• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
DRB can drop from random legendary engrams, as a reward from completing lost sectors and from completing spider bounties with a gear reward.

When it comes to having a good one, the two things you're looking for are Rifled Barrel/Full Choke and Accurized Rounds. If it has those two things, it's a keeper, the other two perks are entirely ancillary, but if you find one with Slideshot and Full Auto/Rampage in addition to the previously mentioned barrel perks and accurized rounds then you've basically got a godroll.

Range Masterwork is also preferred, obviously.

how do assault mag and full auto play in? Dont they increase the fire rate?

mine has full choke, assault mag, full auto, and range masterwork

i'm thinking my other previous one may well have had accurized, but it's not in my vault so evidently i sharded it :(

also isn't there a certain lost sector you can farm dust rock from for the other guy? maybe he should google that.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
DRB can drop from random legendary engrams, as a reward from completing lost sectors and from completing spider bounties with a gear reward.

When it comes to having a good one, the two things you're looking for are Rifled Barrel/Full Choke and Accurized Rounds. If it has those two things, it's a keeper, the other two perks are entirely ancillary, but if you find one with Slideshot and Full Auto/Rampage in addition to the previously mentioned barrel perks and accurized rounds then you've basically got a godroll.

Range Masterwork is also preferred, obviously.

Ah thanks for the info, I was hoping to avoid Spider bounties but I guess a DRB is a DRB.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Buffing Scout Rifles, Autos and Pulses is NOT the answer. Luna's and NF are very powerful pinnacle weapons that are well worth the grind. A simple solution would be to reduce their effective range.

Recently, I'm beginning to think another possible, albeit drastic solution could be to change them from the Precision frame archetype (180 rpm) to a slower firing frame like the Lightweight or Adaptive frame archetypes (150 rpm / 140 rpm) respectively. Another possibility could be to simply reduce the damage buff that Magnificent Howl provides, if I'm not mistaken it provides a near 230% damage buff which is a bit insane when you think about it.

Like I can't think of another buff in the history of Destiny that provides that kind of damage buff.

Dec 2, 2017
It has been stated many times but, Lunas can be beaten with range, and its user must hit two back to back headshots.

So must everybody with every other primary, but that's not a hard thing to at all with a 180 rpm. The fact that it has crazy flinch too is where it enters "doing way too much" territory.

If it were trivial to counter it wouldn't be the thing every last crucible sweatlord was running. 2 crit one body + no recoil + flinch gives the user way more margin for error than anything in the game - it's precisely because it's easier to use than any other HC that people stick with it. Otherwise they'd all put it down for Last Word and its faster TTK like everyone did in D1.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
Buffing Scout Rifles, Autos and Pulses is NOT the answer. Luna's and NF are very powerful pinnacle weapons that are well worth the grind. A simple solution would be to reduce their effective range.

Recently, I'm beginning to think another possible, albeit drastic solution could be to change them from the Precision frame archetype (180 rpm) to a slower firing frame like the Lightweight or Adaptive frame archetypes (150 rpm / 140 rpm) respectively. Another possibility could be to simply reduce the damage buff that Magnificent Howl provides, if I'm not mistaken it provides a near 230% damage buff which is a bit insane when you think about it.

Like I can't think of another buff in the history of Destiny that provides that kind of damage buff.
Or leave them as is, but a magical exotic particle wave from the Nine sweeps through the solar system and makes them exotic weapons like they should be. They'd feel a lot more justified if that were the case.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
so is Bungie really going to look into to state of Lunas and Not Forgotten ruining PvP?

IMO, they should nerf Hand Cannon range and buff damage to Autos, Pulses and Scouts.

I want Recluse
I'm playing a lot of Crucible right now (mostly Rumble but with a little QP and Comp on the side) and I get killed by Recluse more often than NF/LH on the PC. With the Handcannons (and this includes TLW) it's not that hard to move and position in such a way as to out range them if you are using a pulse or a scout. Watch Cammycakes play Rumble if you want to watch someone who's an expert at positioning in order to take advantage of favorable match-ups.

the state of Rumble is fucked because of these guns.
You are not being targetted by one Rumbler but two or three Rumblers all shooting these stupid annoying HCs

Rumble was amazing before the arrival of these two asshole guns
Again, watch Cammycakes play Rumble. He's very good at showing how to move around so you don't get "pinched" by two or more opponents at once. You want to be the person doing the pinching, not the person who's getting pinched. Run away from a situation in which your radar is lit up from two or more directions simultaneously. That's not a favorable match-up for anyone. Edit - Here's an excellent Cammycakes video for showing how to move and avoiding the pinch.

2 matches in a row where the game has spawned me within reach of a roaming super. I'd just like to ask Bungie exactly what they expect me to do there aside from wonder if it's a good time to pick up smoking cigarettes as a hobby.
Yeah, these maps clearly were not designed for 6v6. One of the reasons I am preferring Rumble and Comp these days. Accept that if you are playing QP you are going to have to put up with some BS unless Bungie makes very drastic changes. Otherwise let it be like water off a duck's back.

Last edited:

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Core Terminus on Mars is where I go while doing radiant seeds and dust rock farming. Easiest to just rush in, pop a nova on the boss and get my super energy back to just warp out and run it again.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So must everybody with every other primary, but that's not a hard thing to at all with a 180 rpm. The fact that it has crazy flinch too is where it enters "doing way too much" territory.

If it were trivial to counter it wouldn't be the thing every last crucible sweatlord was running. 2 crit one body + no recoil + flinch gives the user way more margin for error than anything in the game - it's precisely because it's easier to use than any other HC that people stick with it. Otherwise they'd all put it down for Last Word and its faster TTK like everyone did in D1.

at least make it where the third shot cant be a body, tone the damage down. 57-57-76 crit. that might be acceptable to the never nerf a hand cannon crowd...

for a reasonable start that might actually fly.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
I mean I'm just a bit tilted with Crucible right now. Game is constantly up to nonsense like loading one team 1-2 players down and the like. I don't mind the more hectic 6v6 stuff, I just think the way the spawns are handled is silly. Spawning a dude into a pack of 3 enemies in close range is just not great.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm playing a lot of Crucible right now (mostly Rumble but with a little QP and Comp on the side) and I get killed by Recluse more often than NF/LH on the PC. With the Handcannons (and this includes TLW) it's not that hard to move and position in such a way as to out range them if you are using a pulse or a scout. Watch Cammycakes play Rumble if you want to watch someone who's an expert at positioning in order to take advantage of favorable match-ups.

Again, watch Cammycakes play Rumble. He's very good at showing how to move around so you don't get "pinched" by two or more opponents at once. You want to be the person doing the pinching, not the person who's getting pinched. Run away from a situation in which your radar is lit up from two or more directions simultaneously. That's not a favorable match-up for anyone. Edit - Here's an excellent Cammycakes video for showing how to move and avoiding the pinch.

Yeah, these maps clearly were not designed for 6v6. One of the reasons I am preferring Rumble and Comp these days. Accept that if you are playing QP you are going to have to put up with some BS unless Bungie makes very drastic changes. Otherwise let it be like water off a duck's back.

i cant get down with rumble because stress...at least if you are trying for top 3. it's constant racing, he who can get to next encounter fastest wins, and you can never rest on your laurels. for that reason not my favorite mode.

i like quickplay best.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Or fight fire with fire by giving Luna's Howl the Redrix treatment, let players grind it out in QP, giving more players access to the weapon, AND open it up for random rolls, which will also address the power gap between Luna and Not Forgotten.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Or fight fire with fire by giving Luna's Howl the Redrix treatment, let players grind it out in QP, giving more players access to the weapon, AND open it up for random rolls, which will also address the power gap between Luna and Not Forgotten.

That was only done because of how hard it was to get and how few people actually got it.

Luna's Howl is easy to get now with the changes made to comp points.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean too long to complete? It's literally infinite. Gladd is closing on 200 branches lol

I did 30 branches and the 5 bosses and it almost took 25 minutes, maybe more, for the rewards it gives I was not that impressed. The buff with the pieces of armor is crazy though. So many grenades!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
i cant get down with rumble because stress...at least if you are trying for top 3. it's constant racing, he who can get to next encounter fastest wins, and you can never rest on your laurels. for that reason not my favorite mode.

i like quickplay best.
Why stress? Just do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may. At least you have more control over your fate in Rumble than you do in QP because their are WAY less Supers and since less players less BS in general. I don't get top 3 everytime either but I definitely "win" Rumble more often than QP these days.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, just saw Destiny Fun Police's video. He has 1 armor piece + the buff + Armamentarium and it's instant so he's just running around throwing supressor grenades everywhere. It's disgusting.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
lol, apparently the revelry buff is a shitstorm in pvp as expected

yeah what a f-ing joke. just the week i wanted to hit fabled too.

assholes all went titan lightning nades, because of course cheat. it's the fricken 4th of july out there.

i dont wanna spend essence though until i get 300 for arbelest.

i guess the flip side is i can cheat my knife kills triumph thingy.

i has assumed they would tone the buff down greatly in crucible.

Last edited:

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
LOIvlew.jpg

Aim assist is pretty strong. Still fooling around with it.

shermas

Oct 25, 2017
The forest... I just did 115 levels, took almost an hour and a half. We should have just stopped after 50 or so.

Bosses cap at 5 and you can easily beat them without a huge time bank.

The guys I played with were both void titans and they punched and supered everything.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Verdant Forest is the biggest flop yet. What the fuck was wrong with the Haunted Forest? Lol, this is braindead and I'd rather farm strikes.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The forest... I just did 115 levels, took almost an hour and a half. We should have just stopped after 50 or so.

Bosses cap at 5 and you can easily beat them without a huge time bank.

The guys I played with were both void titans and they punched and supered everything.
can you earn loot other than revelry armour?

and other stuff like cores etc?

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are the tonic buffs? I was planning on having unlimited grenades by getting the grenade tonic+top Titan striker tree+the chest piece that gives you an extra grenade+my Gambit SMG that has demolitionist perk.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A big whoppin' meh. Really no point in progressing very far into the forest because nothing changes. Halloween event was better.

Least the reward is an actual exotic though. Grind shit for your Arablest and go about your day. Just don't got time to actually do the grinding.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got 3 weeks to do all this, no rush, will play other stuff and sit down later this week

Status
Not open for further replies.