• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Any eta on economy fix?
Patch coming on Tuesday October 30th. I'm down to playing just one day a week because of the crap masterwork economy and low exotic drop rate/dupes so I'll probably be playing regularly again. Just now I'm just doing Petra's weekly quest, collecting clan engrams and that's it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Patch coming on Tuesday October 30th. I'm down to playing just one day a week because of the crap masterwork economy and low exotic drop rate/dupes so I'll probably be playing regularly again. Just now I'm just doing Petra's weekly quest, collecting clan engrams and that's it.

Have you tried exchanging shards for materials at Spider, spamming the material vendor, repeating?

I'm at 6 max MW'd weapons now, the only way this was possible with the crap MW rate was to abuse the hell out of the above.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have my Hunter and Warlock at 600 with Titan at 590. It made my life so much easier creating alts when my first reached 600. They just fly up in rank. The drawback was that I didn't initially have as many raid attempts.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't understand why the droprate fix won't come until end of the month. Wish it was tomorrow. At least I can look forward to another quest exotic. Just need to finish one more token for the Wish-Ender.

Musings

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't understand why the droprate fix won't come until end of the month. Wish it was tomorrow. At least I can look forward to another quest exotic. Just need to finish one more token for the Wish-Ender.

Likewise, the current rate is brutal, so far I've had two exotics drop since launch...

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Did my first Riven cheese lastnight, was pretty hilarious. Spent like 2 hours on Riven last week beating it legit, only to beat Riven in like 5 min this week resulting in the easiest/faster encounter in the entire raid. Has Bungie commented at all on this yet?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, some of the raid team said they were "looking into it" and it's super hilarious their "raid cheese team" didnt think at all of this strategy

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Did my first Riven cheese lastnight, was pretty hilarious. Spent like 2 hours on Riven last week beating it legit, only to beat Riven in like 5 min this week resulting in the easiest/faster encounter in the entire raid. Has Bungie commented at all on this yet?

https://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-...ngeons-and-the-influence-of-old-school-mario/

"Speaking of players feeling smart, Joe can you tell me whether in your eyes each of these ways to beat encounters qualifies as a cheese, an exploit, or legit strategy? Number one is all using the IKELOS shotgun to kill Morgeth the Spirekeeper by shooting him in the back of the leg.

JB: I would say that is not a cheese or an exploit. I would say that you've invested time in Destiny and now you get to feel a type of powerful. It sort of hits on that idea of the first time we did this it took 20 hours, but now it takes 20 minutes. So on that one, yeah, good on you!"

That's the closest they've commented on it recently.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out I was missing like 3 random armor pieces to get the Wayfarer title. If I knew that's all I was missing I would have done it sooner.

bmxevLMl.jpg

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-...ngeons-and-the-influence-of-old-school-mario/

"Speaking of players feeling smart, Joe can you tell me whether in your eyes each of these ways to beat encounters qualifies as a cheese, an exploit, or legit strategy? Number one is all using the IKELOS shotgun to kill Morgeth the Spirekeeper by shooting him in the back of the leg.

JB: I would say that is not a cheese or an exploit. I would say that you've invested time in Destiny and now you get to feel a type of powerful. It sort of hits on that idea of the first time we did this it took 20 hours, but now it takes 20 minutes. So on that one, yeah, good on you!"

That's the closest they've commented on it recently.

Interesting... I mean with that encounter, you're still executing the raid mechanics to get to that point. With Riven, you're literally skipping everything, pretty big difference imo. Like I could see if you still had to divide into two rooms, perform some of the requirements necessary but then burning Riven in that room where you all meet... but the current "strategy" I would think Bungie would want to address in some form.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting... I mean with that encounter, you're still executing the raid mechanics to get to that point. With Riven, you're literally skipping everything, pretty big difference imo. Like I could see if you still had to divide into two rooms, perform some of the requirements necessary but then burning Riven in that room where you all meet... but the current "strategy" I would think Bungie would want to address in some form.

Yea, and I don't believe the Riven cheese has been part of their "known issues" so they might not even bother to touch it until much later. Too busy working on other content. I feel like they're happy with the raid as a whole. They haven't even bothered fixing the exploit where adds don't spawn in first encounter.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking fixes come at too slow of a rate with Bungo.
i find it hilarious that they think anyone but the hardcore will be playing once RDR 2 hits in late october.

the masterwork cores and exotic drop changes could have been easy changes to implement. make masterwork cores 10 legendary shards each via spider. make exotic drops distinct forsaken drops only.

Bungie promised so many things with this DLC but the biggest most important change was them listening to the community and reacting quickly. they still havent done that. and they probably never will.

Waldini

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i find it hilarious that they think anyone but the hardcore will be playing once RDR 2 hits in late october.

the masterwork cores and exotic drop changes could have been easy changes to implement. make masterwork cores 10 legendary shards each via spider. make exotic drops distinct forsaken drops only.

Bungie promised so many things with this DLC but the biggest most important change was them listening to the community and reacting quickly. they still havent done that. and they probably never will.

*sigh*

Forsaken is a huge jump forward in terms of replay value.
I'd rather have Bungie take their time in order to adress the problems then nerfing/buffing things without testing. They've proven on multiple occassions that a quick-nerf/buff breaks almost everything.

I remember handcannons becoming useless once they "nerfed" Thorn/TLW. And so on and on ...

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*sigh*

Forsaken is a huge jump forward in terms of replay value.
I'd rather have Bungie take their time in order to adress the problems then nerfing/buffing things without testing. They've proven on multiple occassions that a quick-nerf/buff breaks almost everything.

I remember handcannons becoming useless once they "nerfed" Thorn/TLW. And so on and on ...
The economy changes arent going to nerf or buff anything.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny that I've only masterworked a single weapon, and all of my other cores have gone into infusing.

They should call them infusion cores.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
After being very underleveled on day 1, I finally felt comfortable attempting the raid this week once i climbed past 560. I first tried with a group off the100 but we had that one person with us. You know the type, not that good at shooting or jumping but talks up their accomplishments or trying to find blame with others during a wipe. We called it on Shuro Chi. I was thinking it'd be another week until I saw the rest of the raid. However, a group soon formed up on Discord which ended up really cool as I got to hang with folks I haven't played with for a bit and we were able to complete the raid so a nice bonus. No good loot but a real fun time nonetheless. Thanks Hood, Comet, Harlan, kof and your buddy!

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I find Firebase Echo really boring for Clash the two times I have played that mode on it. Control and breakthrough were much more interesting with engagements in different placements rather than just around either end of the heavy corridor.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
For the Redrix quest, I think I read someone say that you can play a different playlist and it counts as playing comp for the 25 matches? Anyone remember that?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I dont recall that, but would have loved to know it before I played comp (though my comp sessions have been painfree ~1700 glory)

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
lol.

Now I've seen it all. Yea, I can imagine that would feel though if you've never done anything but cheese Riven.
Yeah, queen's walk must feel pretty crazy after Riven boils down to "stand in room and shoot rockets" lol

This. We went from standing in a rift to:

"damn...we're kinda lost here"
"Count out loud please!"
"This room has a ton of adds. Help!"

After a riven cheese you do have to turn mechanics back on.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Only had 20 minutes to teach two new guys heart. No go had to leave. Heart run isn't easy.

You have to run while killing adds while keeping up with a decreasing sphere where if you're behind you can't catch up

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Only had 20 minutes to teach two new guys heart. No go had to leave. Heart run isn't easy.

You have to run while killing adds while keeping up with a decreasing sphere where if you're behind you can't catch up

I don't get this. You should never die to the debuff, the guy holding the heart is moving at like walking-speed.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this. You should never die to the debuff, the guy holding the heart is moving at like walking-speed.
And yet. Sprint can't catch up. Try it out. Then try it as they walk away while the bubble shrinking combined

Also you can die to debuff for jumping out of the bubble too early and die before a new person picks it up

It's cool how you can't understand that though you're a cool guy

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

I'd rather they also add it to various bounties rather than outright buy it with shards. Bungie is not slow, they're doing it on purpose. They could add MW cores to BW loot based on the tier, or to the Spider wanted bounties tomorrow if they wanted, considering how hastily they add or remove stuff from vendor inventory (like 3oC from D1) that benefits players.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
And yet. Sprint can't catch up. Try it out. Then try it as they walk away while the bubble shrinking combined

Also you can die to debuff for jumping out of the bubble too early and die before a new person picks it up

It's cool how you can't understand that though you're a cool guy

The bubble you have to be in is huge up until the last few seconds. You only have to kill the important adds and ignore the rest. If you die to the debuff it's your fault alone.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know what the new PVP maps are. Only one I've played so far that looks new to me is the Cabal looking one that goes in a circle. And that one blows. Why the feck am I fighting in a circle.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
The bubble you have to be in is huge up until the last few seconds. You only have to kill the important adds and ignore the rest. If you die to the debuff it's your fault alone.
Knowing the map path, kniwing which way to go, knowing which way the ball carrier will go, what adds to kill, what skills slow you down, what adds to ignore without doing it before

Easy

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing the map path, kniwing which way to go, knowing which way the ball carrier will go, what adds to kill, what skills slow you down, what adds to ignore without doing it before

Easy

I didn't say the encounter was easy or anything about having all that knowledge. I said you should never die to the debuff. You can keep your ass glued to the heart holder. That's easy even if you've never done it before.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
This week in D2 is gonna get a little nutty. Start of Festival of the Lost, Start of Iron Banner, Week 3 Corruption in DC (Including the buffed meatball spawn rates).

Gonna be a lot to do with just two characters.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A whole lot to do next week and I'm gonna have to waste a few hours of it getting the offerings for my alts so they can get their third seeds, great.

Did the third seed really need to get locked to a specific week of curse... after it was released two weeks ago I just assumed it was put into the offering loot pool forever. Wasted an hour at Blind Well this week, turned in my bounty... no seed. That was annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
A whole lot to do next week and I'm gonna have to waste a few hours of it getting the offerings for my alts so they can get their third seeds, great.

Did the third seed really need to get locked to a specific week of curse... after it was released two weeks ago I just assumed it was put into the offering loot pool forever. Wasted an hour at Blind Well this week, turned in my bounty... no seed. That was annoying.

IIRC its guaranteed in the first encounter of the raid but not everyone is gonna do that.

Also they are seemingly going with the whole
Everything is stuck in a 3 week time-loop that the characters are slowly realizing.

Last edited:

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say the encounter was easy or anything about having all that knowledge. I said you should never die to the debuff. You can keep your ass glued to the heart holder. That's easy even if you've never done it before.
Yes if you ignore the encounter you can stay in the bubble. I'm sorry for misunderstanding

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll have a good amount of free time this week to do the Festival of the Lost. Shattered Throne is also guaranteed now since I've surpassed it in level drastically. Don't care about Iron Banner because it still doesn't give me a reason to care about it besides ugly armor and trying to get god roll on that pulse.

Hopefully I can get everything regarding the Festival done quick because come next Friday it's bye bye Destiny 2 for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.