• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I couldn't disagree with you more. The nature of dice rolls and RNG precisely means that no matter how many attempts someone has, there will *always* be someone who will never roll the number needed. Nightfall drops are different because your chance of getting it goes up after each run (or so I've heard). That isn't the case with other drops.

The pulse rifle I'm talking about is Horror's Least, which is required for the Cursebreaker title. That, the ghost shell and the ship are literally all I need for the title and I've never got any of them despite grinding them all as much as I can because they're completely tied to RNG. I likely won't get the title in time for the pin reward because I'm unlucky. That's not okay.
Horror's Least is a Nightfall drop though?

The others, ones that are purely RNG, I agree completely on. I don't mind pure RNG drops but tying titles to them is dumb.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Still no rare bounty after grinding and set of dailies.

With Anthem around the corner I think I'm done. Just tired of this shit at this point.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Probably just had the luckiest haul from any raid I've been apart of in my years of playing Destiny.

My first run in SOTP:

Curated Threat Level
Anarchy
Curated No Feelings

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Having a great week in terms of exotics. Got Two-Tailed Fox, Geomag Stabilizers and today Lunafaction boots and Wardcliff Coil. :D

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm embarrassed to admit my plebness but I've played 2,107 crucible matches in D2 and never got a we ran out of medals.

I did get a 7th column by accident. And remember one time I probably coulda got a we ran if I thought about it (rumble against all complete stiffs) but instead played carelessly

I mean I know I'm not good but I gotta figure that's some major bad luck to have not randomly got one by now...

Anyways to bring it up had one of my better crucible games just now, 32 kills 8 deaths...

Blast Furnace...what a beast. Once rampage gets rolling...

It also has enough range to readily get the scout rifle effect, tons of people getting burned down like idiots because they try to take you on with something short range at 45 meters.

Once rampage gets rolling, it's just a train. man I love this gun.

Got to be one of my top all time favorite guns in a given time period in destiny history. Will go down as legendary to me.

Adding a shotgun to my pulse rifle loadouts has helped too, even though I dont use it a ton or use it much aggressively. Still learning.

The problem with any other loadout combo and a pulse is there's too much range duplication. Do I switch, do I not switch...

It works so well to use your pulse for EVERYTHING and have a OHK for extreme short.

SMG's and auto's need to, if their ttk is not lowered which i understand, it's hard to do that without affecting the whole sandbox, but i think they could be made more forgiving with the same ttk...having to hit all crits for smg optimal ttk for example, way too demanding for not a great ttk anyway.

Luna's throws the balance of everything off, too. With a readily available .67 primary ttk out their it's hard for smg's to be viable.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
RIP Nova Warp. Dawn Blade about to be supreme again. Longer duration? It already lasts forever lol.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47570

The TWAB has returned!

That Golden Gun buff is hot hot hot!

What a pathetic twab. The tone is so obvious that they're so scared of the never nerf bullies they scarcely are brave enough to talk about anything as a much needed nerf.

On top of that they go after blade barrage as I knew they would, because god forbid hunter have anything remotely good. Blade Barrage was at best a distant 3rd of OP supers, and really not a pressing problem unlike nova warp, spectral blades, and even sentinel. But of course, they address it immediately because Josh "i hate hunters" Hambrick.

And then all this bringing other supers up crap, we dont need MORE powerful supers, crucible is a never ending super shitfest as is...just nerf supers only for a while!

All it's gonna be is all fucking hour long dawnblades, and being killed 6 times by the same golden gun, now instead of hour long nova warps and spectral blades. Giddy!

Taste the salt.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always felt Dawnblade was really short, but I don't play Warlock enough to have any sort of idea. Hell, when I do play Warlock it's almost always using Cataclysm, because that's a fun super to use in conjunction with Dire Skull of Ahamkara. Glad that's getting some work done, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I always felt Dawnblade was really short, but I don't play Warlock enough to have any sort of idea. Hell, when I do play Warlock it's almost always using Cataclysm, because that's a fun super to use in conjunction with Dire Skull of Ahamkara. Glad that's getting some work done, too.
Dawnblade is like the OG 7th column super. extending its duration seems like madness to me.

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I always find it disgusting one a person says sexual profanity about their own family members,
even if they are joking , it is highly disrespectful and gross to mention families members in such a manor.

gross

remind me to never follow Gladd

It's just Gladd ranting dude.

He's probably the most chill bigtime D2 streamer right now... lol

Guess you can have your little things that you don't like, but wow man.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm embarrassed to admit my plebness but I've played 2,107 crucible matches in D2 and never got a we ran out of medals.
what's your KDA? Sounds like it might be a bit low. I'd suggest that you spend some games making a concerted effort to minimize dying and standing out in the open.

Blast Furnace...what a beast. Once rampage gets rolling...

It also has enough range to readily get the scout rifle effect, tons of people getting burned down like idiots because they try to take you on with something short range at 45 meters.

Once rampage gets rolling, it's just a train. man I love this gun.

Got to be one of my top all time favorite guns in a given time period in destiny history. Will go down as legendary to me.
Yea it's okay. I'm finding that I greatly prefer my kill clip + frenzy one in PvP to my rampage + frenzy one. But I guess that's to be expected since kill clip is generally the superior PvP damage perk. Do you have one of those yet to try? If not, be sure to farm one up.

Adding a shotgun to my pulse rifle loadouts has helped too, even though I dont use it a ton or use it much aggressively. Still learning.
I'm sorry, did you say that you are just now adding a shotgun to your loadout after 2,000 matches or did I misunderstand? What were you using before in your energy slot? Telesto or some such? Also, learn to play aggressively. That's hurting your success in PvP. Small maps = aggressive play and most maps are small right now.

The problem with any other loadout combo and a pulse is there's too much range duplication. Do I switch, do I not switch...
Have you considered a fusion? Get one with Tap The Trigger and thank me later. Alternately, why not Fighting Lion? I assume you have the catalyst and Chimera works just fine with your pulse that doesn't need a precision kill to maximize.

Luna's throws the balance of everything off, too. With a readily available .67 primary ttk out their it's hard for smg's to be viable.
Luna's/NF are not the reason SMG's aren't strong right now; shotguns and their crazy range is. If Bungie nerfed the 1-shot range of shotguns, SMGs would return to relevance overnight.

Oct 27, 2017
Activision is gone but Bungie still fucks up like always. Just keep nerfing the little fun left in the game right out, idiots. Blade Barrage didn't need a fucking nerf.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Activision is gone but Bungie still fucks up like always. Just keep nerfing the little fun left in the game right out, idiots. Blade Barrage didn't need a fucking nerf.
I'm not sure it's a nerf yet. They just moved the damage to the explosions. We'll see how it plays.

Nova bomb is finally back.
Not for PvP it isn't. The roaming supers still provide too much kill potential to ignore them. But PvE, sure.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
they need to come up with a new rarity type, or tweak the way you can use exotics. it doesn't feel right that you have all these "fun to fuck around with but never a great choice for endgame stuff" weapons in the same class as these super important boss dps weapons.

really the heavy dps type exotics are boring in general. it feels like you always have to use one if you're being serious, and none of them are really more or less fun than the others.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
they need to come up with a new rarity type, or tweak the way you can use exotics. it doesn't feel right that you have all these "fun to fuck around with but never a great choice for endgame stuff" weapons in the same class as these super important boss dps weapons.

really the heavy dps type exotics are boring in general. it feels like you always have to use one if you're being serious, and none of them are really more or less fun than the others.

Thunderlord and Anarchy are extremely fun to use.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
The mysterious datapad isn't worth the trouble if you don't have all of the armor pieces. I learned the hard way.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
What a pathetic twab. The tone is so obvious that they're so scared of the never nerf bullies they scarcely are brave enough to talk about anything as a much needed nerf.

On top of that they go after blade barrage as I knew they would, because god forbid hunter have anything remotely good. Blade Barrage was at best a distant 3rd of OP supers, and really not a pressing problem unlike nova warp, spectral blades, and even sentinel. But of course, they address it immediately because Josh "i hate hunters" Hambrick.

And then all this bringing other supers up crap, we dont need MORE powerful supers, crucible is a never ending super shitfest as is...just nerf supers only for a while!

All it's gonna be is all fucking hour long dawnblades, and being killed 6 times by the same golden gun, now instead of hour long nova warps and spectral blades. Giddy!

Taste the salt.

>small nerf to blade barrage
>huge buff to Golden Gun

"BUNGO HATES HUNTERS!!!!!"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Finally got Le Monarque and a rare bounty to drop just now. Too tired tonight. I'll do the whole Izanagi's Burden quest tomorrow afternoon.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Shame about blade barrage, I'm sure it's also about a flat nerf across the board because what else could hunters do in gambit? blade barrage is king, you hurt yourself if you dont use it in that mode. I'm sure it's a small but noticeable nerf to it that will probably be viable to actually switch supers.

In pvp I'm sure its still a delete button, it's just now delayed on when it deletes. I'm not worried at all about bb nerf, as in the long run it will probably still be strong as hell. Now tether shot, that damn thing better start killing on hit. I sick of firing my super bow and it hits someone and the person is,"how dare you" and they kill me and then the tether decides it's going to activate.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What's a better kindled orchid:
Shield disorient + explosive payload, stability MW

Or

Rangefinder + rapid hit, stability MW

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Speaking of Blade Barrage: you can call me crazy, but I think it was already stealth-nerfed. It did ridiculous amount of damage to Primevals in Gambit at Forsaken launch. Now it feels kinda weak?

Chaos Reach with Geomags is an instant win, though. Especially if you have two on your team.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017

Blade Barrage has been the only pick for Hunters since Forsaken. Its super is the highest DPS in the game (not counting Nighthawk as that's an exotic) -- both PvE and PvP. Nova Warp is only a problem in PvP. No one uses it in PvE for serious activities. And you think Sentinel super is OP?

BB is an instant delete button. There is no risk involved with it. You jump, press a button, and them aim in the general direction you want things dead. That is OP.

We absolutely do need more powerful supers. How many folks have you seen running bottom tree hammers? Ever? Nova bomb? Stormcaller? These things are weak compared to other subclasses and need work. That's what the update seems tuned towards.

While I agree Dawnblade didn't really need a buff, but this seems positioned as a way to get folks to choose Dawnblade over Nova Warp?

Seems like you've got enough for everyone already.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who always loved Golden Gun and its neutral games over one hit wonders like BB, I don't mind small nerf to it.

BUT I JUST GOT SHARDS LAST WEEK BUNGO, let me play with it a little longer before you snatch away my toy.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So to do all that damage to the forge boss with my banner shield I need Synthocheps, Tractor cannon-anything else, any particular tree in the defender class?

Dec 2, 2017
Dawnblade buff, Spectral nerf and now Blade Barragers can blow themselves up? Yes, thank you Bungie.

I'll miss Nova Warp god mode, those early days when nobody knew what to do against it were the greatest. But I know it was a crutch and I prefer playing Attunement of Sky anyway (can you increase the tracking on that super just a smidge, Bungie?) so I can deal.

Dec 2, 2017
Dawnblade is like the OG 7th column super. extending its duration seems like madness to me.
Nah, that was Stormtrance. Got me the only 7ths I've ever had back in its Taken King glory days. I personally don't feel Dawnbreak is as long as you all do, but I'm biased. I also think warlocks should have the best supers. Every class has its advantages, theirs should be magic powers. Something needs to balance out being floaty statues.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I was hoping that Top Tree Dawnblade would get a handling buff in mid air but I will take an extended Super duration.

I am happy with the buffs to the Slowvabomb. I find bottom tree Voidwalker to be boring; Top Tree VW is where the explosion fun is at

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Only part I don't get is adding self damage to BB. When people were saying it doesn't make sense that you can kill yourself with a Nova Bomb to the wall while you can't with Blade Barrage, they weren't asking for Blade Barrage to be consistent with that. They were asking why you can hurt yourself with your own super at all. Wrong takeaway lol.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Only part I don't get is adding self damage to BB. When people were saying it doesn't make sense that you can kill yourself with a Nova Bomb to the wall while you can't with Blade Barrage, they weren't asking for Blade Barrage to be consistent with that. They were asking why you can hurt yourself with your own super at all. Wrong takeaway lol.
well if you can suicide yourself with a Novabomb, then the same should apply with Bladebarage

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
So to do all that damage to the forge boss with my banner shield I need Synthocheps, Tractor cannon-anything else, any particular tree in the defender class?

Don't think Syntho buff helps with super damage at all, but doesn't hurt to keep it on. Use middle tree defender, the only one that makes that big-ass shield.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
what's your KDA? Sounds like it might be a bit low. I'd suggest that you spend some games making a concerted effort to minimize dying and standing out in the open.

Lifetime k/d about 1. Efficiency about 1.4. Now I have such massive backlog of games it's almost impossible to move those numbers though.

I have a 1.26 k/d (not efficiency) my last 25 on DTR FWIW. K/d is highly malleable anyway of course. Depending if you're caring, screwing around with goofy loadouts, random competition, and anything else. But yeah, I'm nowhere near good. I'd say I'm above average by now, in a literal sense.

Little things I notice lately, like I usually climb the leaderboard and finish in the top 2 on my team in quickplay lately...

I always play solo though, so to me that makes it a little hard to judge anything. Almost 100% quickplay as well.

Yea it's okay. I'm finding that I greatly prefer my kill clip + frenzy one in PvP to my rampage + frenzy one. But I guess that's to be expected since kill clip is generally the superior PvP damage perk. Do you have one of those yet to try? If not, be sure to farm one up.

I still think you need some sort of stability buff though to make it shine, either the mw (+10) or steady rounds (+15). And a good short sight. Alls I can say is I love my feeding/steady/rampage/rampage spec one.

Personally I just like rampage better, it's just there and I dont have to play around it. There's also no "kill clip spec" to buff kill clip. I could be full of shit though, not that long ago I liked headseeker...

I rarely two tap normally with Blast Furnace though. That's what I think even one stack of rampage does to make it so good. It starts loosening up the forgiveness on those two taps and it's up a lot...

At the end of the day though what makes blast furnace good is it's high range. You can play short sights, and still have a lot of range for lanes, and outrange 90% of what people use in the game (hand cannons or short range pulses) while still having a decent option in the close game.

I would be pretty interested to see how it would look if counterbalance wasn't broken on the gun...might be a new level of deadly.

I'm sorry, did you say that you are just now adding a shotgun to your loadout after 2,000 matches or did I misunderstand? What were you using before in your energy slot? Telesto or some such? Also, learn to play aggressively. That's hurting your success in PvP. Small maps = aggressive play and most maps are small right now.

Pretty much. I've never felt comfortable going back to D1 with either of the "big 2" of sniper and shotgun. I mained a sidearm in much of the sidearm heyday of D1 and mostly loved it. I cant really seem to get back to that now though. Honestly this is probably the most comfortable I've ever felt with shotguns, and it's barely anything. Also I've never gotten comfortable with fusions either...

Typically I find fusions are the worst for that "no man's land" feeling of indecision I was talking about though (do I stick primary or pull out my CQC weapon?). Coupled with the charge time.

Have you considered a fusion? Get one with Tap The Trigger and thank me later. Alternately, why not Fighting Lion? I assume you have the catalyst and Chimera works just fine with your pulse that doesn't need a precision kill to maximize.

In DIM I searched tap the trigger...and the only fusion it came up on was my PVE mainstay and perennial workhorse Main Ingredient...so that was fortuitous LOL. Though I think Erentil might be slightly more highly regarded in PVP...I'm definitely down to screw around with a new loadout for a while so, good idea! Also just got a great misfit roll, short sight (my other misfits stupidly only had medium or long) rampage, extended mag, and quickdraw, need to try that too.

Luna's/NF are not the reason SMG's aren't strong right now; shotguns and their crazy range is. If Bungie nerfed the 1-shot range of shotguns, SMGs would return to relevance overnight.

I disagree I think lunas/nf screw up the balance a fair amount. They're a lot of why there's no place for sidearms and smg's. Because their ttk is typically literally slower than the most common primary, and that's just messed up. If I put a sidearm or SMG on (most anyway), i shouldn't have to know that in my range sweet spot, I'm still gonna get out ttked by Luna, hard facts.

BTW I'm mr nerf everything, but I dont think shotgun range is too bad right now. It's 9m max, which is lower than it was in D1 AFAIK. I think they could maybe dial it back one more meter...even in D1 I thought the complaining about shotguns was a bit overdone, and they've gone through many nerfs since then. Like I said they could loosen up the forgiveness on SMG's and sidearms too IMO. Those shouldn't have to 100% crit to hit their optimal TTK's...

At the end of the day they probably want HC's and shotguns with maybe a side of pulse to rule, because that's what the community wants, so I'm not holding my breath.

And as much as I like to grumble, I have to admit I found the 450 AR meta pretty boring. I really hate to admit it but it's possible hand cannons and pulses make for the most dynamic gameplay.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Blade Barrage has been the only pick for Hunters since Forsaken. Its super is the highest DPS in the game (not counting Nighthawk as that's an exotic) -- both PvE and PvP. Nova Warp is only a problem in PvP. No one uses it in PvE for serious activities. And you think Sentinel super is OP?

Huh? I dont believe blade barrage is the highest DPS super or even in the top 5. It feels like it does jack shit TBH. And you cant decouple nighthawk from GG. Every super needs a exotic to shine now. Even BB needs Galanor. Bow needs Rig, Arcstrider needs the chest piece, Warlock laser beam needs Geomags...that's just defacto bungie policy.

BB does nothing doesn't even scratch like a Primevil. What obliterates those is Chaos Reach.

BB is an instant delete button. There is no risk involved with it. You jump, press a button, and them aim in the general direction you want things dead. That is OP.

Yeah that's called a panic super, Why was it ok for titans to have one all this time but people are salty when hunters get one? But there is risk. You can get killed at the start, you likely will get killed at the bottom (people know you're vulnerable and jump out of the woodwork)...it's pretty flakey too, sometimes it wont even hit people right in front and below of you. It's difficult to get more than 1-2 kill most times. You will do a fair amount of whiffing, zero kills, with it too. Anything around cover, it's too slow, enemy can jump behind a pillar or rock... Compare that to Nova Warp...

It definitely does NOT just "wipe out everything in front of you" I wish...it has a pretty narrow kill band. You're usually only going to get really big kills (rarely, if the stars align) on a relatively flat trajectory.

If you really think blade barrage is as OP as Nova or Spectral in crucible, you simply dont play this game much. And I'm not just being pro hunter because I admit Spectral blades is just as bad as Nova Warp right now. Possibly even a smidge worse.

I'm not talking about PVE this is a sandbox update.

We absolutely do need more powerful supers. How many folks have you seen running bottom tree hammers? Ever? Nova bomb? Stormcaller? These things are weak compared to other subclasses and need work. That's what the update seems tuned towards.

I feel supers in general are too strong and the takeaway from this TWAB is "we're buffing 6 supers and nerfing 2" That sounds awful to me, but lets see how it plays out I guess.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Huh? I dont believe blade barrage is the highest DPS super or even in the top 5. It feels like it does jack shit TBH. And you cant decouple nighthawk from GG. Every super needs a exotic to shine now. Even BB needs Galanor. Bow needs Rig, Arcstrider needs the chest piece, Warlock laser beam needs Geomags...that's just defacto bungie policy.

BB does nothing doesn't even scratch like a Primevil. What obliterates those is Chaos Reach.

BB is highest unassisted DPS super, DPS being damage per second. Only thing that beats it is another Hunter super with Nighthawk. A single activation of BB also knocks off about 30% of Primeval health without melting point or any other debuff, which is same as CR without Geomags. I wouldn't call it a scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.