• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Female Titan armour D2 >>>>D1 female Titan armour.

CHbwaEPUEAAdvbd.jpg

lol

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I mentioned things like the sounds of characters jumping and character stances in menus. Titans having huge shoulders on every set. Warlock bonds are a huge step down from what they were. The overall themes for armor in D2 seem less mythical and more generic. If you look at something like the scatter grenade for the void lock, it looked way better in D1. Idk what they were even going for. Certain exotics that were in D1, like knucklehead, saint 14, skullfort, or alpha lupi all look worse in this game. Character faces look like trash.

I personally don't like the changes made to certain enemy types either - both visually or mechanically. I think the Cabal just got more annoying to fight overall.

Nothing in a sequel should be worse than the original and IMO D2 has a lot of things. I'm ready for this installment to be over and for D3 to provide a fresh start. Who knows, maybe that game will be trash too, idk.

Remember that they couldn't wait to ditch D1 and start fresh with D2 because of the bad reputation it originally had and mediocre reviews. Look at the reputation this game has. Bungie can't wait to start anew again with D3.

I took such a large break between D1 and D2 that none of that stuff bothers me because I honestly don't remember things like character jumping sounds or menu poses. In fact, going from console Destiny 1 to PC Destiny 2 felt like a huge jump in quality just due to the more capable hardware. It still shocks me everytime I see a Youtube video of someone opening their inventory screen on the console and there's a little bit of load time before the character model and gear pops into place so overall being a PC Destiny player has been a much nicer experience than being a console Destiny player in my opinion.

But I understand that everyone has preferences and different tastes and what bothers me may not even get noticed by someone else.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I took such a large break between D1 and D2 that none of that stuff bothers me because I honestly don't remember things like character jumping sounds or menu poses. In fact, going from console Destiny 1 to PC Destiny 2 felt like a huge jump in quality just due to the more capable hardware. It still shocks me everytime I see a Youtube video of someone opening their inventory screen on the console and there's a little bit of load time before the character model and gear pops into place so overall being a PC Destiny player has been a much nicer experience than being a console Destiny player in my opinion.

But I understand that everyone has preferences and different tastes and what bothers me may not even get noticed by someone else.

I'm sure 60+ frames and 105 FOV makes the game feel pretty great, but comparing D1/D2 console to D2 PC is apples to oranges and not really fair.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Titan skating on PC is pure cancer especially in comp. It's ridiculous when a enemy titan reach the chokepoint/position/objective faster than anybody else or fly across maps doing drive by shotgunning. i'm glad PC players can now sigh a relief that early march update will nerf titan skating and OEM especially OEM.

Dec 6, 2017
Bringing all of D1 back to D2 would do absolute wonders for this game.
It really wouldn't though. Most of the population playing grinded that content for 3 years. Now, if they used the environments but redid all AI and made new missions, etc. then absolutely. But simply porting d1 back into d2 the way it was wouldn't accomplish much except for the super small percentage of people that didn't play d1.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm sure 60+ frames and 105 FOV makes the game feel pretty great, but comparing D1/D2 console to D2 PC is apples to oranges and not really fair.
I'm not sure how it isn't. You were pointing out the things that you saw as downgrades whereas I don't remember most of those things and feel like I got a giant upgrade just because of the platform change. I'm not belittling your opinion but I am pointing out that perspective matters a lot and to me much of what you are mentioning seems nitpicky in the face of all the good changes, especially as a PC player.

But I will agree that I hope D3 is an improvement over D2 and fixes a lot of these little gripes.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how it isn't. You were pointing out the things that you saw as downgrades whereas I don't remember most of those things and feel like I got a giant upgrade just because of the platform change. I'm not belittling your opinion but I am pointing out that perspective matters a lot and to me much of what you are mentioning seems nitpicky in the face of all the good changes, especially as a PC player.

But I will agree that I hope D3 is an improvement over D2 and fixes a lot of these little gripes.

My complaints weren't about frames or FOV. I was asked a question about D1 to D2 and I answered it. All of my opinions are based on the console versions of each.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the armour you've collected since or up to Warmind will be in your collections. It's the tab in your menu next to triumphs.

But double check to make sure.

Forssaken is fantastic and today starts the full curse week.

That would be awesome, will check when I play tonight.

I'm assuming that any loot from Frosaken will not be available in collections and would need to stay in my vault if I hope top upgrade it down the line?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
That would be awesome, will check when I play tonight.

I'm assuming that any loot from Frosaken will not be available in collections and would need to stay in my vault if I hope top upgrade it down the line?
Pretty much. If it's a weapon form Forsaken on (the icon in the corner can tell you) and it's a roll you like, hold onto it for upgrading via infusion.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those Anthem reviews.

Fucking yikes. EA stop putting developers on games they're not comfortable with.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Even the Dreaming City is lacking content. Destiny is in deep trouble

How? All I'm seeing is the completely inevitable "now that Anthem is actually out, we realize it's riddled with flaws and not actually perfect" phase. Which basically all games go through...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GReeC7SuFe8

The Division 2 IMO isn't even a threat, because The Division series gameplay just isn't good and fundamentally never can be. That's just my opinion. Dont @ me.

But I guess yeah, a lot of heavy hitters are sucking people out of Destiny currently. Apex Legends, Anthem, soon Division 2, even big recent single player games like Metro Exodus and Crackdown 3.

I think Anthem not turning out great means D2 will maintain the core looter shooter audience, but sure, each competitor saps some players for a time at least.

And I guess, the bigger concern is how well Bungie is financially equipped to churn out the content post Activision. That seems unknown. Not sure how well the idea of constant smaller updates (like forges) vs fewer actual full expansions is going for D2 either. It feels a bit like a content drought.

Destiny needs the next major expansion to rebound, people like taking turns with games, Destiny's turn will come back around. Fall?

This post didn't really congeal into a point., I just like discussing video game business a lot!

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
the issue with the annual pass is that its too end game focused for the casual gamer to just jump back in

with stuff like curse of osiris and warmind, its a signal to return from your break away from destiny and enjoy some new singleplayer content and see if you can be lured into a new end game

season pass so far is just annoying, complete grind from jumpstreet--they'll have to change their approach sooner rather than later

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the issue with the annual pass is that its too end game focused for the casual gamer to just jump back in

with stuff like curse of osiris and warmind, its a signal to return from your break away from destiny and enjoy some new singleplayer content and see if you can be lured into a new end game

season pass so far is just annoying, complete grind from jumpstreet--they'll have to change their approach sooner rather than later
Drops like warmind and curse would only keep the casuals busy for a week at best.

BA was a good lesson for everyone, Bungie included. Keen to see how Joker'sWild turns out but I've always thought you have a better chance of turning a casual into a hardcore player than the other way round

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You would think after 80 clears of both Last Wish and SotP I'd have at least either Anarchy or 1k.

Nope.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Two questions.

The first: are there any secret triumphs for Iron Banner like Crimson Days had?

The second: does anyone who has no clan or doesn't care about their own feel like joining my clan for two weeks and helping out with the weekly Clan bounties, hopefully on all three characters?

It's going to be tight but I'm hoping to hit rank 6. This was such a slow season.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=1025432

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Crimson Days is the only thing to have "secret" triumphs so far, but I wouldnt be surprised if they started doing them now

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good breakdown of all the obfuscated quests and shit in Black Armoury? I know somethings are time gated, like needing to the Shattered Throne so I'd like to know if there is anything I should do this week.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's specifically designed to be content played after Forsaken. If the casual player needs to jump back in, they have Forsaken to start with (or finish), and then the season pass afterwards. Forsaken is some of the best content in the series' history and it should be savored. No reason for a player to try to rush it to catch up to where the current endgame is.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Deadass the higher you are in comp the more stupid your teammates are. The plays I see from these people, smfh

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I'm super excited to jump back in on the 5th. People being sucked out of Destiny is inevitable - even Bungie has said that getting sucked into whatever other game is going to happen. The key thing is ensuring your players had a great time so that when you do have new things, they will want to check in & come back.

On the hardcore side, I think most players have wrapped up chasing as much stuff as they can, and there are some obvious questions as to where this is all going this year. Will Bungie adhere to their release schedule and drop something in Sept/Oct?

I wish they had a pinnacle weekend PvP mode that got me grinding like Trials used to, but im sure they do too.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I am trying my attempt currently for the LUNA in competitive but do I only have till the end of season 5 to finish the quest or will it carry over with season 6?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The only step that doesnt carry over is your glory, that gets reset. All other steps will be the same. Work on the luna now until you reach the last step (fabled) then when season 6 starts you are off to the races

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Just for curiosity sake anpit that crucible orb-eye boss that opens up a special quest to get a weapon. Did they increase the chances on it showing up? I just logged into Destiny for the first time since like last december and found it on my second encounter.

I know I'm miles behind everyone and even worse since I don't have the Annual Pass but I got pumped up at this lol.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It has an increased chance during full curse week, but consider yourself lucky since even that doesnt seem to help spawn rate much

Status
Not open for further replies.