• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with bubble invades is if I know you're doing it I'm just going to hunt you down.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Did Bungie make the Gambit sparrow and ship easier to get like they did with the dreaming city equivalents? I'm toying with the idea of going for Dredgen but getting Malfeasance was a pain.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Did Bungie make the Gambit sparrow and ship easier to get like they did with the dreaming city equivalents? I'm toying with the idea of going for Dredgen but getting Malfeasance was a pain.
They actually made it harder. It used to be a guaranteed drop from the meatball once you have Malfeasance quest unlocked, then they changed them to RNG.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Petra's run complete! Three new Rivensbanes in the wild!
Nice one! The requirements behind teams and repeat raids mean I'll likely never go at it with serious intent, but it's the one I'd unlock if I could magic up everything required to grind it out. It also sounds cool as shit, and has an awesome pin. Great effort and wear it with pride!

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Nice one! The requirements behind teams and repeat raids mean I'll likely never go at it with serious intent, but it's the one I'd unlock magically if I could pick as it sounds/looks cool as shit and has an awesome pin. Great effort and wear it with pride!

Thank you, thank you! Most of the challenges for Rivensbane aren't exceedingly difficult. The two my crew and I struggle with were Witch Which and Petra's, to an extent.

Truth be told, Petra's was easier then Witch Which. That shit took us three+ hours to nail down. Petra's only took us two.

The real hard part is RNG. Getting 1KV/Ghost/Sparrow is some BS.

Hope some day you can get that title, too.

Dreams-Visions There is a story I remember, actually. When the crew and I got to Riven, a couple of us starting getting some pretty bad anxiety. I started getting reflux like crazy. Queenswalk was worse, too, because of all the memories of the errors and wonky physics.

But we pulled through.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, thank you! Most of the challenges for Rivensbane aren't exceedingly difficult. The two my crew and I struggle with were Witch Which and Petra's, to an extent.

Truth be told, Petra's was easier then Witch Which. That shit took us three+ hours to nail down. Petra's only took us two.

The real hard part is RNG. Getting 1KV/Ghost/Sparrow is some BS.

Hope some day you can get that title, too.

Dreams-Visions There is a story I remember, actually. When the crew and I got to Riven, a couple of us starting getting some pretty bad anxiety. I started getting reflux like crazy. Queenswalk was worse, too, because of all the memories of the errors and wonky physics.

But we pulled through.

Getting Witch Which was one of my more favorite moments.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Only that we had a great time. It got very stressful during the Riven and Queenswalk encounters.

We did it within five tries. Was a good time, all around. Huge relief to have it done.
Good good. I like that story. I'd prefer a couple of paragraphs, but I guess 2 sentences will have to do.

I think for me the only part that I felt real stress was the Bridge, funnily enough. Just some serious anxiety of failing to walk the tight rope. Never had sweatty palms until that. Never before it, and never after. We did have one truly glorious failure, though...

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Looks like I won't make the level cap again. Currently at 681 on PS & 651 ON X1 and that's with playing three times a week.
Oh well I guess when the level cap goes to 750 I will jump up a bit lol.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Good good. I like that story. I'd prefer a couple of paragraphs, but I guess 2 sentences will have to do.

I think for me the only part that I felt real stress was the Bridge, funnily enough. Just some serious anxiety of failing to walk the tight rope. Never had sweatty palms until that. Never before it, and never after. We did have one truly glorious failure, though...

Man, we all aced the platforming challenge.

There were two times, though, where we choked pretty hard. One of our guys she's to fall damage after Suro because they screwed up their tree jump. The most sincere despair could be heard in his voice when he whispered "No!"

That and the reflux story for Riven.

It's love to hear yours, too!

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I can't say I know what this is. Can you elaborate?
When combining stems for nodes, check which nodes do you need the most, and combine stems OUTSIDE of that area. For example, if you need nodes in Arton Dynamo area, DO NOT combine nodes in Arton Dynamo. The safest bet is doing them either in orbit, or at Futurescape.

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019
I can't say I know what this is. Can you elaborate?

When combining stems for nodes, check which nodes do you need the most, and combine stems OUTSIDE of that area. For example, if you need nodes in Arton Dynamo area, DO NOT combine nodes in Arton Dynamo. The safest bet is doing them either in orbit, or at Futurescape.

This is a good guide for the nodes get: 40/40 Sleeper Nodes - Simple Guide on getting all nodes without farming thousands of Stems

Dec 2, 2017
So, this is what I was saying earlier - orbit is kind of a waste of time. All it does is prevent you from combining them in an area where RNG is working against you.

Combine everything in Futurescape, until you need the nodes in Futurescape & Alton Dynamo, which have the best chance (not guaranteed) of coming up in Olympus Descent. Those are the two spots you need.

I was stuck on 39 with a final one in Futurescape forever (which I didn't realize until I finally figured out lowlidev). Doing 4 or 5 in Olympus got it for me.

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019
So, this is what I was saying earlier - orbit is kind of a waste of time. All it does is prevent you from combining them in an area where RNG is working against you.

Combine everything in Futurescape, until you need the nodes in Futurescape & Alton Dynamo, which have the best chance (not guaranteed) of coming up in Olympus Descent. Those are the two spots you need.

I was stuck on 39 with a final one in Futurescape forever (which I didn't realize until I finally figured out lowlidev). Doing 4 or 5 in Olympus got it for me.

Also--use Braytech.org to track your nodes and they link to lowlidev for location as well.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Anarchy is absolutely disgusting in Gambit, the damage output is insane and it's got ridiculous reserves so you almost never run out.

Oct 30, 2017
So I finally downloaded Destiny 2 on Battle.net. It's been in my owned games since it was up on Humble. Holy shit it's so smooth. I need D3 to have full cross platform play so I can main PC on it.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

Also--use Braytech.org to track your nodes and they link to lowlidev for location as well.
Woah, lots of good info there. Thanks, all! I haven't worked on the nodes very seriously but in the process of getting all of the Braytech Weapons I'm at 29/40 so it would be nice to get all of them someday.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If anyone's bored, doing some more hardcore Reckoning running with one of Gladd's clanmates. Farming god roll Grenade Launchers.

edit: happy to answer any questions about builds or strats if anyone has any.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Is that you in the twitch stream?
I'm on the team, but not the streamer if that's what you were asking.

EK has been at this longer than I have been, but we've both done a lot of these things.

edit: yes that's me occasionally in chat too. same name.

edit: also, I misspoke. He's in Cammy/Dresky's clan, not Gladd's. apologies. Don't want to put the man in the wrong group.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
from left to right:

hard launch -> spike -> field prep/rangefinder/auto-loading -> full court. (velocity mw)

that's among the highest boss dps weapons in the game if not the highest.

I got pretty close to that with 4/5 so if I don't get that final roll, I still came out ahead.

nice. 4/5 here as well. though i wasn't exactly farming for a GL, it just fell into my lap. is there any tests on full court? i'd personally take field prep over rangefinder if we want more damage.

G4GfLZa.jpg

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought pinnacle weapon info wasn't coming until thursday with the weekly update.

I also could have sworn they said we wouldn't get pvp info until this summer.

I think full court can give like 25% extra damage but you have to be decently far away.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
nice. 4/5 here as well. though i wasn't exactly farming for a GL, it just fell into my lap. is there any tests on full court? i'd personally take field prep over rangefinder if we want more damage.

G4GfLZa.jpg
great roll. I did some tests on greg but I don't think I saved the results. I'm sure EK will be making a video on the subject soon. Cammy got a god roll to drop so they have access to the numbers.

I thought pinnacle weapon info wasn't coming until thursday with the weekly update.

I also could have sworn they said we wouldn't get pvp info until this summer.

I think full court can give like 25% extra damage but you have to be decently far away.
damage also scales with velocity. IIRC max velocity gives you more total damage than max blast radius w/full court, but I'm sure the videos with proper details will come soon. It's just very difficult to get 5/5 perks on any weapon in the game. EK was up over 500 Reckoning runs this week and about 50 Doomsdays with no luck. Just how it is. I'll probably do a couple more hours of runs tonight, then a few laps in the morning before work or something.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
i'm prob gonna hit the farm this week and try to get a one-two punch shotgun, or a firing line sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.