• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So 3 straight wipes on the knights of T2 Reckoning.

What is the secret that the groups I'm in clearly don't understand?

Oct 29, 2017
Are people seriously roleplaying this last quest? Lol, What a ride these months since Forsaken has been.

Also, Drifter is the way he is because he saw all the bad shit Guardians did to each other in the Warlords era. Guardian stabbing guardian and such.

Haha it's all in good fun! It's cool to be excited about the story again.

Yeah, the Drifter's lore is reeeeally interesting. But I'm not sure how much of it has been officially released, or is just what has leaked from datamining. Either way, it's really intriguing.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha it's all in good fun! It's cool to be excited about the story again.

Yeah, the Drifter's lore is reeeeally interesting. But I'm not sure how much of it has been officially released, or is just what has leaked from datamining. Either way, it's really intriguing.

Make no mistake I am loving everything so far. My only fear is that Bungie will latch on the Drifter because he was a "Hit" and forget all the other characters. I mean, what the fuck is Amanda doing these days? She aint selling cool ships, that for sure.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do not trust bandana boy.

Do you know who else that wore a bandana we thought was a hero?

Hulk Hogan,

He turned out to be a racist scumbag.

Choose your alliances wisely.

Oct 29, 2017
Make no mistake I am loving everything so far. My only fear is that Bungie will latch on the Drifter because he was a "Hit" and forget all the other characters. I mean, what the fuck is Amanda doing these days? She aint selling cool ships, that for sure.

My guess is they'll lean more into characters involved with his story, or who would work well in his story.

Shin Malphur
Aunor
Orin the Emissary
the IX

And of course add new lore with new characters. It would be cool to get some more lore on him and
Felwinter, and the following encounter with the former Iron Lord Dryden. I hope they go further into that one.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Drifter is cool. Good line I heard recently, "scorn blood is flammable. So uh, dont get any in your mouth".

The pause and "uh" was timed perfectly.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So 3 straight wipes on the knights of T2 Reckoning.

What is the secret that the groups I'm in clearly don't understand?

In the boss room, you will need to kill two ascendant knights but first you must kill the Hermit. Killing the Hermit will reclaim the players' light and deal bonus damage to the two knights like with the Aetheon fight. You stand in the light pool and deal damage, but you cant stay too long because they will come and kill you, so you have to leave an move on to the next hermit. The Hermit will be found in one of the four corners of the room, so locate him quickly. He'll have a blue icon over his head, making him easier to find.

Hunter Tethers, and Well of Radiance are excellent for this.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Drifter is the Donald Trump of Destiny 2... just sayin'.

Many people are saying that Gambit Prime is tremendous. Ok? I know a lot of people pledge to Zavala-or as I call him, "Little Boy Blue" - but you people are salt of the Earth Guardians. We need to rebuild this Tower. The Cabal aren't sending us their finest. They're sending us their Psions. And their War Beasts. But we know better. We're going to build a big beautiful Tower. You'll see. And we're going to make the Traveler pay for it.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Donald Trump knows slight of hand magic?

Huh...who knew.
tumblr_pf3wjkIwBd1vqqtito1_500.gif

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on build composition, and modifiers for that day. But the encounter is pretty straight forward.
Yeah I know the mechanics, just impossible to DPS the knights in time. Ended up figuring it out though:

In the boss room, you will need to kill two ascendant knights but first you must kill the Hermit. Killing the Hermit will reclaim the players' light and deal bonus damage to the two knights like with the Aetheon fight. You stand in the light pool and deal damage, but you cant stay too long because they will come and kill you, so you have to leave an move on to the next hermit. The Hermit will be found in one of the four corners of the room, so locate him quickly. He'll have a blue icon over his head, making him easier to find.

Hunter Tethers, and Well of Radiance are excellent for this.
Didn't have any hunters in any of my runs.

Hunter tethers are goddamn required, I think. Otherwise I don't see how you can damage the knights enough before they close in too fast and kill you.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
What if all this turns into Vanguards being tasked with hunting down and killing all the Drifter backers and starts a war.........................Battle Royal style, or light vs dark............or some kind of MP component.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Podcast that recounts the lore in chronological order? I know that MyNameIsByf has his Youtube series, but I'm looking for something that I can listen to on my train ride home while I play Marvel Puzzle Quest.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
(I love seeing this thread full of people badmouthing both sides of the Allegiance questline <3)

Just a gentle reminder to all the Vanguard NARCS in here that Ikora, Zavala, and Shaxx are all deeply ambivalent to letting Drifter crash in the Tower. I know the choice says "Vanguard," but really you're betraying your cool space uncle for some uptight rando you've literally never met before.

Oh and Aunor is a wizard fascist who's order genuinely considered taking control of the City & Tower because Uncle Drifter is playing with space magic they don't like:

The Order is in a state of paralysis. Half of us want to restrain the Ghosts of the Vanguard and the Drifter all at once, and have them face Praxic justice.

That's, uh, pretty cool.

Fascism, amirite?

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
So while I was making my alliegance pick (went with Drifter) plus starting the thorn last night, I noticed quite a bit more stuff to read when starting quests. Does it feel like there's a lot more actual text and background behind quests with this season? It does feel a little bit more close to an RPG.

It kinda feels like this Season is the first of quite a couple major things like Armor Set Perks and choices in the game

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They hide behind walls instead of even TRYING to take back humanity's land! If we weren't around they'd have gotten stomped during the Red War. A Vanguard that does not move is no Vanguard, it's a last line of defense against enemies it can't be bothered to cull.

Lol wut?

The Vanguard has protected humanity or what little is left for hundreds of years, the collapse was the decimation of all outposts and vestige fo the golden age, ships and transport are valuable and rare commodities - "trying to take back humanity's land" like its a Saturday afternoon job.

I guess we'll leave the millions in the city unprotected while try to take back Florida?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a Podcast that recounts the lore in chronological order? I know that MyNameIsByf has his Youtube series, but I'm looking for something that I can listen to on my train ride home while I play Marvel Puzzle Quest.

If you subscribe to youtube plus i think you can do just audio versions. Or you could go to https://ripsave.com and download the audio only versions of the byf videos.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
First time using the Xbox built-in LFG tool and man, it's a godsend. I wish I had had something like that on PlayStation. Since switching platforms, I basically lost my entire friends list and have had to start a D2 account from scratch.

It'll take a long ass time to get Redrix, Luna's, Ikelos Shotty, and a bunch of Catalysts again. But man oh man this LFG thing is sweet.

I wanted help with the Malfaesence quest mission. Posted a message, got two folks within 5 minutes and cleared that. Then I wanted to do the final Thorn Strike - there were a million posts for that, so I joined one and got it done quick.

Sure, there's a lot of trolls (COME GET CHEAP LUNA RECOVERY) and elitists (Fresh SotP must have 50 million clears) but overall my experience with it today was super positive.

Now all I have to do is apparently grind the hell out of Gambit for Malfaesence. By the looks of it I'll have the Dredgen Seal by the time I'm done with the quest lol

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So I went into the whisper anomaly...and it was empty. After wandering about and wondering if maybe I was missing something I abandoned. Then I couldn't find the anomaly again.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Nov 14, 2017
You need to beat the reckoning which will then trigger the quest where you make a choice. Good luck getting that done with randoms....
T1 Reckoning? It's so easy. You can solo it. Just shoot things and don't die. If you're a hunter you can solo it easy with Orpheus or Shards, Warlock you can use Phoenix or Skull, Titan I'd use Skullfort with top or middle tree; maybe Ursa Sentinal would be good too.
If nightfalls had match making I'd be all over them. I get it its not realistic to hope people would play the game for fun and just not mid maxing there time that why I said I wish there was a way to make it rewarding to actually play the strike then by passing it. Had a feeling that prime engrams might have done it but guess that doesn't work. Not to even mention all the other loot and mats that just get bypassed. Even the shit purples have a chance to give your cores.

I wouldn't say I prefer a strong hold over a strike, they are both baslicly the same thing. Destiny has way more variety but I've also played them 100s time more then they strong holds in anthem.

From what I understand it was Activision pushing for yearly updates, now that they are on there own who knows really. I would absolutely love a big update, I'll just pass on the season pass next time. End up barely engaging with it and keep doing the stuff I always like anyways.
If you want a NF team, just go on Bungie.net. I understand why they don't have NF MM right now; it's because of the challenge card. It'd be kind of weird to load into an activity and have no idea what modifiers were in effect and then have your loadout locked. As it is, you can either post or join a fireteams on b.net and it'll fill up in less than a minute. You can issue game invites via the website, and nobody every uses their mic for nightfall so you don't have to deal with the either. What most people seem to do is advertise their challenge card and which NF they are running, e.g. 'Tree of Prob - Solar Heavyweight Speedrun' or 100k for score run, etc. Sure, it's not as easy as MM, but it seriously only takes a couple of mins to get a NF group going.

As for speedrunning strikes, well, prime's have a better chancer to drop from higher tier enemies. Strike bosses are the best chance at a prime in a strike, so that's actually even more incentive to speed run the strike. As for mats, well, the best way to get mats from strikes is to speed run, cash in your tokens, and clear out your postmaster. Also generally strikes are a bad method for farming mats; you get more stuff from just doing your weekly raids / blind well / forges / reckoning. In fact, speedrunning is the most fun thing about strikes. Finding a more optimal route or a new skip feels fun to me, and the first thing I look for on the PGCR is my time.

The Crucible requirements for exotic quests are so bad. I hate, hate, hate being forced into Crucible to complete these exotic quests simply because some designer decided it would be fun for people to grind in PvP. Crucible is an unbalanced awful fucking mess and people shouldn't be subjected or forced into that shitshow if they don't want to be. I hate this game design, and it is actively burning me out on what is an otherwise enjoyable experience.
I think the mixing of PVE and PVE is a core part of Destiny, and the game is stronger for it. I've said it before, but when I first started playing Destiny I was trash at PVP and didn't enjoy it that much. I've been good at shooters before - I used to play Quake when I was young, and I was rather good at it - but I hadn't had the time or desire to really focus on a shooter and even get OK at it. It was the Thorn quest in D1 that gave me a PVP goal, and I was terrible. I had that quest in my inventory for weeks before I decided to sit down and actually grind it out. I ended up clearing it in one marathon session of Iron Banner. I think it took me nearly 8hrs.

Now in D2 I basically have a lifetime K/D of just above 1. I'm strictly average at PVP in this game, although I'm probably above the 50th percentile, because most players in most games can't maintain a 1k/d. I actually managed to complete the PVP portion of Last Word on a second character without even trying or noticing.

So the point I'm making, is the game isn't forcing you to do anything. It's giving you a challenge. The question is do you want to rise to that challenge? If you don't think it's worth your time, that's a fair choice, but I think Destiny is at its best when it's asking you try and improve yourself.
So I went into the whisper anomaly...and it was empty. After wandering about and wondering if maybe I was missing something I abandoned. Then I couldn't find the anomaly again.

I'll try again tomorrow.
You'll need another person with you. It's not likely you can complete that mission solo on your first try. Also, you missed the secret exit that takes you into the mission proper.

If you're on PS4 I don't mind helping. Join the Discord.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
62% thorn thingie get.

Damn this is a slog.

I mean I'd normally love it just not comfortable with hand cannons.

I have to say i already see the potential of hand cannons though.

And the shotgun nerf did little as well, dust rock still stronk. I'm still glad though. Requires 2 taps a lot now which should sap them of their ammo.

to really change things you'll have to significantly buff smg/sidearm ttk.

Also 670 get, tier 2 reckoning ready.

Also I noticed I'm powning most of the thorns I come across with my shitty ikelos. Good sign. Lol at all the people grinding for this (me).

alsoooooo, i noticed with the 9 shot mag on ikelos, hunter dodge reload is really nice to often bypass that 7 minute reload time in a pinch. It's good to see hand cannons making hunters the only possible crucible choice.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So the Thorn Quest is found in a fire pit in the middle of nowhere on the EDZ? Is there any other quests like Thorn that don't start from an NPC?

Edit: Just learned of Mystery Box. Hope I'm not missing out on anything else.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Light level at 666 =( Nightfall 100k gave me 2x Outrageous Fortune grenade launchers at 667 and 668 when I already have a Stryker's Surehand sword at 670. Thanks for the shards?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I just noticed I've got a 660 cape vs overall light of 671.

A single prime engram cape up at like 677 (what my last prime was) would raise me 2+ power by itself.

I think I could like this HC+shotty life. All this time I thought I was just bad at CQC, maybe not. I like this peek n' pop, call me old Ape-y

Thing is I'll go back to pulses and scouts and HC's will feel like a electric shock again in no time :(

Thorn 100% get. 1700+ valor get. Just need to clear out nightfall+100k high score, maybe pop off some gambit prime before reckoning 2. Almost all the directory cleared of milestones too. Just the 3 heroic missions one, which I barely bother with cus it takes so long for a measly +1.

I'm also at 38/40 strikes for Loaded Question too!

I know I'll get the Shaxx pulse and be disappointed with it, LOL. These things are preordained. And Thorn, 100% I'll never touch it.

Time to LFG this thorn strike and see what it's about.

Last edited:

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Okay, seriously, how do I get the Allegiance quest?

I know I'm supposed to talk to Drifter and get this choice in the screenshot below, only I don't - it's not showing up for me when I talk to Drifter. What gives?

Destiny_2_Screenshot_2019.03.13___11.39.29.00.0.png

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

I know I'm supposed to talk to Drifter and get this choice in the screenshot below, only I don't - it's not showing up for me when I talk to Drifter. What gives?

Have you finished all the steps from last week?

I want to know why the Jotun is so unreliable. Sometimes it's 100% accurate with its tracking-and other times it's completely worthless.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Um, no?
What steps?
I didn't play much last week, just some gambit prime and public events - didn't see any steps, still don't.
So if I didn't do these steps, I miss out on Allegiance? Seems weird.
You don't miss out, you just have to do them. The next step after playing GP is probably doing some reckoning

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base

Did you complete a gambit prime bounty? It then adds a reckoning bounty. Do that and it will tell you to talk to uncle con man and then you can make your choice.

Praxic be with you

Status
Not open for further replies.