• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
There a bunch of reddit posts about it saying its the only retroactive part of the quest, so I think I'm good. I heard it's the other way for NF.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

It IS retroactive for Not Forgotten, because I got to Legend, then dropped out for a bit before I completed all the Luna kills.

So I was saying, if Not Forgotten is retroactive, surely Luna's Howl is as well.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Remember, posts like this are what got us D2 Vanilla. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm missing two exotics on my Warlock as well, but I'll get them eventually. This is way better than what it used to be.

I actually think the pace of loot was one of the things vanilla D2 did right.

The problem was that while they fixed the grind, they didn't fix the real problem that made the D1 grind necessary. A lack of content.

In D1, they tried to compensate for a lack of content by making the grind ridiculous. In D2, they fixed the grind, but didn't add any new content, so people just finished everything quickly.

People jumping into D2 now have the base game +4 expansions worth of content to explore, with end-game content that's worth experiencing at least a few times (not to mention exotics worth hunting down).

If Vanilla D2 launched with the content D2 does now, and the original D2 grind, there would have been very little complaint.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
57 clears.

No 1k.

Guy getting account recovered who has NEVER raided before in his life for FREE by a friend.

Gets 1k on first chest open.

giphy.gif

shermas

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about 1k. There's a reason for me to play before next season.

Aside from that, I think I'm pretty much done until the next season. Those forge quests kind of wiped me out.

I haven't even tried SotP yet...just can't get motivated to watch a video and find a group

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah forge wiped me out too. I think i was gonna burn out anyway. got to 650 on two chars on xbox then pc in a very short amount of time.

Dec 2, 2017

Aside from that, I think I'm pretty much done until the next season. Those forge quests kind of wiped me out.

I haven't even tried SotP yet...just can't get motivated to watch a video and find a group
It's easy, I'm not even sure it's longer than Shattered Throne. There are only two parts that require any thinking.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
57 clears.

No 1k.

Guy getting account recovered who has NEVER raided before in his life for FREE by a friend.

Gets 1k on first chest open.

giphy.gif
fucking hell.

im only at 22, with 3 more chances for disappointment this week, but ive seen so many first timers get them. but yeah, shit is disheartening for sure...

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Can we just ban shark97 from any destiny thread? He is like the infowars of Destiny with all the hatred for handcannons and spewing misinformation regarding alot of things.

God, bungie laying off 770? What kind of nonsense is this when bungie doesn't have that many employees and bungie is never part of activison. For all you know it could be vicarious visions and high moon studios because they took part in destiny 2 and they are Activision studios.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
i meant acti. some were insinuating some layoffs were destiny support.
Those are Destiny's PR team within activision, with the Bungie split they literally have nothing to do. There are also some layoffs at High Moon and VV because their work on Destiny are most likely done. Do you even read the news before posting?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Almost done with the Crimson Days quests... just need to do the bounties and the NF.

I'm also only 350 valor from my Broadsword.

Gonna get that done this weekend.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Will you be on late on Sat night around 11pm est 8pm pst?

We can carry you through it real quick.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Finally got a Stryker's Surehand (sword) to drop from Bergusia with Surrounded perk. Now I just need a surrounded mod and I am all set. The same run got me a Le Monarque bow which seems pretty fun. One of the other guys got Jotunn but I guess it will be my turn at some point, right? =P

Then a RL friend of mine and I did the NF together (Pyramidion) as a group of two and, since he was only 525LL it turned out to be tougher than I thought it would be. We wiped a couple of times on the boss but got him on the 3rd or 4th attempt. The chest dropped the strike specific curated sniper for me (Silicon Neuroma) which is very surprising considering we were going on 30 minutes and had a very low score by that point. Seems like a pretty good kinetic sniper for PVP.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Got Le Monarque from the lone forge run I did this afternoon and lovvvvvve the DoT for Crucible and these CD matches in particular. Hard to beat my Subtle Calamity's Dragonfly & Explosive Head perks, so it's not going to replace it for PvE yet, but I still am enjoying the new toy.

Do any of you find LM really useful in PvE?
Not the best litmus test but I am almost always using it in PvE. If I'm not it's because I'm using Thunderlord for boss melting, but even that I can usually get away with my Hammerhead as a replacement. LM is suuuuuuper good for Shattered Throne, for instance.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Not the best litmus test but I am almost always using it in PvE. If I'm not it's because I'm using Thunderlord for boss melting, but even that I can usually get away with my Hammerhead as a replacement. LM is suuuuuuper good for Shattered Throne, for instance.

Le Monarque melts if you're hitting consecutive crits

Thanks for these responses. I'll put more time into it then. I've become so used to my main bow's crit -> ads explosion -> orbs loop, that not having that kind of feedback from a bow is a little jarring. But DoT is so useful in lots of situations that I probably just need to get better with LM.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Thanks for these responses. I'll put more time into it then. I've become so used to my main bow's crit -> ads explosion -> orbs loop, that not having that kind of feedback from a bow is a little jarring. But DoT is so useful in lots of situations that I probably just need to get better with LM.
TBH, the only thing you'll really be missing is the orb generation (I miss it on my SC, as well). But having the void poison explosion on EVERY critical hit, regardless of it being a kill or not, kind of makes up for it, for me. It's a constantly source of explosive void damage and draws well compared to, say, Trinity Ghoul.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
You guys are making me excited to play with LM some more. I had very limited time with it last night (just a bit in the Blind Well) before jumping in to the Nightfall but it sounds like I should get to know it. Trinity Ghoul feels a little ponderous to use so maybe LM will be the sweet spot.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
e are Destiny's PR team within activision, with the Bungie split they literally have nothing to do. There are also some layoffs at High Moon and VV because their work on Destiny are most likely done. Do you even read the news before posting?

PR cant possibly be support! Also, words!

Nice of you to write a post criticizing my post while confirming EXACTLY WHAT MY POST SAID. Facepalm.

Me "sky is blue"

You: "you idiot, do you even look at the sky?! It's blue!"

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
You guys are making me excited to play with LM some more. I had very limited time with it last night (just a bit in the Blind Well) before jumping in to the Nightfall but it sounds like I should get to know it. Trinity Ghoul feels a little ponderous to use so maybe LM will be the sweet spot.
I got TG after LM and was happy to finally get it, but it's so incredibly underwhelming because of the slow draw speed and the perk being crappy to activate. Even my wife playing on my account a few weeks ago agreed that LM is way, way better and just more fun to use.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Fuuu I spent all my candy hearts on gift boxes before I realized there's things to buy from shaxx with them for Triumphs...

Why do I give a crap about triumphs again?

Triumphs/grimoire kinda ruin destiny for me. I cant help but chase them but they make me feel bad, like I'm chasing something so worthless...which wouldn't be a problem if I just ignored them, but I cant...

At least grimoire was somewhat limited, and IMO was a much better implementation of the concept. I maxed my grimoire, but I'm pretty certain I will never be able to max Triumph score. There's such a ridiculous amount of Triumphs that make you do stupid stuff to earn them. "Kill this nightfall boss 14 times on wednesday while only using a sidearm on your tiptoes". Talk about not respecting my time...i think it's approaching hiatus time.

Who's getting Metro Exodus in a few hours??

Last edited:

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I deleted D2 from my pc, to make some room for Metro, it felt bad, but im done with the game till next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.