• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
There is no reason to pick it up if you are not 600, no. You can still get to 650 without it btw. But if you aren't really playing the game regularly, this isn't really the Kind of Content cycle for you
I guess. I really wish the people I enjoyed playing D2 with in the first place hadn't bounced off it. The new raid definitely looked like fun, but I don't see myself getting into it with randos. And as much as I enjoy the grind (would spend 4 hours on the most mundane shit with vanilla Destiny 1, trying to gear up for VOG before it's launch), that tends to get old at double the rate without friends.

I genuinely hate how much I like Destiny.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
$35 for content spread across the next 9 months. Which means $3.89 per month.

Which means this week you're seeing like 97 cents worth of content.

Whether that content is enjoyable enough to merit your time is entirely up to you to decide. But I don't think a lot of people have done the math on what they've actually paid for.

it doesn´t get better when you break up everything in math...it is the fact that you are back into the grind with the old ways to grind thats fucked up. they should have provided other means to level up, in example: make the first forge a lucrative grind target instead of the old tired weekly milestone stuff.

it is just boring, even with other people...no one is enthusiastic about the grind to level up, come next season when there are another 50 level to grind with the old ways and there will be many people quitting for good

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Come next season they will take the feedback from this season and apply it and alleviate some of the concerns - but they also work on the crucible team coincidentally so, sorry, they're listening

Maybe

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The only info provided is on the roadmap / vidoc. I think it's going to be their attempt to "expand" on Gambit or fix (?????) it, so who knows

I know if its Gambit related I'll be taking a nice 3 month break until Penumbra

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The only info provided is on the roadmap / vidoc. I think it's going to be their attempt to "expand" on Gambit or fix (?????) it, so who knows

I know if its Gambit related I'll be taking a nice 3 month break until Penumbra
Same here lol. I'm still level 556 so there's still a tonne of vanilla D2/D2: Forsaken stuff that I haven't experienced. And considering i'm not a big fan of PvP or Gambit, the annual pass isn't seeming like the best deal in the world for me personally (at least for the next month or so)

I really do hope they either offer the content from the annual pass at a discount later or maybe even bundle it with the next major expansion (not gonna happen I know but still).

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
I believe there needs to be balance between an insane grind and no grind. Personally, I don't think a game should be designed with streamers in mind. To play with friends, you have to keep up and if you fall behind, there will be no one to play with.

Might I interest you in Destiny 2 (2017)?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
150 RPM scouts feel much better now, I'm happy they've fixed them. I got the Season 5 Polaris Lance ornament as well, glad they still use USB-A 3 in Destiny 2 :P

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Might I interest you in Destiny 2 (2017)?
All the complaints right now feel reversed from the ones we saw a year ago. D2 vanilla and CoO were so easy to level up, get exotics, and participate in the endgame activities, and people were talking about how bad and boring that was. Now bungie listened and I guess people who liked it the other way are speaking up. There is no way for bungie to satisfy everyone.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Can´t bring myself to play more of this DLC. Fired it up again this morning, walked around for in the tower for 5 minutes and turned it off again.

I think the idea of doing the infusion dance AGAIN is the most off putting thing for me right now.

I might not have it in me anymore.
The enhancement core grind still needs work to feel actually, fun.

Oct 27, 2017
All the complaints right now feel reversed from the ones we saw a year ago. D2 vanilla and CoO were so easy to level up, get exotics, and participate in the endgame activities, and people were talking about how bad and boring that was. Now bungie listened and I guess people who liked it the other way are speaking up. There is no way for bungie to satisfy everyone.
Of course there is. Release actual new content. I dont think anyone is complaining about new stuff to grind for. The approach needs to change of how to grind for it.

Oct 27, 2017
You think the only difference between then and now is the level grind?

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
You paid to not have a content drought for a whole year.

A brand new raid drops tomorrow and a whole new forge the week after that and another one a week after that and new exotic quest to follow. A new exotic step was found in the Forge yesterday.

Step back and see the whole picture.
And none of that is playable until I spend another 30+ hours grinding old content. Saying there's a new raid is irrelevant if I'm 50 pl below the target, with no way to get there any time soon. By the time I'm even close, it'll be old news.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Idea,

Bungie introduce a 3v3 dance off mode with spectator mode.

You get judged on

Flair

Dopeness

Synchronisation

Freshness

Flow

And

Creativity

This is the only way to unlock forge weapons

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And none of that is playable until I spend another 30+ hours grinding old content. Saying there's a new raid is irrelevant if I'm 50 pl below the target, with no way to get there any time soon. By the time I'm even close, it'll be old news.

The lad I was replying to asked what he was paying for, I simply told him.

You decide your level of participation.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
In a few hours, I hope the TWAB will address the problems with crucible if what dmg04/cozmo said was true in reddit.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Of course there is. Release actual new content. I dont think anyone is complaining about new stuff to grind for. The approach needs to change of how to grind for it.
I'm all for getting rid of power level altogether. I think the game would be better if leveling didn't even exist; current level mechanics could instead be difficulty selection choices similar to those in Halo. I doubt the community at large would go for it though.
You think the only difference between then and now is the level grind?
Nah, new content and game modes were released as well since then. Although when d2 launched there were definitely some people who wanted just more content in the same framework, other people strongly criticized the entire framework of progression as catering to casuals and explicitly asked for "grind" to return. Bungie listened to those people at least for now, and will keep listening unless player numbers drop.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just mapped out the next two months of paid content. Besides the raid it really isn't anything new. Besides some new guns and the raid. Next season will be a modification of gambit. People aren't paying attention.

Nothing new is bullshit and you know it.

If the Shattered Throne is anything to go by a new dungeon will be incredible. ST is some of the best content Destiny has had in it's existence.

A new raid is no small feat, raid content lasts some players weeks and weeks.

3 more forges which is content people specifically asked for. Matchmade Horde modes that have powerful drops.

Then you have the exotic quest for The Last Word and the other quests for the 3 revealed Exotics.

What people are not paying attention?

This was ALWAYS marketed as end game content. Content for players who lap up everything Destiny, At 50pl below target that just isn't you. You are not the target audience here.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017

If the Shattered Throne is anything to go by a new dungeon will be incredible. ST is some of the best content Destiny has had in it's existence.

3 more forges which is content people specifically asked for. Matchmade Horde modes that have powerful drops.

Then you have the exotic quest for The Last Word and the other quests for the 3 revealed Exotics.

This was ALWAYS marketed as end game content. Content for players who lap up everything Destiny, At 50pl below target that just isn't you. You are not the target audience here.
I do think they should lifted the soft cap to 600 or 575 to account for cases like this.

Oct 27, 2017

Are you new to destiny? This is the 5th version of horde mode in the Destiny series. It isnt new so do not pretend it is. I have mentioned the raid already. I know what a raid is and we have no idea what the dungeon will be this time. Is the dungeon paid content this time only? So far nothing new has been released. Your response is of the hopes and dreams variety, that is something bungie seems to miss the mark on often.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a ton of fun with Black Armory in the last two days, and there's only one Forge out now. I managed to get 3 Black Armory weapons and get up to 615 on my main, and my Titan and Warlock quickly jumped to 613 and 611 respectively after swapping weapons and only doing Last Wish on each. This DLC was meant to add to the end game bring a bunch of awesome new gear and it's delivering on that.

I'd say it's well worth the $11.66 it costs. People just can't look at the big picture or admit when they're in the wrong.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you new to destiny? This is the 5th version of horde mode in the Destiny series. It isnt new so do not pretend it is. I have mentioned the raid already. I know what a raid is and we have no idea what the dungeon will be this time. Is the dungeon paid content this time only? So far nothing new has been released. Your response is of the hopes and dreams variety, that is something bungie seems to miss the mark on often.

Are you?

Show me a matchmade horde mode LIKE I SAID

You are saying there's nothing new and it's an outright lie.

Raid
Dungeon
Exotic Quests
4 Forge Arenas with Matchmaking
New weapons and Armor

you can undermine the content as much as you like but it doesn't detract from the hard facts but feel free to continue your salty bullshit about NO CONTENT.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you?

Show me a matchmade horde mode LIKE I SAID

You are saying there's nothing new and it's an outright lie.

Raid
Dungeon
Exotic Quests
4 Forge Arenas with Matchmaking
New weapons and Armor

you can undermine the content as much as you like but it doesn't detract from the hard facts but feel free to continue your salty bullshit about NO CONTENT.

If you took the time to read the last few pages before jumping in on this all of this has been mentioned already by me. Matchmaking makes it new? So I guess bungie can release the raids with full matchmaking and they will be new too? But hey if you are cool with this then that's great. Maybe next season we can get more matchmaking for extra new content. Next time read some more before commenting.

Also: POE was matchmaking btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you took the time to read the last few pages before jumping in on this all of this has been mentioned already by me. Matchmaking makes it new? So I guess bungie can release the raids with full matchmaking and they will be new too? But hey if you are cool with this then that's great. Maybe next season we can get more matchmaking for extra new content. Next time read some more before commenting.

So it's already been mentioned to you but you keep up the "Besides the raid it really isn't anything new." rhetoric?

Matchmaking, The new arenas, the new mechanics, the new loot. Yes that all makes the forges new content and the matchmaking satisfies a community request that has existed since EP.

The entire goal of the AP was the deliver more end game to players. High power activities like the Forges, Raids, Exotic quests and Dungeons are exactly that.

Only parts of PoE had matchmaking and nothing in D2 has it

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Is it a new horde mode? Yeah. Is it like any of the other horde modes? Nope.

You're acting like if all they did was bring back an old mode and slap matchmaking on it. That isn't the case. It's a new twist on a very much enjoyed game type with new rewards and bounties/quests tied in. And people are already discovering new, hidden quests that snuck in with the update. Can you just chill and maybe wait until we actually know more about the new content?

Oct 27, 2017
So it's already been mentioned to you but you keep up the "Besides the raid it really isn't anything new." rhetoric?

Matchmaking, The new arenas, the new mechanics, the new loot. Yes that all makes the forges new content and the matchmaking satisfies a community request that has existed since EP.

The entire goal of the AP was the deliver more end game to players. High power activities like the Forges, Raids, Exotic quests and Dungeons are exactly that.
Is it a new horde mode? Yeah. Is it like any of the other horde modes? Nope.

You're acting like if all they did was bring back an old mode and slap matchmaking on it. That isn't the case. It's a new twist on a very much enjoyed game type with new rewards and bounties/quests tied in. And people are already discovering new, hidden quests that snuck in with the update. Can you just chill and maybe wait until we actually know more about the new content?

Ok fine, I will not say anything more about it.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
*Bungie posts a picture of a flying sparrow*
"Your new ride will come equipped with some very special perks."
*none of those perks include flight*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
the Power Level should never have been raised after 3 months.

We like to customize our characters with our preferred perks, mods and style.

the Power Level raise by 50 just strips away the hardwork of customizing our armor to our liking and just return to juggling with random higher powered armor pieces just to qualify into the Forges

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think my actual main issue is with the 50 level increase after sorting out my character how I like.

Ah well, just have to get on with it.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Same with the "BALANCE CRUCIBLE" contingent.

Oct 27, 2017
So I just completed my 6th Forge Ignition, this time I got an extra drop...the BA chest piece for my Hunter. It dropped as a Powerful Reward (621 PL), does anyone know if this (meaning BA armor drops as Powerful Rewards) can happen more than once a week?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So I just completed my 6th Forge Ignition, this time I got an extra drop...the BA chest piece for my Hunter. It dropped as a Powerful Reward (621 PL), does anyone know if this (meaning BA armor drops as Powerful Rewards) can happen more than once a week?

The only sources for powerful armor I know of are the "rare" bounties you can get by turning in the weeklies from Ana, or completing Ana's weekly milestone itself

Oct 27, 2017

the Power Level raise by 50 just strips away the hardwork of customizing our armor to our liking and just return to juggling with random higher powered armor pieces just to qualify into the Forges
They're telling you basically to stop giving a shit about how your character is decked out or what mods are on the gear. It's moronic game design. They should be making you want to invest in your character(s), but instead they're apparently fine with just having you reset it every few months. It's a good way to get more and more people less interested in the game.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
In a game about finding gear you like and suits your game style the way they punish for using what you like is crazy. Yeah cores are easier to get now (siting on 20 after mwing a few weapons at 600) but that's not enough for a round of upgrades. Prob have to wait for stuff to drop above 625 so I only have to upgrade stuff 2 times (once at 625 then again at 650). At least that way I don't have to worry about being out of cores but that comes at the cost of being able to enjoy the new "content"

Was able to upgrade a few thing without cores, but that's prob it this week.

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they decided to add the RNG element back to mods concerning the BA enhanced mods is about my only complaint other than they really should have put out a simple yet very informative FAQ concerning the new BA vendor/bounties/currencies/mats/rewards, etc as I don't think I would lose anything from the experience in having basic info like this ahead of time. Regarding the former just let me spend the mats/currency to acquire the mods I want/need to use. It's the last place in the game where RNG should be.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't put a single mod in a armor peice all last season.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I didn't put a single mod in a armor peice all last season.
One trick I use is putting a mod into a collection rolled exotic. I can then dismantle the exotic and get back the mod and most of the cost of issuing the exotic out of the collection. Works well.

The problem of course comes in putting mods into random rolled armor... I rarely do that because I don't want to have to dismantle a random roll to get back the mod.

That said, my solution for infusion is pretty much don't infuse. Use max power gear for endgame, use other gear for other activities.

I don't do fashion but I think the same strategy could work - use max power gear with random rolls for the Forge, just keep using your fashion perfect set for every other activity in the game. DIM makes it easy to switch as you could define your fashion armor as a loadout.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My only complaint is the lck of vendor refresh. Forsaken was shallow loot-wise, BA was the chance to revitalise that pool.

So far it doesn't even look like they tried

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't equip any armor mods or even masterwork any of my armor pieces. Doesn't seem worth it like it does with guns.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
18 bosses later, I got my Ikelos Shotgun! Just in time for it's nerf!

(please tell me it's still worth using...)

Status
Not open for further replies.