• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I wanna know

Equip MIDA Multi Tool.

Alright I did it! I'm so proud of myself.

It's too bad Leviathan's time has passed or I might spend some time by myself learning the underbelly. I always got lost in a group in there.

So is there a best practice for fastest way to get step 2, the glimmering amethyst anyone? I know there were some comments I'll go back and read but just wondering if it's been updated.

Last edited:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I know I complain a shitton, but one thing I'm going to add to that pile is they need to go ahead and change how you get the powerful frames finished. All the steps are fine, but having to go to the tower to talk to ada to then go to the forge to start it is kinda blah. Why must we have to sit through 3 loading screens to start finally getting the gun.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe one of the steps for the sniper is completing a rare bounty. Whoever made these quests in BA should never be allowed near them again.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I know I complain a shitton, but one thing I'm going to add to that pile is they need to go ahead and change how you get the powerful frames finished. All the steps are fine, but having to go to the tower to talk to ada to then go to the forge to start it is kinda blah. Why must we have to sit through 3 loading screens to start finally getting the gun.

Doesn't help Borgosia or whatever is like 5 miles from the nearest spawn...geez.

Also it's no joke at least at first.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Nagi Zagi. Just killed a lost sector boss in one shot. TO THE PVP.

You only get an emblem and triumph for completing the datapad

Is it a cool emblem at least?

Hilarious that that is the final secret. I know the real reward is the sniper, but the talking trash can built that shit up with her dialogue.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get the Jotunn, but only did one frame. Bergusia is available to all characters at least, so I can take all my other characters there to do their frames instead

For the Datapad, you need to have all black armory armor & weapons (probably why shes now selling the forge polymer) to complete it - along with izanagi's burden sniper.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Jötunn is a boatload of fun,
Top Tree DawnBlade is the best subclass for this weapon.

The Black Armory Key doesn't drop for me when I shoot the drones in Burgosia, is that a bug?

Dec 2, 2017
For those waiting for the Aztecross word, he wasted no time:

It's beautiful. This looks like the Last Word of snipers. That fat reticle *French chef finger kiss*

The exotics & raid are kind of redeeming Black Armory for me.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've not had as much fun in PVP then I am right now. This sniper is amazing. I can't shut the fuck up about it.
For those waiting for the Aztecross word, he wasted no time:

It's beautiful. This looks like the Last Word of snipers. That fat reticle *French chef finger kiss*

The exotics & raid are kind of redeeming Black Armory for me.

I've never had more fun in PVP until using this weapon. It's amazing.

Has fantastic stability as well. Killed many a shotgun rusher with it.

Dec 2, 2017
I've not had as much fun in PVP then I am right now. This sniper is amazing. I can't shut the fuck up about it.

I've never had more fun in PVP until using this weapon. It's amazing.

Has fantastic stability as well. Killed many a shotgun rusher with it.
"Its exotic perk is it's usable in PvP." Sounds like it might become the first sniper to be an actual part of the meta. (Shout outs to Borealis tho).

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's talking about new exotics but I finally got a Rampage/Outlaw Duke 44 with Range masterwork

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
for those that don't want to input codes into leviathan you can run all the way to castellum, punch the locked door that leads to baths (first door on the left), then run back out to the entrance of leviathan,

as soon as you get out the main door walk right and jump into the pool of water. you'll spawn in the underbelly

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
for those that don't want to input codes into leviathan you can run all the way to castellum, punch the locked door that leads to baths (first door on the left), then run back out to the entrance of leviathan,

as soon as you get out the main door walk right and jump into the pool of water. you'll spawn in the underbelly
Could we have this in video form?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I can't believe one of the steps for the sniper is completing a rare bounty. Whoever made these quests in BA should never be allowed near them again.

This is par for the course since Forsaken: access to dreaming city required the ether event, unlocking the forges required public events, triumphs require rng items..they are padding the content, nothing new to Destiny as a whole, remember the original Sleeper Simulant quest in D1

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
oh lawd i made the mistake of putting back on my swift ride with mid zoom scope...

it's so good *cries*

with rampage it two taps all day long. and more range than blast furnace with a short scope.

i think the punch was a needless step iirc. it's just run in that triggers this.

though i've never done it i recall the discussion.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
So... With the TLW still to come, is BA still the worst thing ever made by human hands?

Honestly, BA has been one of my favorite periods of Destiny after a retail release in the franchises history. Yes, it does have its downsides, but so much of them can be attributed to growing pains. All in all, a lot of lessons they learned from prior expansion/content deployments were applied here to great effect

>Not owning the AP only resulted in you being unable to equip BA-labelled gear or enter the new raid. The new holiday event was available to all players.
>All players got to enjoy the Light level bump, even though they didn't own the AP, resulting in a much less split playerbase than earlier attempts at releasing major content throughout the year.
>Almost all of the content BA added was, in a way, to reinvigorate the meta-gameplay loops that are the endgame of Forsaken.
> Some of the guns introduced in BA are incredible, from Hammerhead to Blast Furnace, and now from Jouten to Izanagi's Burden.
> They added new mods as a part of BA, and the mods are actually really solid additions to the weapon mod pool.

A traditional campaign would've simply been a waste - the campaign stuff from CoO or any of the D1 Y1 expansion campaigns were all ass. In fact, the only campaign I found compelling from a player engagement point of view was what they did in Forsaken, which seems to be a direction they want to continue developing in because even though BA didn't have a traditional campaign or story, there was a story in it that players could discover.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still deeply sad/disappointed that they unlocked the forge early. Niobe's Torment needs a few tweaks (honestly just checkpoints really) and it would have been fine.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I liked BA quite a bit, it felt like nice mix of casual and hardcore. I'm quite casual, play maybe an hour a day maybe 2 and got everything except the raid weapons (and the new forge obviously) . On top of the season changes and pinical weapons and the winter event I think it's been a great time to just switch off and listen to podcasts and play.

Outside of a throw away 1 to 2 hour compaign being missing I don't have to many complaints. It feels about on par with Coo but with foundation of forsaken to make it better. Which is about what I expected. For the price I'm happy with my annual pass purchase if by the end, after bungie adapts, it more of this but better.

I can see my self enjoying the annual pass content more then vanilla d2 season pass.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, BA has been one of my favorite periods of Destiny after a retail release in the franchises history. Yes, it does have its downsides, but so much of them can be attributed to growing pains. All in all, a lot of lessons they learned from prior expansion/content deployments were applied here to great effect

>Not owning the AP only resulted in you being unable to equip BA-labelled gear or enter the new raid. The new holiday event was available to all players.
>All players got to enjoy the Light level bump, even though they didn't own the AP, resulting in a much less split playerbase than earlier attempts at releasing major content throughout the year.
>Almost all of the content BA added was, in a way, to reinvigorate the meta-gameplay loops that are the endgame of Forsaken.
> Some of the guns introduced in BA are incredible, from Hammerhead to Blast Furnace, and now from Jouten to Izanagi's Burden.
> They added new mods as a part of BA, and the mods are actually really solid additions to the weapon mod pool.

A traditional campaign would've simply been a waste - the campaign stuff from CoO or any of the D1 Y1 expansion campaigns were all ass. In fact, the only campaign I found compelling from a player engagement point of view was what they did in Forsaken, which seems to be a direction they want to continue developing in because even though BA didn't have a traditional campaign or story, there was a story in it that players could discover.

I liked BA quite a bit, it felt like nice mix of casual and hardcore. I'm quite casual, play maybe an hour a day maybe 2 and got everything except the raid weapons (and the new forge obviously) . On top of the season changes and pinical weapons and the winter event I think it's been a great time to just switch off and listen to podcasts and play.

Outside of a throw away 1 to 2 hour compaign being missing I don't have to many complaints. It feels about on par with Coo but with foundation of forsaken to make it better. Which is about what I expected. For the price I'm happy with my annual pass purchase if by the end, after bungie adapts, it more of this but better.

I can see my self enjoying the annual pass content more then vanilla d2 season pass.
A lot of people still unable to reconcile the instant gratification they got with the past dlc systems.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Nice posts, completely agree. For me BA has been the perfect complement to coming off the back of Forsaken.

Waldini

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You could be me and have the Super Charged rare bounty which requires you to complete 50 rounds of forge.

Got this one too. Currently at ... 16/50 iirc.
Which, is great. Because now, all my spare time I have to game will be me in the Forge.
After that, wonder around in the Shattered Throne ... because that will close next reset.

Anyway, Bergusia Forge is here. Shame it renders the other 3 Forges completly useless. Because you can now Forge a Frame (any frame) in it...

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
During a run of stupid decisions from Bungie, this rare bounty one is possibly the worst. I've never even seen one, let alone finish it - let alone save it for this bullshit. That's the stage I'm at of my content progression, and now... What, I grind? Glad I have an infinite amount of time oh no wait.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Uh I got this stupid bug on my Warlock again where my other two powerful frames disappeared from Ada's inventory after I completed my first. That's one less chance at Jotunn. Bungie really needs to fix that shit.

Got my Nagi Zagi. Just killed a lost sector boss in one shot. TO THE PVP.

Is it a cool emblem at least?

Hilarious that that is the final secret. I know the real reward is the sniper, but the talking trash can built that shit up with her dialogue.

Yea I think it's pretty cool looking.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bungie has the worst quest design - requiring a rare bounty was a horrible decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.