• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2017
Not raids, obviously.

But NFs, blind well, EP etc.

This something division does well imo.
If they stuck a fast travel point in the Blind Well, you could just load into it over and over until you matched into a session with other players. At least with EP you can try that for a bit and see if you get lucky and find other players doing it.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Escalation protocol bosses/taken blights already show random casual blueberries are fucking idiots smaller than ostrich brain when it come to mechanics.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In defense of the blueberry.

The game has many mechanics that are obtuse, the taken blights for instance, how on earth would someone who doesn't visit the forums or reddit even clock on?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I've seen hundred of lv 50s not knowing what to do to trigger heroic pes and not do certain optimal things in strikes. Having a raid full of them means that raid will never get completed. Options are good though. You can have raids with matching and ones without. Just put it in there and the bitching should stop with people not playing the game finding something else to complain about.

Nov 14, 2017
In defense of the blueberry.

The game has many mechanics that are obtuse, the taken blights for instance, how on earth would someone who doesn't visit the forums or reddit even clock on?
Does anyone remember someone getting a PSN message about that PE? Someone was trying to make it heroic and they got a message telling them not to shoot at the orb in the sky. They replied telling them they were making it heroic and the blueberry told them that Heroic just happened randomly. I can't remember if that was posted here or was on Reddit.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was Reddit

i just don't know people just don't watch what other people are doing or react to the feedback the game gives you - like the sound of picking up an orb in BW followed by the harmony buff followed by getting a super in 10 seconds or STANDING IN THE FIRE THAT BURNS YOU TO DEATH THE TAKEN KNIGHTS/REGULAR ACOLYTES SHOOT breaking news everyone, fire still is hot

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm either lucky or I'm the idiot dragging everyone down because pretty much all of my experiences with teammates matchmaking has been good to great. I don't really count Gambit because it's pretty clear that a lot of people aren't trying to win and are instead going for bounties and quests. I know I do after a certain point.

Kill multiple players or kill them after they've just killed a group of enemies.

That presumes I'm actually good at invading and that I know how to time invasion such that I'll be there before they do the smart thing and stop killing. The only times I invade are when literally no one else is or I get lucky with a ton of heavy ammo drops.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shitting on the blueberries, elitist Destiny community strikes again.
toddi.png

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Are there any PC clans with an open slot? I've been looking and it seems like the Clan thread is closed now.

Oct 25, 2017
I will usually make things heroic and people usually follow but if its just myself i will do it normally because i have no time to wasting to change it.

But i have gotten instances of level 50s not turning events heroic even though other members including myself are (the PE events on the Tangled Shore for example).

Also the corrupted strike can be an interesting display of this once on the elevator or the boss fight LOL

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I will usually make things heroic and people usually follow but if its just myself i will do it normally because i have no time to wasting to change it.

But i have gotten instances of level 50s not turning events heroic even though other members including myself are (the PE events on the Tangled Shore for example).

Also the corrupted strike can be an interesting display of this once on the elevator or the boss fight LOL

To be fair, most heroics speed things up while the Cryopod one makes it take five times longer.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Best way to the top of a mountain is on a train made of cheese and there's been one running on the discord thanks to a couple of degenerate Aussies starting it off.

img_20190526_170452qnjsq.jpg

Perfect for when a stray bullet hits you on your sparrow so you hop off and send a mini death rocket their way.

Also still grinding out Thorn. Did the Blind Well heroic 5 times and am still amazed people, who know how to trigger the heroic, still don't understand the link between Harmony and busting shields.

Groaned when the next step was EP after both Ikelos and Wayfarer still being a fresh memory, but joined a blueberry doing the first one and had six people by level 3. Smashed it to 7 in a second, did 6 again and it was over. EP really is a load of fun still with a bunch of randoms.

Now it's the 300 kills, which I'll chip away at over the next week and a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
lol Kyuuji enjoy my man.

also: you know you've done too many Reckonings when you are making minigames of how quickly you can hot-swap Lunas --> Phoenix Protocol and visa vera. I thought my limit would be how close to the center of each bridge pillar I could stick the Well sword in. Nope. Swapping Lunas and Phoenix is like working on a Formula 1 pit crew.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
lol Kyuuji enjoy my man.

also: you know you've done too many Reckonings when you are making minigames of how quickly you can hot-swap Lunas --> Phoenix Protocol and visa vera. I thought my limit would be how close to the center of each bridge pillar I could stick the Well sword in. Nope. Swapping Lunas and Phoenix is like working on a Formula 1 pit crew.
Thank you, it's a pretty fun gun.

I know the feel of making games from the mundane in Destiny lol. I'm on the opposite end of the Reckoning scale though, still need to upgrade the synths so I can try Tier 2 lol.

Dec 2, 2017
The one heroic event I give people a pass on is Taken Blight. The first result on Google is the Eurogamer article that tells you to destroy the blights to damage the big one & get it to 0%. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it to work.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Escalation Protocol's Ogre is one of the worst offenders, after a few failures and countless times seeing the Ogre healed by exploding Thralls you would have taken note and shoot the thralls but no, the other 5 - 8 blueberries rather DPS the Ogre than to the shoot the goddamn exploding thralls.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, most heroics speed things up while the Cryopod one makes it take five times longer.

Yea that's fair but when you have multiple people trying to trigger it don't be that person please. Everyone could burn it down quickly and if we aren't then there is a reason for that *shrug*

As said if it just myself in the event then yea that prisoner is pretty much dead and they will have to drop off his clone

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019
The one heroic event I give people a pass on is Taken Blight. The first result on Google is the Eurogamer article that tells you to destroy the blights to damage the big one & get it to 0%. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it to work.

Taken Blight is the easiest to trigger to Heroic even when solo. With the blights, if I notice Blueberries doing the event, I'll destroy the blights in the first two phases, but leave for the third location before the second phase concludes. That way, I get to jump ahead to the next location, setup heavy to take the BBB (Big Black Ball) out quickly to trigger Heroic before the BB's cause enough damage to end the event.

Ether Harvest OTOH, fuhgetaboutit triggering Heroic solo. Does someone have a good strat for that?

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Ether Harvest OTOH, fuhgetaboutit triggering Heroic solo. Does someone have a good strat for that?

Use Sweet Business to shoot the ether or an auto rifle with lunafactions/short barrier for reloads. It's not too bad to solo, the ether will spawn when you take out the major Scorn captain.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Got the Arbalest halfway through a forge ignition.

It's good for everything.
Yep, it's a great weapon and with it's shield busting mechanic it even works great in Nightfalls or tough missions like Zero Hour. Also great in Gambit as an anti-personnel weapon or even in the Crucible. But I do want a catalyst for it, just like every other exotic!

After 108 Bergusia clears, finally got the curated rampage + kill clip Kindled Orchid to drop
I don't have the Curated but I have one with the same roll and I love it. It's extra crispy feeling and on those occasions that you get Rampage + Killclip going it's a 2 tap monster. Congrats on yours!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I just realized all this time I was under the misconception "Unbroken" title required hitting 3500 glory score. That's what I thought Legend was. Like maybe the one after fabled. I never paid that much attention to the ranks.

BUT IT'S ACTUALLY 5450+ Glory? That's absurd. Like, pretty absurd. That's a whole nother ball game. No wonder this title is rarer than hens teeth to see in the wild. And probably A LOT of those with it got it via router shenanigans.

They really need another crucible title for schlebs like me, that just depends on playing a lot and being decent. I love crucible yet I am denied any real chance a a crucible title.

I dunno if I was going to just pull some shit out of my butt make it, 15 valor resets (lifetime, not in one season) and at least one we ran, and I dunno some other stuff.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well call it...the shark title.

You get it just for playing Crucible and bitching about hand-canons.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized all this time I was under the misconception "Unbroken" title required hitting 3500 glory score. That's what I thought Legend was. Like maybe the one after fabled. I never paid that much attention to the ranks.

BUT IT'S ACTUALLY 5450+ Glory? That's absurd. Like, pretty absurd. That's a whole nother ball game. No wonder this title is rarer than hens teeth to see in the wild. And probably A LOT of those with it got it via router shenanigans.

They really need another crucible title for schlebs like me, that just depends on playing a lot and being decent. I love crucible yet I am denied any real chance a a crucible title.

I dunno if I was going to just pull some shit out of my butt make it, 15 valor resets (lifetime, not in one season) and at least one we ran, and I dunno some other stuff.

Just get the title the way you got Luna's Howl.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

Is it your life goal to panic about everything? Jesus Christ, lol

Kydd BlaZe Has Unbroken. I can tell you, knowing him, he got it legit.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What is the current best Primevil melt strategy? I see some enemy teams do it so fast and I have no idea how.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
After 9 months of grinding, I finally got the 40th Sleeper Node.

I'm so happy I could cry.
Oh wow. I literally know zero other people who have all 40. That's kind of amazing. I wonder how many nodes you had to open to get all 40?

In other news I jumped back into Comp today since the last Invitation of the Nine requires 3 Comp games. It didn't go badly and I went 2 and 1 with my trusty Blast Furnace being the hero. Since I'm in the 1100 range I might just play Comp this week and see how it goes. I enjoyed myself and got better as I went with my best game being my last one.

Nov 14, 2017
What is the current best Primevil melt strategy? I see some enemy teams do it so fast and I have no idea how.
For prime it's melting point, blade barrage, nova bomb, and lots of heavy. 1KV is a good shout as it's all round useful in gambit with good boss dps. So, nothing too unusual.

If you're behind you have to be on point and burn on 2 stacks, otherwise 3 is fine. The main thing is to bait out the invasion so that you're not getting pushed when you're trying to burn. Also, make sure everyone has taken armaments so you have full heavy.

Regular gambit is basically the same but you burn on 4 or 3 stacks I think, after killing the Wizards. Just bait out the invasion and burn as soon as they are gone.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Since when did Lord of the Wolves get so good in PVP? Did it get a PVP buff at the same time it got a PVE buff or has it always been this potent and it was just that no one used it?

Dec 2, 2017

This is by far the best use of Stronghold I've ever seen. He even blocks a Chaos Reach with it at one point.

Oh wow. I literally know zero other people who have all 40. That's kind of amazing. I wonder how many nodes you had to open to get all 40?

Way too many, but not like the thousand that other people have done. There was a couple of months where it was my routine to do one or two as the last thing before I signed off every night. Fortunately I really like Mars & Escalation Protocol. It was a great way to bang out bounties & catalysts.

I can say I would have had it way sooner, but I was a dummy and couldn't figure out how lowlidev maps worked for too long (wait, you click on the thing to make them all go away?).

I did most of my stems from orbit, which worked fine, but the Olympus/Futurescape strategy definitely works way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.