• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

For one I would guess storage space. Each expansion adds more and more-that if they just kept adding for 6 years of so, the install size would be massive.

Also-I'm sure that Bungie would like to sell a full sized/priced game every so often, publicize it and make bank as opposed to small incremental add ons.

Nov 14, 2017
That's never going to happen
I suspect that if there is a D3, there won't be another Destiny after that: they'll just continue adding to that for as long as people are prepared to buy it. Now that they are free from a publisher, they can go full GaaS and not focus on boxed retail. They can still find a distribution partner to stick a disc out on shelves major expansion if that makes sense for them, as that's still a significant market, but the main focus should be on making a continuing revenue service.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect that if there is a D3, there won't be another Destiny after that: they'll just continue adding to that for as long as people are prepared to buy it. Now that they are free from a publisher, they can go full GaaS and not focus on boxed retail. They can still find a distribution partner to stick a disc out on shelves major expansion if that makes sense for them, as that's still a significant market, but the main focus should be on making a continuing revenue service.

Yeah, I would agree with this.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is kind of off topic but I just picked up the forsaken collection for Xbox, and installed a disc that was 26 GB... now there's a 54gb update and I haven't even installed the dlc/expansions yet. Does anyone know how big those are?

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of off topic but I just picked up the forsaken collection for Xbox, and installed a disc that was 26 GB... now there's a 54gb update and I haven't even installed the dlc/expansions yet. Does anyone know how big those are?
That should include all of the DLCs and such. Everyone downloads the updates/expansions, but only if you have the license can you access it.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

The 54GB is the assets / content for everything past Vanilla. The disc is literally just "Destiny 2" vanilla content. I bought digital because of this, it got annoying in D1 putting in the disc every time I want to play.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Depends what you want to do. I think most people are doing the Forge stuff, or complaining about it. One of the two

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how bungie replaces VV to help with year long content flow and pc support for D3.

Losing a publisher and basically hiring in a new dev team(s) is a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't get it. Shit wasn't even like this during Warmind. I guess Forsaken was the peak and now this is the massive drop off in player base.
I can explain: there isn't a lot of replayability after you get the items you're looking for.

With Leviathan, you could at least look forward to getting X number of masterwork cores. Especially the Presitge raid. It was the most reliable method in the game to get them so there was always value to doing the raid. With Forsaken, once you get the items and rolls you want, there is literally no reason to do any of the raids again outside of fun or if you want one of these corny titles. And if you play enough to get a title, you probably never want to touch the content again because RNG is a generally awful experience and every title is soaked in them.

As for finding people to do Levithian now...I mean, people played Levithian for literally a year. It shouldn't be a surprise that people are happy to be rid of it now. Burnout is real, friends.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Cross posting from the other thread

Honestly, I thought the opposite would happen.

Bungie would forfeit the rights of the franchise over to Activision. Vicarious Visions and High Moon would take over development. Meanwhile, Bungie moves on to their new IP and self publishing.

But this is...wow. I'm definitely optimistic though. This will more than likely be a good move for everyone involved, providing Bungie isn't totally inept when it comes to project management and delivering content (I know...).

Hopefully now that Bungie has absolute and total financial and creative control, they finally deliver on the original promise and true vision of the game with Destiny 3.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Apparently "YES" but you have the highest best chance with a powerful frame.

I had to do 4 of them to get mine across two characters - just make sure you do it on Bergusia (not sure if it drops at others)

ah ok, then i will switch my chars, did 5 frames for BA armor drops on my Titan, no Jötunn so far, still an armor piece missing and now i´ve got no Modulus reports left -.-

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Bungie its on its own with no Activision means they have to be very careful on how to approach Destiny and the community if they want to survive.

Lest not forget :
- Vanilla Destiny 2
- Microtransactions and shader consumerables
- Piss Poor communication between Bungie and the community especially that shitstain that is the sandbox team.

All of these are 100% Bungie's fault and they can't keep doing the same nonsense now they don't have a backer like Activision. I really hope they don't fuck up Destiny 3 and provide more communication and actions other than just "we're listening!".

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
On the wish list of announcements - Shaders will no longer be consumable, masterwork cores will no longer be part of infusion, and by summer, Eververse will be pulled.

I know, slim chances on the last one, but I think the first two could be doable.

Nov 14, 2017
Cross posting from the other thread

Honestly, I thought the opposite would happen.

Bungie would forfeit the rights of the franchise over to Activision. Vicarious Visions and High Moon would take over development. Meanwhile, Bungie moves on to their new IP and self publishing.

But this is...wow. I'm definitely optimistic though. This will more than likely be a good move for everyone involved, providing Bungie isn't totally inept when it comes to project management and delivering content (I know...).

Hopefully now that Bungie has absolute and total financial and creative control, they finally deliver on the original promise and true vision of the game with Destiny 3.

Yea, I figured that Activision would buy Destiny and Bungie would focus on Matter, but I guess they couldn't agree a price. If the rumours are true and D3 is more RPG focused though, hopefully that can be the platform they build on for years.

Now that Bungie its on its own with no Activision means they have to be very careful on how to approach Destiny and the community if they want to survive.

Lest not forget :
- Vanilla Destiny 2
- Microtransactions and shader consumerables
- Piss Poor communication between Bungie and the community especially that shitstain that is the sandbox team.

All of these are 100% Bungie's fault and they can't keep doing the same nonsense now they don't have a backer like Activision. I really hope they don't fuck up Destiny 3 and provide more communication and actions other than just "we're listening!".
I know everyone likes to dunk on D2Y1, but it's worth remembering that the first fifty hours of D2 were better than the first fifty hours of Destiny. The only reason I got into Destiny was because I liked the shooting, I heard the raid was unlike anything else in any shooter, and I happened to be time rich and money poor. It was addictive in spite of itself. They overcorrected with D2, but it definitively answered the question of whether Destiny should be casual focused.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Ascendant Challenge: No ghost, yet again
Shattered Throne: No ship, yet again
Many nightfalls ran: No pulse rifle

I fucking love how a title doesn't mean you've played the game, it just means you're lucky. Bungie come the fuck ON.

oh, and I still don't have le monarque. or jotunn, but that's only been around one week. this is fun

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I've never seen LFG.net so fucking dead before.

it's totally useless on xbox since that has system UI built in lfg. i haven't looked at a lfg website in at least a year. whereas i used them constantly before xbox lfg.

Xbox LFG is awesome.

I do like to look how many groups are posted on Xbox LFG. It used to be like 1000 in prime time now it's like 600.

However that's such a halfassed thing, I dont look at the same times or anything, just kinda notice.

Destiny tracker still has it at 1.1mil PVe and 800k+ crucible daily. That AFAIK is very healthy. Particularly AFAIK the fast ttk crucible is doing well (which I often dont agree with)

Everybody says everybody quits and that seems to be true, but I guess the fact is new blood is always churning in. The fact that "my whole guild quit" doesn't necessarily reflect on the game IMO. Hell, a massive amount of people probably dont play Xbox/consoles/video games entirely anymore since like D1, ya know? That's sometimes the feel I can get from my friends list.

Video games just churn through people, it isn't a Destiny thing.

Also, the massive amount of titles I see has me convinced there is like maybe, 5, maybe 10, maybe even 20%, of the playerbase that is just hooked and is Destiny lifers. And you see them in game most. However that means 80%+ are just casual.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ascendant Challenge: No ghost, yet again
Shattered Throne: No ship, yet again
Many nightfalls ran: No pulse rifle

I fucking love how a title doesn't mean you've played the game, it just means you're lucky. Bungie come the fuck ON.

oh, and I still don't have le monarque. or jotunn, but that's only been around one week. this is fun

Why do people keep whining abouyt this. YES IT DOES MEAN YOU PLAYED THE GAME A FUCKTON.

Rng is defeated by time/chances people, stop crying. It's a dice roll, roll the dice more, eventually you win. And dont say you dont, because you always do. If you cant hack it, that's on you.

I've dabbled in the Dredgen title and there is NOTHING on there time played wont solve. Maybe the ship/emblem whatever is RNG, you just play a lot till you get it. You're going to have to play a fuckton to reset 3x, get 10 super on super kills, etc anyway...

Well that's my opinion, maybe I'm, wrong. If I ever personally encounter a situation where I feel theres just a RNG roadbloack I'll be the first to whine (and do). Maybe it's my mentality, I understand what RNG means...

Also what nightfall pulse rifle? Being I'm a bit of a pulse rifle guru...

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
More thoughts after using Swift ride with medium zoom scope again:

-SR (substitute most any 390 pulse) with medium scope and rampage is an absolute unparalleled lane dominator

-However how you do depends a lot on the map. A lot of Destiny crucible simply doesn't revolve around lanes.

-The problem with medium zoom scopes is they're somewhat unwieldy in general and close quarters play, even if you dont necessarily always notice it. This will catch up to you.

-SR with a short zoom scope is analogous to Bygones. Really good, but watch how often you're critting for 29 instead of 31. You'll need to creep up lanes. No matter what anybody says damage falloff is an issue.

-At the end of the day my Blast Furnace is still the most well rounded and best. Given 10 meters more range than 390 pulses with short zoom sights, it can be capable at a lot more versatile ranges, even if it's not necessarily the best at any.

-Rampage is better than kill clip for me. I simply value that ability to play normally and not think about it.

- Not sure if possible, intentional nerf, or what, if there ever is a 390 pulse with 48+ meter short zoom scope range like the 4 bursters have, it should be really really good. It would change the game to some extent, at the least the pulse rifle game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, their puzzles - or rather clue - is obtuse as shit

Sorry, I'm not waiting a week for my content. Go bang your heads over there while I grind my guns here
I think they're thinking too hard about it. I can see it being something dumb like each person grabs special ammo and they all walk up to the door and it opens to fight a boss or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.