• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Man I want a Threal Level so much but my usual raid group isn't playing anymore and yet here I am at 650 on all three characters.

I keep running powerful frames over and over in the meantime but can't get a curated roll for shit.

Dec 2, 2017
You aren't wrong. SMG's and Sidearms need a reason to exist because right now they are inferior to most shotguns and even a few primaries like TLW and even Breakneck once it gets rolling. I'm not sure what the answer is in terms of exactly how to buff them so that they are balanced but not overpowered but right now there's not much of a reason to use one.

If I was in charge I would make the reload speed very high and handling stat near max across the board for these two weapon classes as they are supposed to be about doing damage up close very quickly. I might also make their ready speeds (the time it takes to swap and ready it to fire) faster than other weapons. That would be a good start, I think.
It's weird that you even have to make those suggestions, because that's like the exact description of what a sidearm is. A light, easy to handle weapon.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Clearly, you've all been sleeping on the Forge auto sidearms. They melt everything by just looking at them.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly, you've all been sleeping on the Forge auto sidearms. They melt everything by just looking at them.

I got a full auto/zen moment Translation Theory recently and my god

Dude I was smoking people

Sidearms dont seem to have an accuracy penalty in air or at least not much of one. Can fire from the hip or ADS. Kill fast to the head or body

And mine has 18 shots in the mag

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
That is correct. I don't have one of those. My best is probably one of the Omolon type (Last Dance?) with Kill clip or a Smuggler's Word with Rampage and Outlaw. Either one will do some work up close but neither are worth using over a ton of better options in their respective slots.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
That is correct. I don't have one of those. My best is probably one of the Omolon type (Last Dance?) with Kill clip or a Smuggler's Word with Rampage and Outlaw. Either one will do some work up close but neither are worth using over a ton of better options in their respective slots.

Sidearms are best in a Mobility build. Run and gun, taking to the air, Rush down

Best paired with High clip sizes, Full auto, High Caliber rounds etc..

Ive been using sidearms a lot since forsaken hit and they are much better than given credit for in the right hands and playstyle

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

Black Scorpion w/ High Impact Reserves = Not Forgotten, but with better range.

I'll be honest. I don't really understand High Impact Reserves. I know it gives some bonus damage to the bottom half of the magazine but it looks like instead of a flat damage add it actually increases up to 30% on the last shot meaning if you reload early you are losing out on damage, right?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Honestly I touted the BS a lot on here but my last feeling was negative on it. A good pulse will be better.

I think the problem is I just can't like any full auto gun. I need to try it just pulling trigger like it's not FA, but then i worry about losing fire rate with fastest firing archetypes. Plus on Equinox it gets outranged by a Jade or Polaris.

Need to get back to it. Maybe Cerebrus was the problem because I kept running it with Cerebrus. Honestly as of now if my life depended on a scout on a long map I'd go with a well rolled nameless midnight or mida, or Polaris. The high impact reserves thing is interesting though, I imagine he's 4 tapping low resilience guardians? Honestly with my rampage BS I dont see 4 taps just that much with a stack, it's kinda hard to be super precise with FA.

Edit: Azte has good thinking there with the HI reserves. I like the way his mind works on that. However, I dont like the idea of depending on half the mag. Still, seems nice. I get to the bottom half a lot anyway. And drop mag on BS honestly makes the reloads basically instant. He probably shoulda put that on his god roll wishlist.

Also interesting he values stability and recoil direction. BS shoots pretty flat anyway to me, so I completely cast those to the wind in min maxing it (i put on extended barrel for range forgoing the stability barrel). But now I'm thinking maybe I was wrong.

I use all my weapon parts on mod components from ada so I havent got a gunsmith pack in forever though, so any new BS rolls not in the cards anyway.

I mean I just purchased 5 super mods for my Titan, then decided this whole multiple character thing is for the birds anyway lol.

But seriously Bungie needs to lower the WP parts cost of mod comps. I dont want them to go full bungie and make them cheap as water, but i'd love them to cost 175 or 150 or even 200 instead of 250. I played a TON recently and I only had ~750 GP's. That gets me a whopping 3 mods.

You can always do the pulling a blue from inventory thing, but it's really soul crushingly tiresome.

Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
If I buy forsaken is it worth running through the other dlcs content or just skip ahead? I already own and 'beat'(platinum'd) the main game back in 2017 so not a total newbie.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What forge weapon boots them out?
I believe they can drop from any of the forges, though I may be wrong

TnVFlxp.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Speaking of sidearms, on my ill equipped Titan I was forced to use an random Anonymous Autumn sidearm for CQC...and it was doing pretty decent.

So I looked up the ttk, optimal .67, but here's the key, with 3 head 2 body. Decently forgiving. No wonder I liked it.

.67 with decent forgiveness, in theory that's what you need to compete Luna at close range. I didn't realize any sidearms had that capability (I know Omolon SA's can hit .50 but it's with all crits). Also, will beat a TLW body shot ttk (.76).

So then I checked the range I think it was like 15 with close scope, disappointing. but then I put the far scope on and it got out to 18-19 IIRC. Pretty nice.

Another one to try if I get time.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie should bring back Armsday and add bounties for Banshee that reward mods and mod components. I honestly forget mods exist most of the time because I never get loot to drop with them and buying them is prohibitively expensive.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
So then I checked the range I think it was like 15 with close scope, disappointing. but then I put the far scope on and it got out to 18-19 IIRC. Pretty nice.

19m or 19 range stat? My best Autumn has a range stat of 57 with farpoint, HCR, and a range-master work.

Am still waiting for a max-range Translation Theory. The archetype isn't as forgiving but I still really like it.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

High Impact Reserves is just a bad perk for me on any weapon with a decently sized clip.

On Fusion Rifles, where you spend most the match with like, less than 5 shots total, sure. It's great. But I don't want to have to empty a clip just to start getting the effect of my perk.

Not Forgotten, I pump in two headshots and the perk procs. Easy peasy.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So on my Titan that lifetime titan triumph, I've killed 149 hunters and 85 warlocks. That basically means there's almost 2X as many hunters as Warlocks running around.

GG other classes, was fun while it lasted. Hunters running totally rampant. The dodge gives us too much mobility. And to think I used to decry the dodge as the most useless ability of the classes.

Looks like Destiny is the hand cannon, shotgun, and hunter game. Sorry guy. That's just how it belongs.

I remember that guy who clutched a 1v3 Trials match the whole way. He was shade stepping all over the place. Portent of things to come.

I really miss fast Wardcliff Coil dodge reload :(

Last edited:

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
So on my Titan that lifetime titan triumph, I've killed 149 hunters and 85 warlocks. That basically means there's almost 2X as many hunters as Warlocks running around.

GG other classes, was fun while it lasted. Hunters running totally rampant. The dodge gives us too much mobility. And to think I used to decry the dodge as the most useless ability of the classes.

I remember that guy who clutched a 1v3 Trials match the whole way. He was shade stepping all over the place. Portent of things to come.

I really miss fast Wardcliff Coil dodge reload :(
Wait what? You base the amount of hunters versus other classes in the crucible on your lifetime kills as a Titan? Let's not even get into how low your kills are here...but does one person even qualify as a sample size? I'm confused...maybe you should get your information from a more reliable source than yourself? Your post actually made me chuckle.

https://destinytracker.com/destiny/population

Seems pretty even to me...?! Maybe you just faced a lot of bad hunters in the crucible and the warlocks outgunned you more often than not. Also possible no?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Any pleb can pick up a hunter and run amock, Warlocks require mastery. Y'all bitched and whined so hard they had to nerf us into the ground.

Respect the space magic.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I have almost as many hunter kills as warlocks and titans put together. 60k+. So yes there are way more hunters running around in PVP. It's always been that way.

Hell my trains are usually 90% hunters. Most people on my list main hunters.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
You know why do the majority pick hunters? Because they look cool with their cloaks, knives and gunslinging, not their actual in game abilties. That is all. Not because they are op huh duh. Only a idiot like a certain someone will assume that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think Shark is drunk half of the time.
It would explain so much if true.

You know why do the majority pick hunters? Because they look cool with their cloaks, knives and gunslinging, not their actual in game abilties. That is all. Not because they are op huh duh. Only a idiot like a certain someone will assume that.
My guess? It's the title of the class. "Hunter". Well yea...ppl want to HUNT so...easy selection.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
28 runs this week, 315k NF score and finally got the Osprey, putting a close to my Wayfarer grind. Happy to have my first seal.

deksruk18.jpg

p.s. fuck resonate stems

Dec 2, 2017
I think hunters' popularity does have a lot to do with their jump being the most 'normal.' It probably feels more natural to a lot of people. That jump also makes it easier to shotgun ape than with any other class on console. They've got a low barrier to entry, but also a high skill ceiling.

28 runs this week, 315k NF score and finally got the Osprey, putting a close to my Wayfarer grind. Happy to have my first seal.

deksruk18.jpg

p.s. fuck resonate stems
Sick look, congrats.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
MountainTop with sticky nades perk is actually LEGIT. I had a guy popping a golden gun only to walk on my sticky nade and died. I caught so many guardians by that. I plant sticky nades at choke points, heavy ammo, behind them when they retreat or walls where they would hug it. Not to mention I can still 1 hit kill if I hit them directly. I fucking love the MountainTop

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna keep getting fucked by this games non existant dupe protection.

And getting tired of bungie's slow ass reaction times to everything too--worst in class for a GaaS title. Standards have been set and they are way below bar.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
No its just him is wrong. He love to spew out alot of misinfo not to mention he hate handcannons.

i've heard both numbers reported early on. i thought the .8 was people rounding tbh.

it's not like it makes practical difference. i'll go with whatever is on mercules spreadsheet.

Edit: Which is .8. As I expected since .8 seems "official" to you guys. i was going with early reports on reddit and such.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It would explain so much if true.

My guess? It's the title of the class. "Hunter". Well yea...ppl want to HUNT so...easy selection.

i still remember day 1 of d1 demo...character select...i honestly thought warlocks looked cooler, but it seems like hunter is implicitly just set up as the cool mid/ranger class. and you gotta like the whole stealthy assassin ethos. it's natural people gravitate too it. so i kinda half reluctantly went hunter.

honestly bungie pushes everybody to use all 3, very hard through systems, but they made hunter the most attractive, so what did they expect.

but yeah at the end of the day it's the jumps. they're goofy on the other classes. like titan in crucible, to get somewhere high, i gotta float and be super vulnerable. i cant hop up quick, unless it's a low jump. so annoying.

btw does anybody like lockdown? doing it now for the triumph, and i actually do. very intense, and the zones really matter unlike control. and with 4v4 and high objective based intensity, you feel like your play matters more to the outcome.

maybe it's just because it's a change of pace though. or maybe because been getting a lot of scrubs and winning often.

at like 2 am it seemed like i could barely get a match on xbox. is that even possible on a major console? player count so low? people hate lockdown? apex legends stealing everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.