He serves no purpose to you right now if you have all Y1 exotics. A lot of people don't have everything yet.

Next season they are adding more to him with exotic bounties and could always sell glass needles again to be useful.

But sure, I'd be fine with him being removed from the game too. I never thought he should exist.

so how long should players have to wait for xur to sell forsaken exotics? It's been long enough. And obviously once he starts to sell them, you've got to wait x weeks for what you're looking for to even show up.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
so how long should players have to wait for xur to sell forsaken exotics? It's been long enough. And obviously once he starts to sell them, you've got to wait x weeks for what you're looking for to even show up.

September probably. Looks like Bungie has no plans to add any more exotic armor for this year so they're gonna milk the heck out of what they added to Forsaken.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
September probably. Looks like Bungie has no plans to add any more exotic armor for this year so they're gonna milk the heck out of what they added to Forsaken.
I have two opinions about this. One is that new stuff is cool and it would be nice to have some new armor pieces to look forward to. The other thought is that there are plenty of older exotic armor pieces that need updating / revamping to make them not suck so maybe it would just be better to ask for that.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt those xur bounties are going to be connected to Thorn. It seems likely that they'll be a new way to get forsaken exotics.

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on my Geomags....

But thanks to Xur i got that really good Skullfort so not i'm complaining :D

My hunter still needs Year 1 stuff as well so until then

Last edited:

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
the lack of any decent way of rerolling exotic armor is just....it's another sign that bungie is just slow to react on too much stuff

not excited about the pace of their output/updates without activisions money/dev support

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
I have two opinions about this. One is that new stuff is cool and it would be nice to have some new armor pieces to look forward to. The other thought is that there are plenty of older exotic armor pieces that need updating / revamping to make them not suck so maybe it would just be better to ask for that.

I agree with the latter. So many pointless exotics that could use some reworking.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Jade Rabbit and Inaugural address is great in Crimson. Jade for all those obnoxious snipers and bows. Inaugural is just great all around and works pretty good at close too, can at least be decent even against AR's, TLW, etc..

For heavy I'm kinda alternating with Colony, Wardcliff, or Hammerhead. If you go with exotic heavy, then I switch up the scout/pulse combo. Either Nifleheim Frost (probably my best legendary kinetic scout, has kill clip)/Inaugural, or Blast Furnace/Black Scorpion (on maps with lanes slightly too long for Addresse's sweet spot, blast furnace will get er done). Kinda depends on the map they're pretty similar loadouts obviously. On a map with a lot of indoors combat you might want the colony for example, and have to adjust accordingly. Another consideration is you dont want Scorpion on really long lanes.

I bet this Jade/Address thing is awesome in quickplay too, although wardcliff mops up so many kills in quick play it's kinda hard to give up.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Got Le Monarque from the lone forge run I did this afternoon and lovvvvvve the DoT for Crucible and these CD matches in particular. Hard to beat my Subtle Calamity's Dragonfly & Explosive Head perks, so it's not going to replace it for PvE yet, but I still am enjoying the new toy.

Do any of you find LM really useful in PvE?

Status
Not open for further replies.