• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Those are more like QoL exotics, nothing OP about them. The speed buff on Transversives is pretty small when you measure it, and odds are you don't have traction on your roll.

UNT8a8E.jpg

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Letting the timer count down on the wipe screen to the last second as your disappointed teammates groan - then suddenly coming back to life & rezzing the whole squad- was like the greatest hero moment possible in D1. Loved it.

I cant tell you the amount of times the whole group cheered after thinking it was over and we had to wipe. Or The Titan bubble saving us. Those magic moments are not in D2.

Last edited:

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but why is the topic of conversation changing? Your original post was the following...

...and now suddenly you're talking about other exotics needing to be better. What is the thesis and crux of your argument?

OEM is broken tier and it's influence is not exaggerated at all considering what benefits it offers on paper and in play.

The conversation moved forward, what's so confusing? I think instead of nerfs more exotics need to be buffed. OEM is the scapegoat now and something else will take its place once Bungie obliterates it.

That's it.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Self res was awful, glad it is gone. Radiance was glorious to run for boss DPS and mob clearing, not to mention voidwalker or stormcaller, so being badgered by your team to play in one specific way was incredibly irritating.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So I finally managed to get Battle.net to download the damned thing, so I'm looking to start this up tomorrow. Are there any decent new player/getting started guides out there? I searched this and the prior OT and didn't see anything. I'm not really interested in a step-by-step way to skip as much stuff as possible or whatever, just something to help learn the terminology and game systems without just clicking through the wiki. Or does the game just do a really good job of making sure everything is well explained?

TIA!

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
So I finally managed to get Battle.net to download the damned thing, so I'm looking to start this up tomorrow. Are there any decent new player/getting started guides out there? I searched this and the prior OT and didn't see anything. I'm not really interested in a step-by-step way to skip as much stuff as possible or whatever, just something to help learn the terminology and game systems without just clicking through the wiki. Or does the game just do a really good job of making sure everything is well explained?

TIA!
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...stiny_2_sandbox_update_faqs_returning_player/

Dec 2, 2017
Just wait till they bring back THE RAM

No one will ever complain about OEM or Wormhusk.
I can't see it. OEM would be okay if it did one of the things it does. But giving it wall hacks and instant full health regen and instant overshield and damage buff is just stupid. It's one of the most insane things in the history of Destiny. Look at how restrained they were with so many other exotics (Polaris Lance is so anal about giving you that little explosion it's hilarious, Vesper of Radius barely even does anything), and then here's this thing that's like 3 exotics in one and they're all borderline game breaking to begin with.

It's going down in Destiny history as one of the most WTF things they ever did for sure.

Dec 2, 2017
The conversation moved forward, what's so confusing? I think instead of nerfs more exotics need to be buffed. OEM is the scapegoat now and something else will take its place once Bungie obliterates it.

That's it.

That was their mantra last season, and it went too far. The meta last November when they had Wavesplitter, shards of Galanor giving endless blade barrages, Ursas, nova warp, gwisin spectral blades, OEM on top of everyone getting Luna's/NF, it was the worst ever. They ended up giving everyone a couple of moments of feeling powerful in exchange for spending most of the match feeling powerless, dying to random bs all over the place.

Fortunately they figured out it sucked pretty quickly & started dialing back on stuff. The game just has limits to how far it'll bend before it breaks.

OEM is definitely uniquely bad for balance - even Cammy is campaigning for it to be tossed out, and that guy can hang with anyone.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, do people in the thread feel like $60 for the complete collection for Destiny 2 Forsaken is a good price? I played the first one and really liked it and I'm looking for a looter-shooter fix.

Dec 2, 2017
I'm curious, do people in the thread feel like $60 for the complete collection for Destiny 2 Forsaken is a good price? I played the first one and really liked it and I'm looking for a looter-shooter fix.
So... in terms of hours I got like 10x worth that amount of entertainment out it so yeah, but it was also just on sale for way less, so you might want to hold off for a $30-40 sale.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just jump straight into D2? I bought everything, and I thought I could just watch a D1 story video on youtube. What does everyone think of that idea?

Dec 2, 2017
Can I just jump straight into D2? I bought everything, and I thought I could just watch a D1 story video on youtube. What does everyone think of that idea?
Yeah, you'll be fine. Some of the major Forsaken story beats assume you know what happened in Taken King, but D1's lore is super well documented, there are whole youtube channels dedicated to it. There's also a brief catch-up summary at the beginning of D2. People here can also explain pretty mich anything in between.

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Yes but don't use your character boost on your first play through. The red war story is pretty fun and you will learn the game better if you progress through earning your skills.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So the lackluster Anthem trial inspired me to update my D2 install and play both a bit of my capped character and start a new one, and holy lord is there a night and day difference between this game and that one. Thought about picking up the Annual Pass since I still have like $13 in BlizzBucks on my account and noticed it's on sale. Any idea how long the sale's going to be on for? It doesn't say on the page in BNet and I know they're weird about payment and the time it takes to add money as store credit and whatnot and to be honest I probably shouldn't be spending money on frivolous things til I get paid in a little over a week anyway.

Deleted member 4922

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the lackluster Anthem trial inspired me to update my D2 install and play both a bit of my capped character and start a new one, and holy lord is there a night and day difference between this game and that one. Thought about picking up the Annual Pass since I still have like $13 in BlizzBucks on my account and noticed it's on sale. Any idea how long the sale's going to be on for? It doesn't say on the page in BNet and I know they're weird about payment and the time it takes to add money as store credit and whatnot and to be honest I probably shouldn't be spending money on frivolous things til I get paid in a little over a week anyway.

pretty sure it lasts until the 25th, having trouble finding a link though

This Destiny Killer might actually boost Destiny's numbers.... 😐

anthem was so disappointing i ended up installing the free copy of destiny 2 i got on ps+; ended up really digging it and now i'm downloading it for pc for the better framerates/mouse+kb etc. got the forsaken collection or whatever for $30, i'm a total destiny virgin so i'm pretty stoked.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
pretty sure it lasts until the 25th, having trouble finding a link though

anthem was so disappointing i ended up installing the free copy of destiny 2 i got on ps+; ended up really digging it and now i'm downloading it for pc for the better framerates/mouse+kb etc. got the forsaken collection or whatever for $30, i'm a total destiny virgin so i'm pretty stoked.
Welcome a board, Forsaken is amazing.

Feel free to hit us up if you need co-op buddies.

Enjoy.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I have a doubt about the seasonal weapons.

I have a Gambit quest (the one that involves 40 matches and some other steps) and that is supposed to have appeared this season but does it need to be completed until the end of the season? How does that work?

I like this game but man does it need some in game guides

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Annual Pass is one sale on battle net but not Xbox? Bummer.

I've been meaning to pull the trigger but I'm not even 600...

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Nice!

I really wanted that weapon and no way I'm finishing that in time lol

I really need to invest time in learning how to get this weapon quests since it seems like the type of grind I can get behind.
Yes, you definitely want that weapon. Breakneck is the best PVE primary in the game right now and once you start Black Armory and can start purchasing Black Armory mods from Ada-1 slapping a Rampage mod on Breakneck you will think you died and went to shooter heaven. Ok, so maybe that's an exaggeration but Breakneck + Rampage mod is seriously good.

On the topic of the OEM I think removing the overshield and damage buff would be fine. Keep the wallhack but make it fairly short lived and keep the health regen on enemy death which jives with the whole idea of hunting down and removing the enemy who damaged you in the first place.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you definitely want that weapon. Breakneck is the best PVE primary in the game right now and once you start Black Armory and can start purchasing Black Armory mods from Ada-1 slapping a Rampage mod on Breakneck you will think you died and went to shooter heaven. Ok, so maybe that's an exaggeration but Breakneck + Rampage mod is seriously good.

On the topic of the OEM I think removing the overshield and damage buff would be fine. Keep the wallhack but make it fairly short lived and keep the health regen on enemy death which jives with the whole idea of hunting down and removing the enemy who damaged you in the first place.

They really knocked it out of the park with the pinnacle weapons.

We need More. I would like to see pinnacle weapons for every vendor and activity

Iron banner, Forge, Xur..

Love seeing legendaries with unique perks that change your playstyle but dont push you in exotic territory

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
They really knocked it out of the park with the pinnacle weapons.

We need More. I would like to see pinnacle weapons for every vendor and activity

Iron banner, Forge, Xur..

Love seeing legendaries with unique perks that change your playstyle but dont push you in exotic territory
Yeah they did. I've only gotten Breakneck and Loaded Question but those two are really unique and fun to use. Breakneck is now one of my most favorite all time Destiny guns entering my personal hall of fame with the likes of D1 Hawkmoon. Nothing like getting the full 3x Rampage / Onslaught going and mowing through hordes of badguys while orbs pop out everywhere.

In other news, I finally got a Blast Furnace with a PVP roll that I am content with. Rasmussen sight (a must for me) Tactical Mag, Snapshot Sights and Killclip with Stability Masterwork. This one could reach 97 stability with a Counterbalance Mod at +10MW or 95 stability at +8MW. For PVP, I highly value the Rasmussen sight, the Snapshot Sights and the very high stability for laser like bullet placement. Reload is quick enough with Tactical Mag and Killclip ups the lethality factor even further. I think this will be my keeper as I shift my focus to Handcannon frames for a better Kindled Orchid roll.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they did. I've only gotten Breakneck and Loaded Question but those two are really unique and fun to use. Breakneck is now one of my most favorite all time Destiny guns entering my personal hall of fame with the likes of D1 Hawkmoon. Nothing like getting the full 3x Rampage / Onslaught going and mowing through hordes of badguys while orbs pop out everywhere.

In other news, I finally got a Blast Furnace with a PVP roll that I am content with. Rasmussen sight (a must for me) Tactical Mag, Snapshot Sights and Killclip with Stability Masterwork. This one could reach 97 stability with a Counterbalance Mod at +10MW or 95 stability at +8MW. For PVP, I highly value the Rasmussen sight, the Snapshot Sights and the very high stability for laser like bullet placement. Reload is quick enough with Tactical Mag and Killclip ups the lethality factor even further. I think this will be my keeper as I shift my focus to Handcannon frames for a better Kindled Orchid roll.
Counterbalance is trash on Blast Furnace since it already has a 65 recoil direction.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
What are pinnacle weapons? Are they one of things I have quest steps for?

Yes. Pinnacle Weapons are rewards for doing an activity a lot. They're supposed to be some of the better/best weapons offered.

Current ones are:

- Luna's Howl, The Mountaintop, Not Forgotten (Competitive)
- Breakneck (Gambit)
- Loaded Question (Strikes)

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
That's still pretty OP. I would keep the tracking as is and that's it

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Btw, what's the power level of the pinnacle weapons?

I really wish they had some tutorials for this stuff in game!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Btw, what's the power level of the pinnacle weapons?

I really wish they had some tutorials for this stuff in game!
They are awarded as Powerful Gear so they will always be a couple of points above your current LL average or 650 if you happen to be maxed. In my case I was 650 before I got Breakneck and Loaded Question so they were awarded at 650.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
They are awarded as Powerful Gear so they will always be a couple of points above your current LL average or 650 if you happen to be maxed. In my case I was 650 before I got Breakneck and Loaded Question so they were awarded at 650.

Powerful Engrams don't have level gating? I thought they stopped dropping above 580 or something and only Prime dropped above your level.

Anyway, thanks!

I'm 570 something right now.

EDIT: Getting that 600 drop at the Halloween event was so good.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Prime Engrams and Powerful Gear rewards will continue to push your Light Level up until you reach the cap. That's why its worth doing all of the activities that you can on a weekly basis. The game knows your max current Light Level and Powerful Gear rewards and Prime Engrams will always be somewhere between +1 and +5 over that number so that you slowly move towards the cap of 650.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah you probably want the AP if you want to level to 650 faster, the regular powerful drops only give +2-3 after 600 if you don't raid.

Are the Black Armory drops 600+? This will be pretty irrelevant since the next content drop is like one week away lol

I don't intend to raid, I just hope I can reach level 650 (or the next max level without that). I'm not a fan of how the drops have level gates in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.