• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
18 bosses later, I got my Ikelos Shotgun! Just in time for it's nerf!

(please tell me it's still worth using...)

It's still one of the best guns in the game, but instead of 3 seconds of straight beast mode you only get 3 shots, so you can just keep melee the enemy to reapply Trench Barrel. It's still a really good PVE shotgun, and the raid will assumingly bring forth a kinetic version to use to at least offer some kind of variety into the game

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
It's still one of the best guns in the game, but instead of 3 seconds of straight beast mode you only get 3 shots, so you can just keep melee the enemy to reapply Trench Barrel. It's still a really good PVE shotgun, and the raid will assumingly bring forth a kinetic version to use to at least offer some kind of variety into the game
I see, even though I can't beat it, I found it to be a great against blue enemies in the forge so far.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
the Power Level should never have been raised after 3 months.

We like to customize our characters with our preferred perks, mods and style.

the Power Level raise by 50 just strips away the hardwork of customizing our armor to our liking and just return to juggling with random higher powered armor pieces just to qualify into the Forges
Yeah, I think my actual main issue is with the 50 level increase after sorting out my character how I like.

Ah well, just have to get on with it.
Sorting out my fashion, and mods I guess, is a big motivator for me to hit max PL so it works for me haha.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
The core complaints remind me of the weapon parts complaints of D1... Neither seem to be a problem to me.

Are people trying to infuse/mw everything or something? My favorite guns I'll fully masterwork and same goes for my favorite gear/infusing... But I always seem to be sitting on plenty just from playing normally. I bet if i went out of my way to do more of those scrap bounties (i often delete these as i get them) and visited spider daily i'd be sitting on a mountain of cores.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The core complaints remind me of the weapon parts complaints of D1... Neither seem to be a problem to me.

Are people trying to infuse/mw everything or something? My favorite guns I'll fully masterwork and same goes for my favorite gear/infusing... But I always seem to be sitting on plenty just from playing normally. I bet if i went out of my way to do more of those scrap bounties (i often delete these as i get them) and visited spider daily i'd be sitting on a mountain of cores.

Had like 60ish cores when started to get lvl 600 drops, mw my fav 2 weapons and lvled up a sent and had like 6 left over. That mountain erodes quickly if chases PL. Going to try and hold off till stuff drops at 625 before I infuse (up to 20 cores again).

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a lot recently but what is the best activity for moving up some light levels? I'm 558 at the moment so can't get the best out of the Black Armoury.

My favourite mode is Crucible so hopefully that is a reliable way to level up.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a lot recently but what is the best activity for moving up some light levels? I'm 558 at the moment so can't get the best out of the Black Armoury.

My favourite mode is Crucible so hopefully that is a reliable way to level up.

Milestones, the flashy thing on map. Biggest gains will be stuff from dreaming city and the random prime engrams u find while playing.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
|OT3| Forged in the grind

Confession: I don't have a clue what pinnacle weapons are and how to start those quests.

Also played nothing but powerful events again last night, move another 2 levels. 604. Fuck this is slow.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For pinnacle weapons speak with Shaxx, Zavala and Drifter

Beyond the bounties? You mean the locked weapons below the bounties? I guess I've been lacking in that area, some of those seem really shitty solo e.g. nightfall.

EDIT: Also a lot of them aren't really my thing e.g. I don't like fusion rifles or sidearms. I wish they'd buff Wish Ender, all that work for a mid tier weapon really.

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond the bounties? You mean the locked weapons below the bounties? I guess I've been lacking in that area, some of those seem really shitty solo e.g. nightfall.

EDIT: Also a lot of them aren't really my thing e.g. I don't like fusion rifles or sidearms. I wish they'd buff Wish Ender, all that work for a mid tier weapon really.

I haven't gotten Load Question, the fusion rifle, but the other two aren't sidearms. The Gambit Auto is basically one of the best primary guns in the game, and it's only legendary too. Also you don't need to do any Nightfalls for the fusion, it can be any regular strike. Other than the Crucible one requiring fable in comp, they are mostly designed as some things you can work towards over the entire season without too much work.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't gotten Load Question, the fusion rifle, but the other two aren't sidearms. The Gambit Auto is basically one of the best primary guns in the game, and it's only legendary too. Also you don't need to do any Nightfalls for the fusion, it can be any regular strike.

Nice, thx.. I got an exotic auto rifle for primary last night, it's poor at range in crucible but I'm digging it so far. Trouble is I love my Wish Ender and having to swap it out sucks.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
BWU https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47518
For some of you the enemies guarding the Lost Forges are immune to your weapons. We promised more details for players who are still working their way up to 600 and beyond. Here is what we have planned to help you move more quickly up to 600.
  • Prime engrams will now drop more frequently and with larger power bumps for players under 600 Power
This change is planned to land in the 2.1.2 update on December 11. We are also considering additional changes to assist with the Power climb in a future update. We will continue to monitor your feedback on Season of the Forge as it continues.

Longer Q&A
Joe: Hello again, my friends! Hamrick here to answer some hot community questions we have seen and give you a quick glimpse into what Sandbox is working on for the rest of the year and on into 2019.

While we have those hot questions coming right up, I just wanted to take a second to call out something you may have noticed. Instead of building up to one or two massive patches a year, we have transitioned to shipping smaller batches of changes much more frequently. We hope that this new approach will allow us to remain more agile than we have been in the past and allow us to shake up the meta a bit on more frequent intervals. We hope that a year from now we can all look back on this new way of working and agree that it was very successful. Alright, enough of my rambling, onward, to the questions!

Can you buff snipers? We would really like flinch to be reduced and to have more lower zoom scopes.
Snipers are definitely one of the archetypes we are actively looking at and making changes to. For example, later in January, Rapid-fire snipers will be moving to a two-shot body kill. Additionally, we are considering allowing more snipers to be able to one-shot supers on headshots in a future patch.

Lower zoom scopes do exist in the game, but have not been particularly prevalent with post-Forsaken weapons and have been largely limited to a few weapons (ie., The Supremacy), but we'll be increasing the number of them in the game as we move forward.

We don't currently have plans to alter sniper flinch any more at this time, but we will continue to keep an eye on your feedback.

Nova Warp??????????????????????????????
Yup, the Nova Warp super is too dominant right now and we are planning to tweak it. It's currently slated to land with a patch coming in late January.

Spectral Blades hit detection feels much more consistent. Can sentinel and other melees get the same treatment?
We definitely want all melee supers to feel as good and reliable as possible. This is something we are still looking into.

A lot of the pre-forsaken subclasses feel underpowered now. Can they get buffed?
Yes! We have some planned buffs coming to older subclass paths in the patch currently slated for late January, but we are already looking ahead to what we'd like to do in patches further down the line. We will be regularly looking into tuning subclass content to ensure that there's a healthy balance of viable choices in all activities. We use a combination of data and community feedback to track the right things to fix, so please continue to surface which choices feel the least viable to help guide us.

Any changes to the top exotics being used in the Crucible like One Eyed Mask, Shards of Galanor, etc.?
These exotics get talked about quite a bit and while I don't have any immediate incoming changes to share, I expect that they will be getting looked at in the future.

Telesto is currently besto. Can you tone it down or move it to the Power slot?
Late in January you will find that Telesto's bolts-to-kill will now match its charge rate, where it was previously doing more damage than other fusion rifles of its type. That said, due to it being affected less by damage falloff due to its explosive nature, it will still be more consistent than fusion rifles of the same charge rate. Worth noting, PvE damage will be increased to keep parity there. Once we see how these changes land, we can decide if and what to do next. The goal still being to buff where we can, but when we have to nerf, you're going to find us trying to inch down instead of going nuclear… at least as much as we can.

Scouts Rifles still feel weak in both PVP and PVE. Can they come up?
This is another archetype we are looking at and I would currently expect to see changes show up in future patches.

Could SMGs get a non-precision damage buff?
We just recently buffed the range on SMG's to make them more competitive. We'll be monitoring the data and feedback for a bit to help us decided where to take them next. If we find that they still aren't good enough, we will be happy to buff them further.

Can Fusion Rifles get buffed? Maybe longer range or higher damage to combat shotguns?
This is another archetype we are looking at and I would currently expect to see changes show up in future patches. We did bring up the damage of Rapid Fire Fusion Rifles in 2.1.0 last week.

Any plans to adjust Wavesplitter?
It's not at the top of our list but we do intend to take a look at it. First we want to look at the global ammo economy for trace rifles in PvP, and then we can take a look at Wavesplitter's effectiveness.

Titan skating is rampant on PC. Do you plan to remove it?
We'd like to fix this, however, we're being careful about how we do so because it's so closely tied to the core feel of the Lift ability. In other words, we don't want a Titan skating fix to change the way the Lift ability feels for all players. We'd love to have a simple fix to this issue we could roll out immediately, but this one is going to take us a while to land on something solid.

To recap, we want to roll out smaller batches of patches more frequently. We want to bring things up whenever possible, but when we do need to bring something down, we are going to try and inch it down and into the correct location. And finally, there is a patch coming, currently slated for late January, where we expect you to see some changes coming to things like Rapid-fire snipers, Telesto, Nova Warp and pre-Forsaken subclasses… And we have much more planned for the months ahead.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got two exotic engrams to drop this week so far one was a Hardlight (which I didn't have) and the other was this bad boy from playing through a strike to grind for Loaded Question.
2s866ux.png

Pretty pleased that I got two exotics that weren't dupes.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
The forge machine gun is pretty terrible....yikes. Got a feeling it's going to be that way for the most part for all these legendaries.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So did they finally do something about exotic dupes or am I just extremely lucky? Got this a few minutes ago from blind well.
8z1ttj.png

2nd exotic I got today that wasn't a dupe.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I got two exotics from Gambit earlier this week. They both dropped during the middle of the match. One dropped on Monday and the other dropped on Tuesday. Looks like they increased the drop rate?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got my Shards of Galanor today finally!
My Hunter should end up being 620 tomorrow with a few more decent drops. Raid here I come

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we waiting for another 2 more months for PvP change and taking feedback when it should have been taken care of at the start of season 5 after all the feedback during season 4? Man, fuck the sandbox team and fuck hamwick.

Dec 2, 2017
Why are we waiting for another 2 more months for PvP change and taking feedback when it should have been taken care of at the start of season 5 after all the feedback during season 4? Man, fuck the sandbox team and fuck hamwick.
In all honesty PvP was amazing up until a few weeks before the season ended and everybody got Luna's, figured out super exploits & all the casuals bailed.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Whats new around here?

Happy they fixed Morgeth, the challenge this week is super easy as well.

Also thanks goes out to Kadey , those comp runs were pretty fun and helped me get my Luna last season. Did you and Alegome end up grinding out NF?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty PvP was amazing up until a few weeks before the season ended and everybody got Luna's, figured out super exploits & all the casuals bailed.
One Eye Mask have been overpowered since the start, same for novawarp. Its been a damn headache going against these overpowered things for 3 months only for bungie to slap your face some more by saying novawarp won't get changed until 2/3 into a season and One Eye Mask have just started being look into which means that stupid exotic won't get nerfed until late season 6. It should not take 5 fucking months to fix something.

Last edited:

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the Forge at LL 605. Not the best roll on the LMG but at least I can do the other bounty and stuff!

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I honestly feel liberated not playing Destiny.

It's not just the grinding to me. I wouldn't even having to grind 100k kills for weapons if need be if there were more entertaining things to do. The game is only as good as it's population dictates. See even if you are in the minority when it comes to the barriers and such within the game, it affects so many other people. And because of that, those people can't join you for certain activities and it just creates a trickle down effect. I am one of those people that can play the PVP all the time but Bungie isn't helping me out by driving so many players away.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
now that i have done the Forge multiple times, i gotta say, this shit is underwhelming as fuck

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, the crucible just got a whole lot better!

PI2bYdk.jpg

full choke and range masterwork aside, that's a pretty bad roll. go spend 20 minutes farming the pathfinder's crash lost sector and you'll have a better one

edit - sorry that might have come out unnecessarily and unintentionally harsh

Last edited:

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I just noticed yesterday, that the Black Armory vendor sells Mod Components, and it's total bullshit that getting the rarest material in the game more easily is locked behind the annual pass. Just like getting Masterwork Cores from Spider was locked behind Forsaken DLC.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I just noticed yesterday, that the Black Armory vendor sells Mod Components, and it's total bullshit that getting the rarest material in the game more easily is locked behind the annual pass. Just like getting Masterwork Cores from Spider was locked behind Forsaken DLC.

What does he charge?

Anyway so glad to see Bungie is apparently getting over their nerf phobia to a degree IE telesto, Warp etc.

The goal still being to buff where we can, but when we have to nerf, you're going to find us trying to inch down instead of going nuclear… at least as much as we can.

This is good. That was one of my main issues with Bungie before, not with nerfs but that they always tended to utterly destroy anything they nerfed. When it would make more sense to tone it down bit by bit, seeing how each change goes. Of course that's partly a problem tied to too-infrequent balance updates...

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Man, dupe protection is a fucking myth. I'm still missing a bunch of exotics, but I keep getting dupes. I'm 2 for 2 today.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
....anyway

what time does the Raid go live?
For those among you who accept the challenge of becoming the world's first Fireteam to conquer the Scourge of the Past, set your alarms and prep your fireteams. Scourge of the Past will unlock in the EDZ map tomorrow (12/7) at 9 AM PST. Players waiting in Orbit who do not see this activity become available in their Director may need to log out and back in after 9 AM.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47518

Waldini

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn ... this is the most boring.. grind-fest DLC ever.

Hey! Here's new content, but first ... grind the same old shit for 2 more weeks untill you are able to actually do anything in the 1st Forge.
I love the way the weapons look ... but damn, this time-gated nonsense has to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.