• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Luna and NF need to be removed from the game, they are killing comp and qp.

Those guns have done more harm than good.
Just sayian.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
For anyone else on the PC, do you aim down the sights with Last Word or just hip fire it and call it a day? Seems like the hip fire bonuses aren't really worth the loss of being able to spot a bullet for precision damage.

Luna and NF need to be removed from the game, they are killing comp and qp.

Those guns have done more harm than good.

Just sayian.
At least on the PC they seem to have taken a sharp nosedive since Last Word dropped. And in any case, they are easily outranged with a good pulse or scout or sniper. Blast Furnace / Go Figure have a .8ttk vs .67 for LH/NF (optimal) so it isn't even that much of a disadvantage. It's no fun being two tapped by one of those HC's but with Blast Furnace and some strategic maneuvering I am finding I can win against them at least as often as I lose.

Fuck Icebreaker. Bring back the Zhalo Supercell.

Yeah, Icebreaker does not need to come back. Whisper does essentially the same thing but at least requires a modicum of skill to attain and to proc the perk. Zhalo was extremely fun but doesn't Riskrunner do the same thing + a little more? If it came back I'm thinking it might need some kind of new gimmick to make it not be redundant.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone else on the PC, do you aim down the sights with Last Word or just hip fire it and call it a day? Seems like the hip fire bonuses aren't really worth the loss of being able to spot a bullet for precision damage.

At least on the PC they seem to have taken a sharp nosedive since Last Word dropped. And in any case, they are easily outranged with a good pulse or scout or sniper. Blast Furnace / Go Figure have a .8ttk vs .67 for LH/NF (optimal) so it isn't even that much of a disadvantage. It's no fun being two tapped by one of those HC's but with Blast Furnace and some strategic maneuvering I am finding I can win against them at least as often as I lose.

Yeah, Icebreaker does not need to come back. Whisper does essentially the same thing but at least requires a modicum of skill to attain and to proc the perk. Zhalo was extremely fun but doesn't Riskrunner do the same thing + a little more? If it came back I'm thinking it might need some kind of new gimmick to make it not be redundant.
I want Elemenal Primaries to return.

Dec 2, 2017

Yeah, Riskrunner took Zhalo's spot.

Gimme Monte Carlo. Who didn't dig that thing?

I also want them to bring back Super Good Advice, but actually follow through on the thing where it's supposed to have a personality.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hand cannon meta keeps PVP alive - no one wants to run around with ARs and pulse rifles. Hand cannons should always be dominant in the right hands. That said, a skilled player will win with any weapon - it will just be extremely boring.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Doesn't make sense to reward already ultra skilled players with two-tappers with an absurd range

Every time a LH/NF drops that person becomes a gate-keeper to other trying to get those weapons, its a serpent eating its own tail

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hand cannon meta keeps PVP alive - no one wants to run around with ARs and pulse rifles. Hand cannons should always be dominant in the right hands. That said, a skilled player will win with any weapon - it will just be extremely boring.

The point is that a comp-exclusive gun reserved for sweats should not make the game miserable for players just trying to play QP.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The point is that a comp-exclusive gun reserved for sweats should not make the game miserable for players just trying to play QP.

I think for certain players any dominant weapon will make them miserable. Some people can never be pleased. Personally, I am worried that Bungie is reverting back to their normal selves and nerfing anything "fun."

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Today was a pretty good RNG day for me. Managed to get 3 new exotics in the span of 2 hours.

Got Shards of Galanor from a daily heroic strike, Lord of Wolves from Spider's Bounty, and Le Monarque from unlocking Gofannon forge on my 3rd character.

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
Kadey with the reverse harem. I know it's a whole bunch of other dudes with you at the top of their Crucible lists.

Yep

uEGlGCo.png

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Dredgen title. Going with Nova Bomb instead of Chaos Reach had been a nice change of pace. Rocking a healthy 75% winrate with my crew.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
How about you all stop bitching about Luna and get Luna yourself in comp together with clanmates? Isn't that the point of D Era clans? If you can spent a shitload of time doing 3 to 6 raids a week so why can't you do the same for comp?

You can 4 stack in comp to reach fabled for a easier time but in the end you didn't but bitch about it.

Any Luna user will tell you the range is piss poor and get outgunned by a pulse/scout/telesto/wavesplitter anytime. NF is a different story because that gun range is ridiculous.

"But but only the super sweaty pro players can get that comp exclusive gun!" Bullshit, then about those weapons like 1KV or Anarchy which are raid exclusive PvE guns? How many tries,time and effort in doing 3 to 6 times a week for a chance at it?

Look at LiK, his KD is 0.7 but he got his Luna by duo/4 stacking not to mention the time and effort he put in comp over the season which is 3 months. Reaching fabled is all about the time you put in. I got Luna or mountaintop 2 months after the start each season but what have you been doing in those 2 months besides just raiding and bounties?

I can agree that pvp matchmaking is dumpster fire garbage and comp needs a rework because it's a piece of shit but bitching about something that you yourself can get but did not think of putting in time is stupid.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Look at LiK, his KD is 0.7 but he got his Luna by duo/4 stacking not to mention the time and effort he put in comp over the season which is 3 months. Reaching fabled is all about the time you put in. I got Luna or mountaintop 2 months after the start each season but what have you been doing in those 2 months besides just raiding and bounties?
jesus dude you sure he's okay with being fucking called out like that

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
jesus dude you sure he's okay with being fucking called out like that
I'm not insulting him or have anything against him. I'm highlighting the fact that you don't need to be a super sweaty pro player to achieve a comp pinnacle weapon. He got my atmost respect for putting in time and effort to get what he wants instead of complaining.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Just got my Dredgen title. Going with Nova Bomb instead of Chaos Reach had been a nice change of pace. Rocking a healthy 75% winrate with my crew.

Congrats mate! I'm about to reset my Infamy for the second time and will be grinding Gambit matches till the new season hits in a couple weeks to push me over the third reset finish line. Never thought I'd be going for that particular seal, but grinding out Escalation Protocols for the rest of the Warmind Destinations-related gear is not fun for me at all.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not insulting him or have anything against him. I'm highlighting the fact that you don't need to be a super sweaty pro player to achieve a comp pinnacle weapon. He got my atmost respect for putting in time and effort to get what he wants instead of complaining.
my friend is a TRASHCAN but he's a DEDICATED TRASHCAN AND I RESPECT HIM FOR THAT

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Love Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

It's great to see skilled players rewarded with weapons that reward skill. In order to proc the perk that makes gun awesome instead of just very good, you need to be good at aiming to begin with. If you're not, you're probably better off with Ace of Spades or Trust anyway, since they're more forgiving (but with a lower ceiling as far as optimal TTK).

HC meta over AR meta, any day of the week.

Doesn't make sense to reward already ultra skilled players with two-tappers with an absurd range

Every time a LH/NF drops that person becomes a gate-keeper to other trying to get those weapons, its a serpent eating its own tail

Ace of Spades and Trust both have longer range with a lower skill gap. It's not that hard to earn LH with either of those two.

Last edited:

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Only true for PC. Console Ace is absolute garbage with recoil and bloom, there's a reason why people used Explosive rounds Trust instead of Ace to deal with Luna / NF.

Fair enough. I used AoS to earn LH on Xbone, then used LH to get NF.

I didn't have too much of a problem with it, but then I got One-Eyed Mask pretty early too lol

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

I don't think HCs alone should be dominant, but I agree precision weapons should be.

HCs, pulse rifles and scouts should ALWAYS out-TTK automatic weapons, and 1HK weapons should all be severely disadvantaged outside very specific scenarios.

The only shooter I've ever played that made full auto weapons fun to use was the TitanFall games, and that was primarily because you're bouncing around the map at 100mph.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I never get titled when I die to Luna/NF in 3 shots, if you managed to hit my dome 2-3 times in a row rapidly, you deserve the kill. Now shotgun apes on the other hand, ugh tilted for days.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
One-Eyed Mask nerf coming in early March. Y'all bout to get slapped.

Ideally it's nothing more than a cut-down on how long it marks targets, and the range at which targets stay marked.

The people whining about the health recov or the damage boost are out of their minds, every other weapon in the game has perks that boost damage, and plenty of exotics offer health regen.

Dec 2, 2017
I don't even want your dumb Luna's. Any schmuck can roll with that.

If you're really hardcore you run Redrix as your pinnacle.

I never get titled when I die to Luna/NF in 3 shots, if you managed to hit my dome 2-3 times in a row rapidly, you deserve the kill.

People always say this like it's some high-skill accomplishment as opposed to the basic thing every rando in the Crucible can do. Like, if you can't hit headshots consistently you're either a mediocre shotgun ape or you already quit. Dudes aren't missing in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.