• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Ugh, fuck it.
I wasn't aware it involved having to first clear multiple bounties - NONE of the walkthroughs mention this.
I just enjoy playing the game here and there, I'm not good enough to clear most bounties in a timely manner.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Ugh, fuck it.
I wasn't aware it involved having to first clear multiple bounties - NONE of the walkthroughs mention this.
I just enjoy playing the game here and there, I'm not good enough to clear most bounties in a timely manner.
Prime bounties? Other than the collector weekly which seems to be bugged, the rest are pretty easy.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Thorn get! Tough strike. I mean not really but ya know a little

Plus it dropped at 676, prime engram from strike dropped 676...oh yeah.

Liking this drop mag/under pressure/rampage/range masterwork nightshade that just dropped, a lot. feels like it rattles the teeth out of your opponents. Maybe help win some of those hand cannon battles. Feels nimble.

Speaking of drop mag, maybe I just missed it but isn't this an underrated perk? It's like free outlaw, no kill required. I have a trust with drop mag and outlaw, I noticed it reloads the same speed with or without outlaw procced. Yep, drop mag is as fast as outlaw. I noticed my Black Scorpion reloads practically faster than you can see the animation with drop mag too. I thought due to the perk description, that it was reducing mag size to get that effect. But I realized it's not. All guns I've noticed have same standard mag size with or without drop mag. People talk about outlaw like it's the greatest thing, and drop mag slaps it under a table and nobody talks about it.

I feel at the top of my crucible game right now. Rattling off 2.0 efficiency, holding my own in comp with a team. Doing well with almost any loadout or subclass. I feel little doubt if I had a consistent comp team I could get fabled.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, fuck it.

It's really not as big a deal as you think. It's like two bounties from the drifter.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've spent more time trying to get this ascendant challenge ghost than I do playing most games.
Yup. Still no ghost here, and I finished all my Shattered Thrones today too. No ship, either.

I'd have been a Cursebreaker many weeks ago if it weren't for these two. Guess I'm just straight fucked until they buff the drop rates. These assholes just do not drop.

Maybe it's karma for the extreme luck I had with the Last Wish badge - had everything from the raid in just 9 clears.

Nov 14, 2017
Yup. Still no ghost here, and I finished all my Shattered Thrones today too. No ship, either.

I'd have been a Cursebreaker many weeks ago if it weren't for these two. Guess I'm just straight fucked until they buff the drop rates. These assholes just do not drop.

Maybe it's karma for the extreme luck I had with the Last Wish badge - had everything from the raid in just 9 clears.
It do be like that tho. I had to clear LW 64 times to get all the drops for Rivensbane, whereas I had pretty much everything from Scourge in about 6 clears. The drop table for Scourge is a lot smaller, still. LW is the longest I've had to wait to get everything from a raid in Destiny, except for the sparrows they added to KF and WotM which I never got around to grinding for.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Having to level up my stuff once again and I'm back to being glimmer-broke =( feelsbad

What's worse though is me having to chip away at my stock of MW cores =(((

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Having to level up my stuff once again and I'm back to being glimmer-broke =( feelsbad

What's worse though is me having to chip away at my stock of MW cores =(((

I have a feeling you're talking about a different meta, but for me I was glimmer broke after the 50k bribe thingy to spider. Couldn't even infuse when I wanted. The trick was when I went to spider I noticed he's selling glimmer for etheric spirals today. Like 2500 for 5 spiral. I had like 570 spiral. Got my glimmer back to 86k (I left a few k because I kinda hate having glimmer maxed, doing activities and not getting any glimmer feels wasteful) and still have 400+ spiral left. It was nice. Since I fart around on the Shore a lot Spiral is one I usually have a lot of with nothing to do with them.

Also I guess spider bounties reward 2500 glimmer.

Dec 2, 2017
I did a bunch of Crucible matches on my titan...but the game didn't register them for some reason, & I couldn't hit the daily/weekly.

I think I might like the new Gambit Prime map on Titan better than the Mars one. Better angles for Primeval dps it seems.

Nov 14, 2017
Okay, yeah, one bounty was quick enough, but I have to be 620 to do Reckoning, and I'm barely at 610, and at the rate I'm going, should take about another week.
You have to be at 650 to do the reckoning. Just do the 640 bounties from Spider; reckoning and forges match based on LL so you only get matched with lower power players if you go in low yourself.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Tier 2 Reckoning (at least currently) is mindlessly easy with the right setup. All you need is a Well, a tether and two void Warlocks with Skull of Dire Ahamkara, spamming the absolute shit out of Slowva bomb. The entire activity is beyond trivial, in that everything disintegrates instantly, basically having zero shot at hurting you. The knights at the end die just as easily.

Tier 3 won't be all that difficult if you're 681+. What will be a challenge (but possibly easier later) is doing the Bridge of Folly without using any supers. It's a triumph, in case you didn't know. Completing Tier 3 flawlessly, without dying, gives you an emblem. That should be fairly simple enough.

If you're having trouble with Chasm of Screams (Thorn Strike), it's much easier with at least one tether and one Well (assuming you didn't do the quest on a Titan). The Warlock should really act as the healer and focus on keeping everyone alive and killing Thrall. If everyone is 660+, it shouldn't be that hard. I found a group on LFG the other day and had virtually little trouble. I was the Warlock (you already know), accompanied by two Hunters, one tethering everything and the other using Blade Barrage (with Shards of Galanor, naturally).

After using Thorn a lot more, my initial impressions persist. It definitely needs more range and stability and a slight increase to base damage. The DOT is fine. Handling, good as well. It doesn't need to be overpowered, but it's not at all intimidating and doesn't live up to it's own legacy. You're better off with your Midnight Coup or Kindled Orchid in PvE and Last Word or Luna's Howl/ Not Forgotten in PvP. Thorn just isn't viable and cannot compete. You will be at a disadvantage.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Thorn strike was good. Strikes should be like that. Difficult.

I agree. Nightfalls have been a joke since Five a Swords were introduced. I miss the vanilla, season 1 NFs. They were actually somewhat challenging. Sure, I could impose a stupidly high handicap, with all sorts of ridiculous modifiers, making configurations that would be far beyond anything Bungie would ever develope. But there isn't any incentive since the rewards don't change once you hit 100K.

I honestly think almost every activity should have a scoring and medal system. More importantly, have tiered loot drops based on performance. I miss the 3 star/ bronze, silver and gold ranks from D1. Bring that back and implement them into Strikes, NFs and possibly raids. The more points or efficient you are, the higher the rating. The better you do, the better the rewards. That would create incentive to play better, be smarter, and be more mindful of your setups and optimizing your loadouts and fireteams. Reward me for doing well and encourage me to do better or try again to get even more stuff.

Monkeynuts

Jan 17, 2019
this thorn quest is making competitive a whole lot more manageable right now. im not the best at pvp and ive gone on a 12 streak and got to 1600 glory in a couple of sessions.

Jof

Nov 3, 2017
After finishing off the Allegiance quest and listening to the Drifter tapes, I got serious Cayde-6 vibes from the man and how he speaks with the Guardian.

I posit that the Drifter is the original human that the Cayde-6 Exo mind transfer was taken from. It'd go something like;

Original Human with Wife and son (Ace) falls into debt, makes a deal with Clovis Bray to become an Exo to wipe the debt. Clovis store the original body/mind in stasis or something in the Exo facility (Europa?) and Cayde-1 is born.

>Collapse happens. Cayde-Exo dies. Original body dies.

>Traveller and Ghosts resurrect both his original body as the Drifter, and the Exo body as Cayde the Hunter.

>From there, their experiences (especially the Drifter living through the Dark Age) shape their personalities further into two defined people but with a shared past.

Change my mind.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently you can't even enter Tier 3 until you're 680 minimum, they mentioned it during the Bungie Bounty stream

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't choose between Thor the god of Thunder (warlock storm) and Thor the god of Hammers (Titan whatever).

Which is the most fun?

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't done this weeks ascendant challenge in a while because I hate it. Are there any tips for doing it solo that have emerged since it first dropped? I think I could probably take on the Knights but that sniper/disappearing platforming section does my head in. Ive watched a couple of youtube videos but they all seem to rush through which never worked for me on past attempts.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I haven't done this weeks ascendant challenge in a while because I hate it. Are there any tips for doing it solo that have emerged since it first dropped? I think I could probably take on the Knights but that sniper/disappearing platforming section does my head in. Ive watched a couple of youtube videos but they all seem to rush through which never worked for me on past attempts.
Which one is this? The sword one?

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed the Thorn quest on my Titan without thinking that my Warlock is the highest light character, so the highest I can get to do the strike is 656. I'm at that step now as I finished the PvP part last night. Hope I can find some 660+ folks to help me do it.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Feels like their are a lot of new players around, which is great. The last few nights while doing Forge activities I've noticed some lower LL folks using strange loadouts (like, they brought what they have, you know?) where I definitely felt like the older brother of the group trying to keep everybody together and going the right way. Had one downright shaky Bergusia ignition where no one had a Whisper and the two folks with me seemed to be content to plink the boss with their primary weapons only. After 32 rounds of Borealis and about 10 from Crooked Fang the boss finally died without about 2 seconds left on the timer. But hey, we won, right?

And then last night in the Crucible in a Rumble match I got first place. Me. First place. That never happens. I ended the match at 20 kills and the next person under me had 13. And it didn't even feel sweaty! Ahh, that new Guardian smell. 😜

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Depends if you have friends or not. If you roll Titan people expect you to only play one sub specialty for life just for melting point on bosses.

I play a lot of all the Titan sub-classes and I've never had anyone say anything to me about not rolling with melting point. If you are doing hard content and need all the help you can get then sure, go for it. Otherwise they are all pretty effective.

Dec 2, 2017
I can't choose between Thor the god of Thunder (warlock storm) and Thor the god of Hammers (Titan whatever).

Which is the most fun?
The stormcaller warlock is more like Emperor Palpatine. The answer is really dependent on you. I main warlock and it's fun, but you're also slow, floaty and get one-shot a lot. On the other hand, nova bomb & well of radiance might be the two best PvE supers going right now.

Titans are better if your play style is more about rushing in, especially if you play PvP.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The stormcaller warlock is more like Emperor Palpatine. The answer is really dependent on you. I main warlock and it's fun, but you're also slow, floaty and get one-shot a lot. On the other hand, nova bomb & well of radiance might be the two best PvE supers going right now.

Titans are better if your play style is more about rushing in, especially if you play PvP.
Ah.... well, I'll play Titan Thor then ! Seems fun enough to send out lots of hammers on enemy faces.

Dec 2, 2017
I soloed the time trial this week and really it just comes down to knowing the route and the two waves of enemies in the middle. Nova bomb (or whatever AoE super or heavy you have) the wizards when you first run in, then the acolytes on the sides because otherwise they can run off and hide.

Get on top of the knights ASAP, know which one you can attack first (Xol), then try to take down the next two together. Have them come to you on the side so you're near cover if you need to duck. The enemies disappear the second you take down the knights, so focus on them, only smashing other enemies if you're being swarmed. The knights' last hit will just be a sliver, use the R1 attack rather than the smash for that, it's quicker and doesn't leave you prone.

If you can get through that, the last run is easy, just look before you leap. Toland will show you the route, you can see the portal in the distance. You can sword swim (slashing repeatedly in the air to fly) across gaps. Don't land next to the phalanxes or they can bash you off the edge. You don't need to stop and fight them, you can just keep moving.

If you're just in it for the eggs & lore definitely use a video guide and make sure to be done with the middle encounters before going for it. Sword swimming is necessary here too, just be sure of your angle before leaping off into the dark. Bringing someone else so you don't have to restart if you die is helpful. There's also an egg that might take you a little while to nail from a distance, just be patient, it's doable.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

It's pretty easy solo. I dont know your setup or level, but just clear the enemies, yoink the sword, then take your time with slams only on the knights (or wait for super to charge). Run away if weak to regen, you have plenty of time.

When the knights are all dead, everything despawns. Touch the orb, and the path forward will be revealed. You can try to yolo it and just jump and sword skate across gaps, but when playing solo I like to go really high (on top of the domes - may require some fun platforming) - from here you jump up and just sword skate across the entire area to the chest, no fear of the rocks slamming you.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After finishing off the Allegiance quest and listening to the Drifter tapes, I got serious Cayde-6 vibes from the man and how he speaks with the Guardian.

I posit that the Drifter is the original human that the Cayde-6 Exo mind transfer was taken from. It'd go something like;

Original Human with Wife and son (Ace) falls into debt, makes a deal with Clovis Bray to become an Exo to wipe the debt. Clovis store the original body/mind in stasis or something in the Exo facility (Europa?) and Cayde-1 is born.

>Collapse happens. Cayde-Exo dies. Original body dies.

>Traveller and Ghosts resurrect both his original body as the Drifter, and the Exo body as Cayde the Hunter.

>From there, their experiences (especially the Drifter living through the Dark Age) shape their personalities further into two defined people but with a shared past.

Change my mind.

I love this! Super cool theory, and I think theres going to be a little of this in the future when we inevitably meet a backup of Cayde's pre-Collapse consciousness out in the Deep Stone Crypt (or wherever).

Unfortunately Cayde's original body would probably have been found in a Clovis Bray facility, as you mentioned, and not out in a random desert on Earth (which is where he is described as being first resurrected as a Guardian). Its also unclear that Cayde's human body has any claim to the Cayde's "soul" (the fantasy sci-fi understanding of one, lol) once his consciousness and unique biometrics all passed on to his Exo form and he became the man his Ghost specifically chose to resurrect. But neither rules it out explicitly!

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
FWIW, I strongly encourage doing Rumble. It's still PvP, but it was infinitely faster than QP for me. Many more opportunities to kill enemies.

Thanks for the tip. I did Rumble until I completed the requirements for the Ace of Spades headshots, and I am having a much easier time doing the Last Word and Thorn quests in Crucible with the Ace of Spades.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Fml, even Scourge of the Past gave only +1 gear drops. -_- Gonna be stuck a bit below 690 for a while.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I soloed the time trial this week and really it just comes down to knowing the route and the two waves of enemies in the middle. Nova bomb (or whatever AoE super or heavy you have) the wizards when you first run in, then the acolytes on the sides because otherwise they can run off and hide.

Get on top of the knights ASAP, know which one you can attack first (Xol), then try to take down the next two together. Have them come to you on the side so you're near cover if you need to duck. The enemies disappear the second you take down the knights, so focus on them, only smashing other enemies if you're being swarmed. The knights' last hit will just be a sliver, use the R1 attack rather than the smash for that, it's quicker and doesn't leave you prone.

If you can get through that, the last run is easy, just look before you leap. Toland will show you the route, you can see the portal in the distance. You can sword swim (slashing repeatedly in the air to fly) across gaps. Don't land next to the phalanxes or they can bash you off the edge. You don't need to stop and fight them, you can just keep moving.

If you're just in it for the eggs & lore definitely use a video guide and make sure to be done with the middle encounters before going for it. Sword swimming is necessary here too, just be sure of your angle before leaping off into the dark. Bringing someone else so you don't have to restart if you die is helpful. There's also an egg that might take you a little while to nail from a distance, just be patient, it's doable.
It's pretty easy solo. I dont know your setup or level, but just clear the enemies, yoink the sword, then take your time with slams only on the knights (or wait for super to charge). Run away if weak to regen, you have plenty of time.

When the knights are all dead, everything despawns. Touch the orb, and the path forward will be revealed. You can try to yolo it and just jump and sword skate across gaps, but when playing solo I like to go really high (on top of the domes - may require some fun platforming) - from here you jump up and just sword skate across the entire area to the chest, no fear of the rocks slamming you.

Cheers. Feel more confident going in to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.