• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
and even if you enjoy some aspects of the game, bungie keep fucking it up with these dumb events and no consideration for playlists

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
It's a good catch up season for those of us still chasing Not Forgotten (or just starting in my case) and trying to get god roll guns.
Correct. It's why I'm chasing Redrix this season as well as dipping my toes into Comp. Gambit Prime is fun but it's not like it's going anywhere and the drop rates have been so bad up until a couple of weeks ago that it wasn't really worth the grind for the best drops anyway.

LionelHutz

Mar 3, 2018
Yo, I have a question regarding progression and I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm a Hunter level 668, using the Way of a Thousand Cuts subclass.

Kinetic is Crimson
Energy is Masterwork Arsenic Bite-4B with Lightweight Frame, Explosive Head, Rampage and Radar Tuner.

Rest of the gear is generic purples.

My usual routine consists of doing dailies (strikes, gambit, crucible, the odd PVE task etc).

I just not sure what I should be working to... I've been on and off since release date and have returned after not playing for a bit. Where are the exotics? I've had zero drop for me. Any advice would be much appreciated, cheersss

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yo, I have a question regarding progression and I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

Kinetic is Crimson
Energy is Masterwork Arsenic Bite-4B with Lightweight Frame, Explosive Head, Rampage and Radar Tuner.

My usual routine consists of doing dailies (strikes, gambit, crucible, the odd PVE task etc).

I just not sure what I should be working to... I've been on and off since release date and have returned after not playing for a bit. Where are the exotics? I've had zero drop for me. Any advice would be much appreciated, cheersss
Do all of the things, the forges are a good source of light level bump and the shattered throne is currently active in the DC.

Double valor in Mayhem Banner as well.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
To recap what I've been up to and to share some additional findings I present the following:
Yesterday I had the idea to run a build focused on shoulder charge since you can easily have it up all of the time with the revelry tonic. This is actually already possible (Arc tree only with Insurmountable Skullfort which refunds melee energy on kill) but my wild idea was to use the melee tonic to take the place of Skullfort and run with Mk.44 Stand Aside's which grant an overshield during sprint AND refund a portion of the melee energy if you get a kill. And that last part is important, as you will see in a minute.

As I have already stated, the results, once I started using MIDA and focusing on playing well instead of just trying to force shoulder charge, were impressive. MIDA takes care of the range and shoulder charge + SMG can be used to initiate (and I was actually able to kill 2 or 3 person groups with this last night although I probably got somewhat lucky) and facilitate some really aggressive play. Yesterday's results in IB were 10 wins and 2 losses whereas the night before, running a more normal build, were 5 wins and 8 losses. And my average KD (not KDA) across the 12 games was 2.5 compared to the previous 12 games which was 1.36. That's not a huge sample size and more testing is needed but the early results are impressive and even more than that, it was really, really fun.

But what if you didnt have the melee tonic? Would this build still be viable? It would depend on how quickly you can get shoulder charge (or hammer strike or shield bash because it works with all 3) back under the most optimal circumstances. It turns out that it's like this: Mk.44 Stand Aside's appear to refund 50% of your melee energy if you get a melee kill while using them and if you load up on Impact Mods in every Mod slot you will get 100% of your melee energy back in 15 seconds. I know because I just tried it using Sunbreaker and the Tempered Metal buff lasts 15 seconds on ability kill and it wore off the same instant the melee charge came back.

That is really good news. That means that 95% of the stuff I was doing last night is doable without the melee tonic as there were only two or three instances where I shoulder charged someone and then immediately shoulder charged someone else in less than 15 seconds. Usually it was shoulder charge, get the kill, reset positioning/hunt for next target and then decide if it was another charge candidate or if I was better off just using my weapons.

But still, for a build to run around with in Quickplay (and when I say run I mean run as you spend A LOT of time sprinting and being really aggressive) I think it's completely viable. I wouldn't take it into Comp as I think it thrives off of the chaos of 6v6 but man, talk about bringing the fun back to Quickplay. I actually did not want to stop playing last night and I am actually looking forward to playing Quickplay (IB) today! And I really can't think of any better endorsement than that.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Kinetic is Crimson

Work for exotic quests. Get Dreaming City gear, grind Black Armory forge weapons if you have the annual pass.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Demi and Crude. Really looking forward to having a new loadout. I've heard great things about pairing Thorn with Recluse so pretty exciting times. Too bad IB will be over, but still...these were two of the only things left that I cared about getting so really can't be enough more excited.

And I understand why comp is more appealing right now: map sizes that were built for 4v4 with an exception or two, solid team gameplay required, real risk/reward system. QP is fun, just requires a very different mindset.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I'm back to my old favourite of HC & Fighting Lion trying to bang out the Mountaintop in the next 5.5 weeks. Have all of 15 or so kills each on Luna's and Recluse and I've had them for nearly two weeks now.
Mountaintop. Wow, good luck. I've seen (I.e. been killed by) maybe 3 that I can recall in all of D2 PvP. The quest sounds like the most maddening they've ever made.

One of my friends with the Recluse really doesn't touch it either. Meanwhile I've been killed by it a lot in QP mostly and each time it is the quickest death I've experienced by a non-power non-super. I'm not an smg guy though so the learning curve might be a slight pain. I don't care—I'm sure I'll still have a big smile going for a few weeks. 😁

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised in the fucking slightest. All these high triumph people and high comp players do this, considering it's especially easy to do it on PC.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Been watching a 'high comp' Xbox player on Twitch the last few days since it's been slow at work; it's good when he's playing, even if it's other people's accounts who are paying him to get him NF, but today it's a lot of kill trading and shit when he ends up in a match against a friend. Exciting.

Mountaintop. Wow, good luck. I've seen (I.e. been killed by) maybe 3 that I can recall in all of D2 PvP. The quest sounds like the most maddening they've ever made.

I've seen it a bit more often than that, and also in Gambit a few times. Looks like fun to me, so why not? Making slow but steady progress. 570% on final blows, 38% on double kills and 83% on medals. Not sure I'll get those double kills done before the end of the season unless I get better at it, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
giphy.gif

IN THIS BITCHHHHH

GIT BEHIND ME, SATAN THANOS

Hi good people. Thread has been hella entertaining to follow from the snapped afterlife. Some shark things never change.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
LUNA FORGOTTEN NERF LUL

Our current plan is to make Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten the only 150 RPM precision Hand Cannons. They will maintain some aspects of their current behavior while taking on the firing speed and damage of the 150 RPM Hand Cannons. Magnificent Howl will also be adjusted so that it increases only body-shot damage, resulting in a two headshot/one body-shot kill. Magnificent Howl will still give an advantage due to requiring less precision hits for optimal time to kill.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
can someone explain it to me like I'm 5 what they are doing to the Luna howl and not forgotten?

( I don't have both and I hate using hand cannons)

demi

Oct 27, 2017
can someone explain it to me like I'm 5 what they are doing to the Luna howl and not forgotten?

( I don't have both and I hate using hand cannons)

180RPMs are the only usable type on console in PVP, that's why they're so stupid on console.

This nerf is definitely targeted towards console

However, them saying they will be "the only 150RPM" means trouble for guns like Midnight Coup, Waking Vigil, etc

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Magnificent Howl only affects body damage, what the everloving fuck? "Don't aim for the head" -Bungie.

With that and lowering the fire rate... just take the fucking guns out of the game at that point. What a murderous nerf.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
180RPMs are the only usable type on console in PVP, that's why they're so stupid on console.

This nerf is definitely targeted towards console

However, them saying they will be "the only 150RPM" means trouble for guns like Midnight Coup, Waking Vigil, etc

They said:
Our current plan is to make Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten the only 150 RPM precision Hand Cannons.

This would make it a new archetype, right? It really shouldn't affect Midnight Coup or Waking Vigil.

Maybe it's just me but, beyond the Last Word, I generally prefer using 140s and 150s over 180s, despite how good the Service Revolver can be.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
This is the same thing that happened to Hopscotch Pilgrim, after the RPM change they dropped off the face of the earth

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess you can't 2 tap a second person with Luna anymore since the perk only affects body. Looks like my service revolver outlaw/killshot range MW drop yesterday came at a good time.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
This Luna/NF nerf is a shit change.

They're worried about 2 tapping after getting a kill. It's not exactly easy or consistent to do so. This is like when they nerfed TLW hipfire headshot damage in D1 because "people were too good at getting headshots."

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bungie : He let's fuck up our multiplayer with instant nades and spam

Also bungie: let's nerf the fuck out of a decent chased weapon for lulz.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I would still use Luna's over any other legendary HC I have in that slot for PVP— a bloomless 150? I'm in.

I think Bungie should probably comment publicly on this choice vs keeping it 180 and making Mag Howl only buff precision damage.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what the fuck??? I work all season in a terrible Crucible to get these PINNACLE rewards and they are going to fucking nerf them??? Jesus why in all of living fuck would you ever do that to the hardcore players who keep this shit going??? I honestly am so ridiculously pissed right now. If you earn the weapon keep it as is because you earned it and should be entitled to a seriously great reward after that slog. Holy shit this is disappointing.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Gammacide

You haven't felt these weapons were too strong playing PvP for the last 2.5 seasons? I especially thought NF was too strong in the hands of someone good enough to earn it. Luna's sometimes if the owner had more skill than ambition (to get a NF).

I think a change is warrented, and moving from an easy .667 TTK to an easy .8 TTK seems OK. My complaint about this is that it reduces their effectiveness as a super shutdown tool, so I hope we also see some broad super-armour reductions with the same patch.

I also hope we see some sort of buff to Adaptive and Lightweight HCs to make them viable on the console.

edit: fixed copy-paste phone fail

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually thinking about attempting to try and get recluse, although I absolutely despise pvp, but idk man. Would probably just be nerfed eventually anyway.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my clanmate friend have grinded probably 30-40 Nightfalls these past two weeks and we have three catalysts between us to show for it.

This "increased chances" clan perk doesn't feel very effective.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
not sure what you mean, i love crucible! luna nerfed, bought forgottens shit on, spectral shit on

crucible is the best it's ever been

Status
Not open for further replies.