• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Forge PL nerf made it easy mode now. 5min in and out, grab some stuff, get bounties done. Pretty funny really how quick Bungie nerfed this in the ground.
Got the Machine Gun on two characters now and gonna get Auto Rifle tomorrow cause of sleepy times. Then hopefully get my hunter raid ready and to 620 if it works out. Not having a Warlock kinda bites me in the ass but damn I can't be arsed to do everything three times, two times already exhausts me.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, matchmaking for the forge can start the damn thing with just two people. What the fuck

Forge PL nerf made it easy mode now. 5min in and out, grab some stuff, get bounties done. Pretty funny really how quick Bungie nerfed this in the ground.
Got the Machine Gun on two characters now and gonna get Auto Rifle tomorrow cause of sleepy times. Then hopefully get my hunter raid ready and to 620 if it works out. Not having a Warlock kinda bites me in the ass but damn I can't be arsed to do everything three times, two times already exhausts me.
Lowered power level by 5 = nerfed to the ground?

Assuming you're relatively high power level, because none of the groups I'm in at 607 can kill the boss.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
Just put on your lower light gear if you want a challenge.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Destiny for me now is just Gambit, Quick Play, Tangled Shore patrolling and maybe a Flashpoint.

I am disappointed with the Season Pass where they lock the fun at PL 625, pretty lame.

I want Tower Faction Vendors back
I would be so down for tower faction vendors again, that god roll hype was so much fun!

Oh, and I'm 602 after a full grind session...Bungo, pls....what are you upto guys.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I saw people said blind well was broken but I just went in solo. It matchmade me with a team of two and then another couple people wandered in. Got the tier 4 done and 100% completion without having to LFG.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
i can't believe they broke blind well. i need the powerful reward from it but can't find an instance

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Black Armory would have been a free update for lots of other games if u look at how light on content it actually is lol. I'm enjoying the game quite a lot, but I'm gonna wait till they show me something interesting before putting more money into the game.

Since they ditched the cinematic campaigns, I would imagine they focussed their resources on other stuff. Why do we get even less content than last year's DLC? No campaign, no exotic armor, black reskins of year 1 weapons, no strikes, like what?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
You have be 600 to do black armory stuff? LOL, I'm at 537 (maybe 538) and that took a long time as a casual.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad it took them 1 day to "fix" Forge (which didnt need fixed)

Now about all that other shit that needs actually looked at...

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to give gambit another shot after a long break due to terrible matchmaking. Three matches in a row against full stacks. Bungie are just completely effing stupid.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Its hilarious that some people are salty about Bungie making one activity slightly easy. You can always wear you LL 10 Eververse chest in the Forge if you want it to be hard you know.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its hilarious that some people are salty about Bungie making one activity slightly easy. You can always wear you LL 10 Eververse chest in the Forge if you want it to be hard you know.

You're misunderstanding if you think this is an issue of difficulty. The fallacy is showing its ugly rear head from your post.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I think I understood the post just fine. You're response to people being salty about making Forge easier implies that they wanted a challenge. Regardless of whatever intent your post was supposed to have, it reads pretty clear what you're trying to say.

EDIT: If you think I misunderstood your post, you should clarify how I misunderstood it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I think I understood the post just fine. You're response to people being salty about making Forge easier implies that they wanted a challenge. Regardless of whatever intent your post was supposed to have, it reads pretty clear what you're trying to say.
an artificial challenge,

not by creative game design but by lazing Power Level increase

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Bungie did make the road to 600 easier with the prime engram change in the patch notes. The soft cap didn't change but primes will bring people up to 550 faster which is a higher floor for leveling. (Also with the Halloween event which gave a 600 weapon for a few hours of gameplay over 3 weeks).

I assume the Dawning event may have power level boost elements similar to the Halloween event but will see next week.

If bungie makes a similar change to primes when the next season drops, that should hopefully bring people up faster.

That said, I pulled my casual friend who was 529 and hasn't raided since d1y3 into a raid yesterday. We finished up through Riven and he was able to go up to 537 from just raid drops and a single prime. It's a bummer I won't be able to play forge activities with him though, people who just play a few hours here and there will not get to 600 anytime soon.

It didn't take me very long to reach 600, eventhough I only play few hours per week. I usually only do the solo PVE weeklies, and it took me about 1½ months to reach 600 after I had bought Forsaken. That being said, 1½ months of grind to access a bought content would be extremely annoying.

Getting Horror Story helped a lot, although it was a pain in the ass to get the heavy weapon to the same level, as the RNG granted me 600 primaries mostly. I tend to gather bounties, and redeem them after the weekly reset, so I can complete Ikora's and Dreaming City's weeklies in no time. The same goes for the clan bounties, now that they give more solo PVE ones. If they would prevent me from doing that, I'd most likely quit the game.

I really hate the Masterwork Core part of the grind though. I spent all I had, including all the Legendary Shards, to make masterworks of just a single armor set and a couple of weapons. It took three months to gather that amount of them, and now I don't have enough to increase my gear's LL beyond 600.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
an artificial challenge,

not by creative game design but by lazing Power Level increase

Bungie's solution of progression has always leaned on Power Level. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but I think they're struggling finding a solution in regards to meaningful progression.

EDIT: On another note, I think the game has a serious issue in regards to blues. It's almost as bad as the abundance of whites from D3 vanilla. It's pretty bad.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

EDIT: If you think I misunderstood your post, you should clarify how I misunderstood it.

If the people say Forge should've stayed at 630 and that there should've been a new activity between 600-630 to grind it to that level, or make the activity actually challenging and not a mind-numbing dunkathon, then I completely agree. My remark is mainly towards "lol scrubs stop whining and go grind milestones again" crowd.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If the people say Forge should've stayed at 630 and that there should've been a new activity between 600-630 to grind it to that level, or make the activity actually challenging and not a mind-numbing dunkathon, then I completely agree. My remark is mainly towards "lol scrubs stop whining and go grind milestones again" crowd.

Okay... this conversation isn't going anywhere so I have nothing really more to say. I understand what you're saying but it is not rhetorically relevant to the topic at hand. What you're mentioning is not the position that the people who wanted the Forge to stay the same are saying. So you're misconstruing the argument and hence the fallacy. If you decide to bring the argument back to a proper conversation, then I'd be willing to have it. As it stands, I'm not going to have a back and forth with a fallacy as the basis.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Okay... this conversation isn't going anywhere so I have nothing really more to say. I understand what you're saying but it is not rhetorically relevant to the topic at hand. What you're mentioning is not the position that the people who wanted the Forge to stay the same are saying. So you're misconstruing the argument and hence the fallacy. If you decide to bring the argument back to a proper conversation, then I'd be willing to have it. As it stands, I'm not going to have a back and forth with a fallacy as the basis.

Its not a fallacy when I've seen a few post here and on Reddit hand waving how stupid it was to put your very first new activity at +30LL, mostly insulting towards people complaining about it.

Btw what is the position of the people who want the very first introductory activity to be at +30? One that locks 100% of the new content behind it? I'd love to hear it.

Oct 27, 2017
I do not care about the light level grind part. But the fact the 'new' content forges are just the same as before is silly. I don't care about no new areas as long as the content is good. Yes I know forges were on the road map but really expecting them to be something different in some exciting matter is too much? No, it's the same jump in pit with enamies and a timer used again and again. This really isn't cutting it. I know it's the beginning of the season, but ffs they could have started it a little better.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its not a fallacy when I've seen a few post here and on Reddit hand waving how stupid it was to put your very first new activity at +30LL, mostly insulting towards people complaining about it.

Btw what is the position of the people who want the very first introductory activity to be at +30? One that locks 100% of the new content behind it? I'd love to hear it.

It being stupid that they released a new activity +30 LL is not tied to the idea that people want a challenge. People who are celebrating the hotfix are doing so because they can access the content and play it instead of being locked out by an arbitrary number set aside from Bungie. People who are dismayed by the hotfix are doing so because not everything needs to be accessible and played day one. This is a loot-based game that focuses on progression. I don't see raids being accessible day one. I don't see high tier dungeons being accessible day one either. You need to level up and grind to access that. It's not about challenge at all which is what you're citing is the main vocal point. It's all about progression.

Now I understand an argument can be made that lowering the requirement by 5LL is a necessary change because in reality Forge is the only new playable content with the new content drop and it seems stupid to release a new content when no one can access said content. That being said, I think Bungie should've just rolled with the punches on this just to let the community know that the Annual Pass is not another Expansion. It's different. it's meant to be a slow drip feed of content over a year period. Not everything will be accessible upfront and not everything will be playable upfront. Other live games act this way and the Destiny community hasn't had an opportunity to experience this shift. Bungie is taking a fundamentally new approaching to putting out content that the playerbase isn't used to and they reacted violently negative. It's a slapstick method but I think it's required.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
People who are dismayed by the hotfix are doing so because not everything needs to be accessible and played day one.

Let me correct this before I read the rest of the post since I've seen people say this hundred times and being corrected a hundred times.

NOT EVERYTHING, BUT SOMETHING, AT LEAST A SINGLE THING. JUST....ONE....THING.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
uHob0OX.jpg

Got screwed over on so many drops. Even saving bounties didn't really help me much. Really lame that we're even allowed to do that and others having such stupidly good RNG, thus giving them a massive advantage come Friday.

I still have a few things to pick up, but nothing that will make any major gains.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Let me correct this before I read the rest of the post since I've seen people say this hundred times and being corrected a hundred times.

NOT EVERYTHING, BUT SOMETHING, AT LEAST A SINGLE THING. JUST....ONE....THING.

Read my second paragraph if you're being lazy.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Read my second paragraph if you're being lazy.

I did and came upon this gem again.

Not everything will be accessible upfront and not everything will be playable upfront.

Needless to say you've completely failed to understand why people are complaining. Nobody's asking for EVERYTHING day one and that's not what this is about, it boggles my mind that this needs to be repeated so many times.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I did and came upon this gem again.

Needless to say you've completely failed to understand why people are complaining. Nobody's asking for EVERYTHING day one and that's not what this is about, it boggles my mind that this needs to be repeated so many times.

I already addressed this point within the first sentence of my response. I understand the community's position quite clearly and I even preemptively cited it. And I agree with it. Why you think I don't understand this even though I wrote it out is beyond me. It's like you're selectively reading.

Now I understand an argument can be made that lowering the requirement by 5LL is a necessary change because in reality Forge is the only new playable content with the new content drop and it seems stupid to release a new content when no one can access said content.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
unbelievable that i have managed to do Volundr's Forge before doing heroic blind well. can't find one instance with people

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Omg, Bungie low key buffed Ace of Spades

The mad men and women

That banner image is low res af, OP, you should feel great shame. Just kidding, that's a neat feature, mobile version of the site still sucks though

Last edited:

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any point to picking up the season pass if you aren't at 600 Light going in? I was actually gonna buy the season pass blind for a bit, but reading and watching a bit of gameplay, that seems like a bad idea.

I beat the Forsaken base raid once in October and I haven't really played it since. Ended up with 585ish Light.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is there any point to picking up the season pass if you aren't at 600 Light going in? I was actually gonna buy the season pass blind for a bit, but reading and watching a bit of gameplay, that seems like a bad idea.

I beat the Forsaken base raid once in October and I haven't really played it since. Ended up with 585ish Light.
There is no reason to pick it up if you are not 600, no. You can still get to 650 without it btw. But if you aren't really playing the game regularly, this isn't really the Kind of Content cycle for you

Status
Not open for further replies.