• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Are the Black Armory drops 600+? This will be pretty irrelevant since the next content drop is like one week away lol

I don't intend to raid, I just hope I can reach level 650 (or the next max level without that). I'm not a fan of how the drops have level gates in them.
Black Armory adds 3 more weekly powerful drops which can be easily grinded out, and they drop +5-7 of your max. There are also 3 exotics, one of them a quest, two of them RNG drop alongside your weekly powerful, and on top of that you have a new raid. Powerful drop level gates have been very noticably tuned down, you can pretty much get to 650 from 600 in like 3 weeks without raiding, just by doing everything you can. And if you have the Crimson Days event reward bow which is a fixed 650, it's even faster.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Black Armory adds 3 more weekly powerful drops which can be easily grinded out, and they drop +5-7 of your max. There are also 3 exotics, one of them a quest, two of them RNG drop alongside your weekly powerful, and on top of that you have a new raid. Powerful drop level gates have been very noticably tuned down, you can pretty much get to 650 from 600 in like 3 weeks without raiding, just by doing everything you can. And if you have the Crimson Days event reward bow which is a fixed 650, it's even faster.

Thanks for the info!

Happy that there's less gating now! Unfortunately missed Crimson Days since I was on a break from the game.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao carried my bro through Bergusia to get his weekly slot pull for Jotunn. We finish the encounter and it drops on his first try(In jest before carrying him I boasted I was lucky and that he would get one first try). I'm yelling in excitement for him...he stays quiet. "It dropped for you look at the message". *awkward silence*
Welp got a Jotunn on 4th and 5th Bergusia completion.

Dec 2, 2017
Breakneck is fine but nothing mind blowing for me, even with the rampage mod. But Loaded Question is one of my favourite Destiny weapons ever.

I really tried to give Redrix a shot, it's fine, but even in PvE I have a full auto + zen moment Go Figure that outperforms it. They need to give that thing a bit of attention, it's a tweak away from being badass.

Btw, what's the power level of the pinnacle weapons?

I really wish they had some tutorials for this stuff in game!
A big part of this game is the online community and discussion. Don't feel discouraged if something's not entirely clear in game, it's guaranteed there are youtube videos and forum discussions dissecting it day one. People solving things together becomes a big part of the game, it's intentional and actually pretty fun. Feel free to ask here if something doesn't make sense. We all still do. Googling will generally get you your answer pretty quickly too.

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Breakneck is fine but nothing mind blowing for me, even with the rampage mod. But Loaded Question is one of my favourite Destiny weapons ever.

I really tried to give Redrix a shot, it's fine, but even in PvE I have a full auto + zen moment Go Figure that outperforms it. They need to give that thing a bit of attention, it's a tweak away from being badass.

A big part of this game is the online community and discussion. Don't feel discouraged if something's not entirely clear in game, it's guaranteed there are youtube videos and forum discussions dissecting it day one. People solving things together becomes a big part of the game, it's intentional and actually pretty fun. Feel free to ask here if something doesn't make sense. We all still do. Googling will generally get you your answer pretty quickly too.

I get that but as someone who likes to play pretty casual it's a bummer when I not know what to do next or if some content is worth it.

I have asked stuff here since like Destiny 1 alpha lol but sometimes I wish some stuff was clearer! (And the game now has a much better balance of clear progression + fun community stuff).

Anyway, I have my stuff to grind now!

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 noob here. I got base destiny free when they were giving it away. I am at level 20 but i see that my xp is still increasing. I know the cap is 20 without forsaken but if i choose to buy forsaken in the future will the experience i accumulate playing now save up and i would level up a bunch of levels imnediately when i buy forsaken? Not sure if explaining myself good here. :/

Dont have the money to buy forsaken at the moment but dont want the experience i am gaining while still doing adventures and the like to go to waste so to speak.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Your XP still rises even after reaching cap because you get Eververse Engrams on level up - unless it doesnt work like this in Vanilla anymore

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I hope at least they announce next pinnacle weapons in today's TWAB. I remember that's the first thing they showed with BA.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Methinks a large chunk of their team are lubing up for D3 or whatever its called.

Destiny: Eternal?

Destiny: Infinity?

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
A Pinnacle weapon for Black Armory would be pretty awesome but I have no idea what it might be. For pure hilarity sake a sidearm or SMG that causes shotgun apes to implode would be nice.

Oct 26, 2017
So I decided to try out Destiny 2 for the first time after Anthem has been turning out to be a bit of a dumpster fire. I got the base game for free last year during that PC promo, but I don't really know what that actually includes.

I hit level 20 today and have just been doing the main campaign, is any of this stuff even still relevant or is everyone just doing Forsaken content now? I honestly have no idea what people are doing but I can't seem to join any of the old strikes, do people still do those?

Help! D:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to try out Destiny 2 for the first time after Anthem has been turning out to be a bit of a dumpster fire. I got the base game for free last year during that PC promo, but I don't really know what that actually includes.

I hit level 20 today and have just been doing the main campaign, is any of this stuff even still relevant or is everyone just doing Forsaken content now? I honestly have no idea what people are doing but I can't seem to join any of the old strikes, do people still do those?

Help! D:

Most people do not play strikes by selecting a specific one. They play the strike playlist.

What you should be doing after the campaign is playing the DLC before Forsaken. Osiris and Warmind. Both of those will level you up to play Forsaken. You can mostly just do their campaigns and be move on, although Warmind has some rewards you should go after.

Oct 26, 2017
Most people do not play strikes by selecting a specific one. They play the strike playlist.

What you should be doing after the campaign is playing the DLC before Forsaken. Osiris and Warmind. Both of those will level you up to play Forsaken. You can mostly just do their campaigns and be move on, although Warmind has some rewards you should go after.

Thanks! I'll just keep on chugging away at the campaigns then.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Pinnacle weapons for

Xur
Black Armory
Iron Banner
Planetary Vendors

And whoever else I missed

Yep, bring them on. I would welcome the grind. This needs to happen so hopefully Bungie is listening.

Help! D:

I've seen lots of level 20's in the wild recently. I'm guessing there's an influx of new folks so welcome to the neighborhood. Lots of friendly folks around here so have fun and feel free to ask questions.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
How useful is the Annual Pass? Quite a steep buy-in compared to just buying Forsaken.

We only have one of 3 content drops and if you are in destiny for the long haul its worth it

That said try and complete what you paid for already and see if its a good fit

There is no rush and destiny community is pretty great about catching people up

Oct 26, 2017
We only have one of 3 content drops and if you are in destiny for the long haul its worth it

That said try and complete what you paid for already and see if its a good fit

There is no rush and destiny community is pretty great about catching people up

the weapons are strong but the content is in general poorly designed and/or lacking.

I'll just go for Forsaken for now, I only just completed the Base Campaign so I have a ton of content left to play.

Dec 2, 2017
Volundr runs: 25
Gofannon runs: 65
Izanami runs: 30
Bergusia runs: 30
Total: 150

Black Armory lore: complete
Black Armory collections badge: 22/23

Le Monarque: 0
Jötunn: 0

Damn you, RNJudas

I'll just go for Forsaken for now, I only just completed the Base Campaign so I have a ton of content left to play.
Forsaken is huge, you have no idea yet. Lots of people who've been going hardcore since launch still haven't done everything (count how many Cursebreakers or Rivensbanes you see running around, not too many). The forges & new raid in the season pass are fun, and the weapons are cool, but there is zero reason for you to rush on getting it yet, it's super end-gamey. So far it's mostly side dishes to Forsaken's main course.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Changes to gambit
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47638
To get Gambit primed for the Season of the Drifter, we have been working on some Quality of Life improvements We're changing the way this little game is played, based on our own experience as players and a lot of feedback that we've collected since Forsaken launched. Today, Senior Designer Robbie Stevens is speaking on behalf of the team to take us through the changes you can expect on March 5.

Robbie: As we build on the Gambit theme in Season of the Drifter, we want to make sure to address some of the top feedback items for the base activity. Below is a sneak-peak of changes we've made based on the community's feedback. Expect more details and additional quality-of-life changes for Gambit when Season of the Drifter drops on March 5.​

• Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
  • Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
  • Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
  • The Triumph "Light vs. Light" can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
  • Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
    • Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
    • Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
    • Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.

These changes arrive with the Season of the Drifter. To get you ready for the change in seasons, we're enabling Triple Infamy for the final week of Season of the Forge.

Triple Infamy
Start: 2/26/2019, 9 AM PST
End: 3/5/2019

Are you looking to become a Dredgen and impress the Drifter? Or maybe acquire a few weapons to round out your collection? Wins, losses, and bounties will all reward you with increased Infamy throughout the week.
Sandbox changes including One-Eyed Mask changes
Alongside the Gambit quality-of-life changes, our Sandbox Team will be fine-tuning some weapon archetypes to refresh the gameplay experience in Destiny 2. The following is a quick preview of some changes coming with Destiny Update 2.2.0, with developer commentary from Sandbox Designer Victor Anderson:

Linear Fusion Rifles
These Energy weapons have dominated Gambit for quite some time. First came Sleeper Simulant. Then came the Queenbreaker. We've made them less forgiving so we can enjoy a change of pace.​

• Linear Fusion Rifle aim-assist values will receive an adjustment to reduce effectiveness at very long ranges.
    • While Queenbreaker has high aim-assist values by default, we discovered an issue where it was not honoring aim-assist values that applied to other Linear Fusion Rifles of the same archetype. This resulted in Queenbreaker having over double the intended aim assist.
  • Linear Fusion Rifles will receive a 10% damage increase in PvE to compensate for the above changes.
Shotguns
In Season of the Drifter, we're making a few changes to rapid-fire Shotguns, and the Full Auto perk. We're doing this for a few reasons, one of them being that the Full Auto perk feels far too important to Shotguns in PvE. This perk effectively doubles the damage output of any given Shotgun due to the rate of fire increase.​
While we believe it is important to have useful perks on your weapons, the efficacy of this was so impactful that rapid-fire Shotguns became the only Shotguns worth considering for PvE. When the following changes release in Season of the Drifter, we hope you might be inspired to equip an aggressive Shotgun or maybe even take a slug Shotgun for a spin in a PvE activity.​

• Shotguns will receive a damage multiplier in PvE activities, effectively doubling their damage.
    • The Legend of Acrius is an exception to this.
  • Full Auto rate-of-fire bonus for Shotguns is now +10%, down from +100%.
    • In addition, it no longer increases the Shotgun pellet spread.
  • Default rate-of-fire values for have also shifted:
    • Aggressives are 55 RPM, up from 45 RPM
    • Precisions are 70 RPM, up from 55 RPM
    • Lightweights are 80 RPM (they were erroneously stated to be 90 RPM previously)
    • Rapid-Fire 140 RPM, down from 200 RPM (they were previously natively 100 RPM, but due to the intrinsic full auto, actually had 200 RPM)
    • Also reduced base damage for Shotguns across the board to align with their new rates of fire on a per sub-archetype basis.
  • Ammo reserves for Shotguns were re-evaluated due to the increased efficiency of having more damage per shot.
We also took the opportunity to slightly adjust Shotguns for the Crucible. While Shotguns will remain effective in the Crucible, we have toned down the range at which Shotguns could secure a one-shot kill.​
Additionally, the team has some information regarding balance changes for the One-Eyed Mask Exotic, which will release with Update 2.2.0:​
One-Eyed Mask
In various combat situations, One-Eyed Mask has been too effective, and has become a non-choice Exotic for Titans in PvP environments. After implementing the following changes, we believe the Exotic will still be potent if used well, but there will be more opportunities to counter it.​

• The duration of the Mark of Vengeance has been reduced from 15 seconds to 8 seconds
  • The way players refill health after a successful kill has changed. Before, it restored all of your health and the overshield refilled over time. Now, the health refills over time alongside the overshield. This should give a leg up when encountering situations where multiple people are fighting one person with the One-Eyed Mask equipped.
  • Vengeance will no longer trigger for players in Super. This was making Supers far too potent.

A new season means a new reality in combat. Keep up the chatter, and we'll keep curating the Sandbox so that Destiny adapts to the way you play!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gambit changes actually sound decent.

Changes to OEM don't seem like a whole lot to convince Titans to use any other exotic.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
It's up!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47638

Third round of Gambit is now Sudden Death.

THANK GOD

That should make things very interesting indeed. I hope they've also re-evaluated time-to-melt or at least demystify the process bc right now the damage they receive seems downright random.

Gonna be honest, Phalanxes being removed probably biggest change for me. fuck those guys.

That could change the meta in terms of banking motes since it currently makes more sense to send a ton of small blockers because the phalanx shield means it often takes longer to clear. But now it's going to be goblins? That ain't going to slows down anyone. Captains with shields (and those annoying balls they throw) for medium blockers seems like a good change.

why are they nerfing full auto in PvE?
why Bungie?
They will never learn...

Yeah I was disappointed when I saw that too. My go to shotgun for a while now has been Hawthorne's field-forged because of the full auto. Guess I might be looking elsewhere now.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
3rd round sudden death?

what does that mean for the dredgen secret triumph? it becomes nigh on impossible to get

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, once u go down there is no way to get back up lol and it's pretty slow, but it's my favorite jump for platforming.

Just double tap quickly and you'll go up a decent amount. Warlock jump as the best combination of in air control and distance.

They shoudl never have gotten rid of Self Rez, and the D1 Titan Dome. I cant tell you how much of a fk up that was to get rid of it.
It also created excitement, and made heroes.
That's just wrong. It created a situation where you were a massive dick if you ran anything other than self-res during raids. If you wanted to be something else, you either had to be running with friends or do a flawless raid otherwise LFG groups would get super salty with you.

I do think they should add more utility back to bubble titan though.

Dec 2, 2017
Those changes sound great. Light vs. Light was too random. The spawn points were definitely too easy to destroy someone at the moment they spawn in. Faster matches sounds good. OEM nerf sounds fair. Reduced PvP shotgun range = let's have a parade.

Don't know how I feel about the PvE shotgun changes until I try them. I have a full auto + threat detector Dustrock that's my go-to kinetic secondary, I'll be kinda bummed if it sucks now. Not sure how I feel about the linear fusion nerf. Queenbreaker was silly, but I'm not sure Crooked Fang & Tarantula needed nerfing.

Dec 2, 2017
Gambit changes actually sound decent.

Changes to OEM don't seem like a whole lot to convince Titans to use any other exotic.

Reducing it from 15 to 8 seconds is huge, it means it's way harder to cross the map to the spawn point & hunt someone down (given that at least 4 of those seconds will be the wait between spawns). You'll just have a general idea where they are, which is fair. Slowing the energy regen is great too, it means if someone is absolute they can still be killed by a teammate, instead of them suddenly being in the dominant position. It completely changes the dynamic.

3rd round sudden death?

what does that mean for the dredgen secret triumph? it becomes nigh on impossible to get

Oh snap, you're right. We need to get a charity triumph gambit train rolling.

That's just wrong. It created a situation where you were a massive dick if you ran anything other than self-res during raids. If you wanted to be something else, you either had to be running with friends or do a flawless raid otherwise LFG groups would get super salty with you.

Isn't it basically still the same thing with well? LFG posts are always asking for well+Luna's.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Increased rpm for crucible shotguns could easily be a net buff if shotgun ranges don't see a significant nerf across the board

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some secret to these garbage forges? I tried them out the last couple days but I failed every attempt with randoms - and everyone was well above 625. Like...what the is this absurd spam of enemies and the ridiculous short time for completion?

Status
Not open for further replies.