• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Just got D2+forsaken+annual pass. I plated Destiny 1 over 150 hours last August/September. Don't know a thing about 2.

What's the closest thing to Siva strikes since I see those are gone?

Do vanguard strikes or maybe it was strikes in general still do a points system?

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Just got D2+forsaken+annual pass. I plated Destiny 1 over 150 hours last August/September. Don't know a thing about 2.

What's the closest thing to Siva strikes since I see those are gone?

Do vanguard strikes or maybe it was strikes in general still do a points system?
General tip: Get to max level. Then worry about getting all powerful engrams done. They are guaranteed LL increase dependent on you current LL. So worrying about strikes and the like will use up your powerful engrams before you really need them. There is the Vanguard playlist (which I think is what your looking for) and there is a daily and a weekly quest that gives said powerful engrams. Nightfall can also be found there.
Edit: Vanilla story> Mercury> Mars> Forsaken in that order should get you to max without a hitch if you do some side missions.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Shotgun nerf made no difference. I mean if people get close up and they will because it's always been that way, then it's still a OHKO weapon no matter what.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I played the first level of Anthem and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

In other news I now have the DC Ship and Sparrow. That Ghost is never going to drop.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the Anthem trial has inspired me to give Forsaken a try. Longtime D1 player, but haven't played D2 since the PC launch period.

Is the $48.99 bundle for Forsaken + Annual Pass what I want to buy? Is there a better deal somewhere? Seems kinda steep at this point in the game's life.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Playing the Anthem trial has inspired me to give Forsaken a try. Longtime D1 player, but haven't played D2 since the PC launch period.

Is the $48.99 bundle for Forsaken + Annual Pass what I want to buy? Is there a better deal somewhere? Seems kinda steep at this point in the game's life.
I think for now Forsaken is good deal it should include the other 2 DLCs from year 1.

But the annual pass has some of the game's best weapons. so its a good deal either way.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
the content so far has been an extension of the grind for weapon and armour chasing.

So far its only been one of three drops in Black Armoury
oh, I have the ones from year one I just didn't play them. I initially bought the $99 because of how much I loved D1.

hm, what exactly is the content?
^ plus a raid in black armory, where the next one has been touted as drifter focused. We'll find out more about the second content drop next week or the week after. It releases in 3 weeks I believe. These content drops are technically separate from season updates however this season there weren't vendor refreshes so we shall see about next.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would say that completing Forsaken would give all the annual pass stuff more context and make it feel less scattergun

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Just get Forsaken by itself right now, play through it, level up, decide if you want to stick around, if yes, get the AP.

Doctor Shatner

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally did Petra's Run with my usual team (first try!). Very stressful overall, but I think we yelled the loudest we ever had at the end. Overall, very satisfying.

Rivensbane ain't coming off for a while now :)

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still looking for all the eggs and bones for the cursebreaker since no one will help with the protect the mote carrier triumph for Dredgen

Dec 2, 2017
This was only my 4th run of ST. I actually tried it solo and got it at the first checkpoint. Which coincidentally is as far as I can get solo.

Wow, that's lucky. I didn't realize it could drop from any checkpoint though, so that's cool, thanks.

Still looking for all the eggs and bones for the cursebreaker since no one will help with the protect the mote carrier triumph for Dredgen

There are 2 or 3 tricky jumps involved, but none of them are super hard as long as you're using youtube guides (well okay, I don't have the raid ones yet, can't speak to those). The only thing is you have to wait for the ones in the ascendant challenges to come up in the rotation.

I'd be happy to help with the protect the runner triumph - you're on PS4, right? I don't have it either, I sure we can get two more. I'm thinking a tether hunter + stormcaller will generate enough orbs to chain stormtrances and make it easy to do quickly.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My only piece of 650 gear is my energy weapon (610 light rating, so everything else is really low). So of course all of my daily drops - all of them - were energy weapons. >:(

Dec 2, 2017
My only piece of 650 gear is my energy weapon (610 light rating, so everything else is really low). So of course all of my daily drops - all of them - were energy weapons. >:(
610 is the tough spot where you're just a little too low to start the raid or farming the forges. Once you hit 620 it gets a lot faster. Iron banner this weekend is a good source to farm gear quickly, if you don't mind getting shot a lot at that power level.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow, that's lucky. I didn't realize it could drop from any checkpoint though, so that's cool, thanks.

There are 2 or 3 tricky jumps involved, but none of them are super hard as long as you're using youtube guides (well okay, I don't have the raid ones yet, can't speak to those). The only thing is you have to wait for the ones in the ascendant challenges to come up in the rotation.

I'd be happy to help with the protect the runner triumph - you're on PS4, right? I don't have it either, I sure we can get two more. I'm thinking a tether hunter + stormcaller will generate enough orbs to chain stormtrances and make it easy to do quickly.
I'd be down for that. Yeah, think I might have you on PSN already if not, its: Ayz88

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, you do an IB train the day I pass out after work and wake up at 4 a.m. in the morning.

I'm upset. </whiplash>

If you're in a clan, hit up Hawthorne. The drops for clan milestones tend to be high level and less fuck-you-over than regular drops.

EDIT: Damn, 40 minute space in between and still ended up double posting.

RIP

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I just starting playing this game this morning.

I just have the base game so far.

I am level 8 and I am having a good time with my arcstrider. What should I know?

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
How do I quickly get from 560ish to 630 or something?

Level up my alts for the higher drops be enough?

For me I just focused on dailies and weeklies; anything that awarded powerful gear. At first I would just infuse the main gear I was using all the time, making sure it all had the highest LL I could get it, then focused on infusing secondary loadouts, etc..

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys... So all the Anthem talk lately is actually making thing about re-installing Destiny 2 lol.

I could use some help however...

I bought the game on PS4 at launch with the Expansion Pass (I actually stopped playing before any of the DLC came out...)

What would I need to buy to be complately up to date now?

Also, I got the base game for free on PC during that promo a while ago... Would it be better to simply upgrade the PC version instead of the PS4 version? Would it make a huge difference money wise?

Thanks!

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys... So all the Anthem talk lately is actually making thing about re-installing Destiny 2 lol.

I bought the game on PS4 at launch with the Expansion Pass (I actually stopped playing before any of the DLC came out...)

Also, I got the base game for free on PC during that promo a while ago... Would it be better to simply upgrade the PC version instead of the PS4 version? Would it make a huge difference money wise?

Thanks!

Someone get this man a Discord invite!

And a Damn clan while you are at it!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Thanks!
35 Trumps or 30 brexits depending on location to upgrade to Forsaken on PC, Forsaken should come with the previous 2 DLCs. Heck of a deal if you can find it

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Re-install the base game and play around with the new weapon changes and sandbox, see if you like it.

If you do, jump into Forsaken

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Wow, you do an IB train the day I pass out after work and wake up at 4 a.m. in the morning.

I'm upset. </whiplash>

RIP

Wake up old man.

arf.png

Meanwhile.

air.gif

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
You guys recommend the automatic bump to level 30? I'm going through the first two expansions before Forsaken and I've been enjoying the first expansion so far. Should I just continue to level up normally? I did see a notification saying that I might miss out on campaign stuff if I do in fact take the automatic bump to 30?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
You guys recommend the automatic bump to level 30? I'm going through the first two expansions before Forsaken and I've been enjoying the first expansion so far. Should I just continue to level up normally? I did see a notification saying that I might miss out on campaign stuff if I do in fact take the automatic bump to 30?

I woukd say just level up normslly on your primary character and save the boost for a secondary character..

Status
Not open for further replies.