• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Okay since you intentionally put it out there, I have to ask: why would mentioning your clanmates being unlucky potentially to the point of discouragement make you more satisfied? So much so that you would go out of your way to mention it?

People are reallllllly fucking weird. If you're feeling this sort of manifest antipathy towards your clanmates rather than empathy and encouragement for them to get theirs soon, maybe you need a new clan. Seems unhealthy. But grats on your Anarchy, though. Wish I could find a reason to ever equip mine.
I don't ever play with anyone but this game is just way too thankless for me. I don't see how people muster up the strength doing countless raid runs for 1k Voices. As much as I want it - I'm just too numb to grinding anymore. This is probably whats turning me away from Anthem and TD2.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't ever play with anyone but this game is just way too thankless for me. I don't see how people muster up the strength doing countless raid runs for 1k Voices. As much as I want it - I'm just too numb to grinding anymore. This is probably whats turning me away from Anthem and TD2.

Destiny has been a thankless job since the Vault of Glass. It's the nature of the game.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Destiny has been a thankless job since the Vault of Glass. It's the nature of the game.
Indeed. Hence why I said I think I'm getting burned out by it. I know it won't change, so it's hard for me to stay motivated.

I think I enjoyed just being in peoples company back then since I used to have a dedicated group that I had known for years, so thats what got me through. I know thats not Bungies fault but it is what it is.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
A few things that needs to happen in D2.

1: Reverie dawn gear needs to be able to drop in the wild from various activities in Dreaming City. Like Blind well or just doing shit in dreaming city, not only from the weekly and daily bounties. How this is not a thing yet is beyond me. There is nothing to do but the dailies and weeklies. Why would i run Blind well after i have done those? Very very strange from Bungie.

2: All armours need to be able to drop with Enhanced perks.

3: Solo player Match Making in Comp.

4: All nightfalls to be offered so we can farm whatever we like.

5: Being able to reroll Exotics" Think glass needle from D1" they are so uncommon that getting the roll you want is nearly impossible.

1. By Destiny standards the armor is still a very high drop rate. 7 daily, 1 weekly, AC bounty, AC chest, Blind well T4 chest, Petra's weekly challenge(2), Story mission, Oracle chest...that's 15 potential armor drops a week. I think it's a good number and enough motivation to make players keep on doing the DC stuff every week for a chance at recovery armor with enhanced perks. But then again, you can end up with 15 tigerspites :P

They should add it to the loot pool of Heroic PE's and Lost Sector chest, but I don't see that happening.

2. Not all, but more armor for sure. Boggles the mind why the Forge armor does not have enhanced perks, especially since you can only get 1 piece per char per week outside of the forge polymers. I think next season the gambit armor will have a chance to roll enhanced perks, and quite possibly also the IB armor.

3. Solo mm in comp isn't likely - it would mean longer times to find a match and laggy connections. A solo mode for QP should definitely exist, even D1 had it.

4. They just need to add a small chance at the NF loot to heroic strikes, solves that issue. Also a better algorithm to rotate the NF's, so we don't get Fanatic strike for 2 months straight.

5. Xur or his bounties next season might have something like that, but not getting my hopes up.

Prime engram does not drop Reverie dawn gear right?
I cant remember seeing that happen...

Prime engrams are useless once you reach the PL cap, and no, they don't drop anything worthwhile.

Oct 26, 2017
1. By Destiny standards the armor is still a very high drop rate. 7 daily, 1 weekly, AC bounty, AC chest, Blind well T4 chest, Petra's weekly challenge(2), Story mission, Oracle chest...that's 15 potential armor drops a week. I think it's a good number and enough motivation to make players keep on doing the DC stuff every week for a chance at recovery armor with enhanced perks. But then again, you can end up with 15 tigerspites :P

They should add it to the loot pool of Heroic PE's and Lost Sector chest, but I don't see that happening.

Yes 15 potential drops per week.. that I will finish in 1 day.... the rest of the week? There is nothing to farm for and thats a big issue. blind well has 1 drop at tier 4 per week. there is no point in doing that event again. Its a huge waste. Having prime engrams not drop reverie dawn gear just feels very strange and this is something they need to add.
Public events does not drop anything.. Bungie mentioned that this new DLC would be for Hardcore end game content but I cant see it yet.

Bungie needs to adress this fast, as its a big flaw in the game IMO. They have however turned D2 around. Made small improvements since launch and i am liking it. hopefully they continue improving and adding less restrictions to farming and add more gear to farm for cause its lacking in its current form.

RNG is horrible in this game so they can update the old loot with enhanced perks and reverie dawn sources without it breaking the game.. its just not made to farm in and thats the whole damn point with a loot game..

Last edited:

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Yes 15 potential drops per week.. that I will finish in 1 day.... the rest of the week? There is nothing to farm for and thats a big issue. blind well has 1 drop at tier 4 per week. there is no point in doing that event again. Its a huge waste. Having prime engrams not drop reverie dawn gear just feels very strange and this is something they need to add.
Public events does not drop anything.. Bungie mentioned that this new DLC would be for Hardcore end game content but I cant see it yet.

Bungie needs to adress this fast, as its a big flaw in the game IMO. They have however turned D2 around. Made small improvements since launch and i am liking it. hopefully they continue improving and adding less restrictions to farming and add more gear to farm for cause its lacking in its current form.

RNG is horrible in this game so they can update the old loot with enhanced perks and reverie dawn sources without it breaking the game.. its just not made to farm in and thats the whole damn point with a loot game..
You also get 3 more powerfuls per character every three weeks from Shattered Throne. Then there are 40 eggs that each gove you one DC item.
I dunno, I kinda agree that all DC activities should drop a DC item, but also I'm swimming in DC gear right now so I don't really think it's that much of an issue.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
JFC

I've got 5 Threat Level shotguns and every single one of them has rolled with Air Assault.

Bungie. Get rid of that perk. It's fucking useless.

Oct 26, 2017
I am swimming reverie gear too but not reverie dawn gear with enhanced perks.

it´s fine that enhanced perks are rare, I do not mind that at all, infact its great. but I dont like that there is limitations on how much we can play to progress and earn gear, min/max characters. D1 year 3 was great like that but still had issues.

End game content needs to improve, thats all i am saying.

People who buy the DLC should have all planets gear updated with new perks etc. its just crazy why they haven not done that, there is nothing to do on all those planets they created.. waste.

Also why is Bloom still a thing on console? Get rid of ghost bullets please. lol rant over.

Last edited:

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
So I just spent a month getting my Light level to 610, plus a dozen triea to finish the first forge and get that machine gun frame finished.

Went back to Ada, and got absolutely nothing? Is this supposed to happen? I thought the frames gave you a weapon from its type...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Indeed. Hence why I said I think I'm getting burned out by it. I know it won't change, so it's hard for me to stay motivated.

I think I enjoyed just being in peoples company back then since I used to have a dedicated group that I had known for years, so thats what got me through. I know thats not Bungies fault but it is what it is.

Oh, definitely. I essentially have no reason to play the game at the moment save for whenever Shattered Throne week comes up. And even then, it's difficult to muster up the desire to play because it's tiresome to not get anything from it.

And of my clan is gone as well, only a few came back for Forsaken. We used to run Leviathan every week despite there being no reason for it.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As weird as it might sound, Destiny has only ever been a solo game for me.

Only when needing to do raids or NF have I ever called upon Discord.

I have a close group of friends who play games, and most had D1, but the constant need to invest in DLCs that splintered us if one of us didn't have it the latest drop killed their interests.

I enjoy my time with Destiny, its my go-to game for podcasts and classic shows I like to re-watch

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
So I just spent a month getting my Light level to 610, plus a dozen triea to finish the first forge and get that machine gun frame finished.

Went back to Ada, and got absolutely nothing? Is this supposed to happen? I thought the frames gave you a weapon from its type...
The gun should drop from the forge when you finish the frame

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know where else to ask, and I know quite a few have SSD for destiny here, so I was wondering a question.

Anyone use a internal ssd for destiny, say like 500gb and still able to use external hard drive for other shit that few extra seconds won't matter?

I have a 5tb external already, and was looking at Samsung 860 Evo 500 gb, which would be perfect I think for destiny/ division 2 maybe.

And would I need to get enclosure one? It's couple extra bucks. Or just use the one that's in my ps4 pro currently.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know where else to ask, and I know quite a few have SSD for destiny here, so I was wondering a question.

Anyone use a internal ssd for destiny, say like 500gb and still able to use external hard drive for other shit that few extra seconds won't matter?

I have a 5tb external already, and was looking at Samsung 860 Evo 500 gb, which would be perfect I think for destiny/ division 2 maybe.

And would I need to get enclosure one? It's couple extra bucks. Or just use the one that's in my ps4 pro currently.

Not sure what you are asking. Is an external SSD worth it? Absolutely. I bought these for my Xbox One - and I only use it for Destiny (so far)

SSD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07864WMK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enclosure: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5RLG2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Today was The Last Word day. I got pretty lucky with the Hive Witches Rituals in that I caught 3 in a row on Titan and in between them I just ran that Lost Sector right next to it over and over. The 15 Wanted kills + 3 Rituals probably took me a around 2 hours to finish so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The last mission was made easier by reading the advice given here which was "shoot his hand/gun and shoot in the order they appear". Doing that I was able to clear it in one go, so thanks for that!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How's the annual pass content? It's £10 off at the moment, worth it?

Hard to say at the moment as we've only experienced one out of three of the content drops. So far, the first one is meh. No doubt, the rest won't differ too much in quality.

If you really wanna keep playing Destiny past Forsaken but don't want to wait until September again to do it (I imagine that's when the next big announced content will be, as usual), get it.

This stuff is good enough to keep the community occupied until the next big expansion, but that's about it. It's just an excuse to keep playing the game we already enjoy.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hard to say at the moment as we've only experienced one out of three of the content drops. So far, the first one is meh. No doubt, the rest won't differ too much in quality.

If you really wanna keep playing Destiny past Forsaken but don't want to wait until September again to do it (I imagine that's when the next big announced content will be, as usual), get it.

This stuff is good enough to keep the community occupied until the next big expansion, but that's about it. It's just an excuse to keep playing the game we already enjoy.
Thanks, I think I'll hold off until I run through forsaken so I have a better idea of the end game. Currently just going through warmind.
It's on sale for another week anyway.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished Curse of Osiris. I liked it for the most part. A bit repetitive but at least the Infinite Forest would be changed up from time to time and I think that's a really nice looking area. Found the voice work to be really nice. I've always liked how Destiny 2's missions play out. The gunplay, feeling of empowerment, and the music makes it all work and it's the same here. It was actually longer then I expected given opinions of it I've seen. That said they had to be crazy charging $20 for this originally. As fun as it was that is in no way a fair price. Yes it's a new area that's a third of the original asking price for the game and not all of the missions take place there!

I feel it being apart of the Forsaken purchase (which is how I got and even that was on sale for me) now is far more fair and I would imagine that might be the general feeling at this point. It and Warmind together for $20 is likely fair as well.

I remember there being a problem when this came out but since I wasn't playing and didn't have the game I didn't really pay attention. I get it now though. I think I would have been really pissed.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Threat Level with TB, but also with Rifled barrel, Appended/Extended mag and Range MW. I think I like this better than the curated one.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I wish I'd stop getting Edge Transit over and over and over and over and over and over for all my daily and weekly drops. I thought they fucking fixed this bullshit.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Internal means you'll have to format the ps4, and install the software from safe mode via a usb drive. Then re-download all your saved games, themes etc and set up PSN account(S).

But yes, you can install an internal ssd for better system performance and games like Destiny while using an external hdd for other games. You don't need an enclosure for an internal drive, it will replace the existing 500gb/1tb drive you have in the ps4.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Guess who is finally a Wayfarer?!
wayfair-image-1-300x200.jpg

just got what I need

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
That's a pretty awesome Triumph score. I checked mine this weekend and I am like 25k or something, haha.

On another note, that special version of the Corrupted Strike for Malfeasance is kind of ridiculous. I thought it would be similar in difficulty to the one you have to run to unlock Izanami but no, it is much worse. I gave up on trying to solo it out of pure aggravation so will likely be hitting up the ERA Discord soon for a partner or two.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty awesome Triumph score. I checked mine this weekend and I am like 25k or something, haha.

On another note, that special version of the Corrupted Strike for Malfeasance is kind of ridiculous. I thought it would be similar in difficulty to the one you have to run to unlock Izanami but no, it is much worse. I gave up on trying to solo it out of pure aggravation so will likely be hitting up the ERA Discord soon for a partner or two.
I got a Hunter who is stuck on that mission. You on PS4?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I gave up on trying to solo it out of pure aggravation so will likely be hitting up the ERA Discord soon for a partner or two.
I'm down to do it, and am on the Discord. I should be free for a few hours in about an hour if that aligns.

I'm scraping the barrel on triumphs, and still waiting for my Phoenix Protocol to drop for a quick 150 bomb

1yjFMVZ.png
Crazy, but have to respect the grind. Nice achievement bud. Hope you get the Phoenix, been waiting for it, one eyed mask or the shards for ages.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm on PC and I appreciate the support, folks. Won't be back online until tonight and will hit up the LFG in our ERA Discord.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
How many wins does it take to finish the final Infamy rank in Gambit? I got it last night but since only wins give you XP I don't think I'll have enough time to finish before the season is over.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, all you see on Twitch are "NF carries, NF help!" so I click it and everybody playing is on a recov. SWEET

Status
Not open for further replies.