• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I agree. I hate crucible also because it just feels like you get one shot constantly. I just skip the shit that requires it tbh. At least with Thorn I hear you can't lose progress so I'll pick away at it. The Last Word crucible grind can fuck off though. Maybe if my character gets really strong one day and I'm bored with everything else but until then screw that.
Easiest way to deal with the pvp requirements if you don't like crucible is to just wait for Mayhem to be the playlist and use a subclass with a solid super. I blew through the Last Word requirements in two matches using the warlock's nova bomb, and I guarantee you there are better ones for it than that. The idea is basically just that that mode takes away the need to worry about getting one-slotted since that's pretty much all that's happening 100% of the time in it anyway.

All the best guardians are viewed as renegades. Just saying...
Thats because being a renegade is fashionable! Everybody whose anybody is a renagade these days. You. Me. My grandma, too.

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Zavala didnt want me to avenge Cayde and that was some of the best content ever. So basically Zavala is team vanilla Destiny 2 and I cannot abide that. So I sided with the Drifter.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
always remember, this is Zavala...

omgwtf.gif

he's a little bi@$#%@$^Y@

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Team Drifter all the way. The Vanguard stood by and did shit all after Cayde got capped, and as a hunter, we still don't have a replacement. Not to mention how little credit Zavala seems to give us for killing a few gods. Then there's also how they looked down on non-guardians, thinking themselves superior to the people they were sworn to protect.

I'm curious to see where a more morally gray story will take us.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Man I can't believe how awesomely broken and fun Lord of Wolves is right now. Don't know if it was intended, but if Bungie wanted to find a way to get me to oust LM from its top position as my exotic for PvE, this is definitely a way to go about it.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
scust!

This thread is like top 10 anime betrayals

I'm tellin Ikora

Zavala is busy sitting on his hands..... Couldn't even fight for his "friend." Yeah, that is certainly an anime betrayal..

just like:
latest

SMH, he's as good as dead in my mind. Ikora is still alright in my book...

Team Drifter all the way. The Vanguard stood by and did shit all after Cayde got capped, and as a hunter, we still don't have a replacement. Not to mention how little credit Zavala seems to give us for killing a few gods. Then there's also how they looked down on non-guardians, thinking themselves superior to the people they were sworn to protect.

As much as I agree with this, hunters are still 3rd class citizens, so let's not get too crazy here.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
GUARDIAN I HEARD YOU SIDED WITH THE DRIFTER AND CHOSE TO PLAY GAMBIT LIKE A COWARD. I GUESS THE NEXT TIME WE MEET...... WILL BE ON THE CRUCIBLE GROUNDS.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Team Drifter all the way. The Vanguard stood by and did shit all , and as a hunter, we still don't have a replacement. Not to mention how little credit Zavala seems to give us for killing a few gods. Then there's also how they looked down on non-guardians, thinking themselves superior to the people they were sworn to protect.

Lies and slander.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Zavala had a city full of citizens getting over a MASSIVE Cabal assault to protect. Cayde knew the risks of his gallivanting ways.

That said, my Titan's going Drifter. I plan on succeeding where Rezyl Azzir failed. He gave Titans a bad name by falling to the Darkness. I plan on making it work for me.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Zavala had a city full of citizens getting over a MASSIVE Cabal assault to protect. Cayde knew the risks of his gallivanting ways.

That said, my Titan's going Drifter. I plan on succeeding where Rezyl Azzir failed. He gave Titans a bad name by falling to the Darkness. I plan on making it work for me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what they all say right before the baby-eating

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The Drifter subsidizes morally wrong behavior in the name of, what, exactly? The greater good? Where have I heard that one before? (like every super villain ever). The end does not always justify the means, folks. When you get to the point where you don't care to preserve guardian life and just shrug off a few dirt naps as inconsequential in the greater scheme you aren't doing anything good, no matter the protestations to the contrary.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oct 29, 2017
The Drifter subsidizes morally wrong behavior in the name of, what, exactly? The greater good? Where have I heard that one before? (like every super villain ever). The end does not always justify the means, folks. When you get to the point where you don't care to preserve guardian life and just shrug off a few dirt naps as inconsequential in the greater scheme you aren't doing anything good, no matter the protestations to the contrary.

I think his perspective on the city, "guardians", the light, etc are what frame everything else that he does and how he does it. He sees humanity as something not worth protecting in the way Zavala does, because he sees humanity as already having been defeated. Already 6 feet under, just taking their time getting there. There are larger issues on the horizon, far more apocalyptic ones, that need to be prepared for and he's doing that essentially. Seeing which guardians are worth keeping around, and which ones agree with him on the looming threats.

He's an effective anti-hero in that sense.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think his perspective on the city, "guardians", the light, etc are what frame everything else that he does and how he does it. He sees humanity as something not worth protecting in the way Zavala does, because he sees humanity as already having been defeated. Already 6 feet under, just taking their time getting there. There are larger issues on the horizon, far more apocalyptic ones, that need to be prepared for and he's doing that essentially. Seeing which guardians are worth keeping around, and which ones agree with him on the looming threats.

He's an effective anti-hero in that sense.
If he thinks humanity is already over and dead, what on earth is he fighting for?

Himself.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's what they all say right before the baby-eating
My Jiminy Cricket/Reset Button will still be snugly in my backpack.
giphy.gif

Stop making up excuses for the lil' bit(h.
Look, I'm team #IronManWasRight, but Cayde knew his ass should've been in the Tower and not sneaking off trying to holler at Petra. Zavala's pragmatic approach, given the unsteady status of the City, made the most sense. Dude even said he'd have pulled the trigger himself had circumstances been different, and I believe him.

Oct 29, 2017
If he thinks humanity is already over and dead, what on earth is he fighting for?

Himself.

Exactly, but he thinks that we should ALL be fighting for ourselves. To surviiiiive.

Seriously though, check out his side of the questline on youtube or something. He has some great dialog that he feeds the player in it, and it gives some neat looks into his perspectives and his thoughts on what is coming ahead.

Oct 29, 2017
Powerful Engrams from challenges are capped too low so they only drop at +1 above your current max light level instead of +5-ish it should should be until 690.

Hm I didn't realize that was a bug, I thought that was just a problem with how the various activity rewards were set to the 500-600 climb, and now that we are going from 600-700 they just aren't providing enough of a bump (650-700 for sure). I've gotten powerful engrams giving me +5, but I could also be confusing them in my memory with Prime Engram drops.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
LOL at literally every single person in crucible today using a void hand cannon.

Also those numbers thorn quest demi posted seem incorrect. I seem to be making way more progress with a void HC vs a void pulse, than those numbers suggest (all via rumble).

I just had a 10 guardians defeated rumble with void pulse and it only went up 1%, from 32 to 33 :/

Most of my awful hand cannon games seem to net 2-4%. Even 6%. That's with getting very few kills and even fewer actual precision kills...

Tentative conclusions.

The tradeoff is I'm still grinding valor (over 1400 already) for that Shaxx pulse. And using a weapon that makes me feel like I'm playing with no hands (Ikelos HC, or any HC) aint it. So basically I have to choose, more valor or more thorn progress.

Inaugural address is still easy mode against these kids and their ikelos though. I was looking at it and probably, with chambered compensator, it has a really high recoil direction (even though unfortunately it ends on a 9) and stability too. That's probably it's secret.

If there was a Forsaken Inaugural address it would be pretty brutal. But also, pulses just need a smidge faster ttk, still too easy to lose to hand cannons.

33% thorn quest done. Terrible power RNG this week, sitting at f-ing 668, pisses me off. My drops have been in the wrong slot or terrible so many times this week. I cant even hit freakin 670, after finishing last week at 662.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Man, all these hot takes on Allegiance.

Drifter is a chump. He's regularly stabbed his own friends in their backs, and by his own admission consistently plays both sides for his own benefit. You side with him, you're next in line for getting fucked over.

Meanwhile Zavala and Ikora just lost one of their best friends, got out of one of the ugliest wars the Tower and Humanity has ever seen where the entire solar system was nearly obliterated, grappled with what it means to be a Guardian, and dealt with and came to an understanding with Rasputin.

And folks want to side with the Drifter?

giphy-downsized.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Hm I didn't realize that was a bug, I thought that was just a problem with how the various activity rewards were set to the 500-600 climb, and now that we are going from 600-700 they just aren't providing enough of a bump (650-700 for sure). I've gotten powerful engrams giving me +5, but I could also be confusing them in my memory with Prime Engram drops.

Bungie themselves pointed it out and said there would be a fix this week so that's why I've been holding off from doing those challenges.

What do you mean, "challenges"?

From the director, so things like the daily and weekly strike completions.

Oct 29, 2017
Bungie themselves pointed it out and said there would be a fix this week so that's why I've been holding off from doing those challenges.

Hm! Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that.

Drifter is a chump. He's regularly stabbed his own friends in their backs, and by his own admission consistently plays both sides for his own benefit. You side with him, you're next in line for getting fucked over.

Meanwhile Zavala and Ikora just lost one of their best friends, got out of one of the ugliest wars the Tower and Humanity has ever seen where the entire solar system was nearly obliterated, grappled with what it means to be a Guardian, and dealt with and came to an understanding with Rasputin.

giphy-downsized.gif

I side with the drifter knowing that I'll need to keep a bullet in TLW with his name on it if and when he decides to pull a fast one on me lol

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

giphy-downsized.gif

I want to play both sides for my benefit. I'm already the greatest guardian the universe has ever seen, and with dark powers I'll be even better.

Meanwhile Ikora and Zavala sit in the tower and do jack shit while I'm out there getting things done.

Now I got his annoying Warlock Aunor on my ass. Does she even know what I've done? Who the fuck I am? That I traveled through time and killed Atheon? That I took out a Hive God and his son? That I single handedly took out the infection that wiped out the Iron Lords?

Fuck outta here.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Easiest way to deal with the pvp requirements if you don't like crucible is to just wait for Mayhem to be the playlist and use a subclass with a solid super. I blew through the Last Word requirements in two matches using the warlock's nova bomb, and I guarantee you there are better ones for it than that. The idea is basically just that that mode takes away the need to worry about getting one-slotted since that's pretty much all that's happening 100% of the time in it anyway.

Thats because being a renegade is fashionable! Everybody whose anybody is a renagade these days. You. Me. My grandma, too.

Your grandma knows what's up.

#letsbebadguys

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Meanwhile Ikora and Zavala sit in the tower and do jack shit while I'm out there getting things done.

They do a whole bunch of shit that just isn't put in the game. Because if they were doing the shit we were doing, what would we play? They keep people safe, they feed people, they house people. That shit ain't easy.

Now I got his annoying Warlock Aunor on my ass. Does she even know what I've done? Who the fuck I am? That I traveled through time and killed Atheon? That I took out a Hive God and his son? That I single handedly took out the infection that wiped out the Iron Lords?

Fuck outta here.

You did none of that shit on your own. You and five others did. Just about all of those things are done at the Vanguard's direction.

But sure, fuck over everyone who had your back for your own benefit because.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Are we having sociopolitical discussions in here?

I trust the Drifter. I cant stand idly by and do nothing. Something has to be done, even if its a little dirty, an not the Vanguard code way.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
we've all done terrible things on behalf of the Vanguard. Spies, saboteurs, assassins. Everything I did, I did for the Vanguard. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could.

I sided with the Drifter.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Someone's already pointed it out but to side with the Drifter is also to side against Shaxx. Like how could you even?? He's the best one!

"Arcite, bring me my haggis while I call this match!" "Not that, those are bullets!" - lol

Dec 2, 2017
So far siding with the Vanguard has all the coolness of being a hall monitor, I don't blame the Drifter for treating me like a punk. My alt is going full Dredgen. Do you have to finish the Last Word quest or something to get the allegiance quest to appear? It only showed up for my main.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Defeating the meatball in gambit and getting...nothing? Is that supposed to be a thing?

Since like it has happened to me every time I've seen him except the first.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people seriously roleplaying this last quest? Lol, What a ride these months since Forsaken has been.

Also, Drifter is the way he is because he saw all the bad shit Guardians did to each other in the Warlords era. Guardian stabbing guardian and such.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

those are supposed to be plus 1 i'm pretty sure.

the fix was for whatever else i think. for one scourge is soft capped at 670, supposedly not intended. and probably just the usual random people getting below light gear for powerful milestone, bugs.

most things are supposed to be plus one rewards IMO but this is always a source of confusion (myself included) as to whats "intended"

Status
Not open for further replies.