• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Each week you'll receive a small package as gratitude for your pledge. Throughout Season of the Drifter, depending on your pledge, one of these packages will be found at Ikora or Drifter upon each weekly reset:

Vanguard Weekly Package:
  • Powerful Vanguard Gear
  • Boon of the Vanguard
  • 10 Vanguard Tactician Tokens
  • Enhancement Core

Drifter Weekly Package:
  • Powerful Gambit Gear
  • Collector Synth
  • Invader Synth
  • Sentry Synth
  • Reaper Synth
  • 100 Infamy Points

Can I get a do-over? Drifter has way better weekly goodies than Vanguard's cheap ass

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I prolly prefer the enhancement core tbh. Almost got my first reset again by playing Gambit Prime lol.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Oxygen.

Oxygen is trash.
Scout rifles are still trash and energy weapons don't do as much damage on unshielded enemies.

And for anyone missing Lord of Wolves still, there was a D1 trick where if you stacked 5-6 of those bounties together instead of turning them in one by one you'd have a higher chance at whatever exotic was attached to said bounties. I had forgotten about it until a clanmate reminded me and that's how I ended up getting the LoW a month or two after Forsaken's launch. Hope the "trick" works for you (if it's actually a trick and not just RNG), I think anything from Spider that rewards legendary gear will do.

Nov 14, 2017
I haven't done this weeks ascendant challenge in a while because I hate it. Are there any tips for doing it solo that have emerged since it first dropped? I think I could probably take on the Knights but that sniper/disappearing platforming section does my head in. Ive watched a couple of youtube videos but they all seem to rush through which never worked for me on past attempts.
As other's have said, clear the stuff in the middle and then grab the sword. One of the knights comes up before the others, so just heavy slam that one over and over until it's dead. Then, run up the stairs to one of those side platforms with a table on it. Hang around at the back of that platform, and everything should run up to you letting you sword super and then heavy slam the other two over and over until they both die. Don't worry too much about taking damage, as soon as the big guys are dead everything else dies.

Go back to the middle where Toland is and he'll indicate which direction to go. You can straight up see the exit and pretty much go in a straight line there. If you make a bad jump, remember you can spam light attack to sword fly and recover from mistakes.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So after the last Dreaming city mission from Petra there's no more story missions right? I'm done then and I'm sure now it's grind until I hit a wall and need to buy the annual pass. Sucks they arent adding any story content though. I really loved Forsaken.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Do you get that vanguard/drifter weekly package just for choosing a side, or do you have to complete the quest?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So after the last Dreaming city mission from Petra there's no more story missions right? I'm done then and I'm sure now it's grind until I hit a wall and need to buy the annual pass. Sucks they arent adding any story content though. I really loved Forsaken.

The allegiance quest is basically a story quest. They are definitely moving the story forward and setting up pieces. I think the Nine bounties that are coming will have story stuff related to them as well.

Edit: actually full cutscnes in some of them too. Some of it seems to have leaked.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
For my second powerful frame this week I crafted a bow and got the Curated Spiteful Fang. Well, actually I got a trash spiteful fang at 673 and the curated one at 668 so the curated one became 673 pretty quick. =P It's fun and feels pretty snappy to use but I think it seems like it might actually be worse than one that had Archers Tempo and Rampage instead of the Archers Tempo / Explosive head combo this one has. Oh well, with that + some Dreaming City drops I hit 670 overall LL tonight so that feels pretty good.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
If I recall correctly:

Void kill: 1 point
Hand Cannon body kill: 1 point
Void Hand Cannon body kill: 2 points
Hand Cannon Precision kill: 2 points
Void Hand Cannon Precision Kill: 3 points

*Quickplay numbers. Comp was way faster.

And since progress is tracked as % /500, you'll see 1% progress per 5 points.

I know it's frustrating because it means you can get 3 grenade kills, 4 super kills and 3 hand cannon kills and see your bar go up a whopping...2%, which is underwhelming. But it's all the more reason to get this done in comp in my opinion. Only took me a few games and I racked up several powerful drops along the way - the newly doubled Glory gains made ranking up super quick.
Yeah, I'm not wholly opposed to it, just needed to vent a bit after having a really good match that only brought it up by 5%. I am about 13 comp matches in and at 70% thus far after two days of it. By no means a bad quest step, just kind of wish it was represented differently in the numbers side of things.

Either way, it'll all be worth it to have Thorn back again. I've missed that big dumb chunk of metal/chitin so much...

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone that has not run Spire of Stars or Last Wish wanting to give it a try this weekend on PC? Tomorrow we will try to get on there and I think we will only need 1 more for a full 6. None of us have ever done either and we have not watched any guides or anything and we want to get someone in there in a similar situation so we can go for full fuckery and confusion.

When tomorrow do y'all intend to do it?

Dec 2, 2017

Cammy...I swear this man is not even human. I've watched so many reviews of Liar's Handshake where talented youtubers can barely get it to proc. Meanwhile this dude is rocking a sniper & a Fighting Lion and using them + LH to solo entire squads with melees. How.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope you guys don't mind me asking this:

How do I unlock new subclass abilities in Destiny 1 (never payed Destiny 1 or 2 before, I got the Taken King edition on PS3 last week)? I used the level 25 boost from the postmaster (although in hindsight I guess I really shouldn't have) and even though my Warlock is now level 25, most of the voidwalker abilities and all sunsinger abilities are still locked. What are they tied to exactly if not xp?

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Alright, on to the final step of the Thorn quest. Anyone on PS4 feel like running a special version of Savathun's Song with me so I can build this abomination to everything the light stands for?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
is mindbenders ambition still good in crucible? just got my first ever in d2. that i remember anyway, its always possible i sharded something and forgot about it before i knew it was desirable.

It shows in the inventory compare as having more range than my deadpan delivery, which has been my energy shotgun crucible main, so it's replacing deadpan anyway.

Kinda pissed me off this guy took us for a nightfall 100k no mic, but i guess he set up the modifiers all wrong, we didn't make it. wasted 20+ damn minutes of my time. And he had cursebreaker title, so it's not like he hasn't played till his wang fell off.

And ooooh, nightfalls and even chasm of screams or whatever count for strikes now. So, I got loaded question and didn't even know it! sweet. And it dropped 677. it's always a nice touch when quest weapons also drop high as they should.

Last edited:

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017

Cammy...I swear this man is not even human. I've watched so many reviews of Liar's Handshake where talented youtubers can barely get it to proc. Meanwhile this dude is rocking a sniper & a Fighting Lion and using them + LH to solo entire squads with melees. How.

One be very good.

Two play the game all day to where you have a statistically high chance of getting a match with lesser players that you can abuse with his ridiculous game knowledge.

Stuff like that isn't hard when you play Destiny and only Destiny every single day for hours. Cammy amazes me with how much time he has on his hands, along with some serious skill.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that first hour was great ! And the music is awesome. Is the rest of the game as good ?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah I started vanilla yesterday.
What do I need to have everything btw ? It's so confusing with expansion 1, 2, forsaken, forsaken expansion pass......
The annual pass is for seasonal content - like season of the drifter just now, it's end game stuff for heavy players, you don't really need to worry about that until you're high level and even then it isn't mandatory. All forsaken purchases include the other 2 expansions iirc.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The annual pass is for seasonal content - like season of the drifter just now, it's end game stuff for heavy players, you don't really need to worry about that until you're high level and even then it isn't mandatory. All forsaken purchases include the other 2 expansions iirc.
So the 39.99€ pack has everything ? When would I need it?

Dec 2, 2017
Kindled Orchid > Ikelos HC, yes even on PS4. Just needs a targeting adjuster to make the bloom go away.

One be very good.

Two play the game all day to where you have a statistically high chance of getting a match with lesser players that you can abuse with his ridiculous game knowledge.

Stuff like that isn't hard when you play Destiny and only Destiny every single day for hours. Cammy amazes me with how much time he has on his hands, along with some serious skill.
I dunno, I think some of the stuff he was doing there is super hard no matter how much time you spend at it. Breach load grenade launchers & snipers are the two toughest weapon types to use, and split second reaction no-scopes on opponents jumping over you are never easy. I think out of all the youtubers I follow iFrostbolt is the most beastly, Aztecross is the best reviewer, but Cammy is the master of crazy trick shots and weird loadouts. Like I said, that video blew everyone else's Liar's Handshake clips away.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you guys don't mind me asking this:

How do I unlock new subclass abilities in Destiny 1 (never payed Destiny 1 or 2 before, I got the Taken King edition on PS3 last week)? I used the level 25 boost from the postmaster (although in hindsight I guess I really shouldn't have) and even though my Warlock is now level 25, most of the voidwalker abilities and all sunsinger abilities are still locked. What are they tied to exactly if not xp?

I've never used a boost so that may mess with things, but it's all experience related. It takes a lot of XP to max out a subclass. You get one skill in the tree at a time.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
As other's have said, clear the stuff in the middle and then grab the sword. One of the knights comes up before the others, so just heavy slam that one over and over until it's dead. Then, run up the stairs to one of those side platforms with a table on it. Hang around at the back of that platform, and everything should run up to you letting you sword super and then heavy slam the other two over and over until they both die. Don't worry too much about taking damage, as soon as the big guys are dead everything else dies.

Go back to the middle where Toland is and he'll indicate which direction to go. You can straight up see the exit and pretty much go in a straight line there. If you make a bad jump, remember you can spam light attack to sword fly and recover from mistakes.

Got it done. Used a tether to take out the knights and that helped a lot. Jumping the platforms with the sword wasn't as bad as I remember either. That part seems to easier solo than in a group.

Only difficult part was getting the first egg, the one you have to shoot at a vague light source from the centre platform. I was down to my last 3 arrows when I finally hit it.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never used a boost so that may mess with things, but it's all experience related. It takes a lot of XP to max out a subclass. You get one skill in the tree at a time.
It's all XP, and the first row of nodes unlocks much faster than the last row (which is unfortunate for voidwalker, since Embrace the Void and the Hunger are amazing). You also earn XP by turning in bounties so you may want to equip anything that needs perks unlocked before turning in a bunch of them.

Thanks, I'll keep leveling and see what happens with the abilities.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ladies and gentlemen, I don't impress easily but

r6g8aiw5szz6d639.jpg

I've been impressed. I'm about to delete ALL of my other kinetic legendary hand cannons, with maybe the exception of a Duke or two and Midnight Coup of course. I don't think I've used a hand cannon that felt this...right? I think the recoil animation just really works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.