• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Hey, John of Fighting Lion Mars,

Whats the roll on your Service Revolver?

Crossfire, Flared Magwell, Rapid Hit, Kill Clip with Range Masterwork

Good stuff.

Think I might take the Duke out for a stroll with the FL this afternoon. See how that works out.

Duke is a FANTASTIC pairing. Don't forget Hand Cannon Dexterity boots. They help with swap speed, but they also let you fire quicker

It says video unavailable. Did you take it down? I always enjoy capers featuring Fighting Lion.

Edit - Nevermind. For some reason I had to copy the video URL and open it in another window and that worked. Good stuff!

Hmmm... try this one for other folks.

Dec 2, 2017
Sometimes I don't understand how things work in this game. It feels like there are hidden stats like hit box size/bloom/bullet magnetism that determine how good things actually are. Like, going purely by numbers it makes no sense that Bygones is as dominant as it is. It's outpaced, outranged & outdamaged by all sorts of things.

Similarly, I'm comparing all these snipers in my inventory. I've got a god rolled Persuader which should stomp all over anything, with like 76 aim assist (after adjuster + helmet) and the range of a 90 rpm sniper. But it's just not as consistent as Sole Survivor, which is kinda mediocre on paper. Fate Cries Foul is the exact same weapon as Sole but with better stats, yet same thing there. I'm sure part of it is scope & reticle preference, but there's other sorcery going on beneath the hood, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes I don't understand how things work in this game. It feels like there are hidden stats like hit box size/bloom/bullet magnetism that determine how good things actually are. Like, going purely by numbers it makes no sense that Bygones is as dominant as it is. It's outpaced, outranged & outdamaged by all sorts of things.

Similarly, I'm comparing all these snipers in my inventory. I've got a god rolled Persuader which should stomp all over anything, with like 76 aim assist (after adjuster + helmet) and the range of a 90 rpm sniper. But it's just not as consistent as Sole Survivor, which is kinda mediocre on paper. Fate Cries Foul is the exact same weapon as Sole but with better stats, yet same thing there. I'm sure part of it is scope & reticle preference, but there's other sorcery going on beneath the hood, I'm sure of it.
P2P host server shenannigans?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Like, going purely by numbers it makes no sense that Bygones is as dominant as it is.
Are you console or PC? Because I rarely see Bygones used on the PC, at least in PVP. Blast Furnace is all over the place as well as Go Figure and every once in a while Right Side of Wrong. I feel like I'm bucking the meta by using more 3 shot pulses lately with digging Nightshade and Infinite Paths 8 out of my collections tab but I'm having fun with the Lightweight weapons.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Played some D1 today for old time's sake. It's amazing how much better the game feels. Played on my Titan and was able to skate around. I found it funny that in D1 you could apply melting point with a regular punch instead of a shoulder charge like D2. Autorifles and Scout rifles actually had stability. Hand cannons actually had accuracy. This is after 3 years of nerfs, too. Checked out the random rolls in the tower. Picked up a gunsmith weapon.

How did they fuck up D2 so bad? I hope they use D1 as a base for D3. Just scrap everything from D2.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Played some D1 today for old time's sake. It's amazing how much better the game feels. Played on my Titan and was able to skate around. I found it funny that in D1 you could apply melting point with a regular punch instead of a shoulder charge like D2. Autorifles and Scout rifles actually had stability. Hand cannons actually had accuracy. This is after 3 years of nerfs, too. Checked out the random rolls in the tower. Picked up a gunsmith weapon.

How did they fuck up D2 so bad? I hope they use D1 as a base for D3. Just scrap everything from D2.

revisionist history. people just complained during d1 just like they do now, i was there.

Dec 2, 2017
Are you console or PC? Because I rarely see Bygones used on the PC, at least in PVP. Blast Furnace is all over the place as well as Go Figure and every once in a while Right Side of Wrong. I feel like I'm bucking the meta by using more 3 shot pulses lately with digging Nightshade and Infinite Paths 8 out of my collections tab but I'm having fun with the Lightweight weapons.
Console. Bygones has been meta for a long time, though I think Blast Furnace has moved ahead of it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

This what's so sad about D2.

D1 allowed more personal customization. Vanguard and Crucible Bounties repped up. Petra Bounties, Variks bounties, FWC/ DO/ NM rep up

Weapon Quartermaster sold weapons.
FWC/ DO/ NM sold static roled gear, random rolls on rep up.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is the Blind Well any good for raising LL or getting exos? I've been running it a bit at LL 620 and haven't been getting much. I'm kind of assuming it's like the Trials of Oryx back in D1.

Outside of the 640 bounties and milestones, is there a decent place to grind PvE for better loot? I've mostly just been doing bounties and Blind Well. Kind of interested in trying Gambit too.

Just fused some armor to upgrade my Luna Boots and combining it with Attunement of Grace in the Dawnbringer tree is disgusting. Gonna try my Phoenix Protocol next!

Blind Well only gives powerful loot on first heroic completion of the week (per char) and from the weekly bounty that you pick up from Petra.

Farming enemies can drop you Prime engrams but you're better off running the countless other milestones that reward powerful drops for the week.

If you haven't already, do the 640 PL bounties from Drifter, and then just do your weekly milestones. Some are not marked, like the Invitation to the nine from Xur, Spider's weekly wanted, etc.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
So with the season of the drifter they gave the drifter bounties that people could do to quickly boost their light level to 640, do we know if the next season of content will do that, give us bounties to bring us closer to 700? I wanna be able to do the raid and whatever other new content is added, but after grinding through the same content dozens and dozens of times I'm just so done with it, it's not the grind that bugs me, but doing the same content over and over again.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Do they plan on bringing back revelry orbs to gambit? The prospect of needing to get that orb triumph in quickplay makes me not want to even bother with the rest of the triumphs.

Rente

Oct 31, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Do they plan on bringing back revelry orbs to gambit? The prospect of needing to get that orb triumph in quickplay makes me not want to even bother with the rest of the triumphs.
Direct feedback from dmg04 (CM):
We're looking into options here. We are in a world where turning orbs back on in Gambit would risk a very large portion of games played over the course of three weeks.
While some in this thread were noting that they didn't have issues, we were witnessing a very large increase in errors that impacted the entire population, whether they were engaging in Revelry or just playing Gambit for Gambit.
That said, we are looking at potential options here, reducing orb requirements for the competitive (Gambit/Crucible) triumph being one of them. Can't make promises yet, but the team is investigating and aware of this feedback.
We will give you an update when we can.
Source: https://dm.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...n_in_gambit_ill_take_my/elb5i1i/?context=1000

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies as it's a D1 question but not sure where else to ask. A mate and I played D1 a lot but we have another two mates who never touched it.

If they got a cheap copy of the latest version of D1, would the character boosts they get be enough to go straight into VoG?

We (very rarely) meet up in RL to play games over a weekend and I was thinking it could be a fun thing for us to bash our heads against...but would need to be raid ready after an hour or so.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm really digging Arbalest in PvP. The fact that is has such a low zoom sight and better FoV surroundings makes it easier to snipe. The charging doesn't bother me since the charging is fast and I have to line up my shots anyway. I always feel linear fusion rifles should have been in the special slot instead of heavy, they are underutilised in PvP except for gambit.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Literally nothing has been nerfed versus thousands of buffs since the start of D2 SO UHHH.

Like, literally the entire sandbox was buffed to a massively faster ttk. Super have also been massively buffed in every possible way, especially regeneration speed.
They've been slowly buffing things up to D1 levels because D2 started out with 2 primary weapons that fired marshmallows and 2 century long cooldowns on everything.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
You can get the orbs in any Crucible mode that isn't Competitive. Supremacy is going on right now and is a mode that is all about the team fight and I've gotten most of mine that way. I've also gotten some in Rumble but it's mostly been Supremacy and I am well over half-way done with that Triumph without even focusing on it. I should be able to finish it within the next couple of days just by playing normally. Quickplay is so chaotic that that would be the least good way to get the orbs Triumph I would think.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
CrudeDiatribe awesome, cheers!

Only problem is that Destiny 1 seems weirdly expensive! The discs came with codes for all the dlc so I think used copies are hard to find.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
To the random that using Last Word in the reckoning. Fuck you, why are you using the goddamn last word in a PvE horde mode.

To the another random in the same team that was using a fucking bow in the reckoning, double fuck you, why the fuck are you using a bow in horde. These 2 idiots were the reason why I failed Tier 2 three fucking times.
This depends entirely on the bow they're using. If it's Wish Ender, yeah, screw that noise, but Le Monarque actually works quite well. I imagine if you could do enough with it Trinity Ghoul might not be terrible, but a decent bow with a quick draw time, Rampage, Archer's tempo, hell, Dragonfly, would be fine in the right hands.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully that comes soon.

You can get the orbs in any Crucible mode that isn't Competitive. Supremacy is going on right now and is a mode that is all about the team fight and I've gotten most of mine that way. I've also gotten some in Rumble but it's mostly been Supremacy and I am well over half-way done with that Triumph without even focusing on it. I should be able to finish it within the next couple of days just by playing normally. Quickplay is so chaotic that that would be the least good way to get the orbs Triumph I would think.

I just have little interest in Destiny PvP in general and Gambit has the least of it.

Dec 2, 2017
Lately I've been trying to get good with a Thorn + sniper load out. It's going okay but no spectacular results (though I did manage to solo a whole team in survival last night in comp).

But I went back to Jade Rabbit + Erentil & it was like "why do I ever unequip this?" Had my best match ever - 35 (30 kills) with a 5.00. Then had a 28/2.80 then a 30/3.75 game in comp.

Every video I ever watch tells me I have to be using a hand cannon to be serious. But for whatever reason, the player I am with that setup is way beyond what I get out of using anything else no matter what the meta says.

Dec 2, 2017
That's just what bad players think.

I dunno man, I'm subscribed to a bunch of sweatlords & when shit gets real the "OMG INSANE" sidearms & breach load grenade launchers are gone & everyone's a spectral rock forgotten. Or Ace/Last Word if they can put down the Wardcliffe. Basically every youtuber seems to be a hand cannon guy at heart, just because of the way accuracy & zoom affect most other weapons.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, I'm subscribed to a bunch of sweatlords & when shit gets real the "OMG INSANE" sidearms & breach load grenade launchers are gone & everyone's a spectral rock forgotten. Or Ace/Last Word if they can put down the Wardcliffe. Basically every youtuber seems to be a hand cannon guy at heart, just because of the way accuracy & zoom affect most other weapons.

Well, sidearms and breach grenade launchers are trash, so that's your first problem. :P

I'm a hand cannon guy at heart, but they're bad weapons in D2. Use what you're comfortable with.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
This depends entirely on the bow they're using. If it's Wish Ender, yeah, screw that noise, but Le Monarque actually works quite well. I imagine if you could do enough with it Trinity Ghoul might not be terrible, but a decent bow with a quick draw time, Rampage, Archer's tempo, hell, Dragonfly, would be fine in the right hands.
I've carried teams through the first stage and bridge with le monarch. One shots the sniper vandals in both bits, and the poison will take out massive gangs of thralls if you nail it right.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Lately I've been trying to get good with a Thorn + sniper load out. It's going okay but no spectacular results (though I did manage to solo a whole team in survival last night in comp).

But I went back to Jade Rabbit + Erentil & it was like "why do I ever unequip this?" Had my best match ever - 35 (30 kills) with a 5.00. Then had a 28/2.80 then a 30/3.75 game in comp.

Every video I ever watch tells me I have to be using a hand cannon to be serious. But for whatever reason, the player I am with that setup is way beyond what I get out of using anything else no matter what the meta says.
Map design favors short to mid range encounters which in turn favor weapons that are strong in the short to mid range. It's not that longer range weapons are bad but more they can be harder to use in certain instances. If Jade Rabbit and Erentil is working for you then no reason to switch to something that's "meta" that isn't working as well. Most weapons are balanced enough at this point that you can pretty much use what you want if you are prepared to work around some limitations.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I've carried teams through the first stage and bridge with le monarch. One shots the sniper vandals in both bits, and the poison will take out massive gangs of thralls if you nail it right.
This is why it's my go-to for a lot pf PvE activities. It's also a great way to keep track of invaders in Gambit if you proc the poison.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Finally got the Vigilance Wing catalyst a couple of nights ago after a Rumble match. Man, going to Vigilance Wing after using 540 and 450rpm 3 burst pulses feels very foreign for some reason. Back in the day I used VW a bunch but I am waaay out of sync with it right now. It feels like it has a very weird cadence after so much time with the other pulse rifles. This catalyst is going to take some time =P

Edit - Spoke to soon. Three of four games in and now VW feels like an old friend again. This thing is still really good!

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Arbalest seems like hell to grind. Already having bad matchmaking experiences with verdant forest.... is this exotic even worth it?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Arbalest seems like hell to grind. Already having bad matchmaking experiences with verdant forest.... is this exotic even worth it?

it's hell to grind now because they disabled orbs in everything except QP, Strikes and Verdant Forest

no the exotic isnt worth it. it goes into the loot pool after the event ends anyway.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
This Mountaintop quest blows dick.
iBHGbkD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.