• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Are any of you seeing an uptick of players in Gambit or other PvE (NF, Etc..) using Lord of Wolves since the most recent update broke it (in a good way)?

I would've thought that after videos were being posted of people melting bosses with it that I'd see it more often and that it'd hopefully speed up Gambit Prime matches at least. But nope, I've only come across one in a Gambit match as an invader and someone on the opposing team was using it to melt a HVT. All anecdotal of course, but seems bizarre that more people don't seem to be using it. Makes forge ignitions more fun too since big blue guys that are usually sponges now are vaporized with a few hits.

I did get PM'd twice by different randoms I was paired with— one for a strike and another in Gambit— asking what program I was using to hack my gun lol

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Are any of you seeing an uptick of players in Gambit or other PvE (NF, Etc..) using Lord of Wolves since the most recent update broke it (in a good way)?

I would've thought that after videos were being posted of people melting bosses with it that I'd see it more often and that it'd hopefully speed up Gambit Prime matches at least. But nope, I've only come across one in a Gambit match as an invader and someone on the opposing team was using it to melt a HVT. All anecdotal of course, but seems bizarre that more people don't seem to be using it. Makes forge ignitions more fun too since big blue guys that are usually sponges now are vaporized with a few hits.

I did get PM'd twice by different randoms I was paired with— one for a strike and another in Gambit— asking what program I was using to hack my gun lol

I mean its possible just not a lot of people have it. It was a pain in the ass for it to drop for me.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Dragonfly BA mod. Have you slotted it into one of your weapons and tried it out? Wonder how much bigger that AOE gets.

I put it in my curated Nation of Beasts. It's fun and brings back Fatebringer memories, but it's not D1 dragonfly. Haven't found it to be an impressive perk throughout D2.

Think it's time for Bungo to venture outside of making their weapons do more than just explosions.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Sigh... the hunt for a Hung Jury replacement continues...
Yea. It's just...man. Weak sauce. Idunno, maybe I need to spend more time with it.

You know what? I think it needed to be a 150 rpm scout. Or it needed to have some additional perk on it like triple tap. Or maybe Meganura stays on the weapon until you kill something with precision (similar to how Momento Mori works on Ace). 180 scouts just take too much fucking time to kill things in PvE and Meganura stacks disappear *quickly* if you reload and miss your first shot or two. Coupled with Omolon scouts not really feeling that great in general and...well I'm glad I didn't rush this weapon.

I'm like 3 Gambit Prime wins away from resetting so maybe Delirium will be a proper Hammerhead competitor in Gambit. But boy oh boy Oxygen is the first pinnacle weapon that truly has given me a bad first impression.

Dragonfly will be be good again. No matter how hard they try.
I mean, they have to know if they want it to be really fun, all they have to do is extend the explosion radius more. That's a simple change that would make many people happy.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Man, I'm on the Weaponize the Unknown step of the Thorn quest and the way the progress is tracked is really bumming me out. really wish it was a x/500 points tracker rather than a % tracker. Something about barely seeing it move at all even after a really solid match is legitimately frustrating.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Is there anyone that has not run Spire of Stars or Last Wish wanting to give it a try this weekend on PC? Tomorrow we will try to get on there and I think we will only need 1 more for a full 6. None of us have ever done either and we have not watched any guides or anything and we want to get someone in there in a similar situation so we can go for full fuckery and confusion.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
And yeah losing progress on PvP bounties for people that don't like pvp is soul destroying. I went from nearly 50% to 13 in a few stack matches. I just abandoned the bounty out of sheer anger, the best thing I could've done is leave the matches. Bounties like that encourage quitting if you know you're gonna get stomped.
What PVP bounty are you referring to??

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada

I'm using it since the update. I hate it for PvP but can manage to hit big PvE enemies in the head with it, at least.

What PVP bounty are you referring to??

Last Word, presumably. There are only three exotic quest steps that punish death with lost progress (TLW, Chaperone, and Malfeasance each have one).

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

It's a relatively rare drop, from what I can tell.

Also, not everybody playing Destiny watches the same videos we do to keep abreast of how the balance changes have affected the meta.

kreepmode

Oct 25, 2017
I put it in my curated Nation of Beasts. It's fun and brings back Fatebringer memories, but it's not D1 dragonfly. Haven't found it to be an impressive perk throughout D2.

Think it's time for Bungo to venture outside of making their weapons do more than just explosions.

*Firefly not Dragonfly from D1. Also, when was the last time you played D1 and saw firefly in action? I recently went back to play some D1 and firefly is definitely not as impressive as I remembered it to be.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
It's a relatively rare drop, from what I can tell.

Also, not everybody playing Destiny watches the same videos we do to keep abreast of how the balance changes have affected the meta.

I get that. I heard someone mentioning LoW in this thread initially but didn't think much of it, but then was watching some Destiny lore vid where the person was talking over footage of them playing Prime and just nonchalantly melting the everloving hell outta yellow bars with LoW and that was when I really took notice. I'm a snipe-with-a-bow Hunter typically for both PvE & PvP, so using something like LoW is a huge change-up, playstyle wise, but one I'm enjoying while the ride lasts. Certainly makes a lot of the mindless grinding of forges, matches, Strikes, etc.. less numbing.

Filiab

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I get that. I heard someone mentioning LoW in this thread initially but didn't think much of it, but then was watching some Destiny lore vid where the person was talking over footage of them playing Prime and just nonchalantly melting the everloving hell outta yellow bars with LoW and that was when I really took notice. I'm a snipe-with-a-bow Hunter typically for both PvE & PvP, so using something like LoW is a huge change-up, playstyle wise, but one I'm enjoying while the ride lasts. Certainly makes a lot of the mindless grinding of forges, matches, Strikes, etc.. less numbing.

What video are you referring to? Would love to see some OP usage of this gun (considering I don't yet have it)

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Jumping back into Crucible, it's good to know that Vigilance Wing still puts in work. Thing absolutely wrecks.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Jumping back into Crucible, it's good to know that Vigilance Wing still puts in work. Thing absolutely wrecks.
It's pretty good, but a decently rolled Blast Furnace, Go Figure, or Bygones does pretty much the exact same thing in most situations and doesn't take up your exotic slot.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
It's pretty good, but a decently rolled Blast Furnace, Go Figure, or Bygones does pretty much the exact same thing in most situations and doesn't take up your exotic slot.

Fair enough, haven't been back long enough to get any of them as drops but that's a neat shopping list to look out for.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Fair enough, haven't been back long enough to get any of them as drops but that's a neat shopping list to look out for.
Pulse Rifles are pretty much the gold standard for PvE and PvP content right now, and it just so happens there's an absolute wealth of killer kinetic pulse rifles that've come out since Forsaken dropped.

Chattering Bone from the Last Wish is also pretty good, but falls just a bit short compared to the ones I already listed (though if you get a decent roll on it, it's still a monster)

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Pulse Rifles are pretty much the gold standard for PvE and PvP content right now, and it just so happens there's an absolute wealth of killer kinetic pulse rifles that've come out since Forsaken dropped.

Chattering Bone from the Last Wish is also pretty good, but falls just a bit short compared to the ones I already listed (though if you get a decent roll on it, it's still a monster)

Right I'm also going to take that as code for "Hand Cannons still bloom more than a garden in spring on console" and cry myself to sleep. But jokes aside, pulses have always felt super good in the series so no complaints there.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Right I'm also going to take that as code for "Hand Cannons still bloom more than a garden in spring on console" and cry myself to sleep. But jokes aside, pulses have always felt super good in the series so no complaints there.

no, hand cannons dominate everything in crucible. last word, trust, lunas howl, not forgotten, ace of spades, and maybe now thorn (six hand cannons) are the only serious pvp choice. bygones is the only pulse showing up on the most used and it's fading.

bloom or just recoil is a thing. specifically on ace of spades on console. basically thats why the 180 rpm hand cannons (trust, Lunas, not forgotten) dominate, theyre really stable and easy to use. tlw recoils like hell, it's a skill weapon and acquired taste imo. you'd have to play with it a lot and know it inside and out to get it to work for you imo. that said it has a really strong niche just like in d1.

that said pulses may have a ease of use niche for lower skill players or new players. and they are the 2nd best to hand cannons for sure in pvp. pve i think pulses are best. at least i like them in pve best.

Last edited:

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm on the Weaponize the Unknown step of the Thorn quest and the way the progress is tracked is really bumming me out. really wish it was a x/500 points tracker rather than a % tracker. Something about barely seeing it move at all even after a really solid match is legitimately frustrating.
If I recall correctly:

Void kill: 1 point
Hand Cannon body kill: 1 point
Void Hand Cannon body kill: 2 points
Hand Cannon Precision kill: 2 points
Void Hand Cannon Precision Kill: 3 points

*Quickplay numbers. Comp was way faster.

And since progress is tracked as % /500, you'll see 1% progress per 5 points.

I know it's frustrating because it means you can get 3 grenade kills, 4 super kills and 3 hand cannon kills and see your bar go up a whopping...2%, which is underwhelming. But it's all the more reason to get this done in comp in my opinion. Only took me a few games and I racked up several powerful drops along the way - the newly doubled Glory gains made ranking up super quick.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
no, hand cannons dominate everything in crucible. last word, trust, lunas howl, not forgotten, ace of spades, and maybe now thorn (six hand cannons) are the only serious pvp choice. bygones is the only pulse showing up on the most used and it's fading.

bloom or just recoil is a thing. specifically on ace of spades on console. basically thats why the 180 rpm hand cannons (trust, Lunas, not forgotten) dominate, theyre really stable and easy to use. tlw recoils like hell, it's a skill weapon and acquired taste imo. you'd have to play with it a lot and know it inside and out to get it to work for you imo. that said it has a really strong niche just like in d1.

that said pulses may have a ease of use niche for lower skill players or new players. and they are the 2nd best to hand cannons for sure in pvp. pve i think pulses are best. at least i like them in pve best.

Is D2 Last Word still similar to the D1 version? If so I can't imagine the learning curve being *that* bad. Old TLW just took a couple of games to adjust to the style.

Also Titan shoulder charge seems to have been buffed from OG D2, because I just 100-0'd a few dudes with it by the looks of it and I felt satisfaction I haven't felt in a loooong time.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If I recall correctly:

Void kill: 1 point
Hand Cannon body kill: 1 point
Void Hand Cannon body kill: 2 points
Hand Cannon Precision kill: 2 points
Void Hand Cannon Precision Kill: 3 points

*Quickplay numbers. Comp was way faster.

And since progress is tracked as % /500, you'll see 1% progress per 5 points.

I know it's frustrating because it means you can get 3 grenade kills, 4 super kills and 3 hand cannon kills and see your bar go up a whopping...2%, which is underwhelming. But it's all the more reason to get this done in comp in my opinion. Only took me a few games and I racked up several powerful drops along the way - the newly doubled Glory gains made ranking up super quick.

I did it in rumble with, Ikelos hand cannon, shadowshot mobious quiver (dont have the spectral blades subclass) and Hammerhead. The theory being getting void kills with the heavy and subclass to occasionally help out. I tried to use my shotgun sparingly so as not to steal HC kills.

It was honestly a pretty rough grind. I feel like I sat there 3-4 hours straight going from 25% where I started (just farting around got me to 25% before I got serious) to 100%. But that's me hating using a hand cannon. Probably if the same 3-4 hours was with a pulse I would have felt differently.

I was going to try comp, but some YT vids had said the possibility of getting non slayer modes like survival made comp a wash. By the time I was seriously about to try comp I was like 85% anyway, so I was like screw it and finished in rumble. I ran rumble because a comment on hear mentioned how in quickplay everybody will steal your kills vs 1v1 rumble engagements, which I tend to agree with.

Mobious quiver was actually kind of fun, one time i trapped this guy in the corner behind some pillars and I shadowshot everywhere around him continually missing, and threw my vortex grenade. Basically the guy was totally trapped in void shit, but it didn't kill him. So I just calm shot him to death with my hand cannon. It was a LOL moment for sure.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone that has not run Spire of Stars or Last Wish wanting to give it a try this weekend on PC? Tomorrow we will try to get on there and I think we will only need 1 more for a full 6. None of us have ever done either and we have not watched any guides or anything and we want to get someone in there in a similar situation so we can go for full fuckery and confusion.
can one of you please stream this.

Status
Not open for further replies.