• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The season pass extends the end game, new activities, challenges, forges, milestones, quests, weapons etc. If you enjoy playing Destiny and want more destiny, go ahead.

The season pass is an extentions of the endgame, if you dont see yourself putting in the time, I recommend you steer well clear.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give gambit another shot after a long break due to terrible matchmaking. Three matches in a row against full stacks. Bungie are just completely effing stupid.

I've learned to just worry about my own individual performance and contributions

Hell I've even been key in stealing a match or two from stacked teams.

If you solo queue into gambit expect most games to be stacked against you

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've learned to just worry about my own individual performance and contributions

Hell I've even been key in stealing a match or two from stacked teams.

If you solo queue into gambit expect most games to be stacked against you
yeah it's how i see it too
if you solo queue, don't go nuts and Play to win,Play to "complete" and just have fun.
try some dumb stuff, try some weapons or supers you normally wouldn't use
it can be quite amusing

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
You have be 600 to do black armory stuff? LOL, I'm at 537 (maybe 538) and that took a long time as a casual.
i started Fosaken 1 month later after its launch an reached 600PL on all characters 2 weeks ago. I just played on my main char and did every milestone and porwerful engram rewards activity. Then i just swappen all my 600 wepaons to my alt chars and a bought from xur an armor exotic for alts. I never did the raid in that that time. Horror Story was a big help.

Im just a solo casual as well but its way easier to level up now than back in y1.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Well bitching about RNG seems to work out ok. I really think they buffed the exotic drop. Recieved my 3rd Forsaken exotic since the reset (Wavesplitter, 6th Coyote, and now 2Tailed Fox).

Also had the Osprey drop on my first Nightfall run and got the Secret Victories (+ Modifier) emblem from failing a T3 Blind Well.

Not a bad RNG day.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Seems exotic drops have increased for everyone except me.
Got 3 exotic on my brothers account just doing weekly milestones in 1 day. Haven't seen an exotic on my account for a month.

Tried the forge can see it being neat with a pre made team but crap shoot with randos. Failed out 1st wave with 14/20, I did 9 of them. Also some of the flashy guys didn't drop balls so dunno what's up.

Prob just play as normal and get to 650, skip forge stuff till then. Prob take a month at this rate, if they fix blind well, hugging the wall and walking slowly didn't make a difference.

Guess it wouldn't be Bungie update if they didn't break major gameplay stuff with an update.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This DLC has really taken the wind out of my sails. Honestly, Bungie's plan for Destiny is exhausting and designed for people that play for a living.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yup, I'm just going to do Gambit, Quickplay and try to find Competitive group, but I am going to lay off from the "end game grind" because it never ends with each season

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This DLC has really taken the wind out of my sails. Honestly, Bungie's plan for Destiny is exhausting and designed for people that play for a living.
It's a shame you and many feel this way. They could have put a better foot forward for sure, but logistically this will yield better results in the long run. There will literally be somethjng new every week from here on out.

Someone please clip a gif of guardians hugging the wall on their way to BW

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I feel like I'm the only one who is satisfied with Black Armory. They've explicitly said that Annual Pass DLC are even smaller than CoO and Warmind and are supposed to be a season of new content, rather than all at once (source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-forsaken-release-date)

If you were expecting something else, then that is on you, we are getting exactly what we were promised, and I'm fine with it.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
It's a shame you and many feel this way. They could have put a better foot forward for sure, but logistically this will yield better results in the long run. There will literally be somethjng new every week from here on out.

But the only way to see this new content is through grinding old content, which people are tired of doing. I'm tired of the same three quests in the Dreaming City, the same strikes, the same pvp maps and weapons, the same daily missions and public events. Making new content is pointless if the only way to experience it is through grinding before a grind. Bungie totally screwed this up. What happened to respecting our time as players? That lasted three months before they screwed up

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Someone please clip a gif of guardians hugging the wall on their way to BW

I believe there needs to be balance between an insane grind and no grind. Personally, I don't think a game should be designed with streamers in mind. To play with friends, you have to keep up and if you fall behind, there will be no one to play with.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm the only one who is satisfied with Black Armory. They've explicitly said that Annual Pass DLC are even smaller than CoO and Warmind and are supposed to be a season of new content, rather than all at once (source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-forsaken-release-date)

If you were expecting something else, then that is on you, we are getting exactly what we were promised, and I'm fine with it.

Hi, no you are not the only one here. My squad has been getting that bread the past two days. Going to finish character 2 up and start #3 today after work.

I will be at work to watch the raid on friday, and hopefully get a clear over the weekend, but [it's totally ok if I dont]

----

Also apparently if you do Ada bounties theres a chance to drop a random rare bounty that gives powerful drop as well.

https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...lack_armory_rare_bounty_powerful_gear_reward/

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

You can know what you are getting and still be disappointed. As mainly a solo player with weird hours I rely on match making and quicker activities, stuff that can be done in about 30mins.

This sounded great for me until the lvl reqs, dunno why 1st forge couldn't be the on boarding one. Why not start it at 590 and make one that comes out tomrrow 610 then so on?

The hard core people will finish it anyways, hell there are already 650 people out there. Only hurts people that can't play all day with premade teams. Granted people that play a game all day should get something out of it but isn't that what god rolls, quest weapons, catalyst, titles and all that other stuff is for?

If I could have done the 1st forge at 600 with randos I would have been fine waiting till I slowly get to the req power lvl for rest of them.

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But the only way to see this new content is through grinding old content, which people are tired of doing. I'm tired of the same three quests in the Dreaming City, the same strikes, the same pvp maps and weapons, the same daily missions and public events. Making new content is pointless if the only way to experience it is through grinding before a grind. Bungie totally screwed this up. What happened to respecting our time as players? That lasted three months before they screwed up
I get that, I really do, but if you're tired of all the content in Forsaken and there is quite a lot of it, what were your expectations of black armory?

Did you think BA would replace all of that content with new ones? Even if it replaced some of it, that content would be trivialised in a week, there's already videos of people soloing the current forge.

I understand your frustration about the old and worn content, I really do, but the new delivery is a massive departure from the usual cadence of content drops and this is the growing pains of that, Bungie and the community need to adjust to the new structure and over time the expectations will adjust accordingly. We are still in the Osiris and house of Wolves mindset.

Oct 27, 2017
I get that, I really do, but if you're tired of all the content in Forsaken and there is quite a lot of it, what were your expectations of black armory?

Did you think BA would replace all of that content with new ones? Even if it replaced some of it, that content would be trivialised in a week, there's already videos of people soloing the current forge.

I understand your frustration about the old and worn content, I really do, but the new delivery is a massive departure from the usual cadence of content drops and this is the growing pains of that, Bungie and the community need to adjust to the new structure and over time the expectations will adjust accordingly. We are still in the Osiris and house of Wolves mindset.

Then what did people pay for? This is $5 less than forsaken. All this is saying is please understand we are not going to give you much content because this is different but please pay us? If there really isnt much more to this in the upcoming future then there is going to be a shit show and Bungie really did learn nothing from last year.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Then what did people pay for? This is $5 less than forsaken. All this is saying is please understand we are not going to give you much content because this is different but please pay us? If there really isnt much more to this in the upcoming future then there is going to be a shit show and Bungie really did learn nothing from last year.

It's $35 for 3 of these kind of things, they just drip feed it to you over the rest of the year instead on 2 big drops.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

You paid to not have a content drought for a whole year.

A brand new raid drops tomorrow and a whole new forge the week after that and another one a week after that and new exotic quest to follow. A new exotic step was found in the Forge yesterday.

Step back and see the whole picture.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I believe there needs to be balance between an insane grind and no grind. Personally, I don't think a game should be designed with streamers in mind. To play with friends, you have to keep up and if you fall behind, there will be no one to play with.
No one loathes streamers more than me, see my post history, I've barely cracked 600, trust me I feel your frustration, but in the long run, I feel like having that thing on the horizon to reach is the way to go.

It could be more accessible, but in one week this forge will be trivialised.

Oct 27, 2017
It's $35 for 3 of these kind of things, they just drip feed it to you over the rest of the year instead on 2 big drops.

You paid to not have a content drought for a whole year.

A brand new raid drops tomorrow and a whole new forge the week after that and another one a week after that and new exotic quest to follow. A new exotic step was found in the Forge yesterday.

Step back and see the whole picture.

Lets look at the paid content. Yes we do have a raid and that is cool. But at this point that is really all these are looking to be of substance.

DEC 4,7,18 are just new forges, JAN 8 Looks like something related to another forge. Another quest at the end of Jan. These all look the like live team updates is the thing.

black_armory_calendar.jpg

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Lets look at the paid content. Yes we do have a raid and that is cool. But at this point that really all these are looking to be of substance.

DEC 4,7,18 are just new forges, JAN 8 Looks like something related to another forge. Another quest at the end of Jan. These all look the like live team updates is the thing.

Yes it's all forge stuff this season. 4 of them at least and a dugieon. Again why the 1st one couldn't be a 600 activity then go up 10 with the drop of the next is beyond me.

Next season is some drifter based thing and the season after that prob tied into destiny 3, you don't have to pay again. The $35 covered all of that.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lets look at the paid content. Yes we do have a raid and that is cool. But at this point that is really all these are looking to be of substance.

M8, me thinks ye olde destiny histrionics is at play again here.

The live team never updated the game with new gear, activities and exotic quests every week. Ever.

Once again, stand back, the additions you posted will come week in week out to will last the whole YEAR until Taken Queen, They were explicit about the annual pass being a "no drought" pass.

Ot: could we not have the edit button and the report function in the same space on mobile?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
$35 for content spread across the next 9 months. Which means $3.89 per month.

Which means this week you're seeing like 97 cents worth of content.

Whether that content is enjoyable enough to merit your time is entirely up to you to decide. But I don't think a lot of people have done the math on what they've actually paid for.

Oct 27, 2017
M8, me thinks ye olde destiny histrionics is at play again here.

The live team never updated the game with new gear, activities and exotic quests every week. Ever.

Once again, stand back, the additions you posted will last YEAR until Taken Queen, They were explicit about the annual pass being a "no drought" pass.

Ot: could we not have the edit button and the report function in the same space on mobile?

LOL. Nor is this drip feeding the same content over a month and a half isn't any better. It like them releasing IRL with a new track each week rather than all at once. Except IRL was actually new in the first run. Releasing another forge mode is not new content just because it has matchmaking. Here is the thing the way this is looking the content provided by this pass will be alot less than last years expansion content if they continue this route they are just artificially lengthening it by releasing it weekly if what they have shown so far is any indication just modifications to existing game without any substance.

Oct 27, 2017

Whether that content is enjoyable enough to merit your time is entirely up to you to decide. But I don't think a lot of people have done the math on what they've actually paid for.

I just mapped out the next two months of paid content. Besides the raid it really isn't anything new. Besides some new guns and the raid. Next season will be a modification of gambit. People aren't paying attention.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Should we update the roadmap image when there are hidden things discovered or new dungeons like Whisper or Shattered Throne? Would that increase the value? Get the wallets flying?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So what kind of content should be free, because iyt seems to be arbitrary?

You're acting like someone is trying to scam you (believe me you're not alone in this behaviour).

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
On the brighter side, I finally got another Forsaken legendary, The Two Tailed Fox, is that thing any good?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

I definitely got a dollar worth of fun out of it so far haha

Oct 27, 2017
So what kind of content should be free, because iyt seems to be arbitrary?

You're acting like someone is trying to scam you (believe me you're not alone in this behaviour).

I am talking about the content that is paid for. I am saying this because it seems like Bungie is going light on content and people seem to be ok with it. Bungie promises new activities, the forges are not new activities. So yeah it is starting to feel like misrepresentation.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can´t bring myself to play more of this DLC. Fired it up again this morning, walked around for in the tower for 5 minutes and turned it off again.

I think the idea of doing the infusion dance AGAIN is the most off putting thing for me right now.

I might not have it in me anymore.

Oct 30, 2017
I see spawns in Quicjplay still suck ass. Hate spawning in to only be killed in .01 seconds by a guy pole dancing or kamehameha'ing or Palpatine'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.