• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm tapping out for a while, to demoralizing to do milestones and get stuff in the 602 range. Spent 2 hrs last night trying to get into a blind well instance with people, every other week took like 3 tries max (and that's if I was being picky and only looking for tier 3s). Can't understand the thought process with this content drop. It will take a semi casual (ie I don't raid) to get to a power lvl that can play the content that I bought.

Got spider man and red dead to play.
Yeah, they broke Blind Well instancing in this last patch.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I said it before when foresaken launched but a grind for the sake of grind is a myopic way of structuring your game. Your grind needs to be rewarding, and your grind needs to come by doing activities people enjoy. I can't speak about the rewards since I havent bought the new DLC but if all theyre doing is having you run through the same content to grind that weve already played through thats a massive oversight on their part and another reason why whenever they get it right we have reason to worry they still dont get it. Its always two steps forward two steps back with Bungie/Destiny.

this

they invented the "grind for the grind" in a way that just feels like going into a hamster wheel. it´s just boring at this point and unrewarding as hell

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
611 across the board. We used two hunters and a melting point titan. I think warlocks can make this trivial personally.

Going to run character 2 today.

When my crew an I did it, we had a blades Hunter, a Phoenix Well Warlock, and a Nezarac Sin Novawarp Warlock.

The trick for downing the Warden at the end is have one guy with Whisper in a Well at the back while the other two try to body block the adds for him.

Mind, we did this at 602~ Power, so folks might get away with playing a bit more dangerously at higher power.

My two cents.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Do people actually like LL grinding? I've always thought it was shit personally. Especially as Light Level only really affects you when you are under the recommended LL, being around or well above it has never really felt any different to me.
I get if it's hard, a max level really sticks out, so I get those who like it as a way to flex a little, but it's really just a massive turn off for me as someone who usually just plays solo and I'm just not really close to catching up after a little while.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do people actually like LL grinding? I've always thought it was shit personally. Especially as Light Level only really affects you when you are under the recommended LL, being around or well above it has never really felt any different to me.
I get if it's hard, a max level really sticks out, so I get those who like it as a way to flex a little, but it's really just a massive turn off for me as someone who usually just plays solo and I'm just not really close to catching up after a little while.
Yeah, power level grinding is a really low effort way to encourage people to keep playing the game. Most games like this will make it a grind for gear with better stats.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, they broke Blind Well instancing in this last patch.
Blind well should still be doable with a fire team of 3 though. You only need more than 3 if people are underleveled I think (at least tier 2 is fine; haven't done the higher tiers with just 3 as matchmaking has always added blueberries).

D2 vanilla and CoO were the best system for LL since hitting max light was very easy. After CoO bungie has been listening to the players who complained about it being too easy to get to max light, and also about wanting light to feel more meaningful, and made a lot of changes related to that (power levels enabled in iron banner, return of "immune" enemies if too low level, increase grind to actually max level) to please those players. They're definitely out there and were complaining quite a lot when d2 launched that light was too easy to get...

Edit: here's bungie talking back in April about why they went back to the grind https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46754

One of the things we did when Destiny 2 launched was make the climb to the power cap fast and easy for everyone. It didn't matter who you were or what your play style was; the road to the cap was quick and accessible for everyone. The result was that achieving the cap felt less satisfying: It was easy, and there weren't any activities that dared to require it.

So, with the release of Destiny 2 Expansion II: Warmind, we're making some changes to the size and frequency of upgrades. These changes will apply to all of Destiny 2—not just the Warmind endgame content. Our goals with this change are to bring back meaning and accomplishment to achieving the Power cap, to give players a sense of progression when they come back to play each week, and to reward players who engage in a broader scope of the Destiny 2 endgame content.

[. . .]

Players who don't participate in any group weekly activities are unlikely to hit the hard cap before the next release; dedicated omnivore players will hit it before players that just play Raids or Trials exclusively.

Forsaken seems to have stuck with this mindset.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
people have already figured out how to farm the forge with minimal issues. but i guess it takes more effort to type on your keyboard whining. oh well. see you at the forge!

Who is keyboard whining here? It's actually an extremely civil discussion.

Why are you always so allergic to even the slightest Destiny criticism?

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of content basically forcing a grind on day one when you're top tier 600 from the previous release. So I played for about 3 hours last night and literally did nothing but powerful activities e.g. daily gambit, 3 games of gambit, vanguard strike etc. In all that time I only got 2 purples above where I am, 602 and 605. I moved up to 602.

So on those rates I'll need to play for 15 hours over 5 days to just be the base recommended light of 610 for the first Forge. Ugh. Why drop blues anymore? Why drop them 20- levels down? Let me infuse my way out of the grind or something.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the matchmaking aspect, thanks for that Bungle, nice work. After a few attempts and getting matched with powerful players who were just 603 as well we cleared the first Forge wave and got our asses handed to us on the second wave.

Seems like great content and weapons but not being able to progress through and having such a massive time sink is off putting.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I finished all 3 story missions in Dreaming City. Is that all there is for the solo player (I've done the strike as well)?

There's the ascendant challenge - do you basically have to use a guide to find it? I've run around using the tincture a few times and never spotted anything out of the ordinary. Is it solo content even?

Thx

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
lol, all weeklies and full raid clear on one character, only 608. This is fun. I'm having fun.
how-dare-you.gif

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same place I'm at. And wondering if I should break down and run through the whole thing again on character 2 to maybe push me up to 610.

Blindwell being broken isn't helping matters
What, you don't like having to search for 2 more people on destinylfg.net when just last week you could stumble into a 6-man group that could destroy tier 4 in 10 seconds?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I finished all 3 story missions in Dreaming City. Is that all there is for the solo player (I've done the strike as well)?

There's the ascendant challenge - do you basically have to use a guide to find it? I've run around using the tincture a few times and never spotted anything out of the ordinary. Is it solo content even?

Thx
You can find it on your own. Whenever you're in the area of it you'll see a small text in the bottom left feed that says something like "The walls of reality grow thin". You don't need to be Ascendant to get that message. If you don't want to use a guide every week, the best thing to do is look up where they all spawn (because they're only ever in certain areas) and check those spots yourself on reset.

Pretty sure all of the challenges are soloable if you're not crazy underleveled though some are easier than others.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Destiny for me now is just Gambit, Quick Play, Tangled Shore patrolling and maybe a Flashpoint.

I am disappointed with the Season Pass where they lock the fun at PL 625, pretty lame.

I want Tower Faction Vendors back

Reflex

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

its sort of meant as a solo activity since if you die you cant be revived anyways but its way easier with another person. there are clues in the bounty on where the portal is i think this week it mentions a garden which is referring to the garden of esila. though if you're not high enough power you'll probably get one shot by the knights.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
lol, i completed the forge a few min before they posted that update... now im wondering if i beat it at new lowered level or original.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I tried yesterday to reignite my love, but its just gone. I wont clutter this board with complaints, I think this game just passed me by. :(

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yep:

We have just delivered a server-side update to reduce the Power requirements for all the encounters in the Lost Forges by five. We fully acknowledge that this is a small move, but it is the one that we can make today. This is not the full extent of the changes to the player experience that we are investigating, but it should give Guardians at 600 Power a better chance at completing the activity.

That's neat, and nice they're addressing the sentiment. I was happy with the grind but won't say no to jumping in now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Err... They lowered it by 5, so standard enemies should be 610, and the boss should be 620.

Absolutely nuts that they're now saying, "oh shit, we didn't realize you guys didn't want to grind the same old content you've been grinding for 3 months. We'll look into that."

Eh. I would've rather Bungie stick to their guns on this.
lol, what

Oct 27, 2017
Err... They lowered it by 5, so standard enemies should be 610, and the boss should be 620.

Absolutely nuts that they're now saying, "oh shit, we didn't realize you guys didn't want to grind the same old content you've been grinding for 3 months. We'll look into that."

lol, what
Must want more and more of the player base to fracture off and leave.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Eh. I would've rather Bungie stick to their guns on this.
what?

IMO, there shouldn't even be a Power Level increase to 650, I would have preferred if everything stayed at 600 and that we just enjoyed the countent with the pain of Infusion.

I worked my ass off to perfect my Armor ; the Power Level increase just set me back to wear random shit gear that is higher Power

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what?

IMO, there shouldn't even be a Power Level increase to 650, I would have preferred if everything stayed at 600 and that we just enjoyed the countent with the pain of Infusion.

I worked my ass of to perfect my Armor ; the Power Level increase just set me back to wear random shit gear that is higher Power
Nothing like a power level cap increase to remind you of how dumb infusion is now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lmao at spawning into a Forge as the 10 second timer for having failed the event is counting down.

Edit: Now that I'm actually playing Forge, it's interesting how the only mechanic involved in it (throwing the ball at the forge) is completely busted and most of the time it bounces off of it for seemingly no reason. Also, why are people going AFK in this activity?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
This franchise deserves better and it's sad that we'll never get to see the original vision of the game.

Just once in my lifetime I want to see a Destiny like game with areas so big and populated with npcs, quests and little details that it would take weeks alone to take just one planet in. If you see, you can go, barely any loading, fully customizable characters, actual in game HQs for your clan, etc. But with current hardware and resources a game on that scale is a pipe dream.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This franchise deserves better and it's sad that we'll never get to see the original vision of the game.

Just once in my lifetime I want to see a Destiny like game with areas so big and populated with npcs, quests and little details that it would take weeks alone to take just one planet in. If you see, you can go, barely any loading, fully customizable characters, actual in game HQs for your clan, etc. But with current hardware and resources a game on that scale is a pipe dream.
Even on next gen hardware I doubt we'd see anything like what you're describing, I mean there's Star Citizen....yikes

how's RDR2 online?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No Bungie, why would I want to try again with the same fireteam? Throw me into another random group. This is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.