• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Ascendant Challenge: No ghost, yet again
Shattered Throne: No ship, yet again
Many nightfalls ran: No pulse rifle

I fucking love how a title doesn't mean you've played the game, it just means you're lucky. Bungie come the fuck ON.

oh, and I still don't have le monarque. or jotunn, but that's only been around one week. this is fun

I'm the ship charm last night. Played with two guys and both of them got the Ship in the same session. One guy got in first encounter and the other in the last one. lol

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing for two weeks now roundabout. Went through the main campaign and Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken still in front of me. LL is around 530/540.
Really like Crucibile and Gambit. Got Smuggler's Word which will be my weapon of choice for the forseeable future. Rumble is too much fun. Paying attention to the radar did WONDERS to my game, lol.

How far will PvP get me gear-wise with below-average/average skill?

Overall really like the game so far, never touched anything Destiny before.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing for two weeks now roundabout. Went through the main campaign and Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken still in front of me. LL is around 530/540.
Really like Crucibile and Gambit. Got Smuggler's Word which will be my weapon of choice for the forseeable future. Rumble is too much fun. Paying attention to the radar did WONDERS to my game, lol.

It's funny how high your LL is given you've only done the Vanilla campaign. Seems like they didn't factor in a smooth power ramp up across the content since you won't be seeing a the numbers go up quite as quickly as you've been used to and you still have at least 30 hours of pure SP content left. Sorry that you have to slog through Osiris but at least Warmind is pretty good. My advice would be to spend some time in Warmind grinding out the weapons, they're really good.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
got the Izanagis burden, now i am farming my ass off for the BA last armor piece...6 helmets and no arms, this sucks

Tell me about it. Spent all afternoon yesterday farming for a BA chest piece for my Titan as it was the last piece I needed. Did about 15 frames and just kept getting helmets, gauntlets, and marks. Was extremely frustrating to be honest.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
My friend knows I play Destiny a bunch so he sent me a text last night about the Activision / Bungie split. He was actually excited about it because he thinks Activision has partially ruined Blizzard (he was a big WoW nerd). I am cautiously optimistic. I know Bungie makes a lot of mistakes but they also have a strong track record for making games that I like putting many, many hours into and that goes way back to the Halo multiplayer days. So I will say this now : "Good luck Bungie, we're all counting on you!"

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't get it. Shit wasn't even like this during Warmind. I guess Forsaken was the peak and now this is the massive drop off in player base.
Destiny Tracker's numbers seem to show the game pretty popular for this time period. Here's d1 post ROI in January :

In comparison DTR now:
832.6K Crucible Players Yesterday
1.1M PvE Players Yesterday

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Welcome! PvP is not an effective way to farm gear. It drops lots of gear post-match, but most Crucible weapons are fairly meh (if you get a good Play of The Game, Wishbringer, and/or Better Devils, hold onto them!). For gearing up, you really want to focus on PvE and get those Powerful engrams from completing world tasks first and foremost. Plus, different locations can drop really good location-specific gear that you can use for PvP.

That said, if you don't want to be bothered with PvE, your gear and light level won't really matter (light level it has no effect in PvP outside of Iron Banner events). You can just keep on playing PvP. I would, however, recommend doing the quest for the Ace of Spades. It's one of the very best handcannons in the game and is relatively easy to get (mostly doing Crucible and Gambit tasks, as I recall). You can pair it with the Crucible shotgun and grenade launcher you're all set to dominate in PvP for a long, long time.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Tell me about it. Spent all afternoon yesterday farming for a BA chest piece for my Titan as it was the last piece I needed. Did about 15 frames and just kept getting helmets, gauntlets, and marks. Was extremely frustrating to be honest.

as always, being pissed and writing about it helps, got the last armor piece, but no Jötunn so far, so the grind is on .-)

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Jotunn makes me like the game more. It's so fun to use in PvE or in PvP. One of the best exotics in the game right now.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the Loaded Question from doing the strikes. I expected... a bigger explosion effect tbh. Feels disappointing. Maybe it works well in something like Gambit.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Levathan isnt relatvant unless you are chasing a gun or catalyst. Its silly that they did not add a few pennical items and move the old raids up in power level.
I do wish they'd come up with more ways to make the old raids relevant. That's one reason why I'm all for leaving them as the only source for the catalysts they have since it's the only thing that's tempted my friends to do them.

Why do people keep whining abouyt this. YES IT DOES MEAN YOU PLAYED THE GAME A FUCKTON.

Rng is defeated by time/chances people, stop crying. It's a dice roll, roll the dice more, eventually you win. And dont say you dont, because you always do. If you cant hack it, that's on you.

I've dabbled in the Dredgen title and there is NOTHING on there time played wont solve. Maybe the ship/emblem whatever is RNG, you just play a lot till you get it. You're going to have to play a fuckton to reset 3x, get 10 super on super kills, etc anyway...

Well that's my opinion, maybe I'm, wrong. If I ever personally encounter a situation where I feel theres just a RNG roadbloack I'll be the first to whine (and do). Maybe it's my mentality, I understand what RNG means...

Also what nightfall pulse rifle? Being I'm a bit of a pulse rifle guru...
Eh. Bungie has said titles are supposed to make you look at someone and realize their accomplishments, not how lucky or unlucky they are in RNG. I've seen your thoughts on RNG before though so I think we'll probably have to agree to disagree on this one lol.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So tried to unlock 2nd forge with my brother, we were both on the lost sector parts. Clear the 3 on Edz (took a while because he has a new baby so had to stop often), then go to nexus for a captain. We are teamed up, we kill the guy and I only get credit. Great 15 mins waisted and he doesn't have time for this stuff so logs off and I log onto his account to get the kill. Then it's another lost sector with that stupid shield thing that sucks doing solo then a huge boss with the same.

Sure this stuff is fine if you have a team but it's suck so much trying to solo it even at max light lvl. Don't think I'll ever get this crap done.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Jotunn makes me like the game more. It's so fun to use in PvE or in PvP. One of the best exotics in the game right now.
For all of the crap we give Bungie about Destiny I think this is something they have done well with on a consistent basis. Finding a "new to you" fun gun and using it in the same activities you've been doing all along and it somehow makes it all better. I've had the same sort of experience with both Borealis and Fighting Lion recently (especially Fighting Lion). Their weapon design and feel is among the best in the business and it is a large part of why I keep coming back.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
the best part is just waltzing in and doing this first try when it all gets solved. thanks for the hard work SUCKERS

YOINK my emblem now

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

they're still trying to solve this puzzle?

yea, Bungie made the right call decoupling this puzzle from the Forge. This is fucking ridiculous and I can't believe it got through QA as designed.

the best part is just waltzing in and doing this first try when it all gets solved. thanks for the hard work SUCKERS

YOINK my emblem now
lmao. that's what I keep thinking about too. all this work for an emblem he'll never equip. God bless.

The Heape

Oct 27, 2017
Well my dumb ass shards armor with out enhanced perks and looking at collections it seams I had all pieces at one point, just got 3 arms in a row SMH.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep whining abouyt this. YES IT DOES MEAN YOU PLAYED THE GAME A FUCKTON.

Rng is defeated by time/chances people, stop crying. It's a dice roll, roll the dice more, eventually you win. And dont say you dont, because you always do. If you cant hack it, that's on you.

I've dabbled in the Dredgen title and there is NOTHING on there time played wont solve. Maybe the ship/emblem whatever is RNG, you just play a lot till you get it. You're going to have to play a fuckton to reset 3x, get 10 super on super kills, etc anyway...

Well that's my opinion, maybe I'm, wrong. If I ever personally encounter a situation where I feel theres just a RNG roadbloack I'll be the first to whine (and do). Maybe it's my mentality, I understand what RNG means...

Also what nightfall pulse rifle? Being I'm a bit of a pulse rifle guru...

I couldn't disagree with you more. The nature of dice rolls and RNG precisely means that no matter how many attempts someone has, there will *always* be someone who will never roll the number needed. Nightfall drops are different because your chance of getting it goes up after each run (or so I've heard). That isn't the case with other drops.

The pulse rifle I'm talking about is Horror's Least, which is required for the Cursebreaker title. That, the ghost shell and the ship are literally all I need for the title and I've never got any of them despite grinding them all as much as I can because they're completely tied to RNG. I likely won't get the title in time for the pin reward because I'm unlucky. That's not okay.

They should at the very least not limit your attempts per week. I'd be much more okay with it if I could just run it over and over, but in Shattered Throne and Ascendant Challenges cases, if you don't get it the first time you need to wait an entire week (or in ST's case, 3 weeks) to try again. That's garbage.

Dredgen is a little different because it for the most part is tied to completion, you're not wrong. But you still have to get lucky enough to see a meatball (which is not guaranteed, even on max curse week - I've yet to see a meatball this week and I've played a ton of gambit, for what it's worth), be lucky enough to not have your team immediately leave if you're not in a full pre-made, and then be lucky or skilled enough to win that round and the gambit match itself. That's a lot of things to roll a 20 on, so to speak.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
they're still trying to solve this puzzle?

yea, Bungie made the right call decoupling this puzzle from the Forge. This is fucking ridiculous and I can't believe it got through QA as designed.

lmao. that's what I keep thinking about too. all this work for an emblem he'll never equip. God bless.

So, i've been thinking more about Niobe Labs and it made me realize a few key things that Bungie tried that sorta went unnoticed that I kinda love, in terms of encounter design I mean.

A) So during the encounter, Seviks is using the last exotic we have yet to find in the BA content drop - the arc grenade launcher that connects the shots to one another & creates an electric field. I actually think putting exotic weapons on enemies is kind of an incredible idea, and would love to see Bungie try this more often.

B) Since Seviks is using that grenade launcher, its possible that the ghost shell & emblem aren't the only things we get for completing the labs.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So, i've been thinking more about Niobe Labs and it made me realize a few key things that Bungie tried that sorta went unnoticed that I kinda love, in terms of encounter design I mean.

A) So during the encounter, Seviks is using the last exotic we have yet to find in the BA content drop - the arc grenade launcher that connects the shots to one another & creates an electric field. I actually think putting exotic weapons on enemies is kind of an incredible idea, and would love to see Bungie try this more often.

B) Since Seviks is using that grenade launcher, its possible that the ghost shell & emblem aren't the only things we get for completing the labs.
Anarchy is the grenade launcher from the raid. I have it and it does exactly what you describe.

That's pretty cool that it's used by an enemy.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

You mean Anarchy, which we've had since the BA raid was introduced?

Also, enemies have been using our weapons for a long time. Lots of Cabal are walking around with Legend of Acrius. Fallen snipers are using Queenbreaker. I'm pretty sure there are some other examples of that too, but I can't think of them right now.

Nov 14, 2017

One of us! One of us!

As you've already heard, PVP isn't a good way to farm for gear or power, with the exception of Iron Banner which has unique gear and lots of powerful gear bounties. You should PM Ruthless to get an invite to the Era Discord; if you're on PS4 then I'd be happy to do the Y1 raids with you!

Also, remember to visit Xür every weekend. Buy everything he's selling if you don't have it already (even for classes you don't have yet), and then get the engram he sells for an extra Y1 exotic you don't already have. There are lots of Y1 exotics that are super useful, so it's worth getting them all.

Finally, you should get Whisper. It's kind of a pain, but you need for a certain public event to spawn on Io, and then kill a certain enemy. That will spawn a portal to a secret time mission that will give you one of the best exotic snipers in the game. You pretty much need it for certain encounters, especially in the raids, so that's worth doing too. Asking around in the Discord should get you some help, just let everyone know you're a kinderguardian!
You mean Anarchy, which we've had since the BA raid was introduced?

Also, enemies have been using our weapons for a long time. Lots of Cabal are walking around with Legend of Acrius. Fallen snipers are using Queenbreaker. I'm pretty sure there are some other examples of that too, but I can't think of them right now.

I mean, I think originally they were their guns; we took them from them.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Well of course. We were discussing what he thought was Bungie doing something new by giving certain enemies underpowered versions of guns we eventually get access to. But in fact, they've done this quite a bit. Acrius, Skyburner's Oath, and Queenbreaker were all weapons enemies had before we could get our paws on them.

Which is why I continue to hope we get an exotic version of whatever those Cabal elites (the ones guarding the entrance to Levi) are using as some sort of heavy weapon. xD

Nov 14, 2017
moCcizp.png

I'm not even sorry 😸😸

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
if you use Well of Radiance and Lunifaction Boots, then your Loaded Question is always fully loaded for best results
Hoping to get Lunafactions or Nezarec's Sin from Xür today when I get home from work.

I was theorycrafting to maybe use Loaded Question with Transversive Steps in Gambit, but it's probably not worth to ditch the Geomags.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of us! One of us!

As you've already heard, PVP isn't a good way to farm for gear or power, with the exception of Iron Banner which has unique gear and lots of powerful gear bounties. You should PM Ruthless to get an invite to the Era Discord; if you're on PS4 then I'd be happy to do the Y1 raids with you!

Also, remember to visit Xür every weekend. Buy everything he's selling if you don't have it already (even for classes you don't have yet), and then get the engram he sells for an extra Y1 exotic you don't already have. There are lots of Y1 exotics that are super useful, so it's worth getting them all.

Finally, you should get Whisper. It's kind of a pain, but you need for a certain public event to spawn on Io, and then kill a certain enemy. That will spawn a portal to a secret time mission that will give you one of the best exotic snipers in the game. You pretty much need it for certain encounters, especially in the raids, so that's worth doing too. Asking around in the Discord should get you some help, just let everyone know you're a kinderguardian!

My buddy took me into the whisper quest last week. While we were waiting for it I said "any thing I need to know?" And they were like "uh yeah, try to keep up". One minute into it and I'd lost them! It was really fun exploring the maze and listening to them fighting whatever it was. Got the quest with literally seconds to spare. GG!

Nov 14, 2017
My buddy took me into the whisper quest last week. While we were waiting for it I said "any thing I need to know?" And they were like "uh yeah, try to keep up". One minute into it and I'd lost them! It was really fun exploring the maze and listening to them fighting whatever it was. Got the quest with literally seconds to spare. GG!
Now just do it four more times to get whispered breathing and the ship while you're at it.

Dec 2, 2017
Hoping to get Lunafactions or Nezarec's Sin from Xür today when I get home from work.

I was theorycrafting to maybe use Loaded Question with Transversive Steps in Gambit, but it's probably not worth to ditch the Geomags.
Maybe, maybe not - I run Transversives but I don't have Geomags yet to compare. But that combo is great for the forges. LQ wrecks the blue enemies and takes the adds down with them. I'm a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.