• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
My last 3 prime engrams were the legend that is Edge Transit. Wasn't even mad as games should make us laugh and be hysterical.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
TLW better not involve competitive, I was in there this weekend getting harrassed by some girl that told me "you suck never play competitive again" and just kept shitting on me in messages for about an hour. Competitive game modes in any games tend to have some of the shittiest people.

Not my fat Bungie places step quests in there.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun leveling up the second char that got left behind. Took 2 hours to get gear from low 520s to now low 550s because of weapons from another character.

Going to be fun when I get 2 chars to 600 and work on my useless titan at some point down the road.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I have been playing the game...hours upon hours upon hours and I'm at 525. Do people at almost 600 play 24/7 and not have jobs and responsibilities?

I've been playing pretty regularly since forsaken launched haven't touched the raid yet bar grabbing the lower light level chests and I'm at 570 on two characters ... Petra's weekly and ascendent challenge are huge LL gains

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have been playing the game...hours upon hours upon hours and I'm at 525. Do people at almost 600 play 24/7 and not have jobs and responsibilities?
I tell everyone who keeps saying this, you're doing something wrong if you've played this much and are stuck at 525. I had a clan mate yesterday at 523 get up to 538 in one day just by knocking out all of their powerful engrams. The map even tells you what you have left to do for the week.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm close to 570. Good enough for most end game activities so I'll just keep doing DC powerful gear stuff until Shattered returns. I'll jump into the raid when I manage to join a group with people I know. I don't wanna play with random people.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Waiting for the eventual update to the infusion system. Still getting all my masterworks just sick of my Hunter looking a dishevelled mess, even for a Hunter.

EDIT: Powerful ENgrams, not masterworks.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Each number represents a soft cap that means you will only get +1 to your overall average of light if you do it under said soft cap.

If you are 552 and do a nightfall you only get +1 to your average light level. That doesn't mean you will always get a boost if you fail to get the lowest piece of gear you need.

It's really not hard to understand. And honestly it's easier than it was last season, when the best way was to run raids a bunch of times. This way you can get to 580ish without ever touching raids. Even then you don't really have to with prime engrams.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
I tell everyone who keeps saying this, you're doing something wrong if you've played this much and are stuck at 525. I had a clan mate yesterday at 523 get up to 538 in one day just by knocking out all of their powerful engrams. The map even tells you what you have left to do for the week.
I have been getting the powerful engrams. I think 529 is my highest. Everything from last week was cleared. Maybe with the reset today I'll have better luck.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Whats difficult about it

They said the reward thresholds go up as you move on to the tougher activities

Powerful engrams can still give gains past soft cap but the basic thing is that you need to be in Dreaming City, Raiding, or Nightfalls to get the big boosts.

Or just play casually and go up with Clan Engrams and Prime Engrams over time.

Ive had no issue with this system combining casual play with endgame pursuits. Basically if you want to hit 600 you have to be pushing through the toughest content

not really. i'm on hiatus now, but i never unlocked dreaming city or had touched the raid. i was still gaining about ten power level per week (stopped at 545)

so i guess you would eventually hit 600, before the next expansion, with no raid. just soft capped and the occasional non soft capped activity, and mainly prime engrams to give you those spikes. Provided you put in at least oh, 10+ hours per week. That's before they added new powerful drops to future Iron Banners.

my impression was the system is pretty inexorable now, you cant really screw it up. i thought it would be very difficult to level with mostly +1 engrams, but somehow it isn't. I am pretty sure there's a smart loot system going on too. If your cloak lags by like 8, your next +1 will tend to be a cloak, so +9 in that slot. In this way the game ensures even +1 loot move you forward. Of course it is very possible to get gear the same as the slot (lots of people whine about it in these threads), but it doesn't feel 100% rng to me.

it is more time consuming and slow than past systems. i love it. if destiny is about the grind the ultimate goal is your characters power level, so it shouldn't be something you can just blow through.

anyways a lot of people hit 600 fast, so if you did dreaming city and raid the level is still pretty darn fast.

Oct 27, 2017
not really. i'm on hiatus now, but i never unlocked dreaming city or had touched the raid. i was still gaining about ten power level per week (stopped at 545)

so i guess you would eventually hit 600, before the next expansion, with no raid. just soft capped and the occasional non soft capped activity, and mainly prime engrams to give you those spikes. Provided you put in at least oh, 10+ hours per week. That's before they added new loot to future Iron Banners.

my impression was the system is pretty inexorable now, you cant really screw it up. i thought it would be very difficult to level with mostly +1 engrams, but somehow it isn't. I am pretty sure there's a smart loot system going on too. If your cloak lags by like 8, your next +1 will tend to be a cloak, so +9 in that slot. In this way the game ensures even +1 loot move you forward. Of course it is very possible to get gear the same as the slot (lots of people whine about it in these threads), but it doesn't feel 100% rng to me.
They will make it easier to level up in few weeks. They always do. After most if the hardcore have hit level cap they drop the other shoe.

OnChill

Dec 7, 2017
Guys, the reset for this week is in like 1,5 hours but im still stuck with my fireteam at the Last Wish Raid boss. What happens if we dont complete the raid before the reset? And what happens if we complete the raid after reset?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, the reset for this week is in like 1,5 hours but im still stuck with my fireteam at the Last Wish Raid boss. What happens if we dont complete the raid before the reset? And what happens if we complete the raid after reset?

It jist resets everything.

Checkpoints and rewards

Shouldnt affect you at all regardless since they implemented the wish wall. Just go back to where you left off by using the wall

demi

Oct 27, 2017

It's a fresh start come reset. New raid, new checkpoints, new rewards. It's like your last raid never happened. Groundhog Day.

With your experience from your last raid, you should have a cleaner run this time to the final boss again.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
They will make it easier to level up in few weeks. They always do. After most if the hardcore have hit level cap they drop the other shoe.

The one constant seems to be Bungie revamps the levelling system. Pretty much every expansion IIRC. I cant even keep track of how many different systems we've had by now.

So who knows what it will be but it's nearly a certainly it will be different, for say, Black Armory. Or at least this will be the new base for a while, and they'll tweak it.

Oct 27, 2017
I have some questions regarding the 3rd encounter of the raid (I'll be vague to avoid any sensitive spoiler types), concerning the Eye holders that spawn in...should you kill them immediately which will start the Eye timer countdown? When the Eye holders are killed should you pick up the Eye immediately and use it on adds even if no one on your side is "trapped"? The problem I was running into with this group/session was that after killing Eye holders, just watching the Eye's extinguish themselves or picking one up early and needing to extinguish it myself so it wouldn't kill me thus causing me to be locked out from picking another one up for seemingly like 2 minutes. Obviously I could definitely be missing something major with these mechanics as the entire group wasn't all that familiar with the encounter or maybe it was just bad luck/RNG(?) in no one getting trapped most of the runs on my side even though they were both x2.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
hope the missions this week are good and really push some story forward. I know they said they are starting a long long story soon, so I hope its like....now lol

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

The game ends and uninstalls itself.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend me a YouTube channel that goes through all the exotics? I want to know the requirements for them and what to look for. I think I found one but it's way too long and has too much weird nonsense that you'd expect on YouTube.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend me a YouTube channel that goes through all the exotics? I want to know the requirements for them and what to look for. I think I found one but it's way too long and has too much weird nonsense that you'd expect on YouTube.

Aztecrossing has done a review for every exotic in the game so far. Check him out. Each video is short and straight to the point.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What is the not all powerful engrams are created the same? Which ones should i do then? Weekly?

Look at the chart. Find your PL. Do the activities listed in that section to gain powerful engrams that will give the most boost.

Also do ALL the weekly stuff to get gear that will raise your PL by +1 at least, even if it's just your lowest piece. Every little helps.

The chart just shows where to get the most bang for you buck.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, we all live off the fat of the land grinding to avenge Cayde. That's the secret, sorry

Speaking of avenging Cayde given we have done that (if it was you or Petra that actually did the deed is another matter) whats next for the Vangaurd because as Ikora says the Hunters have no leader and Zavala has retreated in a shell. I wonder if they get another hunter or does Cayde come back in some way?

if the latter happens i will go with
a time displaced early Cayde since he loves to fuck with tech he doesn't understand.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm not explaining my complaint properly-I want them to do away with the Soft Cap. Make all of the activities on that chart give you a "Powerful Engram".
That "Powerful Engram"-no matter where it came from-give you an item that is above your current light level.

Have it so that the activities guarantee a Powerful Engram-but Prime Engrams can also randomly drop anywhere-but they both give you an item above your current light level.

What's the downside in this??

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm not explaining my complaint properly-I want them to do away with the Soft Cap. Make all of the activities on that chart give you a "Powerful Engram".
That "Powerful Engram"-no matter where it came from-give you an item that is above your current light level.

Have it so that the activities guarantee a Powerful Engram-but Prime Engrams can also randomly drop anywhere-but they both give you an item above your current light level.

Everything that gives you a Powerful Reward DOES drop above your current overall PL. However, it may not drop higher than whatever you currently have in that particular armor/weapon slot. Your PL is an average of your 3 Weapon Slots and 5 Armor/Class Item Slots combined.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

IMO there's no downside, but for the super hardcore it means they end up at cap way too fast and start complaining that stuff is too easy.

Bungie overcorrected a bit too much this time. I agree, a powerful engram should drop an upgrade in slot. You should never open a powerful engram and get an item that's LOWER than your highest power item in that slot.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Everything that gives you a Powerful Reward DOES drop above your current overall PL. However, it may not drop higher than whatever you currently have in that particular armor/weapon slot. Your PL is an average of your 3 Weapon Slots and 5 Armor/Class Item Slots combined.

Yeah I'm getting Powerful Engrams to drop at equal or below the light level for those slots. It's a total waste of time.

Oct 30, 2017

You know how many hours of futile grinding that would spare you? Don't be so reasonable.

Ultimately, this is what the fan base wants. The game that launched did a lot to even the playing field so that getting most of the items and hitting the level cap was not that difficult. It also minimized the RNG involved in what you did get. This didn't last because people want to toil away for unknown hours trying to get "god rolls" of weapons they can then show off and use against others. They want it to be difficult to hit the final level cap so they can feel good about getting there.

If you can't give the players a carrot on a stick to chase endlessly, they'll just get bored and stop playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.