• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SAOeGuv.jpg
All Right, All Right, All Right.

New? The Past OT's are loaded with info and discussion.
OT1
OT2

The curse of the dreaming city persists, Mara Sov has abandoned us for reasons unknown and The Black Armory has been located and looted.

The Season of the Drifter is upon us. Bringing with it new modes, new maps and a slew of changes and patches.

Along side Season of the Drifter is the Premium content Jokers Wild included in the Annual Pass. We're going to dive in the mysterious past of the Rogue Lightbearer known as The Drifter, Find out what is being dragged behind his ship the derelict and finally peak behind the curtain and being to understand the enigmatic force known as The Nine.

Firstly lets look at the vidoc and roadmap and then a little info on Gambit Prime and The Reckoning

EL_Season6_Timeline_16x9_EN_1.jpg

HnJe0T0.jpg

Gambit Prime is a revision to the classic Gambit we are all familiar with. 1 Round, Emphasis on players roles and a more competitive experience. Gambit Prime is end game PvPvE content tuned for high level players and gameplay. Winning gambit prime will reward the players Armor synths which are then taken into The Reckoning to be forged into Gambit Prime role specific gear with Gambit related perks. Teamwork is King

Once you start to progress on your gambit prime journey roles will begin take a bigger role.
cbcD2FU.jpg

keVSPUs.jpg

The Reckoning is the new End Game PvE activity in Jokers Wild. Step through the drifters portal to the mysterious celestial dimension of Unknown space, Domain of The Nine. Once you have completed your game of Gambit Prime. Deposit your newly acquired mote in the Bank before The Reckoning and be rewarded upon completion with role specific gambit gear. The Reckoning is matchmade, 4 players and intended to challenge experienced players. At launch only Tier 1 of The Reckoning is unlocked but as the month continues further Tiers unlock. The Reckoning is also loaded with Lore unlocked by completing bounties from Xur
Rc2Idxj.jpg

Weapons and Armor
Like Always Jokers Wild brings with it new armor and weapons to outfit you guardian on their quest to 700 Power
TukIhOq.jpg

In addition to the regular additions to the loot pool Season of the Drifter brings in 3 new pinnacle weapons to grind out and prove your dedication.

xcYG3lv.jpg

Prime Bounties
In contrast to the poor launch of Black Armory that left a large portion of the population behind having to grind up their power level bungie are giving players an opportunity to easily and quickly boost their level to 640+ with POWER SURGE BOUNTIES these bounties will be available to all players and reward Rare tier 640+ gear to get them Jokers Wild ready in around 2 hours of gameplay.

Thorn
It's back, prepare for salt
footer.jpg

The Destiny Community is often amazing

Group Finding

D2 PC LFG Discord (PC) https://discordapp.com/invite/d2pclfg
DestinyLFG (All Platforms) http://www.destinylfg.net/
The 100 (All Platforms) https://www.the100.io/
Bungie Fireteam Search https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/FireteamSearch

Community Sites and Tools

Destiny Item Manager https://destinyitemmanager.com/
Destiny Sets (Gear and Weapon Checklist) https://destinysets.com/
Destiny Tracker (PvP/PvE Stats) https://destinytracker.com/
light.gg (Full database scraper/Stat Tracker) https://light.gg/
Ishtar Collective (Lore Collectors) https://www.ishtar-collective.net/
/r/DestinyTheGame https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
Destiny Roundup https://destinyroundup.com/
Destiny Daily https://www.destiny-daily.com/
Gaurdian.gg https://guardian.gg/2

DestinyEra also has a active private discord with LFG channels for all platforms and a lovely community. We are welcoming and easy going. If you want to join you can DM Ruthless requesting an invite. THIS IS NOT A CLAN, THIS IS A COMMUNITY DISCORD

The DestinyEra Discord is also home to a channel dedicated to Sherpas willing to guide new players on their first foray into the Raids and Raid Lairs of Destiny 2 and Forsaken

If you're looking for a clan our the Destiny 2 Clan Recruitment Thread should have you covered.

For now that's everything covered. Will Update with important info

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to hop back into Destiny soon. I'm so far behind at the moment.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prime Time Prime Rind
Can't wait to show my friends.... and enemies my Dredgen Prime title

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the new season. I'll finally be able to do the previous Annual Pass content thanks to the surge bounties, lol.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Everything in this sounds real good. Ready to bring back Thorn into my life and say fuck the Vanguard to side with Drifter the whole way.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Gave up Destiny 2 after Forsaken and maxed out at 600 with all the raid gear, What's new in the form of story expansions? I get the Gambit etc but is there actual new missions or places to go that involves story? As i'd like to jump back to Destiny 2 if it's got Forsaken style content.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT! Not sure if I'll bother to come back though. The annual pass content is just not for me :(

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 589. There's no reason for me to grind out powerful engrams with the boost coming in a couple days, right?.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So many games competing for my Destiny time, and Destiny becoming more compelling isn't really helping my backlog/games I want to play issues.

Life is hard.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Gave up Destiny 2 after Forsaken and maxed out at 600 with all the raid gear, What's new in the form of story expansions? I get the Gambit etc but is there actual new missions or places to go that involves story? As i'd like to jump back to Destiny 2 if it's got Forsaken style content.

this seems to have some story style missions involved in it but it's kind of unknown if it is gated. I think there are some kind of story/lore missions/bounties we are going to get from Xur on a weekly basis too. Black Armory has some light story to it too but it's kind of a hassle to go through the grind of unlocking the forges.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I missed the sale on PSN on Forsaken, i'm actually ready to dive in again after vanilla Destiny 2

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I like how Bungie acknowledges that Black Armory was a bit of a rough start to the annual pass.

Hopefully more people use the powersurge bounties to try out this stuff, seems much more compelling than Black Armory.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gaming side,

Wanna see what you'll be fightin' today?

Trolls! Bring a sword!

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
this seems to have some story style missions involved in it but it's kind of unknown if it is gated. I think there are some kind of story/lore missions/bounties we are going to get from Xur on a weekly basis too. Black Armory has some light story to it too but it's kind of a hassle to go through the grind of unlocking the forges.

I see the reckoning seems to be the content for me and friends, But the whole tier thing seems confusing. Might just wait another few months and let it all play out then catch up. Division 2 soon aswell, But saying that this could fill the gap until that comes out. I did enjoy Destiny 2 and since Anthems crap i might just jump back in. Cheers for the info chap.

CharMomone

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who only has the base game that was given out for free, is this worth the 86+gb download without the season passes or dlcs? Warframe was starting to get boring and I haven't played a Bungie game since H:Reach.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only has the base game that was given out for free, is this worth the 86+gb download without the season passes or dlcs? Warframe was starting to get boring and I haven't played a Bungie game since H:Reach.
The gunplay (which is probably the best of any FPS atm) and looting aspects may hook you, but you won't really get into the meat of the game just going through the campaign. Funnily enough that download is all content in the game thus far so if you decide you like it you'll just be buying a key.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

Forsaken is kind of a game changer for the game, I'd highly recommend grabbing it on sale if you like the base game.

Nov 14, 2017
It's worth the download and a bit of your time to see if you enjoy the basic gameplay. If you like it, then Forsaken is totally worth the money. If not, well, at least you found out!

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Was looking at buying this digitally on Xbox One, I had always played previously on PS4 but all my friends are now stuck on Apex and have no interest in Destiny. Of course I am a bit late as it seems the sale is over now on all the digital version, fml.

Green

Oct 27, 2017

Reach was a test bed for Destiny in a lot of ways. If you liked that game, you will most surely enjoy Destiny.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game right now and there is still so much I haven't done. It's good shit!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I finished Forsaken's campaign last night. Kind of short if I'm honest and expected it to be a lot longer. I think there's still two more "story missions" from Petra to do in the Dreaming city though. Honestly? I thought it was fantastic. It's definitley the best area Destiny has ever been story wise for me. Super interesting lore, gorgeous areas.... the Dreaming city is beyond beautiful. I guess my only disappointment so far is that there's no new social space. I pretty much expected that the dreaming city would have a social hub given... well how city like it is. Not even a reef social spot? Meh. So I'm power 507... I guess I finally reached the endgame now. What should I be doing? The blind well has all enemies listed as immune currently and I cant progress it. Nightfall is 550 power so that's a no go. What is the best thing to do going from here? Also .... I really want another exotic seed. I took the enchanced stormcaller but I realized I like Dawnblade's enhancement much better. Healing is more my style and well of radiance looks awesome.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished Forsaken's campaign last night. Kind of short if I'm honest and expected it to be a lot longer. I think there's still two more "story missions" from Petra to do in the Dreaming city though. Honestly? I thought it was fantastic. It's definitley the best area Destiny has ever been story wise for me. Super interesting lore, gorgeous areas.... the Dreaming city is beyond beautiful. I guess my only disappointment so far is that there's no new social space. I pretty much expected that the dreaming city would have a social hub given... well how city like it is. Not even a reef social spot? Meh. So I'm power 507... I guess I finally reached the endgame now. What should I be doing? The blind well has all enemies listed as immune currently and I cant progress it. Nightfall is 550 power so that's a no go. What is the best thing to do going from here? Also .... I really want another exotic seed. I took the enchanced stormcaller but I realized I like Dawnblade's enhancement much better. Healing is more my style and well of radiance looks awesome.

Do you the annual pass as well? cause the answer will change depending on what you say lol. Generally you should be doing your milestones to level up. The Blind Well is variable power and a majority of people always put the highest now. If you are lucky you can get carried and get a 2nd seed. The 3rd seed is either from the raid's first encounter or doing Blind Well bounty during the Taken/Highest Curse week of the Dreaming City.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Starting on Tuesday with the new season/"dlc", you'll be able to pick up Prime Bounties from Drifter that will give you 640 gear to catch up on the current content. Although this may only be for Annual Pass owners? I dunno. Just do milestones, nothing too complicated here. Once you get high enough LL, try raids.
Seed of Light (or whatever they're called) drop from Queen visits or Blind Well T2/3/4 completions or first encounter in Last Wish. Well is great for PvE and pretty much a requirement for Warlocks in Raids, Chaos Reach is nice too, go-to Super in Gambit (although Slovva Bomb is slowly taking that spot now).

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
at this point you're slightly heading into end game territory. Now that you're 500 the game is gonna start raining prime engrams on your until 600 however it'll still be a slow climb. Now you'll be looking to get prime engrams doing Petra bounties, dreaming city missions, blind well completions, ascendant challenges, shattered throne dungeon, and nightfalls and raids, gambit, some adventures, strikes, exotic quests, pvp, and gambit bounties will yield prime engrams for you. Basically, the world is your oyster to grind power level and and loot now. There's much more content you probably haven't seen, but you don't actually have a focus now, you can do what you want granted you're the level for it. And then after that is the annual pass content.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Questions from someone thinking of potentially buying the game:

• I have never played Destiny 1 or Destiny 2

• Is the entire story campaign fully soloable?
  • Do all the DLC add extra soloable story campaign stuff? Or are they mostly end-game farming stuff?
  • PvP is completely optional and in a separate "area"? I have zero interest in PvP
How many hours would you roughly estimate all the story campaign to take? (not rushing through, as someone who knows nothing about the game and would have to learn/explore as I go along)

Status
Not open for further replies.