• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Once you unlock Bergusia the previous forges become irrelevant.

Bergusia can forge any weapon frame, has chance to drop Jotunn exotic and curated guns from powerful frame completions.

As for the frames:

Volundr - Auto Rifle, LMG, Sword (Sword requires Izanami unlock though).
Gofannon - Sniper, Hand Cannon
Izanagi - Pulse Rifle, Combat Bow
Bergusia - Any weapon + chance of bonus curated drop from powerful frame.
Uhhh that's great. Thanks mate

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
sucks for the progression of players who are lagging behind to make older Forges redundant if the 4th Forge can Forge everything, LOL

there will be a time where Goffanoanaonnon gets completely abandoned

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Seems Jason Schreier thinks some news might be coming around Bungie/Activision soon, if not today.
C4UDREK.png

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1083457245797670912

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
After having watched TV and CoolGuy's videos on the Erentil, I decided to give the one I'd been sitting on for awhile a shot. It rolled with Torch Scope, Projection Fuse, Firmly Planted, Quickdraw, and a Stability MW.

Talk about a game changer. I enjoy mindlessly rushing around and dealing out indiscriminate death with my Mindbender's Ambition as much as the next guy, but I don't think I've had this much fun in the Crucible than I've had vooping fools. Edging that badboy before somebody comes around the corner to get vaporized like they were in an OG Star Trek film does NOT get old. My kills have gone up as well, making for some very lopsided postgame KDR stats. I can even attribute that to having a loadout I wasn't even aware of that was fully geared towards slaying with the thing.

So yeah, a toast to the Erentil FR4.
They need to return to the Rise if Iron formula where everyone was happy.

Get rewarded for just playing, lots of stuff to do, and a Raid for the hardcore
I think I can safely say now that WotM was my favorite Raid in the game. Spinning to win was just too much fun.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
They need to return to the Rise if Iron formula where everyone was happy.

Get rewarded for just playing, lots of stuff to do, and a Raid for the hardcore
Isn't this expected anyway? Another major expansion in September seems like an obvious move if destiny 3 is a 2020 title. Also fits with the currently outlined story beats where the Dreadnaught is supposed to be visited next.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
sucks for the progression of players who are lagging behind to make older Forges redundant if the 4th Forge can Forge everything, LOL

there will be a time where Goffanoanaonnon gets completely abandoned
It does suck. I tried doing the first forge last night and only got players after the 4th attempt and we still didn't have enough damage. :(

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How much of a pain in the ass is the last part of the Sleeper Simulant questline where you have to open 20 of those nodes?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Once you unlock Bergusia the previous forges become irrelevant.

Bergusia can forge any weapon frame, has chance to drop Jotunn exotic and curated guns from powerful frame completions.

As for the frames:

Volundr - Auto Rifle, LMG, Sword (Sword requires Izanami unlock though).
Gofannon - Sniper, Hand Cannon
Izanagi - Pulse Rifle, Combat Bow
Bergusia - Any weapon + chance of bonus curated drop from powerful frame.

Wait so if my frame says forge in volundr or whatever, I can just go to Bergusia?

Only thing is on my first couple go rounds Bergusia was pretty rough to beat with a few fails. Dunno if over time it'll become as trivial as the other forges though.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Agreed - but it sounds like he is just waiting for some internal communication to happen at Bungie first. I'd imagine whatever this turns out to be would be better coming from internal sources first, rather than reading about your company on Kotaku.
I've been keeping to myself, but now that this is popping up again - sometimes I feel like a lot of the shortcomings in this game are ideas that Bungie wanted that didn't pan out for some reason. Wouldn't surprise me if they were banking on the new engine for this game and when that backfired is was back to the drawing board of scrapping everything and just putting in placeholders for the time being.

It's just weird looking at sections like ornaments and see all this space for weapons that one have one - or even how guided games hasn't seen an update since it was implemented, or what the point of Crucial Labs is at this point.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie / Activision split.

Holy shit.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny. Looking ahead, we're excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
This makes me incredibly happy. Hopefully we can go back to how Bungie was before they had shackles on (M$ and then Mtxvision...).

Dec 2, 2017
After having watched TV and CoolGuy's videos on the Erentil, I decided to give the one I'd been sitting on for awhile a shot. It rolled with Torch Scope, Projection Fuse, Firmly Planted, Quickdraw, and a Stability MW.

Talk about a game changer. I enjoy mindlessly rushing around and dealing out indiscriminate death with my Mindbender's Ambition as much as the next guy, but I don't think I've had this much fun in the Crucible than I've had vooping fools. Edging that badboy before somebody comes around the corner to get vaporized like they were in an OG Star Trek film does NOT get old. My kills have gone up as well, making for some very lopsided postgame KDR stats. I can even attribute that to having a loadout I wasn't even aware of that was fully geared towards slaying with the thing.

So yeah, a toast to the Erentil FR4.

I think I can safely say now that WotM was my favorite Raid in the game. Spinning to win was just too much fun.
Welcome to the brotherhood, friend.
Your roll's not even ideal yet, wait until you get backup plan, accelerated coils, under pressure, high impact reserves, charge time masterwork...so many ways to improve it.

I recommend throwing counterbalance stock on it right away. Once you get the hang of managing the recoil (on PS4 I pretty much yank straight down when firing) you can keep the burst tight and map even bow users at range.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the brotherhood, friend.
Your roll's not even ideal yet, wait until you get backup plan, accelerated coils, under pressure, high impact reserves, charge time masterwork...so many ways to improve it.

I recommend throwing counterbalance stock on it right away. Once you get the hang of managing the recoil (on PS4 I pretty much yank straight down when firing) you can keep the burst tight and map even bow users at range.
Oooh, this is good news. Bows (Le Monarque, to be precise) were the only thing I could consider a counter since I traded or lost outright to them.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Just did all the bounties for Ada and no rare bounty drop.

I fucking knew this shit was going to happen.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it's exactly the thing Destiny needed. A roadmap to a date with a brick wall, only to wait another week (and then some) to actually be able to play content

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Last night two exotics drop in back to back heroic adventures. I log out after the last one.

Another exotic waiting for me at the postmaster!

No forsaken... what is this luck...

Nov 14, 2017
You can still be alive and be dying. By dying I mean the game had most likely peaked in its current form.
If your game is getting 1m daily active users, then that's a pretty damned good peak. I said this in the gaming side thread, but if Bungie can convince 5m players to give them $100/yr - which I think is a realistic minimum - they should be able to continue with Destiny indefinitely.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just got Jotuun to drop. Early impressions? I think I've finally found something to dislodge IKELOS SG from my energy slot. This thing is FUN.

It takes 3 rounds to kill the a lost sector boss in the Dream City, which I think usually takes a full clip with IKELOS. I don't want this to be nerfed, but man, it feels like a heavy weapon that uses special ammo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.