• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Did people already bail out on Forges? Because I keep getting single or doubles at most in matchmaking.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Did people already bail out on Forges? Because I keep getting single or doubles at most in matchmaking.
Seems to be a combination of it being too hard for 600 and people leaving because others are "low" LL. The latter is pretty dumb, why those people not use LFG to find others with higher LL is beyond me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Starting new quests by travelling to spider only to have to immediately travel back to the tower is really crappy design.

I don't know why they make us do this kind of thing still...

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Starting new quests by travelling to spider only to have to immediately travel back to the tower is really crappy design.

I don't know why they make us do this kind of thing still...
Game desperately needs a quest log. I honestly didn't even notice the BA quest in my inventory. Hopefully in Destiny 3.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be a combination of it being too hard for 600 and people leaving because others are "low" LL. The latter is pretty dumb, why those people not use LFG to find others with higher LL is beyond me.

They're not leaving, the game just keeps dropping me into solo instances. I can run with couple of low 600s, but I'm not doing it solo, not with the fucked up ammo economy in D2.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
What comes after you beat the Forge for the first time? Doing it again and again with the unlocked bounties from Ada? No quest steps or anything beyond it? Curious what the next steps are.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Woot blind well works again! 4 exotics (3 on one account 1 on the other) in less then 24hrs. Bonus 3 of them were new things!

If infused stuff I'd be 611 now, but the core hoarder in me says to wait for the 625 drops. See ya in 3 weeks forge (even though got to round 3 at 603).

demi

Oct 27, 2017
What comes after you beat the Forge for the first time? Doing it again and again with the unlocked bounties from Ada? No quest steps or anything beyond it? Curious what the next steps are.

You unlock Ada, and get the option to do some more powerful drops.

Today, another forge is unlocked so there will probably be more to briefly do.

Nov 14, 2017
I don't know if I can take this grind anymore. Did all of my weekly shit on my Hunter, and I gained a whopping two light levels. My one Prime Engram gave me a 605, but all of my Powerful Engrams gave me 601 or 602. I've been playing quite a lot, and I didn't hit 600 until two weeks ago. Now I get to keep grinding the same content I've been doing for months before I can even reasonably attempt the small amount of new content I spent money on. Then when I finally get enough gear, I get to grind the mind-numbingly boring Forges.
Getting into this thread late because I've been grinding all week, but I don't see how you did all your weekly powerful gear and only went up 2 power. The raid by itself will do that, then when you do lower power stuff / DC that all starts dropping at +1 or 2 over that increaed light, meaning you get to just over 610 on one char. You then do the forge which gives you a guaranteed heavy, then energy, then armour, all at like +8, which is another 2 or 3 power.

Everyone I know who has been playing this went up by at least 10 of they actually did all their powerful gear.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
You unlock Ada, and get the option to do some more powerful drops.

Today, another forge is unlocked so there will probably be more to briefly do.
Do I have to do the Forge Machine gun/Auto rifle bounty to progress her weekly milestone? Is the weekly bounty for completing 7 dailies the only way to get Ballistic logs?
I've only finished it once so far and struggle to finish it again.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The weeklies are the only way to get ballistic logs which let you buy the powerful drop guns. Once you complete a powerful drop gun, it becomes just "another gun" that you can buy with the items you get from regular bounties.

You must complete two guns to do her weekly but with the addition of a new forge who knows how it works. Will people who did the weeklies get screwed and unable to make a gun at the new forge? Stay tuned to find out

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Would be hilarious if people get locked out of powerful bounty drop from second forge if they completed the first one, especially if the new gun is that primary Ikelos shotty.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Do I have to do the Forge Machine gun/Auto rifle bounty to progress her weekly milestone? Is the weekly bounty for completing 7 dailies the only way to get Ballistic logs?
I've only finished it once so far and struggle to finish it again.

She has another bounty that gives you a Ballistic log for completing the forge twice, also you can rebuy a weapon frame for the modulus reports after you finish it once and it'll be a slightly easier grind because it skips the first few steps and that will also count towards the progress.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
They're not leaving, the game just keeps dropping me into solo instances. I can run with couple of low 600s, but I'm not doing it solo, not with the fucked up ammo economy in D2.
Pretty sure the matchmaking there isn't quite polished. I've had lots of weird issues with it as well.

Getting into this thread late because I've been grinding all week, but I don't see how you did all your weekly powerful gear and only went up 2 power. The raid by itself will do that, then when you do lower power stuff / DC that all starts dropping at +1 or 2 over that increaed light, meaning you get to just over 610 on one char. You then do the forge which gives you a guaranteed heavy, then energy, then armour, all at like +8, which is another 2 or 3 power.

Everyone I know who has been playing this went up by at least 10 of they actually did all their powerful gear.
Depends on RNG. If you get all your drops in just a few slots, you're not going to go up by much. Though you'd have to get particularly screwed if you only manage to go up by 2 after doing EVERYTHING.

Nov 14, 2017
Pretty sure the matchmaking there isn't quite polished. I've had lots of weird issues with it as well.

Depends on RNG. If you get all your drops in just a few slots, you're not going to go up by much. Though you'd have to get particularly screwed if you only manage to go up by 2 after doing EVERYTHING.
There are 30+ powerful gear rewards to do every week; more now with the forge. To only go up by 3 power, you'd have to have runs where you were getting +1 drops in a row on the same slot over and over. Firstly, the drops aren't actually random, they are weighted; secondly a few of the drops are always at least +3 or +4 even at 600.

It is literally impossible to only go up by a couple of power if you do all your powerful gear rewards on one char. I don't believe it happened.

Whenever I've been dumped in solo I've usually had at least one person join by the end of the first wave. Actually playing last night I ended up getting matched with a friend; I think people are just scared of the forge at the moment. When I was still 620 I was using LFG to make sure I didn't get matched with players beneath 615, but now that I'm 637 I don't care as I can solo it to the boss, by which time other players will have joined. Even with three 615+ though it's pretty easy though. I've seen people stress about strats and using well / whisper /etc, but as long as you're all 615+ it doesn't matter.

Hi, no you are not the only one here. My squad has been getting that bread the past two days. Going to finish character 2 up and start #3 today after work.

I will be at work to watch the raid on friday, and hopefully get a clear over the weekend, but [it's totally ok if I dont]

----

Also apparently if you do Ada bounties theres a chance to drop a random rare bounty that gives powerful drop as well.

https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...lack_armory_rare_bounty_powerful_gear_reward/
Like, seriously. I'm reserving judgement until after the raid, but so far this is shaping up to be the best December update in Destiny's history. Also, I got that rare Forge bounty and ended up staying awake until 8:30am when I was planning on getting to sleep at 7. I got two more primes while farming it too! Unfortunately they were all more weapons. All my weapons now are 640 or above, but I have a chest at 629 dragging me down to 637 😿

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The raid & new forge should unlock on reset in a couple hours. I'll be watching my boy Gladd at work, with how fast people leveled up by hoarding powerfuls or farming primes, I expect this raid to go down pretty quickly.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
There are 30+ powerful gear rewards to do every week; more now with the forge. To only go up by 3 power, you'd have to have runs where you were getting +1 drops in a row on the same slot over and over. Firstly, the drops aren't actually random, they are weighted; secondly a few of the drops are always at least +3 or +4 even at 600.

It is literally impossible to only go up by a couple of power if you do all your powerful gear rewards on one char. I don't believe it happened.
Ah! Didn't realize the drops were weighted to slots.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
The raid & new forge should unlock on reset in a couple hours. I'll be watching my boy Gladd at work, with how fast people leveled up by hoarding powerfuls or farming primes, I expect this raid to go down pretty quickly.
I have a final in 3 hours. I'm so sad I won't get to watch Gladd rip apart this raid.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
The clan I run is painfully inactive these days. Are any other clans interested in joining forces? Shoot me a pm on psn, StrykerIsland.

ninjamonkey26

Oct 30, 2017
I'm unaware of any unintentional sacrifices I've made at the altar of RNGesus, but he has seen fit to look down upon me and smile, then opened the floodgates to loot heaven O_O... I also had the misfortune of participating in the longest queenswalk failathon I've ever been thru but that's another story.

So from only one successful raid and several unsuccessful forge runs I walked away with:

Supremacy (Snapshot & Outlaw)
Curated Nation of Beast
Ursa (BEAR ARMS) Furiosa
Black Talon
One-Eyed Mask
Scored the Forsaken Exotic collection trophy

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Dattos team gonna be so try hard. They really really choked last go around. Should have made it to the hearts run with a multiple hour lead.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Gigz seems to be the furthest so far. Gladd and Datto still on the first encounter. Goth's team still hasn't gotten Broman back in yet. Seriously screw the dude that did that to them.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Broman is the only one that is still being targeted. Hopefully he gets it worked out soon, because the team is trying to 5-man the first encounter.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Gladd is overthinking this and making it difficult, they do this a lot unfortunately

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Goth's team just 5-manned it. Datto's past it as well. Why is Gladd having such an issue?

Deceptikons

Oct 27, 2017
Woot blind well works again! 4 exotics (3 on one account 1 on the other) in less then 24hrs. Bonus 3 of them were new things!

If infused stuff I'd be 611 now, but the core hoarder in me says to wait for the 625 drops. See ya in 3 weeks forge (even though got to round 3 at 603).
Wow!! Im insanely jealous. Haven't had a exotic drop in a little over a month, I did get geomag stabilizers today though!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Bit the bullet and purchased Forsaken. The Director prompted me to head to Mars for "Warmind" missions. Keep in mind I'm coming off of year 1, Osiris stuff so my LL is 330 and level is 25. The game is even prettier than I remember but looks like I need to be level 30 at least to actually start the Forsaken stuff, right?

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bit the bullet and purchased Forsaken. The Director prompted me to head to Mars for "Warmind" missions. Keep in mind I'm coming off of year 1, Osiris stuff so my LL is 330 and level is 25. The game is even prettier than I remember but looks like I need to be level 30 at least to actually start the Forsaken stuff, right?
You might as well knock out the warmind missions. They're needed to get sleeper simulant which is one of the most powerful exotics.

I believe you can use a level boost that comes with forsaken to skip them though.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I believe that's the case. If you really wanted to skip the Warmind story (it's fairly short, but fun) you can use your Spark of Light to bring your character up to Forsaken levels. The Spark of Light comes with Forsaken and should be available on your character selection screen. Honestly, I'd just go through the Warmind stuff.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
3 teams on what I assume is the final boss. Gigz, GernaderJake, and Goth. Gigz has been on it the longest. Most health they've taken away from it is about a quarter of its health.

Edit: Scratch that. Gigz team has it slightly below half as of now.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
No way should Gigz team lose this unless they just consistently fuck up. They have the mechanics down and their damage is really good. Tired of Redeem winning, so I do hope Gigz team manages to close this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.