• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
A kill clip/rampage Orchid is still well worth farming.
Yeah man. Got one with Tactical Mag, Kill Clip and Rampage so it's not a god roll but it's still very good nonetheless. Those rare moments when you have both Kill clip and Rampage in the Crucible it hits for 102! which is pretty disgusting.

I missed this video a couple of days ago when Aztecross first posted it but it looks like Anteus Wards got fixed in the last patch so he re-reviewed them. They are dirty, dirty, dirty now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqQKI0b_2wg

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I think I fucked up by siding with Aunor, she sounds like an extremist purist nut job.
The Iron Lords and Ward Lords sound like a bunch of dicks during the Dark Age

Oct 29, 2017
I think I fucked up by siding with Aunor, she sounds like an extremist purist nut job.
The Iron Lords and Ward Lords sound like a bunch of dicks during the Dark Age

The Warlords were, for sure. The Iron Lords helped protect the weaker from the Warlords, typically (the story of Drifter and Dryden, I think his name was, is an example where an Iron Lord definitely didn't care about human casualties. His story with Felwinter in this regard is neat). The Dark Age is such a cool period of Destiny's lore, I really hope they keep digging into it more.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The Warlords were, for sure. The Iron Lords helped protect the weaker from the Warlords, typically (the story of Drifter and Dryden, I think his name was, is an example where an Iron Lord definitely didn't care about human casualties. His story with Felwinter in this regard is neat). The Dark Age is such a cool period of Destiny's lore, I really hope they keep digging into it more.

I hope so too. This was a good expansion to delve into that history. Black Armory introduced the idea that the Risen were terrible, and here they further reflect that Lightbearers aren't inherently good. The grey area theme in Jokers Wild is really well done.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Aunor is OK, she's just very into her job.

Drifter is a pawn
He is, but he is also more than a pawn which makes him interesting. He's one of only 3 that enjoys an audience with The Nine, for good or for bad. Whatever he's doing, he has the direct attention of what might be the most powerful force around.

If he ever stops trying to run away and decides to plant his feet and fight to stop the coming ELE, he might end up being the most powerful ally we've ever had.

Or, maybe he just gets back on his hobo boat and leaves the rest of us to die. I guess we'll see what he is really made of.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
bout to be 684 after i do this sword frame. went from 662 to 684 this week, 22 points.

if that continues, outside chance i hit 700 this reset, although probably the week after.

The bygones with outlaw/kill clip/flared magwell/corkscrew rifling/handling mw/counterbalance has lived up. Definitely one of the top pulses I've ever used in this meta, so lethal. You can have kill clip up like half the match it seems. It will do about as well as a pulse can in this meta. Has a smidge more range (not a lot), a lot more handling/significantly faster non outlaw reload, and the recoil is straight up and down, compared to inaugural address. Definitely better than any swift ride/last perdition etc. The problem with those is the short scopes on the suros pulses are wonky, and Swift has poor recoil direction stat that cant be fixed as it ends in 3. Also, a kill clip or rampage roll is simply necessary, and it's hard to farm the suros pulses. blast furnace will be better on long maps of course, short mid maps this can challenge any pulse in the game. I would definitely take this into comp on most maps in the game. It's snappiness is a huge asset there.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Woof. Just tried to do the special Thorn Savathun shriek with some randos I met at the farm. At it for probably an hour and a half before I had to bail. Best we did was get one of the big boys at the end. I was doing my best to dodge the purple orbs, but my teammates kept getting rocked by thrills. Womp. Guess I'll try tomorrow.

Our team had success rotating to the opposite end of the arena that the Shireker warps to. Reduces the pressure of being surrounded by enemies and allows the battlefield to sort of change form on each rotation.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I was very much on aunors side but after the drifter essentially beyond proved to be telling sorta the truth I'm not as gung ho anti him.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
But did he REALLY tell the truth, he even says dont trust anybody

Like this image is literally the Drifter

eef.png

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Machine Guns. Yup that's pretty much all you need. Maybe something to insta-kill like a Wardcliff as well.

Oct 29, 2017

Sorta! He wasn't actively working against the vanguard. He's just a bum that has no loyalty to anyone.

Honestly, he's a bit of a prophet (it seems). His values are questionable, but he's seen a dark future coming (literally seen, in a vision, if the lore they are unfolding with the invitations holds up). And while there are many folks he doesn't agree with, or even like, he's still trying to do something about it. And anyone around him who listens and feels the same about it can join him, so he's not all that bad really. Just mega edgy lol

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Honestly, he's a bit of a prophet (it seems). His values are questionable, but he's seen a dark future coming (literally seen, in a vision, if the lore they are unfolding with the invitations holds up). And while there are many folks he doesn't agree with, or even like, he's still trying to do something about it. And anyone around him who listens and feels the same about it can join him, so he's not all that bad really. Just mega edgy lol
What I really wanna know is what weapon (I'm assuming) he's building with all these motes.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
What are the best weapons for invaders?
Izanagi's Burden
Hammerhead

Burden > Hammerhead unless you have trouble hitting things with sniper rifles. Enemies will always peak with their machine guns making easy prey.

I recommend running both weapons, along with 2x sniper scavenger perks. By the time you have an invade, you should have enough for at least three 4x Burden shots. That should be 2 free Guardians unless they're hiding. In which case, you'll want to push with the MG.

True invader loadout:

Izanagi's Burden
Your Favorite Shotgun
Hammerhead / 21%

+ shotgun and SR scavenger on gear.

That loadout is how you know someone isn't fucking around because this loadout is designed to beat you in any scenario.

What I really wanna know is what weapon (I'm assuming) he's building with all these motes.
If the cut-scene is any indication...well really, I don't know what he's doing with them. Given his position that he's largely given up and is prepping to pack up and leave before the rest of humanity gets face-rolled, I'm not sure what he's going to use that stuff for.

Great post but I'm not convinced he is trying to do something about it. All I see him doing is trying to run and saving us a seat on his Greyhound bus out of the solar system.

Him giving up on hope really discouraged me. But I also understand he's seen and been through some shit. Dying of hunger only to be reanimated and still hungry? That's some cruel shit.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Izanagi's Burden
Hammerhead

Burden > Hammerhead unless you have trouble hitting things with sniper rifles. Enemies will always peak with their machine guns making easy prey.

I recommend running both weapons, along with 2x sniper scavenger perks. By the time you have an invade, you should have enough for at least three 4x Burden shots. That should be 2 free Guardians unless they're hiding. In which case, you'll want to push with the MG.

True invader loadout:

Izanagi's Burden
Your Favorite Shotgun
Hammerhead / 21%

+ shotgun and SR scavenger on gear.

That loadout is how you know someone isn't fucking around because this loadout is designed to beat you in any scenario.

If the cut-scene is any indication...well really, I don't know what he's doing with them. Given his position that he's largely given up and is prepping to pack up and leave before the rest of humanity gets face-rolled, I'm not sure what he's going to use that stuff for.
Thx.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Jotunn isn't a good invasion tool unless people don't know what they're doing. It's slow charge and flash is very obvious and it's the easiest weapon damage to avoid in the game. In the time it takes to charge, someone can burn you down easily with a LMG or SR during the charge, then move laterally to avoid the tracking slug.

Jotunn should be something in every Sentry's loadout, but not so much for invaders. You can make do with it and get a kill occasionally, but it's just not a good choice.

This week, my friend.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'd honestly love it if he made a planet sized primeval that bust out his ship and attacked the pyramid dudes.

Go jrpg level crazy.
Full Gurren Lagann?

That would be something considering the little one he made in the cut-scene was about to snatch his heart out of his chest. If he has no way to control his little summons, surely he's not planning on making more or even larger ones. Unlike the Skorn, these Taken really are mindless zombies. Unless he's going the route of The King and his son. But he's also seen enough in his life to know how that would likely end too.

I am really interested on how his story ends.

Oct 29, 2017
Great post but I'm not convinced he is trying to do something about it. All I see him doing is trying to run and saving us a seat on his Greyhound bus out of the solar system.

Him giving up on hope really discouraged me. But I also understand he's seen and been through some shit. Dying of hunger only to be reanimated and still hungry? That's some cruel shit.

Yeah, I mean I don't think he's trying to do anything about it on a grand scale, as in trying to save humanity. He's definitely given up on the survival of humanity. But I feel as though his doomsday-prep is doing something about it in a smaller sense, in that he's building up a new community of folks that are going to fight dirty and push back against the darkness in the name of their own survival. He's trying to push people to be more like him, in a sense.

Either way, I LOVE that we are even having these lore discussions these days haha. I can't wait to see this weekend's Invitation of the IX.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Full Gurren Lagann?

That would be something considering the little one he made in the cut-scene was about to snatch his heart out of his chest. If he has no way to control his little summons, surely he's not planning on making more or even larger ones. Unlike the Skorn, these Taken really are mindless zombies. Unless he's going the route of The King and his son. But he's also seen enough in his life to know how that would likely end too.

I am really interested on how his story ends.
Same, they've done very well with this thus far.

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder who the total 3 are, who have the audience with the IX (or at least the attention of).

Drifter
Queen Mara

Maybe the third is the girl from the Dust lorebook? Have they explicitly said?

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say to you all that I have never seen a more helpful, kind and knowledgeable base then we have here in this very thread. Always willing to take the time to answer questions with heart and thought. I just don't see that anywhere else like this.

Much love.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
What's it like for new players jumping in right now? Not sure how involved I would get with raids because I don't have the hours to spend but I do like the laid back vibe of the single player. Is it pretty low maintenance like that?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just want to say to you all that I have never seen a more helpful, kind and knowledgeable base then we have here in this very thread. Always willing to take the time to answer questions with heart and thought. I just don't see that anywhere else like this.

Much love.
That's very nice of you, come a long way from the days of shitting on the Destiny on gaming side.

If you're on PS4 we should team up and grind some strikes some time

Oct 29, 2017
What's it like for new players jumping in right now? Not sure how involved I would get with raids because I don't have the hours to spend but I do like the laid back vibe of the single player. Is it pretty low maintenance like that?

It's never been a better time to jump in, honestly. Especially looking for a more laid back period of time, since you can kind of get out of the game what you put into it. Tons of content, and you can tackle all of it at your own pace.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's never been a better time to jump in, honestly. Especially looking for a more laid back period of time, since you can kind of get out of the game what you put into it. Tons of content, and you can tackle all of it at your own pace.

Thanks. As annoying as Destiny 1 I could be I had a really good time at the old place and got a lot out of it. What's the recommended package to buy, is the Forsaken one with all the DLC? If Destiny 2 has more story for the single-player stuff that is actually good I'll be happy. Giant Bomb were pretty effusive about one of the latest DLCs.

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks. As annoying as Destiny 1 I could be I had a really good time at the old place and got a lot out of it. What's the recommended package to buy, is the Forsaken one with all the DLC? If Destiny 2 has more story for the single-player stuff that is actually good I'll be happy. Giant Bomb were pretty effusive about one of the latest DLCs.

Yeah I would go with the Destiny 2 + Forsaken package, and if you want more from that then the season pass content is also available (we are currently on the 2nd release of a total of 3 for this season pass). But D2 + Curse of Osiris + Warmind + Forsaken is a TON of content right there, and can probably be found for a pretty good price these days!

Just keep in mind that Curse of Osiris is a bit of a rough expansion lol... Warmind is pretty good, had some great weapons added and Escalation Protocol still holds up. Forsaken is EXCELLENT.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Yeah I would go with the Destiny 2 + Forsaken package, and if you want more from that then the season pass content is also available (we are currently on the 2nd release of a total of 3 for this season pass). But D2 + Curse of Osiris + Warmind + Forsaken is a TON of content right there, and can probably be found for a pretty good price these days!

Just keep in mind that Curse of Osiris is a bit of a rough expansion lol... Warmind is pretty good, had some great weapons added and Escalation Protocol still holds up. Forsaken is EXCELLENT.

Cool, thanks for all this. Seems pretty cheap on Amazon right now but the different versions of the game are confusing. Do we have a pretty active player base on here even though you guys probably have everything there is to have right now? FWIW I enjoyed the Destiny 1 multiplayer as it reminded me of casual Halo: Reach tbh which I don't find offensive.

Oct 29, 2017
Cool, thanks for all this. Seems pretty cheap on Amazon right now but the different versions of the game are confusing. Do we have a pretty active player base on here even though you guys probably have everything there is to have right now? FWIW I enjoyed the Destiny 1 multiplayer as it reminded me of casual Halo: Reach tbh which I don't find offensive.

Oh yeah, definitely. You won't have any trouble finding players playing the game online, or here!

I would just look for the D2 + Forsaken bundle, and then make sure it also includes Curse of Osiris and Warmind (Which I believe it should, at this point).

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to be snarky, but where do you get this impression from? I have only played with randoms so far and it's always a breeze.

As someone that does a lot of LFG and matchmaking, it has always surprised me how unaware the average player is. There are a lot of strong players, but just look at how a simple ball throwing mechanic disrupts the flow of a strike. Or how in gambit people refused to kill envoys.

Bungie needs to better educate their playerbase and until that happens we can never have matchmaking into more complex activities.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
  • Decreased requirements to complete the weekly Collector bounty for Gambit Prime
Finally. Was nuts I could knock out the other helms in like 2 or 3 matches

Director Challenge Rewards
  • Players should now have higher-Powered rewards, through 690 Power, from daily and weekly Director challenges
      • Once reaching 690 Power, these rewards will continue to give minor Power increases (usually +1 Power compared to a player's average
Oh and lol@

• Players may now exchange stacks of five Gambit Synths at the Drifter for 100 Glimmer

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
You know, after hitting 700 on all toons last week, it occurs to me that all I have to play for for most of the rest of the season is good rolls on the hanful of new weapons. And story progression.

:-/

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Oh yeah, definitely. You won't have any trouble finding players playing the game online, or here!

I would just look for the D2 + Forsaken bundle, and then make sure it also includes Curse of Osiris and Warmind (Which I believe it should, at this point).

Nice, nice. I'll make sure that bundle's out there (I think it's the first result on Amazon).

What's the benefit of bringing my D1 character in?

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Anybody else finding the weapon drop rates in SotJ to be pretty low?

I've played enough for a full set of Tier 3 Reaper armor, and had two guns drop (one from Reckoning, one from Gambit Prime).

Status
Not open for further replies.