• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Never spent much time on the other classes but Titan jumping does take some getting used to. It is really not for evasion and like you say, it makes you super vulnerable if you add any height to the jump. Titan's are good at either standing their ground or moving quickly in one direction but not necessarily aerial direction changes. You learn to work around it.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
28 runs this week, 315k NF score and finally got the Osprey, putting a close to my Wayfarer grind. Happy to have my first seal.

deksruk18.jpg

p.s. fuck resonate stems

A trophy I do not have the patience to tackle as their is no "easy" way to get it outside of RNG.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
28 runs this week, 315k NF score and finally got the Osprey, putting a close to my Wayfarer grind. Happy to have my first seal.

deksruk18.jpg

p.s. fuck resonate stems

Gratz, glad you got it. I felt bad getting it after 3 runs, and it took you that long. So much for drop protection.

I probably got it so fast because I've been lazy and still need heroic adventures on nessus and Mars. So Osprey wasn't the last thing I needed.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe people would have picked Warlocks if their jump wasn't ass. sorry

Warlocks have the easiest and safest jump in the game. Platforming becomes a walk in the park and avoiding hordes of enemies is much more possible with how long you can float.

Contrary to popular belief, flying in the air isn't a death sentence if you make an effort to actually avoid projectiles getting shot at you. It's why control glide is best glide, lads.

PVP wise, Warlocks got blink. Ain't nothin' compete with that.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I tested shit out in Rumble and got my load out down, Bygones, Erentil with BackUp Plan, Wardcliff and Tranversive Steps.

Transversive Steps is the way to go for Warlocks in Rumble
Blinking after sprinting counts for Transversive Steps for the auto-reload perk :)

Last edited:

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Warlocks have the easiest and safest jump in the game. Platforming becomes a walk in the park and avoiding hordes of enemies is much more possible with how long you can float.

Contrary to popular belief, flying in the air isn't a death sentence if you make an effort to actually avoid projectiles getting shot at you. It's why control glide is best glide, lads.

When you put on the strong directional control jump platforming becomes a joke.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Tell these Fools.
TGNz0rC.png

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
When you main a Titan and then switch to Warlock-the jumping always kills me. If you double jump right away-you're fine. But I'm just not used to doing that so I always fall to my death.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I think I'll just go for the Unbroken and Cursebreaker titles.

For Unbroken, all I need is 2 more seasons of Legend status.

For Cursebreaker, all I have left is the eggs and the bones. And I already have all the eggs in the raid, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
No one talking about Crimson Days?

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47607

"Do you hear that? Love beckons. And when love beckons, who among us can say no?" —Lord Shaxx
Crimson Days returns on Tuesday, February 12. This year's event will be similar to the one from last year, but we have changed a few things up and added a few new rewards.
Crimson Doubles is the 2v2 Crucible playlist at the center of the event. The combat scenario is 2v2 Clash with a round-based twist. Stay in close proximity to your partner and your abilities will recharge at a faster rate. Stray too far, and your enemies will be given a waypoint leading to your location. If you can't find a partner, don't worry, we'll play matchmaker and find one for you. To sweeten the deal we will be turning on Valor bonuses throughout the event for both Crimson Doubles and all other Crucible modes.
Image Link
You will start out by speaking with Lord Shaxx in the Tower, who will give you the Fire of the Crimson Days emblem. He will have five Crimson Bounties available for you. Crucible not your cup of tea? The Bounties will send you to both PVE and PVP activities. There will be four daily bounties and one weekly bounty which calls for you to duo Nightfall with your partner.
Video Link
The Rewards
Last year there was a series of rewards for completing specific activities. The rewards are returning, but the way you earn them has changed. Shaxx will be giving out Confectionery Hearts for completing Crimson Doubles matches and turning in Crimson Bounties. You will use those to purchase the rewards.
Some of you may have some or all of the rewards from last year, so we have added two new rewards for you to earn.
Similar to Horror Story in the last Festival of the Lost, a max power weapon will be available during Crimson Days. Shaxx will be offering a new bow, "The Vow", in exchange for Confectionery Hearts.
Video Link
The Vow comes fully masterworked and is the first bow available to all players of Destiny 2 and will be Power 650 for Forsaken players. Here it is in action.
Video Link
While you are playing Crimson Doubles you will be earning 7 Confectionery Hearts with every win and 5 for every loss. Each daily bounty will reward you with 15 Hearts, and the weekly Nightfall Duo bounty will give you 75! Here are the Confectionery Heart costs for each reward Shaxx is offering:
Tirastrella Legendary Ghost Shell – 25
Undeterred Exotic Sparrow – 50
The Vow Legendary Bow – 100
Wardcliff Coil Ornament - 125
Flaunting Dance Legendary Emote – 150
Warmhearted Gift Package – 15
If you are still looking to spend your extra hearts, Shaxx will also be offering a Warmhearted Gift Package that will give you a chance to receive Enhancement Cores, weapons, mods, gear, and resources.
That's not all. Along with these reward there will be a set of Crimson Days Triumphs for you to complete. We don't want to spoil all the treats and reveal the Triumphs just yet, but we will let you know the sweet reward for completing them all.
If you complete all of the Crimson Days Triumphs, you will earn the Sugary Ghost Shell.
Video Link
For all support information, please see the Crimson Days Guide hosted on help.bungie.net.
Double Drops
Double drops are back. A Crimson Engram will drop with every Bright Engram a player earns. Crimson Engrams will also be available for Silver. The contents of the Engram have not changed, so if you didn't get everything you wanted last year or are new to Destiny, this is your chance to grab some of these items.
Video Link
The Tiny Bow Emote and the Shot through the Heart Ornament for The Vow will also be available for direct purchase in Eververse bundles.
Video Link
Video Link
Crimson Days will begin next Tuesday, February 12, and conclude on the weekly reset at 9 AM PST on Tuesday, February 19. Start looking for a partner to be your Crimson Bond and get ready for a fun week of hearts, sweets, and fun.
Showing some Love
When earning the legendary bow from Lord Shaxx, The Vow, players will receive a discount code to unlock The Vow Hoodie for purchase from Bungie Rewards.
In addition, every purchase comes with a Bungie Foundation pin and the Bungie Store will donate $7 for each pin distributed during Crimson Days directly to support the Bungie Foundation's granting of technology wishes for Make-A-Wish in honor of you.
Image Link
Make sure you've opted-in for email notifications on Bungie.net to receive your discount code. Players will have through February 19 at 9AM Pacific to redeem this Bungie Reward offer.

Crimson_Days_2019_Doubles.jpg

Crimson_Days_Hoodie.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I guess since I got a Titan now with relatively few exotics, Xur's old shit could actually be exciting this week.

I just put on Crest of Alpha Lupi, seems helpful and generic, better than no exotic. I dont use any melee exotics crap which seems to be mostly what titans have, melee range is not my bag. Of course what I want is one eye mask...

Haven't gotten an exotic drop on either char in a really long time. Did basically all milestones on the Titan this week, the whole campaign prior, dont remember one exotic drop in all that playtime. Certainly I'd remember a non dupe.

All I'm missing is oathkeeper on the hunter.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I just want an improved Nezarec's Sin... Mine's totally trash with targeting perks and scout/sniper rifle reserves.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I guess since I got a Titan now with relatively few exotics, Xur's old shit could actually be exciting this week.

I just put on Crest of Alpha Lupi, seems helpful and generic, better than no exotic. I dont use any melee exotics crap which seems to be mostly what titans have, melee range is not my bag. Of course what I want is one eye mask...

Haven't gotten an exotic drop on either char in a really long time. Did basically all milestones on the Titan this week, the whole campaign prior, dont remember one exotic drop in all that playtime. Certainly I'd remember a non dupe.

All I'm missing is oathkeeper on the hunter.

Synthoceps is one of the best Titan exotics. It has more utility than just melee.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously in love with my Mountaintop grenade launcher. All these blood,sweat, tears and anger during the comp grind has been worth it. Now I can't wait to get back from work for the next few days to play PvP with this beauty of a weapon.

This weapon is exactly what I expected to be, I can 1 bang people with a straight line trajectory without worries of the nade bouncing off, I have a number of people walk over my sticky nade and die.

I'm having fun with PvE too, throw down a rally barricade or a lunafaction rift and it become a boss dps machine with spike grenades + boss spec, because bungle buff the ammo reserves means I can carry 15/16 shots and that's plenty. I can clear a mob of adds too with 1 shot but of course Loaded Question is still a better add clearer.

This weapon man...so fucking good. But I wouldn't recommend to those that doesn't use/main a grenade launcher unless they are willing to learn and struck through it. The payoff for this is worth it.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I'm seriously in love with my Mountaintop grenade launcher. All these blood,sweat, tears and anger during the comp grind has been worth it. Now I can't wait to get back from work for the next few days to play PvP with this beauty of a weapon.

This weapon is exactly what I expected to be, I can 1 bang people with a straight line trajectory without worries of the nade bouncing off, I have a number of people walk over my sticky nade and die.

I'm having fun with PvE too, throw down a rally barricade or a lunafaction rift and it become a boss dps machine with spike grenades + boss spec, because bungle buff the ammo reserves means I can carry 15/16 shots and that's plenty. I can clear a mob of adds too with 1 shot but of course Loaded Question is still a better add clearer.

This weapon man...so fucking good. But I wouldn't recommend to those that doesn't use/main a grenade launcher unless they are willing to learn and struck through it. The payoff for this is worth it.

It's a good weapon, people were just kinda disappointed cause it's a step down from Redrix and Luna/NF as far as crucible pinnacle weapons go.

That said, it's arguably easier to attain than any of those so...

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Red Lobster.

You know you've made it when someone is ddos-ing you.
Well, looks like I have to look for a different Crimson Doubles partner.
I'll send you a friend request on PSN if you don't mind, I always miss trains because they come out of nowhere. At least that way I can see if you're online and be prepared.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mainly a solo player and am not afraid of the grind. For anyone with the annual pass so far would it be worth getting for the solo player?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm mainly a solo player and am not afraid of the grind. For anyone with the annual pass so far would it be worth getting for the solo player?

The activity you will be partaking in most with Black Armory (the forges) has matchmaking, so you should be good. As for the rest of the future content from the annual pass, it is unknown how solo friendly it will be.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Well what do you know. I gushed about MountainTop, Aztecross also posted a video regarding MountainTop after the sandbox update.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

My RNG is so weird.

I get ultra-rare stuff like that faster than most people it seems.... and then it takes me 78 Pulse Rifle frames to get my god roll on the Blast Furnace. I STILL don't have a decent Chattering Bone roll, or a decent Threat Level, I could go on.

Basically all my luck in one regard is countered by trash luck in others, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
this.

I'm coming up on 5 months of doing Shattered Throne and Ascendant Challenges. Still no ship or ghost.

My RNG is so weird.

I get ultra-rare stuff like that faster than most people it seems.... and then it takes me 78 Pulse Rifle frames to get my god roll on the Blast Furnace. I STILL don't have a decent Chattering Bone roll, or a decent Threat Level, I could go on.

Basically all my luck in one regard is countered by trash luck in others, lol
Only 78? I'm up around 120+ pulse frames trying to get one specific roll (at least the last 2 columns). Still nothing. But given it took me 43 full raid clears to get 1K, I guess I have no reason to expect any favors from RNG anymore.

On a side note, Apex Legends is amazing.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
this.

I'm coming up on 5 months of doing Shattered Throne and Ascendant Challenges. Still no ship or ghost.

Only 78? I'm up around 120+ pulse frames trying to get one specific roll (at least the last 2 columns). Still nothing. But given it took me 43 full raid clears to get 1K, I guess I have no reason to expect any favors from RNG anymore.

On a side note, Apex Legends is amazing.

What roll are you looking for?

Mine was

Rasmussen ISA/Meyrin RDS
Stable Rounds/Accurized Rounds
Feeding Frenzy
Kill Clip
Stability Masterwork

I finally got one with everything except the masterwork. I got a handling masterwork, but I was so exhausted grinding the things I just said 'fuck it, good enough for now'.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, looks like I have to look for a different Crimson Doubles partner.
I'll send you a friend request on PSN if you don't mind, I always miss trains because they come out of nowhere. At least that way I can see if you're online and be prepared.
The problem with Kadey's trains is that it's always late, especially if you're on God's mean time.

On top of that

Volume 2 of the Grimoire

Not even gotten the first one, it's always sold out

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Some people play this game too much. Just encountered a dude who's emblem said 1270 Leviathan Eater of Worlds raid lair completions.

That's One Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy.

I messaged him to ask if he had really done that, he said "yup"

Status
Not open for further replies.