• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It sounds wimpy and is right up there with the rest of the Dreaming City weapons in looking rather odd. It's an aesthetic thing and purely a personal choice; I am in no way disputing it's prowess. It can absolutely put in some work. I just don't like using it.
more than fair.

Nothing is necessary, good sir. I actually did do a double-take on the date IRL as I sometimes click and find myself on page 1 instead of the current page. Yes, I do find fresh thoughts on old stuff a bit awkward and humorous because they are paths we've all tread, and quite long time ago. Plus, I'm sure he can handle bit of light ribbing.

That okay with you?

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Nothing is necessary, good sir. I actually did do a double-take on the date IRL as I sometimes click and find myself on page 1 instead of the current page. Yes, I do find fresh thoughts on old stuff a bit awkward and humorous.

That okay with you?
Humorous is one thing but why is it awkward? Despite you saying otherwise I can guarantee you that not everyone who reads this board has as much game knowledge or as much of a loot hoard as you do. If I said something that was blatantly incorrect then that would be one thing. But what you said came off as both casting shade on me for being behind the 1% and holding up some kind of elitist mindset where since you already know it it must not be useful to anyone else either.

Understand I'm not judging you personally but your response was on a whole other level of snobbery.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Humorous is one thing but why is it awkward? Despite you saying otherwise I can guarantee you that not everyone who reads this board has as much game knowledge or as much of a loot hoard as you do. If I said something that was blatantly incorrect then that would be one thing. But what you said came off as both casting shade on me for being behind the 1% and holding up some kind of elitist mindset where since you already know it it must not be useful to anyone else either.

Understand I'm not judging you personally but your response was on a whole other level of snobbery.
I see. The intent wasn't to make you feel any type of way, but I understand some people are more sensitive than others.

As for humor and awkwardness, we can agree to disagree. You're new to the weapon and that's cool. But if it's okay for the rest of us to talk about that same weapon since you brought it up (presumably for discussion, otherwise why go on about it), then most of us are going to talk about the weapon in the context of having had it for several months. That means in the context of our experiences with it across game types over time. That means experiences with it after the rose-colored glasses wore off and we took those experiences onto more practical and (in the opinions of most) better weapons in that class of weapons, good and bad. Our after-the-fact impressions might not match the "new car smell" glowing impressions and that's okay. Such is what happened here. No harm was intended, as many of us used Burden as a training wheels SR in PvP and said so quite specifically (I know I said exactly that, as did another poster) but don't use it quite as much now for a variety of reasons, some of which have been enumerated. You'll notice we talk about other weapons and experiences with the same sorts of pros and cons. You only have to go back a couple of pages to see the changing opinions on Outbreak for example.

But again, t'was not the intent to make you feel any kind of way. I will avoid light ribbing with you in the future.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, he's got a point. You can't move on to the sniper with the highest aim assist in Destiny and then call another one baby mode. Izanagi's has utility for really skilled players as a super shutdown, or using honed edge to snipe through little cutouts in walls and get ankle 1-shots before people round corners (which can take serious reflexes).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a full-time convert to the cult of snapshot, but things like Bite of the Fox, Aachen or Sole Survivor are the Tru Boss snipers imo. I personally hate the lack of range on 140 rpms, it lets me down on wide open Gambit maps or long Crucible lanes (like outside from A on Meltdown) all the time. Bullets can just vanish.

I ain't calling it baby mode. I said training wheels. SEMANTICS, my dude. The semantics.

It's a good starting point to get someone into snipers. The idea of a one hit body shot is appealing. At first it's all you go for, then you start experimenting and aim for the head. Then you start getting good at it. Then you don't need to rely on it's exotic perk anymore and move on.

That was my experience with it. Still perfectly fine weapon to use solely for the body shot. It's a free kill. It has its place for those who need it.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't calling it baby mode. I said training wheels. SEMANTICS, my dude. The semantics.

It's a good starting point to get someone into snipers. The idea of a one hit body shot is appealing. At first it's all you go for, then you start experimenting and aim for the head. Then you start getting good at it. Then you don't need to rely on it's exotic perk anymore and move on.

That was my experience with it. Still perfectly fine weapon to use solely for the body shot. It's a free kill. It has its place for those who need it.
It's also a highly damaging boss weapon.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Edit - I want a Catalyst for this ASAP. The easy answer would be something that gives it the equivalent of Quickdraw (call it Iaijutsu if you want to keep the Japanese lore connection) but that might be too much. Alternatively, something that increases the stability and handling would also be a great choice.

I think it should get ambitious assassin to power up the gun even more after a kill.

I don't like Twilight Oath either.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I ain't ever used Twilight Oath, never get a good roll. But I stand by Supremacy until I finally die by a bear as I have wished.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And I thought the reddit thread with the TWAB with LH/NF nerfs got heated quick, this one is something else.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol they're nerfing shards again.

Jesus what's the point of even using super exotics now?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Trick is don't use anything that good so you don't need to adjust how you play. Been using sunshot and lucky pants on my hunter for almost 3 seasons...

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
so take away the fun shit in pve and nerf ace because its strong in crapible? it's an exotic, it should be strong as the sun. I know people always say....I'm done! but honestly this is the 2nd time they nerfed ace, and ace is my favorite gun to use in pve.

Shards is shit for pve, hardly ever gives any super back and now nerfing it even more? They really hate players having fun. All the shit that makes reckoning at least fun and interesting is gone. Why waste time playing it now? going back to back supers is what made that dumb bridge section fun.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, the nerf train. What a disappointment. Are they adjusting activities that were balanced with the super-regen in mind of those exotics now too? Or are they just super hard now?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ah, the nerf train. What a disappointment. Are they adjusting activities that were balanced with the super-regen in mind of those exotics now too? Or are they just super hard now?

You think destiny's activities are hard, LOL.

These nerfs are great. They missed one glaring target though, actually two. Super mods need nerfed, and super damage reduction in PVP needs nerfed.

I know logic does not exist with the never nerf crowd but ya know, Whisper is still going to be really strong. You'll get 18 uninterrupted shots of extremely high damage, there's not even many bosses than can sustain that.

Nerfs are fantastic. More please!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so take away the fun shit in pve and nerf ace because its strong in crapible? it's an exotic, it should be strong as the sun. I know people always say....I'm done! but honestly this is the 2nd time they nerfed ace, and ace is my favorite gun to use in pve.

Shards is shit for pve, hardly ever gives any super back and now nerfing it even more? They really hate players having fun. All the shit that makes reckoning at least fun and interesting is gone. Why waste time playing it now? going back to back supers is what made that dumb bridge section fun.

Might as well leave the game? These unbelievably minor nerfs are obviously a big change.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think destiny's activities are hard, LOL.

These nerfs are great. They missed one glaring target though, actually two. Super mods need nerfed, and super damage reduction in PVP needs nerfed.

I know logic does not exist with the never nerf crowd but ya know, Whisper is still going to be really strong. You'll get 18 uninterrupted shots of extremely high damage, there's not even many bosses than can sustain that.

Nerfs are fantastic. More please!
God you are the most unfun person I've met; you must be a thrill to have at parties.

"Guys I just called the cops, someone might be underage here and drinking."

Oct 30, 2017
Me, playing Iron Banner by myself yesterday: top of the leader board every match. Basically carrying half the matches I'm in cause no one seems to understand how the mode works. Basically Rambo-incarnate.

Me, when my friends come online and party up to play IB: I can't gun.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I'm never getting Mountain top. I'm already bad at PvP, even worse with grenade launchers so getting two rapid kills is not going to happen, much less doing that 100 times. :(

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is like D1 all over again.

Bungie released a full powered exotic black hammer into D2 at the end of Y1 and then they nerf it into the ground the same way they nerfed black hammer at the end of Y2.

Hopefully they are introducing some new fun toys that make it worth coming back ... probably not right?

Status
Not open for further replies.