• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So no tracking sight tracks lockdown?

All my lockdown matches dont exist on destinyk/d/dtr

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
The problem with Kadey's trains is that it's always late, especially if you're on God's mean time.

On top of that

Volume 2 of the Grimoire

Not even gotten the first one, it's always sold out

I know where it's in stock for £16.99 if you want the link; I assume you're UK what with your mention of GMT?

EDIT: Just saw your other post confirming UK. I'll DM you the link for where to get it in the UK. I got mine last week!
Some people play this game too much. Just encountered a dude who's emblem said 1270 Leviathan Eater of Worlds raid lair completions.

That's One Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy.

I messaged him to ask if he had really done that, he said "yup"
That's not that crazy. Those are all just Argos checkpoint clears, because I think the full clears leaderboard tops out at around 500. Argos is such an easy fight too; I 3 manned it this week because someone in my clan wanted to get the emblem on raid.report so I figured why not. I used to raid with someone who had nearly 1000 clears of WotM back in D1 too., with probably about a third or half of those being full clears. If you asked him to raid, he'd always jump in. The thing about the raids in Destiny is that there's a core community who really likes them and will always say yes to helping someone get a clear. Now that I've finally got my Rivensbane, I'm feeling pretty good about doing LW again and helping people get what they need.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
That's not that crazy. Those are all just Argos checkpoint clears, because I think the full clears leaderboard tops out at around 500. Argos is such an easy fight too; I 3 manned it this week because someone in my clan wanted to get the emblem on raid.report so I figured why not. I used to raid with someone who had nearly 1000 clears of WotM back in D1 too., with probably about a third or half of those being full clears. If you asked him to raid, he'd always jump in. The thing about the raids in Destiny is that there's a core community who really likes them and will always say yes to helping someone get a clear. Now that I've finally got my Rivensbane, I'm feeling pretty good about doing LW again and helping people get what they need.

I felt like there could have been something funny because his clan name was "raid report.lies" or something...

Here's his raid report. I dunno, legit? https://raid.report/xb/v F 0 C U S (assuming the link ends up working)

Why's it say 1348 EOW clears when his emblem said 1270...

looks like he two manned it though.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Sites are not 100% accurate. Like my NF kills are almost 2k in game but way off on sites. Same goes for many other stats. I would say it's more like 95% correct at most.

Nov 14, 2017
I felt like there could have been something funny because his clan name was "raid report.lies" or something...

Here's his raid report. I dunno, legit? https://raid.report/xb/v F 0 C U S (assuming the link ends up working)

Why's it say 1348 EOW clears when his emblem said 1270...

looks like he two manned it though.
Are you sure his emblem didn't say 1264? Because that's the number of normal clears he has. I don't think the Emperor's Envy emblem tracks prestige clears, just regular EoW although I could be wrong.
Sites are not 100% accurate. Like my NF kills are almost 2k in game but way off on sites. Same goes for many other stats. I would say it's more like 95% correct at most.
I was speaking about this to a friend a bit ago, and we wondered if maybe whatever is giving the higher score is counting destructible entities like exploding boxes, or even say enemy barricades or tethers in PVP.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Some people play this game too much. Just encountered a dude who's emblem said 1270 Leviathan Eater of Worlds raid lair completions.

That's One Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy.

I messaged him to ask if he had really done that, he said "yup"

Those emblems only track boss kills. You never heard of checkpoint farming?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I guess since I got a Titan now with relatively few exotics, Xur's old shit could actually be exciting this week.

I just put on Crest of Alpha Lupi, seems helpful and generic, better than no exotic. I dont use any melee exotics crap which seems to be mostly what titans have, melee range is not my bag. Of course what I want is one eye mask...

Haven't gotten an exotic drop on either char in a really long time. Did basically all milestones on the Titan this week, the whole campaign prior, dont remember one exotic drop in all that playtime. Certainly I'd remember a non dupe.

All I'm missing is oathkeeper on the hunter.
Synthoceps is one of the best Titan exotics. It has more utility than just melee.

Basically, this. Synthoceps buffs your damage done during your super as well as long as the "Biotic Enhancements" are active. Biotic Enhancements are very easy to activate by being sort of close to 3 or more enemies and lasts 8 seconds during which time you will be doing 50% more damage for every shield bash (Sentinel) shoulder charge (Striker) or hammer hit (Sunbreaker). And because the Titan has so many perks that operate off of melee hits and melee kills having an exotic that buffs melee range and damage is very synergistic.

This damage bonus also stacks with any native damage bonuses like Code of the Juggernaut's "Knockout" ability and Code of the Fire Forged's hammer strike ability as well as Code of the Devestator's Roaring Flames. What all this means is it is possible to set up some very high damage combos with your super through smart usage of Synthoceps.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Alright, thanks one more question, is the Quick leveling thing worth using if I'm gonna do the first dlcs?
I didn't do the skip leveling thing. Leveling is pretty fast anyway so I actually hit level 50 while I was still doing Warmind stuff before I had even started Forsaken content. Warmind has some good gear available and a couple of exotics that are highly useful so I would say play it like normal and enjoy the ride.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I didn't do the skip leveling thing. Leveling is pretty fast anyway so I actually hit level 50 while I was still doing Warmind stuff before I had even started Forsaken content. Warmind has some good gear available and a couple of exotics that are highly useful so I would say play it like normal and enjoy the ride.
Great, thanks man

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Getting pretty comfortable with Bergusia Forge now. Riskrunner is definitely the way to go although I wish I had the catalyst for it. Riskrunner + Titan code of the juggernaut means I very rarely have to stop to reload or regen health (melee kills restore health) and with the newly improved trample perk I can just about clear wave 2 by myself with my super meaning all my team mates have to do is chuck batteries into the forge.

I don't have Whisper yet but I do have a Long Shadow sniper with Triple Tap that works well. 21 rounds with Sniper Reserves + 7 more bullets from Triple Tap means 28 total rounds and a whole lot of damage to the spider boss. I brought Hammerhead a long but didn't end up touching it at all through 2 ignitions last night with this loadout. Me like.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
We dont even know if it will address the issue either, they are just changing how the Lift ability works in the first place.

Azull

Oct 30, 2017
I picked this game up with forsaken and the annual pass the other day and I was wondering if Era has a guild/clan on PC that I could join up in?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Also saw this from yesterday's Hotfix -
  • Fixed an issue where players could not properly complete the Sniper Rifle or Bow Frames when advancing Black Armory quests
Thank you, Bungie!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bold Corn . Join and get your any pvp bounties done. Guaranteed wins.
On the train back from work.
24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
God damn, first loading up after not playing since 17 is overwhelming, tons of shit has changed. Is there a good returning player guide anywhere? Bungies is lacking.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Last Word PvP steps that bad? People need to learn to how to play passive, learn to retreat from a losing fight, don't mindlessly shotgun ape,learn to stick near walls/objects for cover , get the points for assisting kills and not dying. I got my second step done in 4 games and another 3 - 4 games for the medals.

Hot Pocket

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey folks!

I'm looking to get back into Destiny after a full year of not playing (I left before the first DLC hit). From everything I've heard, it seems like Bungie addressed a lot of the issues I had (not enough to do in the endgame, no loot to grind for, pvp not being fun).

Anyway, since it's been so long, I'm thinking about starting a new character from scratch. I've tried looking for some YouTube videos to help bring me up to speed, but I'm still a little bit confused. Are there any tips or a general guideline for me to follow for someone returning since vanilla like me?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I've never raided before I would really like to! Are there any active resetera clans on PS4 these days?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Hey folks!

I'm looking to get back into Destiny after a full year of not playing (I left before the first DLC hit). From everything I've heard, it seems like Bungie addressed a lot of the issues I had (not enough to do in the endgame, no loot to grind for, pvp not being fun).

Anyway, since it's been so long, I'm thinking about starting a new character from scratch. I've tried looking for some YouTube videos to help bring me up to speed, but I'm still a little bit confused. Are there any tips or a general guideline for me to follow for someone returning since vanilla like me?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I've never raided before I would really like to! Are there any active resetera clans on PS4 these days?
For PS4 clans, I think Cornbread78 is the one to contact.
As far as lvling goes, here are two vids that explain it well, I think.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Last Word PvP steps that bad? People need to learn to how to play passive, learn to retreat from a losing fight, don't mindlessly shotgun ape,learn to stick near walls/objects for cover , get the points for assisting kills and not dying. I got my second step done in 4 games and another 3 - 4 games for the medals.

I think most people have problem with last step than PvP step lol. And that is if it isn't glitched like it was for me.

KitsuneM

Feb 9, 2019
Really struggling to get a win streak in comp... I spent so much time with this, I just want to get fabled before the season ends...

Is the discord channel the best bet for finding a solid team to do it?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the help! So before I start Forsaken story content, should I first complete prior vanilla and dlc sorry content?
Yes, do all the story stuff first, then do Public Events to reach lvl 50, if you don't get to 50 by the time you finish Forsaken and then focus on daily and weekly milestones.

Status
Not open for further replies.