• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Farming forges seemed fun... but why do I have to do all the tedious junk first to farm a powerful weapon frame? Kill 25 of this, go collect that, run in circles for an hour... etc. very boring.

You only have to do the longform quests once

On subsequent powerful frames its only Kills to Majors to Ada.

Still annoying but far less time consuming

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Oh so that's what they were talking about being the bad guy lol Well that makes me feel better now!

If you're solo queueing, then as long as you understand the end goal of the game (kill enemies, bank motes, summon & kill primevil), just find your own flow to doing that effectively. And hope the others are doing the same haha

Is there other shit I gotta do before tbat? I don't see anything particularly Last Wordy when I talk to the drifter.

The quest from him is called The Draw and you'll receive an artifact.

Annual pass worth it? I just got forsaken and just finished osiris.

Depends how often you play tbh. I play a lot so if you break down the three seasons, it was like paying $6-8 a season, which was worth it to me to not be locked out of anything.

FINALLY!!!

I AM DREDGEN!

Yooooo congrats! I'm definitely a Malfeasance and one more half-banked triumph from my first Seal as well.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
As is the norm with every seasonal change, I will be reviewing our PS4 clan's roster and making drops/changes as needed for Tuesday. This means there will be a few spots opening up if you need a new clan that is active and well established.

I'll repost in the DEra discord as well..

(Shoot me a DM if interested)

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Questions from someone thinking of potentially buying the game:

• I have never played Destiny 1 or Destiny 2

• Is the entire story campaign fully soloable?
  • Do all the DLC add extra soloable story campaign stuff? Or are they mostly end-game farming stuff?
  • PvP is completely optional and in a separate "area"? I have zero interest in PvP
How many hours would you roughly estimate all the story campaign to take? (not rushing through, as someone who knows nothing about the game and would have to learn/explore as I go along)
Same here, but I did play Destiny 1 and the expansions. Also I don't have PS+ so is it worth getting 2 and PS+?

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loved Forsaken, Wish Ender is my jam, missed the last raid, pushed to 650 and now looking forward to Gambit Prime. That's more what I want than say Black Armoury grinding. Now if I could just put down Apex...

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Apparently Bungie is working on tweaking the rarity/drop rates of the cosmetic items for the Cursebreaker title and looking at 1000 Voices for the Rivensbane title. Good stuff.

This is a really stupid question, but is there a guide for collecting the lore drops required for the Chronicler title? I haven't really put ANY time into collecting lore, and I figure it might be a fun thing to do on the side, for when I inevitably burn out on Gambit.

Also, people said that it's not actually possible to get the title for a few more weeks, something to do with visiting Mara? If I haven't visited Mara every single week since the beginning of the curse, am I just SOL?

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Apparently Bungie is working on tweaking the rarity/drop rates of the cosmetic items for the Cursebreaker title and looking at 1000 Voices for the Rivensbane title. Good stuff.

This is a really stupid question, but is there a guide for collecting the lore drops required for the Chronicler title? I haven't really put ANY time into collecting lore, and I figure it might be a fun thing to do on the side, for when I inevitably burn out on Gambit.

Also, people said that it's not actually possible to get the title for a few more weeks, something to do with visiting Mara? If I haven't visited Mara every single week since the beginning of the curse, am I just SOL?

Thanks
I would search YouTube for it. I'm sure there are guides.

Last edited:

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of getting Destiny 2 but I don't know what I should buy. Do I buy the Legendary Collection?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Thanks
There are guides on youtube for each book. Unless you want the pin from bungie, you might not be SOL, it will just take longer than everyone else for you to get the title.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
That triumph is getting reworked starting next season (on Tuesday). Now you just need to kill guardians with your super, not just invaders.
Pretty sure it's roaming supers while you invade (instead of just roaming super invaders) that will count, not kills you get while in a súper yourself. That would be so good though :(

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Today's lore entry is major wow

Here it is for people

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47656

Dawdling outside the entrance to a Gensym lab, the man tucked a green coin into a pocket of his newly-acquired duster, and then checked to make sure his Obsidian Mind was sealed shut. He fiddled with the clasps of the helmet as a technician carrying a clipboard hurried up to the door. She stepped inside, and he followed on her heels. The doors almost caught him as they slid shut, and the tech noticed, turning around to take stock of him.

"How you livin'?" The man said in a deep, modulated voice as he shouldered past her.

"Creep," the tech muttered, and walked the other way.

The man stopped to check a listing of room schedules on a monitor at the front desk, then continued down the hall into the darkness of Lab 3.

Inside, the Praxic Warlock Aunor stood under a constellation of holographic projections anchored in the air around her.

She saw the man out of the corner of her eye, and nodded her head slightly.

"Warlock," the man said in greeting.

"Warlock," she returned, dragging a looping feed from a far corner into focus in front of her. "I won't be long."

"Take your time," he said, leaning against the far wall. "I've always wanted to see a Praxic at work."

"I assure you it's glamorous," she replied, throwing her arms wide and unfolding the feed into a three-dimensional space.
The lab flashed with light and became the shattered, burning husk of the Prison of Elders.

The man turned to his left and saw a familiar, weathered face staring up at the eight Barons of the Tangled Shore.

Cayde-6 stumbled forward and raised a hand. "Hey, help me out here, little buddy." His Ghost appeared in a blazing burst of Light.

"Freeze playback," Aunor said. Time stopped. "Confirm what I'm seeing."

The Tower's central processing unit spoke with an automated voice. "Ghost 'Sundance' audiovisual feed, third-person perspective; date of recording is roughly six months prior."

"Scan the feed for soft light interposition."

"None found. This Ghost feed is direct from the subject's databanks and has not been tampered with."

"Resume playback."

The high-pitched whine of the Rifleman's weapon was the last sound on the feed. It was the last thing Cayde's Ghost ever heard. The bullet shattered the holographic world around Aunor and the man, and Lab 3 reappeared in its place.

Aunor swept her coat back and clasped her armored hands behind her. "Why did the feed end?"

"Subject 'Sundance' suffered unrecoverable system failure and ceased recording."

"Scorn guns can't kill a Ghost," the man said, taking a step away from the wall, and uncrossing his arms.

Aunor ignored him. "Cause of death?" she continued.

"'Sundance' appears to be the victim of a single, catastrophic wound from a Devourer Bullet, modified to fire from a Scorn launcher. Projectile classified as ontological."

"Define Devourer Bullet."

"Payload matches the ballistics of a Weapon of Sorrow or a comparable Hive implement."

"What do you think, Warlock?" Aunor asked the man without turning around.

"Didn't the Mindbender build himself an Ascendant throne?"

"Yes."

"Crafting bullets sounds easy if you can manage that."

"Sword Logic doesn't work that way. The throne came after," Aunor replied. "It was built on Cayde-6's death. I didn't catch your name."

"Finch," said the man.

"Finch," Aunor echoed dryly.

He gestured at the holographic displays. "What's all this for?"

The various HUDs and data streams reflected off Aunor's polished black helmet. "I'm investigating the possible involvement of the Hero of the War in the death of Cayde-6."

Finch chuckled. "Won't they hang you for that?"

Aunor looked at the ground. "You'd be surprised what this City will let a Lightbearer get away with."

"I hear that. So? Is the big hero actually the villain?"

"You can read the report once the Vanguard publishes it."

Finch nodded. "Fair enough." He turned to leave, then stopped himself. "And what actually happens if the saint turns out to be a sinner?"

Aunor still hadn't turned around. "The Praxic Order doesn't hesitate, doesn't stop. If we can prove you've done demonstrable harm to humanity or the City, doesn't matter how far or how fast you run. We'll catch you. And you'll face Praxic Fire."

"You're a scary sister."

She turned to look directly at him. "You have no idea."

Finch coughed and headed for the door. Behind him, Aunor called out, "Didn't you need lab time?"

"Just remembered I'm busy," he replied over his shoulder and disappeared.
The doors closed and Aunor stood in the half-darkness, a sea of data streams reflecting off her helmet.

"Restart the feed," she said.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Pretty sure it's roaming supers while you invade (instead of just roaming super invaders) that will count, not kills you get while in a súper yourself. That would be so good though :(

So my understanding of this:

The Triumph "Light vs. Light" can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.

Is exactly what you are hoping it will be.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

The Triumph "Light vs. Light" can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.

I thought you had to kill invaders in a super, with your super.

And now it's simply ANY guardians in their, not merely invading guardians.

But it's still using your super to cancel theirs, isn't it?

Or am I just confusing it with the 'Light vs Light' Shaxx line that comes when you kill a supered guardian with your own super.

EDIT: Funny enough, I have this Triumph. And I think it was one of the first Gambit Triumphs I got. Must have been in the early days, when everybody invaded with a super instead of a Linear Fusion.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
If you're solo queueing, then as long as you understand the end goal of the game (kill enemies, bank motes, summon & kill primevil), just find your own flow to doing that effectively. And hope the others are doing the same haha

Yeah I usually play with at least one other friend and I'm sure he'll be looking up what to do lol

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I jumped back in last night and finished collecting the few memory fragments on Mars I had yet to find. I forgot how fun D2 was and spent some time just going around blowing shit up with Grav Lance. The particle effects are so fucking awesome.

So I think I've thoroughly beat Warmind now. Got Sleeper, Worldline, all the EP armor plus the shotgun and SMG! Next time Forsaken goes on sale on PSN I guess I'll finally pick it up.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Got it and a one month sub for Plus.
Ah, so PS4 then. Remember to ask Ruthless for a Discord invite. If you grind hard enough (or buy the annual pass and get the 640 boost next week) I'm sure people will carry you through Last Wish / Scourge. I totally will if I notice you post in the PS4 LFG and am available.
I thought you had to kill invaders in a super, with your super.

And now it's simply ANY guardians in their, not merely invading guardians.

But it's still using your super to cancel theirs, isn't it?

Or am I just confusing it with the 'Light vs Light' Shaxx line that comes when you kill a supered guardian with your own super.

EDIT: Funny enough, I have this Triumph. And I think it was one of the first Gambit Triumphs I got. Must have been in the early days, when everybody invaded with a super instead of a Linear Fusion.
Previously, you had to kill invaders who were using their super. It did not matter if you used your super to do it. They are changing it so now you can progress by killing any guardian on super, so that means invaders on super like right now, or if you invade and find someone using their super.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

English isn't my first language, but I find this frustratingly ambiguous.

"It can be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super"

Can be parsed as:

A) killing any Guardian *who is* using a Super
Or
B) killing any Guardian *while you are* using a Super

I'd like to think it's B), but their use of "instead of just invaders" makes me feel it's A). Because the way it works right now works is substituting "any Guardian" for "an Invader" in A), but not in B).

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017

Can be parsed as:

Or

I'd like to think it's B), but their use of "instead of just invaders" makes me feel it's A). Because the way it works right now works is substituting "any Guardian" for "an Invader" in A), but not in B).

Yeah I was initially excited because i also thought it was B, but seeing Kittens' explanation above I'm now thinking it's most likely A, which actually seems harder imo. I rarely come across guardians using their super while I'm invading.

If it is A, then I imagine that changes the calculus of when to invade.

Nov 14, 2017

Can be parsed as:

Or

'Guardian using a super' in this context is the object of the sentence, i.e. the thing being acted on. So, you have to kill a "guardian using a super" to progress the triumph.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
'Guardian using a super' in this context is the object of the sentence, i.e. the thing being acted on. So, you have to kill a "guardian using a super" to progress the triumph.

Yup, It's crappy situaltion stuff. It's not often and some of the most used supers are ridiculously quick and the invader has armor to boot.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Exotic warlock gloves that let the user consume a grenade for an arc buddy have been spotted in the ViDoc.

Also some Hunter gauntlets as well maybe.

YwpsMwN.png

Yup, It's crappy situaltion stuff. It's not often and some of the most used supers are ridiculously quick and the invader has armor to boot.

I've found one of the more reliable ways to get an invader to use their super on you is if you're hoarding a bunch of motes and hiding off in a corner that they're not likely able to use their weapon. Make sure you have your super primed as well and you've got a good chance of notching a kill.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Exotic warlock gloves that let the user consume a grenade for an arc buddy have been spotted in the ViDoc.

Why would I ever use such a thing.

I think I had an idea a long time ago for an exotic that allowed you to have three arc souls at once. Now that sounds kinda cool. But just one? Oh no, please, don't hurt me. Maybe if it stacks with the one from the rift, I could be interested.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who stopped playing before the Armory was implemented and currently at 547 Light, is there any easy way to beef up my light so I can do anything with the Armory? I went in the forge just now and couldn't shoot anything, all Immune :(

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, the PvP section of this TLW quest is bringing back all of the frustrating memories. All these hidden stats on weapons. Can't fucking believe they still hide this shit.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Next week there will be bounties to boost you to 640.

But only for Annual Pass holders (which is poor form, imo).

God, the PvP section of this TLW quest is bringing back all of the frustrating memories. All these hidden stats on weapons. Can't fucking believe they still hide this shit.

I feel ya on this. That 4th quest step (the PvP one) I almost gave up on bc I hate mechanics that penalize your progress for losing-- a reason I stay out of competitive PvP. However that same week Mayhem was active in the rotation and that made it a breeze actually. Matches are often short and it's just a super-popping death fest so even though you'll get dinged here and there, you've got a better chance of progressing rapidly. If you're burning out on the PvP then maybe hold off until reset on Tuesday to see if it makes an appearance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.