• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
I started playing just before news year, and the only exotic I had were either from Xur, the ones you get from leveling, and Ace of Spades.
Last night, got 3 exotic weapons in a 2 hour span lol

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, Oathkeepers finally dropped for me. It's the last Hunter Exotic that I needed.

Oathkeepers + Le Monarque = Very disgusting in Survival + Countdown.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Hey folks!

I'm looking to get back into Destiny after a full year of not playing (I left before the first DLC hit). From everything I've heard, it seems like Bungie addressed a lot of the issues I had (not enough to do in the endgame, no loot to grind for, pvp not being fun).

Anyway, since it's been so long, I'm thinking about starting a new character from scratch. I've tried looking for some YouTube videos to help bring me up to speed, but I'm still a little bit confused. Are there any tips or a general guideline for me to follow for someone returning since vanilla like me?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I've never raided before I would really like to! Are there any active resetera clans on PS4 these days?

Hi

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
talking the crucible step :(

Cant even complaint about yours because i cant fucking reach it
You just need to play passive and focus on staying alive. Stay close to walls and corners so you can retreat if you know very well you will lose the fight. Apart from getting kills, getting assist kills also helps with the streak.

Destiny PvP is all about game sense. If you know that looking at your radar there's a guy waiting to shotgun you at the corner, you create a distance so you can kill him before his shotgun can even reach you or avoid that corner. If you see your radar pings at 2 different areas means you get the fuck out and rejoin your teammates.

If you got hit first before you fire the first shot...retreat, instead of hoping you will outplay him. Always play according to the distance your weapons excel in. Crouching also helps because it takes you off the radar so you surprise shoot them.

The Last Word is primarily a PvP weapon so of course PvP steps are part of the quest. If you can't even climb over those PvP steps then The Last Word is not even worth pursuing.

Nov 14, 2017
Hey folks!

I'm looking to get back into Destiny after a full year of not playing (I left before the first DLC hit). From everything I've heard, it seems like Bungie addressed a lot of the issues I had (not enough to do in the endgame, no loot to grind for, pvp not being fun).

Anyway, since it's been so long, I'm thinking about starting a new character from scratch. I've tried looking for some YouTube videos to help bring me up to speed, but I'm still a little bit confused. Are there any tips or a general guideline for me to follow for someone returning since vanilla like me?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I've never raided before I would really like to! Are there any active resetera clans on PS4 these days?
PM Ruthless for a link to the Discord. The PS4 LFG is pretty good about getting newbies into raids I think. I'd bring you along for sure!

Oct 25, 2017
You just need to play passive and focus on staying alive. Stay close to walls and corners so you can retreat if you know very well you will lose the fight. Apart from getting kills, getting assist kills also helps with the streak.

Destiny PvP is all about game sense. If you know that looking at your radar there's a guy waiting to shotgun you at the corner, you create a distance so you can kill him before his shotgun can even reach you or avoid that corner. If you see your radar pings at 2 different areas means you get the fuck out and rejoin your teammates.

If you got hit first before you fire the first shot...retreat, instead of hoping you will outplay him. Always play according to the distance your weapons excel in. Crouching also helps because it takes you off the radar so you surprise shoot them.

The Last Word is primarily a PvP weapon so of course PvP steps are part of the quest. If you can't even climb over those PvP steps then The Last Word is not even worth pursuing.

I don't mind too much that it has PvP steps but its just the losing progress thing is fucking trash because it requires a type of consistency this mode has a tendency to not afford unless you are super sweaty (which i'm not nor ever will be) and it can punish you even if you actually WIN. That's a terrible way for a step to be implemented tbh

So my beef is not with it being PvP steps in general its just that particular one that punishes you severely when there are plenty of opportunities to have shit games.

Ill still try because i'm a stubborn idiot but this is no fun at all due to how soul crushing it can be:(

Last edited:

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind too much that it has PvP steps but its just the losing progress thing is fucking trash because it requires a type of consistency this mode has a tendency to not afford unless you are super sweaty (which i'm not nor ever will be) and it can punish you even if you actually WIN. That's a terrible way for a step to be implemented tbh

So my beef is not with it being PvP steps in general its just that particular one that punishes you severely when there are plenty of opportunities to have shit games.

Ill still try because i'm a stubborn idiot but this is no fun at all due to how soul crushing it can be:(
Like I said, it's all about gamesense. Your main priority is to stay alive and retreat from fights if you know you gonna lose. You focus on those two aspects, you can finished the quest. Let your teammate clean up and you reap the assists kill that contributes to your progress further.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

To get progress on the step, you only need to maintain a KD of 0.5, in game efficiency of ~0.7-0.9, which can be EASILY done by simply hanging around teammates and disengage as soon as getting shot at first.

Dec 2, 2017

Play. Rumble.

You only need to come in top 3 out of 6 for it to count as a win, and you're not going to get snowballed.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I got the first PVP step of The Last Word done in 4 games and 3 of those were losses. You get the same amount of points towards the quest with an assist as you do with a kill and you lose an even amount for deaths. So the number one rule is don't die! Just stay near team mates and try to get even 1 bullet in on enemies before they die and the quest is very doable.

But yes, as others have said game sense is really important. Look at your radar and don't run into trouble. Stay close to team mates and make it a team fight instead of being caught out solo. Pulse rifles are the best for this as its easy to land some hits even at range and they are pretty forgiving overall.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Play. Rumble.

You only need to come in top 3 out of 6 for it to count as a win, and you're not going to get snowballed.
Do wins actually count or is it just kills? I'm making slow but decent progress playing rumble with blast furnace (zen moment, rampage) and Jotunn. Usually I play the round til I get my super, pop it and rack as many kills as I can, and then peace out to the next match cuz I figured it was more efficient but if "wins" actually count maybe I should just play the round to the end. Also if you find yourself very outmatched early on and you're losing a lot of 1v1s just leave and move on to the next game it's just not worth the frustration

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Do wins actually count or is it just kills? I'm making slow but decent progress playing rumble with blast furnace (zen moment, rampage) and Jotunn. Usually I play the round til I get my super, pop it and rack as many kills as I can, and then peace out to the next match cuz I figured it was more efficient but if "wins" actually count maybe I should just play the round to the end. Also if you find yourself very outmatched early on and you're losing a lot of 1v1s just leave and move on to the next game it's just not worth the frustration
wins or loses don't matter as long you maintain a positive K/D

but naturally, if your team is winning, you will have better assists

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just finished the 25 Crucible medals part. That one took maybe 6 games. I just played normally and they seemed to come without too much fuss. Lots of Jotunn's out there today. I want one! =(

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
How many powerful frames did you forge? I didn't think Jotunn drops are rare?!

Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK OFF QUEST STEP, GOD

Like I said, it's all about gamesense. Your main priority is to stay alive and retreat from fights if you know you gonna lose. You focus on those two aspects, you can finished the quest. Let your teammate clean up and you reap the assists kill that contributes to your progress further.

Basically went 100% with this mindset and while it took a bit i finally did it.

Thanks

To get progress on the step, you only need to maintain a KD of 0.5, in game efficiency of ~0.7-0.9, which can be EASILY done by simply hanging around teammates and disengage as soon as getting shot at first.

You have not seen me play then.

will be in the .5 -.7 range more times than i should admit :(

Play. Rumble.

Was thinking about this but i'm usually fucking terrible at a 1 to 1 engagement (especially when its some shotgun) so i didn't bother with it.

Now i can get to complain about that final part once i'm there :P

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just managed to get that hidden Gambit triumph where all four players had to deposite 15 motes at the same time. Was really close too and we lost a guy who was carrying 15 motes in the first invade, but we managed to defeat a HVT quickly and farm back up to 15 in no time. Went 10-1 today.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I had to quit a LFG raid early cause I mistimed my plans... I feel really bad cause the guy said this kept happening to him ;-;

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK OFF QUEST STEP, GOD

Basically went 100% with this mindset and while it took a bit i finally did it.

Thanks

You have not seen me play then.

will be in the .5 -.7 range more times than i should admit :(

Was thinking about this but i'm usually fucking terrible at a 1 to 1 engagement (especially when its some shotgun) so i didn't bother with it.

Now i can get to complain about that final part once i'm there :P
Continue to focus on this aspects and you will see your PvP game dramatically improved even if you had already completed the last word steps, applied that whenever you do your 5 games pvp weekly or Iron banner.

Even streamers always retreat when know they will die if they continue to persist.

Don't care about winning or losing a QP match, focus on staying alive/retreat and getting a positive KD is what matters. Because of this mindset is why I enjoy PvP alot more.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For TLW crucible steps,

Get a rapid fire or high impact Scout

Hug the back of the map and just land shots, you dont have to get kills. Assists count as well.

keep an eye on your radar

have a shotgun or sidearm for close encounters,

for heavy, if you have a Colony, those are guaranteed kills, sweet! no judgements here

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Before I got booted I went from 1000 to 1900, hopefully get fabled in the next week or so

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
How many powerful frames did you forge? I didn't think Jotunn drops are rare?!

Took me 23 powerful frames personally, spread out over 4 weeks. Could've easily gone into week 5 if I didn't get it on the last frame of this week. And I've only ever seen it drop once for teammates while doing Bergusia. Jotunn drop isn't as common as people make it out to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Okay since you intentionally put it out there, I have to ask: why would mentioning your clanmates being unlucky potentially to the point of discouragement make you more satisfied? So much so that you would go out of your way to mention it?

People are reallllllly fucking weird. If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Okay since you intentionally put it out there, I have to ask: why would mentioning your clanmates being unlucky potentially to the point of discouragement make you more satisfied? So much so that you would go out of your way to mention it?

People are reallllllly fucking weird. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.
It's a joke.. They kicked me at the end as you can see in the clip and when it dropped everyone was laughing hard in disbelief. It ties into the fact that my struggle for the SoS emote is well documented and every Spire run someone gets to rub it in when they inevitably get it dropped for them, sometimes back to back. So it's funny that after months of taunting and being very late to doing Scourge that of anyone, I get it off the bat. Through EP guns to Wayfarer I've not exactly been known for my RNG luck lol.

I don't really see what's 'reallllllly fucking weird' about a bit of banter and mock rivalry among friends, honestly. Chill.

If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

People are reallllllly fucking weird. If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.

I find this response pretty fucking weird.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
thanks to Cornbread and the gang, I did completed my first full D2 raid last night, Scourge.

thanks allot guys! I had no idea what was going on.

i got a decent Threat Level and a really poopy roll Tempered Dynamo

Nov 14, 2017

The first 10 VoG HM clears I did, I got a Vex every other try. After the first, I used to clip me getting and then sharding it and then share it with friends who I knew were super salty about not getting it yet. Good times.

Oct 26, 2017
A few things that needs to happen in D2.

1: Reverie dawn gear needs to be able to drop in the wild from various activities in Dreaming City. Like Blind well or just doing shit in dreaming city, not only from the weekly and daily bounties. How this is not a thing yet is beyond me. There is nothing to do but the dailies and weeklies. Why would i run Blind well after i have done those? Very very strange from Bungie.

2: All armours need to be able to drop with Enhanced perks.

3: Solo player Match Making in Comp.

4: All nightfalls to be offered so we can farm whatever we like.

5: Being able to reroll Exotics" Think glass needle from D1" they are so uncommon that getting the roll you want is nearly impossible.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Man Curse of Osiris campaign is hell of a slog, manages the rare feat of making time go slower while playing a game.
Haha yeah, pretty much although I gained some kind of weird enjoyment from completing all of it. Don't worry, Warmind is better and Forsaken is much, much better so things are only looking up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.