• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I think I just won Destiny. I tilted a guy so bad on Bannerfall that he not only tea-bagged me repeatedly but emptied 3 or 4 clips of SMG into my corpse, lol. Infinite Shoulder charge brings the tilt.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I dont know. I always check match making and it seems people with NF leave with the quickness when they see me. It's become a meme now. They know what's up.

Once a while you get a badass low level random and he just bum rushes people. I always compliment after.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
When people see me queue's up they be like:

giphy.gif

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Yeah look for as long as I'm a -2/10 crucible player I'm going to keep getting my teeth kicked in by NF/Lunas/Recluse. Although maybe trying for Lunas might get me to improve just out of defiance.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Damnit. My place is getting packed up for floor replacement and repainting (long delayed restoration from water damage from a fire in the building months ago).

So no kinetic linear fusion for me it looks like.

Ah well. Hopefully the quest will come back sometime, a la Thunderlord.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So as it turns out, comp is so far a much less painful experience than quickplay. What is going on here.

how so? When i played my 3 matches on monday comp was all the grenade spam you can eat as expected.

I mean it's comp, it's try hardest anyway. So that's a given, you aren't going in their without being tonic-ed up.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
You can spam your abilities and nades and what have you every bit as much as everyone else, so to me that's a moot point. Quickplay has the spam, plus all the LH/NF/Recluse sweat stacks. In the few games of Comp I played today, I actually felt like my performance in each game had an impact. In quickplay I just felt like I'm running support for the really good players on my team.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to go for that Iron Burden emblem but the fact that you have to luck out on people needing to be 700 before they use a burden themselves so you get credit for a final blow on them is frustrating

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to go for that Iron Burden emblem but the fact that you have to luck out on people needing to be 700 before they use a burden themselves so you get credit for a final blow on them is frustrating

In my experience NOBODY is using the burden, but don't do it. It's a miserable experience.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
hmm, makes me want to break out the arc titan...... He's been a beast with all the nades in the forest....
Infinite Shoulder charge has always been a possibility with Insurmountable Skullfort but the Mk .44's give you an overshield and the tonic takes the place of the Skullfort. I really don't know much that overshield is helping but at least with the Y1 version you also get Traction. Really helps to pair it with a Lightweight weapon for maximum go fast.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I can scarcely believe I'm typing this but...

got in good LFG group (they asked for 1.2 kd, I said I'm 1, they took me and said "at least you're honest")

3-0 get (dat skip grenade spam)

2164 points glory get. Dont even have to wait on reset.

FABLED GET

Whew, a load off my chest. Now I can run Lunas and Recluse all I want guilt free, I can screw around with goofy loadouts (too bad crucible is fubared anyway) or PVE. Finish up my notorious invader head bounty. Probably hiatus soon...

Also, half the reason groups (4 stacks) work is two fold: One, usually the leader backs out of other 4 stacks two: Other stacks usually back out against your stack. This means you end up playing two stacks to randoms most of the time. I mean, that's an incalculable advantage forget anything else like the communication.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

got in good LFG group (they asked for 1.2 kd, I said I'm 1, they took me and said "at least you're honest")

FABLED GET

Whew, a load off my chest. Now I can run Lunas and Recluse all I want guilt free, I can screw around with goofy loadouts (too bad crucible is fubared anyway) or PVE. Finish up my notorious invader head bounty. Probably hiatus soon...

Also, half the reason groups (4 stacks) work is two fold: One, usually the leader backs out of other 4 stacks two: Other stacks usually back out against your stack. This means you end up playing two stacks to randoms most of the time. I mean, that's an incalculable advantage forget anything else like the communication.

You actually cheated because you did it during the Revelry grenade spam. Therefore it does not count. Now you must still feel guilty and waste time next season getting to Fabled again despite already buying the gun.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Suros Regime is great and the catalyst makes it even better. Pre-fire and it's good enough that I am sure you'll decide it's cheating.

At first I liked it but things got worse and worse. After I switched back to my blast furnace, holy smoke, no wonder what weapon you use actually makes a huge difference in this game. The gulf is night and day. And Blast Furnace is leagues below like Lunas to most people.

It sits in a weird no mans land for me too. Not really good at anything. It doesn't have the range I want in a primary, so I cant venture lanes with it. OTOH It's weaker than an SMG as CQC option. I'd say it's decent in mid, but lets say blast furnace will eat it's lunch all day there too.

Shame because it's one of my all time faves in this game in abstract, almost like Mida.

I'm not sure what Bungie is doing with the catalysts, I think they dont want to make you feel like you dont have the real gun without the catalysts. So the catalysts tend to be weak. Which actually I agree with.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Holy crap Mida works wonders with this build. Currently pairing it with a Breath of the Dragon smg that's also Lightweight but Mida's "go-fast" + other advantages are doing some work right now.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Holy crap Mida works wonders with this build. Currently pairing it with a Breath of the Dragon smg that's also Lightweight but Mida's "go-fast" + other advantages are doing some work right now.

just ran into two midas in that comp run. it has creeped back into the fringe. I think charlemagne had it 8th in kinetic slot crucible usage. I need to put it on for a spell again soon. My all time Destiny #1 gun.

also somebody, maybe TV, told a story about running into a guy that had like a 4.17 k/d. The guy was running Jade Rabbit, with some obscene # of kills on it. He checked his old games and the guy ran Jade Rabbit every game. Of course somebody that good can probably use Jade effectively like a hand cannon in close range...anyways kind of an inspiration I guess.

Breath of the Dragon, recently had one drop so I put it on, eh, compared it to my Heroes Burden it literally was deficient in every single stat (range, stability, handling etc). That and my Heros has Zen Moment and Dynamic Sway reduction which both dont even show on the stat bars. On top of that it was 33 in the mag vs 37 for my Burden which is the biggest weakness of SMG's IMO (coulda been rectified with backup mag I dunno).

I guess if you got a killer roll...honestly though I dont find a ton of utility in even rampage or kill clip on an SMG or sidearm. The odds of getting to use those on a CQC spray gun are very low IMO at least for me. I almost prefer perks that make the base gun more consistent in every encounter on SMG's/Sidearms.

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

FABLED GET

Congrats, Shark. I mean it. You still put in the work and got the rank legit so I will give you props for doing that.
just ran into two midas in that comp run. it has creeped back into the fringe. I think charlemagne had it 8th in kinetic slot crucible usage. I need to put it on for a spell again soon. My all time Destiny #1 gun.

also somebody, maybe TV, told a story about running into a guy that had like a 4.17 k/d. The guy was running Jade Rabbit, with some obscene # of kills on it. He checked his old games and the guy ran Jade Rabbit every game. Of course somebody that good can probably use Jade effectively like a hand cannon in close range...anyways kind of an inspiration I guess.

Breath of the Dragon, recently had one drop so I put it on, eh, compared it to my Heroes Burden it literally was deficient in every single stat (range, stability, handling etc). That and my Heros has Zen Moment and Dynamic Sway reduction which both dont even show on the stat bars. On top of that it was 33 in the mag vs 37 for my Burden which is the biggest weakness of SMG's IMO (coulda been rectified with backup mag I dunno).

I guess if you got a killer roll...honestly though I dont find a ton of utility in even rampage or kill clip on an SMG or sidearm. The odds of getting to use those on a CQC spray gun are very low IMO at least for me. I almost prefer perks that make the base gun more consistent in every encounter on SMG's/Sidearms.

My Breath of the Dragon has Tap the Trigger (awesome on an SMG) and Moving Target (also good). I haven't modded it or Masterworked it because I wanted to see how it would do over the course of IB and so far it's great. I have run out of ammo once or twice while spraying so Backup Mag might be the way to go if I decide to toss a mod on it.

Edit - Forgot to mention my "reward" for playing like a total jerkwad all day was to be gifted a One-Eyed Mask upon hitting Legendary rank. I did not have that one yet. I think the game is trying to tell me something..

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Since pairing Mida with the Stand Aside's and the melee tonic I am 9 wins and 1 loss in IB. Crazy stuff.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Mountaintop Quest is like eating those bone-mill candied hearts.

Yuck and grit and that's it.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
LOL in my YT feed two destiny vids

BravexHerO "#1 shotgun misconception: A god roll shotgun doesn't make you a god player"

Then, Th3Jez video, "This hand cannon makes me better than you". Lulz, th3jez.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Finally at 2022 Glory and so next reset will be one of the greatest moments of my D2 life for sure. So many times I doubted whether or not I'd ever reach it or even wanted to bother and despite sucking ass my last few games my team came through thanks to a grand win streak yesterday. Truly a wild ride.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
man, noone is lfging for tier 3 reckoning. raids, comp, 100k nightfall....almost nothing for reckoning.

That died really fast, or either everybody got what they wanted out of it...

Today is kinda tough though cus of blackout.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
I can't do shattered throne even with revelry, vorgeth room is too much. on the bright side, doing it normally and it granted me the ship at the end. first try after the update. so i guess i'll start going for the title now

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finally at 2022 Glory and so next reset will be one of the greatest moments of my D2 life for sure. So many times I doubted whether or not I'd ever reach it or even wanted to bother and despite sucking ass my last few games my team came through thanks to a grand win streak yesterday. Truly a wild ride.

NICE JOB it's so great to see someone put in the hard work and effort and be rewarded for it

Unlike some people who prefer to take the easy route and pay for it

Nov 14, 2017
I can't do shattered throne even with revelry, vorgeth room is too much. on the bright side, doing it normally and it granted me the ship at the end. first try after the update. so i guess i'll start going for the title now
Subtle Calamity + sniper + a lot of patience got me through that fight. That was as a Warlock with Well of Radiance for the damage phase (took me 2), I could see myself doing it with a Hunter as well, Titan might require more (read: some) skill.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
This means you end up playing two stacks to randoms most of the time. I mean, that's an incalculable advantage forget anything else like the communication.

Dodging other four stacks is literally about communication— you have it and they don't (unless they opt in, and on console it's rare).

But as someone who didn't dodge four stacks: thanks for the free wins.

I'd say it's decent in mid, but lets say blast furnace will eat it's lunch all day there too.

I think the numbers don't agree with you (unless you have KC up), but comfort & reliability beat efficiency so use whatever.

So the catalysts tend to be weak.

Depends on the strength of the gun already. MIDA and Vigilance Wing are strong so the catalysts do very little; Sunshot, Sturm, and Riskrunner are freshly improved by their catalysts. Fighting Lion was already phenomenal and the catalyst is ridiculous but I am not complaining.

Congrats! Truly a great feeling.

Now that I've done it I actually want to play more comp— really enjoy 4v4. I think I will find the run to fabled a lot less stressful in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.