• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
The on boarding for Black Armory wasn't great. I got to 560-ish and stopped playing Forsaken. Black Armory dropped, I picked up the game again, and I finally reached 609 this week which should be enough to do the first forge. I tried 4 times to play it and only got 2 other players the last attempt. People just aren't playing the first forge anymore, which means I likely never will get past any BA stuff. Back to grinding the same old stuff like flashpoints and Petra weeklies. :/

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Best thing about Bergusia is the ability to take any frames there. Never want to do Gofannon again for farming frames.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I definitely think Bungie needs to do something about that rare bounty requirement. If you're not lucky then you're potentially gated for 3 weeks to get the Izanagi's Burden as the Shattered Throne step comes after having to turn in a rare bounty. Bungie should've never tied an RNG bounty and a timed activity behind this quest. I saved a rare bounty I had, but I know not everybody did that.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can't believe one of the steps for the sniper is completing a rare bounty. Whoever made these quests in BA should never be allowed near them again.
During a run of stupid decisions from Bungie, this rare bounty one is possibly the worst. I've never even seen one, let alone finish it - let alone save it for this bullshit. That's the stage I'm at of my content progression, and now... What, I grind? Glad I have an infinite amount of time oh no wait.
Bungie has the worst quest design - requiring a rare bounty was a horrible decision.
I definitely think Bungie needs to do something about that rare bounty requirement. If you're not lucky then you're potentially gated for 3 weeks to get the Izanagi's Burden as the Shattered Throne step comes after having to turn in a rare bounty. Bungie should've never tied an RNG bounty and a timed activity behind this quest. I saved a rare bounty I had, but I know not everybody did that.
FWIW, Reddit is reporting that rare bounties can be farmed from the Bergusia Forge. So with the last Forge now open it's not as hard to get a rare bounty as it used to be.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/aefv2c/can_confirm_rare_bounties_drop_from_doing/

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Is this shotgun a keeper for PVP? Good Bone Structure with Fullbore (+range) Accurized Rounds (more +range) Opening Shot (+range and accuracy on opening shot) and Threat Detector (increased handling, stability and reload speed when in close proximity to enemies). Also has Range Masterwork option.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think you guys are going to like Burden when you get it. But..how do I say this. It's not Whisper. It's not going to change how you feel about snipers in PvP. If you aren't accurate with them now, you're not going to find yourself racking up kills because you unlocked this one. It feels good and its recoil is similar to DARCI (a good thing) and the low flinch will help you clutch out a kill here and there, but you will generally miss the same shots you miss with any other sniper rifle. It also has a fairly long zoom making it a little hard to work with on smaller maps. It's great that we have an option that feels this good in the Primary slot, but don't expect to go from hating snipers to loving them or some such.

Is this shotgun a keeper for PVP? Good Bone Structure with Fullbore (+range) Accurized Rounds (more +range) Opening Shot (+range and accuracy on opening shot) and Threat Detector (increased handling, stability and reload speed when in close proximity to enemies). Also has Range Masterwork option.
Absolutely. But the question is do you like slug shotguns? That one has fantastic range. It won't feel as good or kill from as far as Chaperone, but it shouldn't be too far off either. It's not common in PvP because it competes in the slot with a variety of easier to use shotguns, fusions, Luna's, NF, and so on...but that doesn't mean it won't get the job done if you want to run a slug shotgun in your energy slot. Like all slug shotguns, they are feast or famine.

I'd suggest keeping it and spending some time with it in PVP. If it's not a weapon type you enjoy, no reason to keep it. If you do like slug shotguns, that's just about as good a legendary one as you can get. Note: it is useless in PvE. If you aren't into crucible toss it if your inventory space is tight or something. Should be particularly good with Way of The Wraith + something like Ace of Spades in the kinetic slot.

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Absolutely. But the question is do you like slug shotguns? That one has fantastic range. It won't feel as good or kill from as far as Chaperone, but it shouldn't be too far off either. It's not common in PvP because it competes in the slot with a variety of easier to use shotguns, fusions, Luna's, NF, and so on...but that doesn't mean it won't get the job done if you want to run a slug shotgun in your energy slot. Like all slug shotguns, they are feast or famine.

I'd suggest keeping it and spending some time with it in PVP. If it's not a weapon type you enjoy, no reason to keep it. If you do like slug shotguns, that's just about as good a legendary one as you can get. Note: it is useless in PvE. If you aren't into crucible toss it if your inventory space is tight or something. Should be particularly good with Way of The Wraith + something like Ace of Spades in the kinetic slot.
Thanks for the reply. That is kind of what I was thinking. I used to have a Y1 GBS that I remember enjoying but it has been a while since I have used one in Crucible. Once I get over my Fighting Lion fetish I'll give it a try.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
So about that new exotic fusion...

Just so everyone is aware, I watched Gigz play with this on his stream last night and he missed just as many shots as he hit in this highlight reel. It's extremely easy to dodge this by moving laterally or jumping. Think Mountaintop levels of efficiency with slight homing.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Bungie loves to take Fusion rifles and cross them with other weapon types. For example, Vex was an auto, Queenbreaker Bow a sniper, Sleeper also a sniper, and now we have a grenade launcher. I'm just waiting for a pair of gauntlets to be classified as a Fusion rifle.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
So about that new exotic fusion...

Top Tree Dawn Blade :)

Just so everyone is aware, I watched Gigz play with this on his stream last night and he missed just as many shots as he hit in this highlight reel. It's extremely easy to dodge this by moving laterally or jumping. Think Mountaintop levels of efficiency with slight homing.
true, the projectile is relatively slow.

Mobile Guardians on the move are difficult to hit, most that get hit are the ones who are engaged shooting.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
picked up the quest line from Ada on my Hunter last night.

my leftover rare bounty is on my Warlock.

not really happy with Destiny this morning...

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Gigz playing Jotun more or less confirms my suspicion that it act like a grenade launcher. Terrible at far range but if you lead your shots at close to mid you can secure kills easily.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I always wonder how people play these games where their opponents basically line up, stand still and don't fire back.

Like Buttchin-n-buttholes said, I was watching Gigz last night and honestly, the stretches he would go on kill streaks like this highlight reel were very much spread out. He was dying super consistently even with it equipped, and was missing tons of shots with it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
also a big part of the strategy is gathering Special Ammo bricks off the floor and equipping Fusion Scavenger armor

when I was playing, I would be killing then chasing for the Green Brick that was dropped to get some more

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
jotunn looks awful, grenade launchers are already out of control in crucible. this will probably just make it worse.

i noticed shotgun apes love grenade launchers. it's basically just a shotgun with more range. they jump around and ape it just like a shotgun.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

working as intended, this is "Padding: The Game"

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
jotunn looks awful, grenade launchers are already out of control in crucible. this will probably just make it worse.

i noticed shotgun apes love grenade launchers. it's basically just a shotgun with more range. they jump around and ape it just like a shotgun.
I disagree, Lunas Howl made the Crucible aweful,
Jotunn brings the fun,

Lunas Howl, Dust Rock Blues deserve to get Jotun burned in the chest

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Need that Jotunn, want to give it to my titan with the one eyed mask and just get hate mail after hate mail. A pay to win gun and overpowered mask is just a recipe for the little pleasures in life, ruining peoples crucible games as mine have been ruined so much I am dedicating crucible life to being the fun police.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Need that Jotunn, want to give it to my titan with the one eyed mask and just get hate mail after hate mail. A pay to win gun and overpowered mask is just a recipe for the little pleasures in life, ruining peoples crucible games as mine have been ruined so much I am dedicating crucible life to being the fun police.

Wonder if it can one shot supers with vengeance active.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Any Titan main already knows this trick... sorry bud

BTW

Why haven't you made a titan yet? #SENTINELSQUAD

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Guys is there any list where I can see all weapons on specific forges?

Once you unlock Bergusia the previous forges become irrelevant.

Bergusia can forge any weapon frame, has chance to drop Jotunn exotic and curated guns from powerful frame completions.

As for the frames:

Volundr - Auto Rifle, LMG, Sword (Sword requires Izanami unlock though).
Gofannon - Sniper, Hand Cannon
Izanagi - Pulse Rifle, Combat Bow
Bergusia - Any weapon + chance of bonus curated drop from powerful frame.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

What weapons would you prefer people use, oh writer of long-winded posts, shark97.

Status
Not open for further replies.