• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You all had fun spamming grenades and don't pretend otherwise, grumpy Destiny people.
Whining is this community's real endgame, and its always the PvP lot too, they never stop crying about this or that.

Frankly, its starting to fucking grate just how much moaning they do
RoyPlease.png

Dec 2, 2017
Whining is this community's real endgame, and its always the PvP lot too, they never stop crying about this or that.

Frankly, its starting to fucking grate just how much moaning they do
RoyPlease.png

To be fair, I need to see metrics on the hysterics PvE-only people do any time some quest for something they'll never use asks them to set foot in Crucible for 30 seconds before I come down on one side or the other.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Actually, Quickplay is sort of anything goes so it's not a big deal that the tonic is enabled and I fully intend to go with the flow while in Quickplay. Comp, however, should have been excluded from this and it's mainly that mode that's caused all the uproar. And here's Destiny Fun Police with a build I fully intend to play with this weekend in Quickplay:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny will continue to suck until Faction Vendors return to normal

Faction vendors weren't some incredible feature in D1. They always got the last season's vanguard armor set reskinned and while there were some standouts, mostly mediocre weapons as well. D2's faction rally definitely sucked, but bringing them back isn't going to be anything special.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Factions were decent void-filler as was Trials, without them, we're stuck with whingers making all our ears bleed.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, I need to see metrics on the hysterics PvE-only people do any time some quest for something they'll never use asks them to set foot in Crucible for 30 seconds before I come down on one side or the other.
Oh, the PVE guys with their 'wheres mah 1K!!!!' is more funny than annoying but to cop a redditor's post.

I will say from a PVP VS PVE standpoint (I play both but generally enjoy PVE more) that for the last four years it's almost always been PVE players getting shafted in the name of PVP. Nerfs to supers, nerfs to guns, nerfs to abilities, nerfs to Blink... It makes me want to turn a deaf ear to this type of complaint.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Oh, the PVE guys with their 'wheres mah 1K!!!!' is more funny than annoying but to cop a redditor's post.

I will say from a PVP VS PVE standpoint (I play both but generally enjoy PVE more) that for the last four years it's almost always been PVE players getting shafted in the name of PVP. Nerfs to supers, nerfs to guns, nerfs to abilities, nerfs to Blink... It makes me want to turn a deaf ear to this type of complaint.

Literally nothing has been nerfed versus thousands of buffs since the start of D2 SO UHHH.

Like, literally the entire sandbox was buffed to a massively faster ttk. Super have also been massively buffed in every possible way, especially regeneration speed.

So yeah maybe that guy plays fortnite.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Literally nothing has been nerfed versus thousands of buffs since the start of D2 SO UHHH.

Like, literally the entire sandbox was buffed to a massively faster ttk. Super have also been massively buffed in every possible way, especially regeneration speed.

Yeah, I guess I imagined the One eyed mask and Nova warp nerfs

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

Not buffed enough. Need them D1 cooldowns.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So I just returned to the game after about 6 months away, playing on PC. I'm kinda lost on what to do to catch up, but I'm gonna do my best.

Question though, was there always a slight hitch when entering new areas? Like, a slight quarter second pause?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah I feel like an a-hole just chucking grenades everywhere. And as I'm doing it I'm watching a Warlock running around 1 shotting everyone with Handheld Supernova. I know it's supposed to be Revelry where we cut loose and everything so maybe I'm just too straight laced for these kind of shenanigans.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So I just returned to the game after about 6 months away, playing on PC. I'm kinda lost on what to do to catch up, but I'm gonna do my best.

Question though, was there always a slight hitch when entering new areas? Like, a slight quarter second pause?
I don't think I've noticed any hitching, per se. Is it any new area? Or just certain ones? If you've not done any of the Forsaken content then that storyline is excellent and leads you into opening up the Dreaming City and a bunch of great gear and activities.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've noticed any hitching, per se. Is it any new area? Or just certain ones? If you've not done any of the Forsaken content then that storyline is excellent and leads you into opening up the Dreaming City and a bunch of great gear and activities.
It's like when I'm entering a new part of a zone. So like when the name of an area pops up (for example, going from the main tower area to the Bazaar), it feels like it just takes a tiny beat to load or something (I'm on an SSD so it isn't that). Nothing huge, just a bit weird

I'm in the Dreaming City currently. Gotta level up so I can do those quests, then I have to find what there is to do in the two new DLCs

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah do all the Dreaming City stuff as there's tons of opportunities for Powerful Rewards there each week and that armor is one of the few sets that can drop with Enhanced Perks like Enhanced Hand Cannon Loader on arms which is super useful.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I guess I imagined the One eyed mask and Nova warp nerfs

were those really pve stalwarts?

Honestly I could be wrong but I feel like the game balance is off because of the never nerf crowd. Look at tier 3 reckoning, it's insanely difficult in terms of enemies quantity and health, but trivial because you just chain insane supers, but you cant really beat it any other way, and when you're beating it you dont do anything but stand there in a well and shoot your super, there's no skill, in supposedly end game pve. They buffed the supers (and heavy weapons) to do such an insane amount of damage now. your primary is irrelevant.

they have to balance around stupid powerful supers, meaning gunplay is out in PVE. For raids they can only use mechanics to make difficulty, damage phases are trivial. even like the whisper mission doesn't feel right at all for being difficult.

Damage phases in the current pve meta seem to either be limited too: Very easy and you can use various weapons and tactics, or, not easy, but you must use one of 3 specific new heavy weapons and/or specific super strats/exotics to beat it...

the spread between what dps your primary weapon and your super and heavy weapon outputs seems too large. the game is too difficult, or trivial with super/heavy, specific strats, no in between

Last edited:

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
To the random that using Last Word in the reckoning. Fuck you, why are you using the goddamn last word in a PvE horde mode.

To the another random in the same team that was using a fucking bow in the reckoning, double fuck you, why the fuck are you using a bow in horde. These 2 idiots were the reason why I failed Tier 2 three fucking times.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
ran around with suros and erentil which is pretty far outside my comfort zone for a couple games, was a lot of fun! suros seems pretty effective, erentil was vaporizing fools. as always, low quality opposition probably helped the loadout do better than it actually is. grenade spam also wasn't obscene for whatever reason.

i like using say, breakneck for my cqc weapon sometimes, so suros is going to be at least as good as that, but with spinning up, better. but i was using it as my primary obviously.

for erentil i don't know a lot about fusion rolls but apparently the yr1 collections roll is great, so for a default i use that.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
got that rat king catalyst tonight. gonna have to put out an LFG for some rat king fun tomorrow

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
C'mon people, the true Destiny end game is the Salt Mines area where the best engrams are forged from Guardian tears .

I really like the forge concept. Aside from the quests to unlock them, it's just nice to have a simple event to take part in like that. Get your weapon frame, grind it out and throw it at the RNG engine and hope it works out. If Bungie could just let the matchmaking process last a little longer to enable full teams most of the time, I'd have a hard time faulting the activity.

Look I get your point of view, but a lot of the PvP moaning and groaning comes from how Bungie has just over the course of D2 completely forgotten how to make a fun PvP game. Idk if you were a D1 player but that game's PvP was downright excellent. Even with arc hunters and hammer titans running around at their respective peaks, you always felt powerful and you felt like your kit had an impact. You could run at least 2 of every class' subclasses and still be impactful, and while there were meta weapons, my experience (anecdotally admittedly) was that you could make a huge number of weapons work. I still remember running around with First Curse, which everyone assured me was hot garbage, having a royal time.

Tbh I just don't get why Bungie doesn't go back to the seperate Crucible/PvE balancing like they did with shotguns back in the day.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So, finally back to D2 for the event but the change removing orbs from things except Crucible means I'll probably stick to getting the exotic and Tess shit before dipping. Shame.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Is the Blind Well any good for raising LL or getting exos? I've been running it a bit at LL 620 and haven't been getting much. I'm kind of assuming it's like the Trials of Oryx back in D1.

Outside of the 640 bounties and milestones, is there a decent place to grind PvE for better loot? I've mostly just been doing bounties and Blind Well. Kind of interested in trying Gambit too.

Just fused some armor to upgrade my Luna Boots and combining it with Attunement of Grace in the Dawnbringer tree is disgusting. Gonna try my Phoenix Protocol next!

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

New montage, y'all! Very proud of this one. Got a lot of new plays and also had some better edits.

It says video unavailable. Did you take it down? I always enjoy capers featuring Fighting Lion.

Edit - Nevermind. For some reason I had to copy the video URL and open it in another window and that worked. Good stuff!

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
so what's the best way to the do the revelry coop triump? people were saying leviathan before but they disabled orbs for raids

Status
Not open for further replies.