• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Narrative Preview - The Reckoning

There's new Gameplay information in there about Gambit Prime and what the armor sets do.

The Invader can take motes from the enemies and lock their bank, keeping them from depositing.
The Collector seems to be able to send larger blockers than the traditional 5/10/15... Maybe up to 20 at once for an even larger blocker?
The Sentry can see where the invader is at all times, likely has a marker above their head like players do when you are the invader. They also do bonus damage to the Taken and Primeval.
The Reaper does bonus damage to general enemies.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Reached the Dreaming City and did that first mission there, but it feels like there's not much point continuing until the new season arrives because of the catch-up mechanics it adds, I'm only 525 atm. Guess I'll wait a bit.

Edit: And Xur is literally selling the only Exotic Warlock armor piece I own, lol.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Reached the Dreaming City and did that first mission there, but it feels like there's not much point continuing until the new season arrives because of the catch-up mechanics it adds, I'm only 525 atm. Guess I'll wait a bit.

Why wouldn't there be any point to doing it? There's loads to do there.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Just looked over Luna's howl reqs and lol, bungie has got to be kidding with this, I feel like they put that in to see just how insane people are

Oct 26, 2017
Why wouldn't there be any point to doing it? There's loads to do there.

I think they mean there's no reason in grinding to be a higher power level and struggle through it when the Power Surge bounties will make the content easier to complete.

What they said. I tried doing an Ascendency(?) trial since I got a weekly bounty for it, but it required 550 power so I just kept dying. I can now go try to grind that out, or wait 4 days and get 640 power within 1-2 hours of Season start. I enjoy grinding but not in this situation. :P

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What they said. I tried doing an Ascendency(?) trial since I got a weekly bounty for it, but it required 550 power so I just kept dying. I can now go try to grind that out, or wait 4 days and get 640 power within 1-2 hours of Season start. I enjoy grinding but not in this situation. :P

This weeks Ascendent Challeng you can basically outrun all the enemies. Grab all the orbs and dunk them. You then basically get unlimited super energy to kill the Knights. Power level really doesn't make a difference. You can outrun everything. In fact if you even stop to try to kill enemies you're going to get overwhelmed quickly.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm assuming you're talking about reaching the fabled rank at 2100 points?
Honestly, the whole thing. You need 350 HC kills with 200 being precision kills in comp plus the fabled stuff and rumble games.

It's like they made my worst nightmare, I'm not a PvP dude at all but even if I was I'd think this was excessive.

Not going to even attempt it so whatever, just thought it was nuts.

Last edited:

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, the whole thing. You need 350 HC kills with 200 being precision kills in comp plus the fabled stuff and rumble games.

It's like they made my worst nightmare, I'm not a PvP dude at all but even if I was I'd think this was excessive.

250 total kills if I remember correctly (Handcannon based, additional 200 solar kills afaik). And yes, it seems daunting but you can chip away at it all season so it's not that bad. But you're right, if you're not the biggest PVP fan, it can be frustrating.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
dmg04: Xur will be updated to offer Forsaken Exotics in the update next week.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/aw7en6/dmg04_xur_will_be_updated_to_offer_forsaken/

Xur will be updated to offer Forsaken Exotics in the update next week.

Note: Fated Engrams WILL NOT offer Forsaken Exotics. This will be looked at for a future update.

Additionally, Xur is still the snake-faced bastard you remember from Destiny 1. He'll still have a rotation of items from various releases, meaning he won't always sell a Forsaken exotic.

The team is also looking at the perks that can roll on armor pieces, to make his weekly stock a bit more exciting.

Oct 27, 2017
i was tryna thinking about getting the annual pass on sale for 24.50 but just couldnt pull the trigger.. it all looks cool and all but I really dont like gambit all that much. I played last season just enough to get the auto and haven't touched it since. but i guess ill come back a few weeks to get the few new weapons and what not... for me the annual pass still its really worth it though.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
We should be getting bare minimum 50 vault spaces per season.
Are you serious? Are we back to hoarding crap all over again? Mine is barely half full and I tend to keep it that way. It helps to only keep the gun rolls that I use and to not have an assload of them to begin with.

I absolutely do not miss the days of sitting in Atheon's room while someone in my fireteam heads to the tower, vaults an item, kicks to another character, unvaults the item, then flies back in. Then we wipe.

Then he realizes, oh man, I already did this on my Warlock! I was supposed to be on my titan! Then he realizes the value of having an Ice Breaker on each character to avoid having to do all of this crap in the future.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? Are we back to hoarding crap all over again? Mine is barely half full and I tend to keep it that way. It helps to only keep the gun rolls that I use and to not have an assload of them to begin with.

I absolutely do not miss the days of sitting in Atheon's room while someone in my fireteam heads to the tower, vaults an item, kicks to another character, unvaults the item, then flies back in. Then we wipe.

Then he realizes, oh man, I already did this on my Warlock! I was supposed to be on my titan! Then he realizes the value of having an Ice Breaker on each character to avoid having to do all of this crap in the future.

Hmm, I don't care if I have nothing stored in vault. There should still be a increase each season with new gear introduced.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should give us transmog its the only reason ppl keep other pieces anywhy... it would open up hundreds of slots for everyone im sure.

Guns and armor have a ton of variations and with how often Bungie changes stuff, it's worth keeping a variety. Also, aesthetic pieces are nice as well.

With next season, we will need at least 60 slots for all armor variations.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

giphy.gif

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Narrative Preview - The Reckoning

There's new Gameplay information in there about Gambit Prime and what the armor sets do.

The Invader can take motes from the enemies and lock their bank, keeping them from depositing.
The Collector seems to be able to send larger blockers than the traditional 5/10/15... Maybe up to 20 at once for an even larger blocker?
The Sentry can see where the invader is at all times, likely has a marker above their head like players do when you are the invader. They also do bonus damage to the Taken and Primeval.
The Reaper does bonus damage to general enemies
Looks like my speculation about the Collector was right. 20 motes summons a Giant blocker. if the enemy team has 2 or more Giant blockers on their bank, they drain motes!

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
So first Last Wish run today for me and a buddy. First chest he opens is one thousand voices. Everyone cussed him out. I open one and get it too.

Lol.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017

I am going through it right now. Honestly it's not that bad but I have a pretty good roll on my Trust that's making it easier.

The hardest part definetly is going to be reaching 2100 fabled because I solo queue a lot.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So first Last Wish run today for me and a buddy. First chest he opens is one thousand voices. Everyone cussed him out. I open one and get it too.

Lol.
Same damn thing happened to me.

First time, running with a group who have cleared over 20 times, no Thousand Voices.

I open my second chest with the free key you can get from a wish...boom...there it was.

I was not Mr. Popular that night, let me tell you.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
As the week and Triple Infamy comes nearer to a close, so does the increase in people bailing on their Gambit matches so as to not ruin their streaks and stunt their Legend progress. As soon as a stack appears on the other side I suddenly find myself in the Drifter's version of Crimson Days.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
As the week and Triple Infamy comes nearer to a close, so does the increase in people bailing on their Gambit matches so as to not ruin their streaks and stunt their Legend progress. As soon as a stack appears on the other side I suddenly find myself in the Drifter's version of Crimson Days.

Jokes on them, just playing gambit at legend stunts your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.