• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Btw has anyone else who didn't finish Xur's bounty last week had issues with it this week? I was about half way done with it and now it's not increasing my progress anymore. Yet another issue with the game I guess.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Btw has anyone else who didn't finish Xur's bounty last week had issues with it this week? I was about half way done with it and now it's not increasing my progress anymore. Yet another issue with the game I guess.

They "patched" it where you have to do the planet in question, unsure if you are doing that still

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It should say the planet in the quest description. But generally its the same planet as the strike it asks for

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I guess I'm gonna throw on riskrunner. I run SMG's all the time anyway.

4 pieces of verdant armor+Shinobus.

2 ordnance mods cus I'm not wasting more than that on armor I'll never use again. Seems plenty to have virtually no cooldown anyway.

Doesn't really matter because outcome of matches seems random...

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Generating orbs in the crucible is not hard, just use a roaming super & masterworked weapons & spam grenades with the buff. I did the whole thing there without even playing well.

at least in other modes supers and i assume mw orbs dont even count.

try checking your progress, doing a super and checking again. probably wont increment.

it's only precision kill orbs.

The one good thing about this verdant stuff was I was able to cheese the hunter 100 precision knife kills triumph (even tho I am supposed to be not doing triumphs lulz) easily. Melee cooldown buff. Knocked it out from 15>100 in like 20 minutes in Mars lost sector, woulda take me an eternity to halfass while doing normal PVE otherwise, considering the knife has like a half hour cooldown.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Cool got Suros catalyst...

Might be a fun project to use Suros for a while. Maybe...

Gotta admit the last crucible match was fun. Throwing grenades nonstop, running 3.5 efficiency, dominating the hammerhead ammo, cleaning up all those weakened enemies with hammerhead, slaying with riskrunner...some guy hopping around trying to grenade launcher spam cheat, felt good to counter with my own better cheat for once.

It's always fun when you do well/win LOL.

I like to glean an advantage with equipment because I play a lot. So I'll have all revelry armor, tonics, ordnance mods, riskrunner, Shinobus...

Sure tons of people have all those, but also a significant percentage probably dont have one or more of them. Giving me an advantage over many.

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Cool got Suros catalyst...

Might be a fun project to use Suros for a while. Maybe...

Gotta admit the last crucible match was fun. Throwing grenades nonstop, running 3.5 efficiency, dominating the hammerhead ammo, cleaning up all those weakened enemies with hammerhead, slaying with riskrunner...some guy hopping around trying to grenade launcher spam cheat, felt good to counter with my own better cheat for once.

It's always fun when you do well/win LOL.

I like to glean an advantage with equipment because I play a lot. So I'll have all revelry armor, tonics, ordnance mods, riskrunner, Shinobus...

Sure tons of people have all those, but also a significant percentage probably dont have one or more of them. Giving me an advantage over many.
And this, folks, is why I am staying out of QP right now! As if I needed even more of an incentive, right? Anyway, I'm really digging this Anonymous Autumn sidearm I got from Shaxx. Ricochet Rounds, Quickdraw and Zen Moment and it is, of course, a Lightweight Frame. I'm finding it a fantastic clean-up weapon and a great shotgun deterrent as long as that shotgun isn't Chaperone!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think this could be the biggest flop of an event in the franchise's history. At least most events are harmless in how little they have to offer. This one is making the game a shit show.

They should have allowed us to bake cookies again.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I think this could be the biggest flop of an event in the franchise's history. At least most events are harmless in how little they have to offer. This one is making the game a shit show.

They should have allowed us to bake cookies again.
Yeah, this is pretty bad. Just got out of a Supremacy match where one guy on the other team was just throwing skip grenades all match. Even so, we still won 150-88 and I didn't see any grenade cheese happening on our side. Someone needs a swift kick in the backside for this.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Glad I got my Arbalest already. That explains why we got guitar'd in Queens Walk.

All of these fuck ups gives me little confidence in a 100% Bungie controlled content drop. Unless all hands are virtually on Destiny 3 right now, and they got like five interns supporting Destiny 2, I'm getting a little nervous...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've been having fun with this event, but I also haven't touched PVP, which I rarely do at this point because I'm a scrub and CBMM in Quick Play basically killed the game for me. I get the complaints about what it's done to PVP but this might be my favourite event since the Solstice of Heroes, I'm enjoying having it effect play across all areas and I've had a good time with the Verdant forest (it's just a shame that at a certain point completing branches becomes a waste of time), I much prefer the clear branches>boss rush structure. Clearly they just should have kept it out of the Crucible. Hearing that it's causing Guitar errors is pretty shitty, though.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Finally have a couple of exotics to play with: Graviton Lance and and Wavesplitter. Liking them both and Wavesplitter seems to absolutely shred through most things tbh.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
R E C K O N E R

ZdCbQrd.jpg

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
It's very easy, and zero RNG involved (besides the weapon drops). If you play Gambit Prime you can get it.

Role difficulties:

Reaper > Collector > Sentry > Invader
Thanks and I do play Gambit Prime although I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment in order to grind out my 5 resets for the Redrix quest. Also semi working on Wayfarer but that one has a lot more RNG so who knows if or when it will happen.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Finally got my first Nightfall drop, Militia's Birthright.

Thanks to the Eva Grenade juice plus grenade modifier, Vanguard Strikes yesterday were all about Solar Grenades and Sunbracers burning everything. You couldn't see the doors anymore

Cels

Oct 26, 2017

It isn't coming back either. They said it's gone for the remainder of the event. I'm so tired of Bungie not testing things and then being unable to issue proper fixes when things go wrong. This will be the first event that I don't complete now.

this is pretty dogshit

so first they ignore people before the event warning them that having much faster grenade recharge in crucible is a bad idea but decide to go ahead with it anyway
then they forget that having a bunch of orbs on the ground can cause GUITAR errors so they turn it off in raids and gambit
but they do nothing to address the fact that this change leaves people having to complete one of the triumphs in quickplay which is a pain in the ass to get headshots in now that everyone is spamming grenades

yea i won't be getting that emblem

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I hate invading, seriously. Almost as much as I hate being invaded.

Me too, but it's really not that bad of a triumph to earn.

Win games: will happen naturally
Super kills: Easy (I used Dawnblade)
Sniper & Linear fusion Kills: Worst one for me since I am trash at sniping, but I eventually got my kills - you only need 25
Fusion & Shotgun: Lol shotgun, 1KV gives you free kills as it is. Easy
"Other" kills: This came naturally and I was using Thorn for another triumph
Motes drained: This comes naturally as well. I didnt even bother trying to kill them, I let them bank some motes then jumped right in and stood at their bank giving them the succ

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Luna boots and wardcliff from Xur this week?

The meta expands... dust/luna/wardcliff
Uggh

these are all pretty good exotics, good for anyone who is just catching up to buy them all

patch 2.2.1:
  • Xûr's inventory now offers random rolled perks for armor
still no random rolls for the past two xur appearances
ok bungie

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I didn't have a Hallowfire Heart for Y2 so I will be picking that one up from Xur. Also the Lunefaction's for a someday Warlock.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
My new idea: I would very much like an exotic that gave your kinetic and special weapons the benefits of a Lightweight frame as well as gave a large boost to weapon handling. Would a "go-fast" sniper or fusion be too over the top? I don't know but it sure would be fun to use.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
me when being invaded,

Panicking, because the bastard is glowing red, but my entire screen is now also red because of reasons,

Me:
2s9H.gif

Trakan:
tumblr_m7c7otOHjL1r5r8duo3_500.gif

well if you had a reasonably good sentry, or someone going for the triumph like me i would be rock hard hunting trakan down to plink him so i could mark him for you for my triumph.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
This event really sucks. I don't know who thought this was a good idea. And people don't seem to realize there is zero point in wasting everyone's time going above 20 or so branches.

Dec 2, 2017
Just ran into a titan who had the revelry armor with the helmet ornament & a genotype shader. That shit looked dope AF in the lighting on Io, so much better than the warlock one.

My new idea: I would very much like an exotic that gave your kinetic and special weapons the benefits of a Lightweight frame as well as gave a large boost to weapon handling. Would a "go-fast" sniper or fusion be too over the top? I don't know but it sure would be fun to use.

That's kind of in between what Transversives & Ophidians do.

Status
Not open for further replies.