• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Is there some secret to these garbage forges? I tried them out the last couple days but I failed every attempt with randoms - and everyone was well above 625. Like...what the is this absurd spam of enemies and the ridiculous short time for completion?

Basic idea: Kill blue enemies -> pick up dropped batteries -> throw at forge to charge it completely before time runs out.

There will always be two types of blue enemies, one weaker and one stronger. The stronger ones drop 3 batteries but have a longer TTK, and the weaker enemies drop 1. It's just easier to blast a weaker guy and toss the battery.

Each forge map will have its own annoying quirks. You will die a ton. But if all of you just focus on the basic loop of kill blue guy -> throw battery, you ought to be fine. And yeah, it's not the most original (or fun) thing Bungie has come up with. The lore is interesting and some of the weapons-- exotics especially-- are great, but the activity itself is meh imo.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm curious how much range is going to be dialed back on shotguns in PVP. I think it's a good and needed change although Ikelos isn't going to feel nearly as meaty as it did before with a slower rate of fire.

Gambit changes sound good but I was actually hoping for more changes to the Primeval's since they can be melted so easily. This also explains why Queenbreaker never seems to miss. Aim Assist on that thing is crazy high.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Is there some secret to these garbage forges? I tried them out the last couple days but I failed every attempt with randoms - and everyone was well above 625. Like...what the is this absurd spam of enemies and the ridiculous short time for completion?
Blue enemies cause the timer to go up. Focus on the blue enemies even over throwing batteries and you will never run out of time. I personally really enjoy Volundr and the Riskrunner exotic makes Gofannon and Bergusia much more manageable. Just kill as many blue enemies as you can and toss a battery every once in a while and you will be fine.

Oh and the grind is worth it. Some of the best weapons in the game are Black Armory guns. Blast Furnace (pulse) is excellent, Hammerhead (machine gun) is one of the very few machine guns you can attain right now and Kindled Orchid (hand cannon) feels and sounds awesome to use. The grind is all about getting weapons with the perks you want and there are even some exclusive experimental prototypes, exotics and curated weapon rolls. I'm more lenient than others when it comes to grindy activities but I have enjoyed the experience thus far.

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
Basic idea: Kill blue enemies -> pick up dropped batteries -> throw at forge to charge it completely before time runs out.

Thanks for that, but in that case we actually didn't do much wrong except perhaps dying to often. I am well above 20 tries and quite frankly in that case this appears to be another activity that isn't doable without a clan. Really disappointed in this, no fun whatsoever.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Gambit changes sound delightful!

Wait what is this
The secret Gambit triumph is depositing 100 motes without dieing. With a sudden death final round u basically lose a round to farm motes.

Just double tap quickly and you'll go up a decent amount. Warlock jump as the best combination of in air control and distance.
The problem isn't going up. It's going back up after falling down, which is impossible with the Warlock jump.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Thanks for that, but in that case we actually didn't do much wrong except perhaps dying to often. I am well above 20 tries and quite frankly in that case this appears to be another activity that isn't doable without a clan. Really disappointed in this, no fun whatsoever.

FWIW I play Destiny solo 99% of the time and solo queue into almost all matchmaking activities like Gambit, Crucible, Forges, etc.. and I've had very little trouble completing the activities, though I will get matched with people way underleveled at least once a day for forge stuff, and those time we almost never finish. I didn't touch any black armory activities until I was already at 650 Light however, so if you're still in the lower 600s maybe go do some other activities that reward Powerful engrams to push up your LL more?

Also if it's just not clicking for you, jump onto the ERA D2 Discord and look for some people on your platform to get in a few runs with. It's helped me with things that I absolutely can't do solo like Nightfalls, etc..

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Gambit changes are all welcome and needed. They actually did wormhusk the One eyed mask, didn't think they would do it. But 15 seconds to 8 isn't terrible. Still a long time with wallhacks.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017

You will die tons in the forges but honestly they are super easy. I have never had a problem completing one with randoms since it has matchmaking.

IMO the best way to complete the forges is just to run around with the Ikelos Shotty or Telesto and kill any blue enemy you see. Killing them just adds to your timer. Keep killing things until there are a ton of batteries on ground and once the timer gets to 1:30 plus, just go ham throwing the batteries at the forges.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
"We also took the opportunity to slightly adjust Shotguns for the Crucible. While Shotguns will remain effective in the Crucible, we have toned down the range at which Shotguns could secure a one-shot kill."

Thank you Bungie! Goodbye dust rock apes!

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
"We also took the opportunity to slightly adjust Shotguns for the Crucible. While Shotguns will remain effective in the Crucible, we have toned down the range at which Shotguns could secure a one-shot kill."

Thank you Bungie! Goodbye dust rock apes!

NEVER!

image0.png

Dec 2, 2017
You see my post above, where I've listed my 150 forge runs? Almost 100% of those were solo. It's pretty easy once you know what to do - I am no PvE god, believe me. What loadout are you using?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When does Shaxx get a DLC. Some random talking dishwasher gets a grindy ass content drop but what about Shaxx.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
mountaintop is dookie in pvp but actually pretty nutty in pve.
have to agree so far. admittedly, I'm only 129 PvP kills in, but it's really tough to get comfortable with. when I ADS my mind wants hitscan but the weapon is not a hitscan weapon. This causes me to sometimes forget to lead moving targets a little. Further, I think difficulty is increased because you don't get to see the velocity unless you're hip-firing because ADSing blocks vision of it moving. This makes it hard to get really comfortable with how far you have to lead targets down range. I've gotten quite a few long-range kills, but not enough to make me say, "yea I get it". Might need to spend a lot of time in PvE against moving enemies to find that down-range accuracy. Not sure it's worth the effort, though OHK's make me feel like maybe it is. IDK. It sitting in the Last Word spot makes me anxious.

I do recommend using Sticky grenades, though. I get at least 3 kills/match with people just walking into stickies on the ground behind them.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
the changes sound nice, maybe non shotguns cqc will be usable in crucible.

then i unfortunately remember magnificent howl is the real reason cqc burst weapons aren't viable :(

but this will help, maybe 50% of the equation....i like the changes to gambit too. also this is the firs time i remember triple infamy anything lasting a whole week rather than a weekend.

also they made the light on light now be any guardian kill. so you can just invade, pop your super and kill and it counts. too easy. i thought they said they wanted these to be difficult? dredgen will be stupid easy to get now.

although overall i like that change too. now it'll just be a long grind, light on light was kinda rng. although if you play enough you would get it too.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the shotty nerfs, especially for PVE (no one asked for this). Also not a fan of them slowing down the crucible - we're going through the same cycle we had in D1. Just leave shotties alone and buff other specials.

Nov 14, 2017
Isn't it basically still the same thing with well? LFG posts are always asking for well+Luna's.
Yea, but with the new revive system in raids it's not nearly as bad. Everyone gets to die once during a fight, which means runs are super chill. You usually only need one well (except for SotP phase 2) which means if someone else is happy doing the duty you can get away with doing whatever.
I mean, if you're at 20 tries without a completion then I'm not sure what to say without being a massive dick. I will point out that I was solo queueing into forges on the first week at a similar power level and getting clears just fine though.
Not a fan of the shotty nerfs, especially for PVE (no one asked for this). Also not a fan of them slowing down the crucible - we're going through the same cycle we had in D1. Just leave shotties alone and buff other specials.
I want to see the numbers to see what's actually going on. They actually doubled the damage for shotguns in PVE, so you have a base damage nerf, a ROF nerf (for high ROF), but an overall doubling. Assuming the base damage nerf isn't too crazy, it should hopefully leave the high ROF in a similar position but bring everything else up closer. If they nerf ammo reserves for high ROF while leaving overall DPS the same, that would be a problem though.
lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/at9ul5/this_week_at_bungie_2212019/

With the changes to Gambit, Golbins are now in play and apparently they'll be able to make each other shielded and invincible as blockers.
I love the fact that when I saw that TWAB I instantly thought of that, then saw a comment pointing it out, and that Bungie just hadn't realised. While they are right that goblins doing the infinite shield is rare, it isn't impossible and happens often enough that it can be a pain. I think Gambit strategy should be to deposit two small blockers straight away and invade to see if you get the double shield so you can deny lots of motes.
The problem isn't going up. It's going back up after falling down, which is impossible with the Warlock jump.
Isn't that also true of the Titan jump? 🤔

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I've only done solo que and I've not struggled all that much with the forges. What is your loadout? The ability to kill quickly is important so a good shotgun is pretty critical. When doing Volundr I just used the vendor shotgun from Shaxx (Wishbringer) which is Full Auto and has Slideshot so that every time you slide it increases the range and puts 2 rounds back in the magazine. I did wait until I was 650 before doing them so that also will make a difference. I also use a sub-class that grants me health on melee kill (Titan / Arc subclass Code of the Juggernaut) which helps with survivability.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Did I miss something. What's slowing down about the Crucible?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think that's a dumb mentality that ruined D1 crucible. At least apes move around the map and keep the action up. Bungie could have easily buffed other specials.

NAh, shotgun apes don't always move, people hiding behind corners.

MMovement around the map is not germain to shotguns, TLW forces movement far far more.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NAh, shotgun apes don't always move, people hiding behind corners.

MMovement around the map is not germain to shotguns, TLW forces movement far far more.

As someone that loves TLW, I think they need to address the console recoil. And good players moved around a lot. It can feel extremely overwhelming to fight a good shotgunner and extremely easy to fight a bad one.

Movement is the number one indicator of a good player. On my first CD match of the week, I fought ZkMushroom and Pure and Zk's movement was obviously above and beyond the typical bots I fight in the crucible.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
They're doing a really poor job at advertising the new upcoming season. What, 12 days to go til release and all we know is it's about Gambit?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just bought Forsaken + season pass. Didn't play D2 at launch and last played TTK. Where do I even begin?
The best value for money is to begin normally in terms of the campaign. Red War then Osiris then Warmind then Forsaken and Black Armory. It starts weak and gets stronger as it goes. Do some strikes and Crucible to shake things up and once your LL gets high enough (550+) jump into Gambit for even more content.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They're doing a really poor job at advertising the new upcoming season. What, 12 days to go til release and all we know is it's about Gambit?

That's usually how they do it every time. It is a new season which is part of an annual pass, not a dlc or an expansion. You'll get a detailed roadmap next week, the larger roadmap was already detailed at the start of last season.

Also, 12 days to next season doesn't mean 12 days to Joker's Wild. There is usually the transition week between seasons when the new changes are applied.

Dec 6, 2017
It's mostly about gambit tho... I get the feeling that this season is going to be light on content and they're putting all their effort into Penumbra (yes I know VV is working on that) and hopefully a fall expansion. The fact that they've been so quiet means they're working on something. Whether it's a fall expansion or the next iteration of Destiny is the question.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Man this game is sure good at the kind of spectacle that gets to me. Cresting the snowy mountain to see the Traveler in the background with the city all smoking, the music swelling. Then an hour later I get my Light back, hit my super (having no idea what it does) and suddenly I'm hovering in the air throwing giant flaming swords. This is my kinda shit here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man this game is sure good at the kind of spectacle that gets to me. Cresting the snowy mountain to see the Traveler in the background with the city all smoking, the music swelling. Then an hour later I get my Light back, hit my super (having no idea what it does) and suddenly I'm hovering in the air throwing giant flaming swords. This is my kinda shit here.
It certainly was very summer blockbustery...

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am missing 3 weapons from collections (2 from nightfalls and 1 that is unobtainable). I wish that Frontier Justice would disappear as a missing weapon because it's impossible to get from the gunsmith now.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I completely agree. I eat that stuff up and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Hundreds of hours later and I'm still digging it.

Dec 2, 2017
Lucky you I have everything but the 3 exotics I want for hunter. Gwins, Coyote, shards :/
Fortunately for you we're in the Lucky Pants meta!

Welcome, guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.